Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What a Wonder Woman Movie Could and Should Look Like

• 126 results
    UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By UrbanChill

nah

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

This is super impressive. The part they show the amazons at paradise island felt like they were posing for a "perfume commercial" but the CGI Monsters, dramatic scenes, designing of the outfit (which I highly recommend for a movie) and fighting is superb.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By E1000

I've never read a sigle Wonder Woman story, still, I wanted to say that I'm sick of those gritty and "serious" super-hero movies. Where's the fun in that ? Make superheroes look real ? woohoo...

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It sure looked cool, but for an actual movie I would want a little more substance. Dialogue and story would be nice. However, considering this is fan made and meant to focus on the few shots that they produced, I think it was cool.

I have been loving Azzarello's work on Wonder Woman, I sure wouldn't mind if they managed to get that story across on film. Also an animated movie would be nice and perhaps fit better.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The design is real nice though. What happened to the scene of the kid running? That looked like a really cool scene.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB: Umm. How them do that? This am hard!

How they can back two, count 'em TWO, Sam Worthington starring, crappy movies about Greek gods, and keep spouting on about how Wonder Woman is, "tricky", I will never understand.

Thanks for nothing.

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viin: but Wonder Woman doesn't have Hermes's shoes

veeeSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't the bad guys know by now that guns aren't close range weapons?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She better be blitzing like Faora if the film gets made.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys, what are you fooling yourselves? Ok it's a good effort and pretty decent for a fan short, but if this is what the movie was like it would royally suck. The constant slo mo was cheesy and annoying. The fight choreography was balls. The actress wasn't that great and obviously isn't very athletic.

Are we THAT desperate for a Wonder Woman film?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Got to say I didn't really like it. Though I liked the film I got a very 300'y vibe from it and which for some reason bugged me. If I was tempted to go see a WW film that would put me off. It's a ok for a fan or amature attempt but for an actual movie please no.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was good for a fan made trailer

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmaprice said:

Wouldn't really want to see that if it were the actual trailer. Nothing of substance or character to it. They mostly just compiled a bunch of shots they thought would look cool, seemingly not caring what they meant when put together. Just because they used decent lenses doesn't make this good.

It's a cute exercise in cinematography and CG work, but that's about it.

yes i have to agree i was not overwhelmed or underwhelmed, just simply whelmed.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay lets see... The costume's bats**t terrible.(Wondie is a superhero first, a greek warrior second; seriously how hard is it to understand) The fight scenes suck and seriously nerf Wondie's abilities The absence of dialogue between characters is wierd and creepy

....And the slow motion sucks and is overused. Other than that:

No Caption Provided

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@falconer said:

Eh... Considering it's fan made, it's nice. But superhero movies don't have a problem with flashy fight sequences. When superhero movies run into a problem it's because the acting/dialog/story is crap. This trailer doesn't have any of that, so saying that this is what a WW movie should be like isn't saying much.

It's like saying Man of Steel is at least a 4/5 just based on the trailers. I liked the movie, but we all know Tony's feelings on the matter.

Sums up my feelings nicely. I'm not really blown away by this trailer in the slightest. No proper dialogue, no exploration of Diana's character, just some flashy attempts at contrasting her place as a champion of Man's World and the mythical world too. And that isn't what's needed in making a good Wonder Woman film. It's OK but not really wonderful in my book.

to be a fan made is really good,we can't expect a character development in a trailer like this,it was made to show visual aspects,that it's actually possible to do a wonder woman film,let the character development for letter,any writter with some good imagination can create a decent story,the hard partb was always the myth that no actress or costume is good enough to make the film,and this is the proof that it can be done.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@gokuwarrior: But getting the special effects isn't the problem for a Wonder Woman film. What the concern is about is translating her mythology onto the big screen in a relevant way.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lvenger said:

@gokuwarrior: But getting the special effects isn't the problem for a Wonder Woman film. What the concern is about is translating her mythology onto the big screen in a relevant way.

special effects aren't the problem,the problem is that they have to find the proper actress,and create a good script,and that is really hard when it comes to action movies with females in the leading role,specially female comic characters,they have a bad track record on the big screen.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By HexThis
    Loading Video...

I prefer this one. I think the fan-made promo in the article looked high-quality but it didn't have as good a narrative as this one. The two combined would be good. Those amazons in the one in the article just look a little too silly to me.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Someone was definitely inspired by Zack Snyder here no doubt! But yeah, this is pretty nice for a fan made trailer. The only things I take issue with it is the actress, but that's just nitpicking looks for me. Personally I want a woman that has a more fitness model type body to play the part, and the Greco-Roman armor concept for the WW suit I take issue with as well. I just don't see it as a necessity for the look even if its kind of understood that way. This does give me hope for a movie, but at the same time it also makes me realize just how much of a jewel Lynda Carter was to play the part. Honestly I think the perfect woman for the role is just too old to do it nowadays...and that is this woman below...

No Caption Provided

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

To the makers, well done, very nice work.

Avatar image for bizzybcomics1127
    BizzyBComics1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really liked that. Creative.

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it. I thought it was rather bland... Nice cinematography but that's about it. Didn't like the costumes, bad fight scenes, the little acting that was there was quite cheesy... to me this is an example of how I DON'T want a Wonder Woman movie.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By New_World_Order
    Avatar image for deactivated-6030f931768b5
    deactivated-6030f931768b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Brilliant piece of film, I'd watch this in a heartbeat.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.