Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

What a Wonder Woman Movie Could and Should Look Like

• 126 results
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

It was good but it didn't feel like the actors were into it and the fights were weak. I liked the First Impressions short film better.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The CGI was better than I thought it would be.

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not even a big fan of hers and that looked awesome

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Vaeternus

@decept_o said:

This was really good.

People love to criticize despite the best efforts of others when they themselves can't do squat.

I agree, and more often then not those who find something silly half the time or petpeeve about it know deep down they can't do half that good if they tried, but it's always easy to stay on the sidelines and criticize others...I mean hell, sadly some people get paid to do that despite how off they may be at times with games, movies, comics etc, etc

I mean look at the guy who did the fanmade MK Rebirth, then Legacy season one and two, very successful and WB greenlit him to do the MK reboot movie next year or 2015, he did that as a fanmade vid(rebirth) and yet had millions and millions of hits...so you never know. Seems that the typical, mainstream bashing method these days is "it's too dark, too Nolan-esque" etc, etc who cares? it's a successful trilogy, and MOS was a success yet had a similar style to Nolan's Batman, so as far as I'm concerned if the darker tone fits DC(which clearly it does more then Marvel) and works, then who cares?

This was impressive, don't care what anyone says for a fanmade, limited budget who else has stepped up?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 1221

I love the minotaur...In the Greek Mythology the minotaur tried to kill Theseus...Theseus killed him because he was demanding human sacrifice to him. He had enough. Theseus had killed him with a with his bare-hands.Theseus convinced Queen Hippolyta board his ship with gifts, she could not get off the ship, they fought against each other with swords but after while they married in Athens.

I did not care for her costume.I am not sure what it needs to be improve...metal seemed too harsh look about it..yet I know should be protecting...some seemed overly protected especially her gauntlets are too large. I love the way she looked and acted. She is very outstanding and pretty, she seemed too pretty to be real...almost goddess and graceful.

The Spear of Achilles, created by Hephaestus which can kill a minotaur is what Wonder Woman is throwing at the minotaur.

Ancient Greeks Women and Ancient Greek Amazons dressed in silk when they were not in battle..When they were in battle, they wore standard Roman-Greek Armor similar to Xena.

Xena's costume is a replica of an Ancient Greek Women's Armor.

Two types of the Ancient Greek Amazons, one who carries the bow, wore lighter clothing not the heavy armor...Ancient Greek Amazons who carried the broadsword wore the heaving standard Rome, Greek Armor.

Wonder Woman needs costume where it is light on the actress to wear not so heavy in appearance so she could walk around or run without dying of the heat.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

@vaeternus: I didn't know that. Thanks. That's a good example by the way.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decept_o said:

@vaeternus: I didn't know that. Thanks. That's a good example by the way.

Yep, sure anytime man. Some of these fans like us, who have talent to do projects like this sometimes are just what a studio needs.

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decept_o said:

@dorsk188:

I am not "turning" anything back on the critics.

@decept_o said:

People love to criticize despite the best efforts of others when they themselves can't do squat.

We're done here. I'm not doing the internet argument thing today.

@decept_o said:

How much "story" or character development can one expect with this?

Some. They could at least try. How many weeks / months did they spend on this and no one thought to make it anything more than an AV presentation? Like I said, why not spend an hour writing a VO to give some sort of emotional context. It's an easy way to connect to the audience (that's why nearly every movie trailer does it).

ArmaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent! If it was a trailer for the TV show, I'm watching! DC check this out! Do something already!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By TDK_1997

Not a great trailer but since it is a fan made thing it looks pretty well.The costume is the best thing from this and the woman as well.

LayneStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow, and just when I was about to lose hope that we would find a woman that could actually pull this character off!
    This was really above and beyond dedication from these fans!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

It was good but it didn't feel like the actors were into it and the fights were weak. I liked the First Impressions short film better.

I enjoyed that fan-made short better myself but I was impressed by the scale here and far more intrigued by the mythical angle of Themyscira than the setting of our modern world. I liked the costume though and the actress definitely pulled off a strong physicality needed for the role.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64 the_stegman  Moderator

Wow, people are treating this like it's the actual trailer, loosen up some guys.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Beautifully shot. I liked the blend of ancient and modern warfare.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even a fan film criticized harsly, I wonder why DC makes movies so often :) . I like the short , especially Wonder Woman costume is awesome.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jwalser3

I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan this was sick!

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ok, but I expected more to be honest.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By silent_bomber

The fantasy section was cool, the city section looked liked a grimdark "edgy" cliche.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Jenkale

wonder woman fighting humans? uhm no. that is so not the wonder woman film i a true fan of wondy wants to see. just take the first story arc of george perez's run and make that into a movie full of gods, history of the amazons, introduction of wondy's supporting cast and an epic battle with ares. (also set up circe as the big bad) movie 2 vs cheetah and have wondy take up her duties as an ambassador and movie 3 an all out war against circe ala paradise lost story arc. the end. you're welcome dc

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve said:

I enjoyed that fan-made short better myself but I was impressed by the scale here and far more intrigued by the mythical angle of Themyscira than the setting of our modern world. I liked the costume though and the actress definitely pulled off a strong physicality needed for the role.

The use of CGI was amazing here. For a fan made trailer it's unbelievable. The actress here had no personality. Her face was deadpan for two and a half minutes. I agree with her physicality and the costume. They altered it just enough to make the older and newer WW fans happy.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Honestly with the kind of villains wonder woman has, she would work better as a movie character than even superman, people just need to learn how to do it.

Actually bought superman and her have villains that would work more as for movies, while batman has villains who work awesome for shows.

Though we already have a great wonder woman movie, the animated one, and if any one ever plans on making a live action WW movie, they should watch the animated one first!!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I know it's fan made, but I still didn't see anything that blew me away.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The effects, costumes, and logo were great for fan-film standards. The actual content...not so much, but it was still enjoyable to watch.

Moby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The short could have be better but the best wonder woman fan film I have seen so far. Fight scene was lacking

Vitaeleous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Vitaeleous

My thoughts in full: http://watercolour-horizons.blogspot.ca/2013/09/what-went-wrong-woeful-wonder-woman.html

@decept_o: I like that last question, How much "story" or character development can one expect with this? I think that reveals a lot about expectation in the superhero genre. The answer is: some. Anything, even. If this is a "trailer", as everyone seems to be claiming,what is it for? We don't know; nobody is telling us. We aren't given the name of a single character, a place, an event, a date, even a quirky anecdote about war or a witty quip mid-combat. Epic music, that we have in plenty.

We (all) should note that Rainfall TV, the studio behind this clip, has been promoting it as a "short film", not a trailer. "Short film" is a term a lot of people take very seriously. That person might not be you, but it's worth it to recognize that there are festivals and prestigious awards for the Short Film category, and that if this video walked into one of those festivals it would be laughed out of the building.

Can we add another category of comment? People are here ripping on each other for being "negative", as if positive and negative are the only two possibilities in this dialogue, and one of them is "good" and the other "bad", on some arbitrary moral scale. Let's add "critical" commentary to the mix, because I think we should afford people the opportunity to critique a work of art like this without someone popping up to tell them they're a terrible person. Cheers.

uberathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad not bad.

Honestly, a WW film is totally doable. They just have to present her right ... as a total badass warrior.Think a mix of Gladiator/Braveheart/300. Have her kick ass. Imagine a poster of her driving a sword through some creature with a splat of blood on her face. BADASS. Cast Bridget Regan or Tabrett Bethell. Let her wear her warrior costume akin to the one worn in this fan trailer. Give her lots of fight sequences. I mean, the Wonder Woman animated film was pretty darn awesome. Use that as a guide.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

You're sure that's fan-made?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main reason why she cant get a movie is because she lacks villains who can support the movie. The only enemies she have the can support a movie are Circe and Ares. While cheetah is one of her archenemies she cant support the rain of a main villain.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By gokuwarrior

to be a fan made is really good,we can't expect a character development in a trailer like this,it was made to show visual aspects,that it's actually possible to do a wonder woman film,let the character development for letter,any writter with some good imagination can create a decent story,the hard partb was always the myth that no actress or costume is good enough to make the film,and this is the proof that it can be done.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

This is a pretty awesome video. We need a movie!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By gokuwarrior

@justice_teen said:

Main reason why she cant get a movie is because she lacks villains who can support the movie. The only enemies she have the can support a movie are Circe and Ares. While cheetah is one of her archenemies she cant support the rain of a main villain.

if villans were the problem she had at least 2 movies already,one with ares and another one with circe,the main problem is find the proper actress,the problem that some people seem to have with the costume,and find a good script,something that is missing in most of the movies with females in the leading role,so with wonder woman,the most iconic female,they have to work 3 times harder than with the others that failed.

and cheetah can work as a good villan for a movie,when written properly she is a true powerhouse,and has a good theme to be wonder woman's villan,cheetah as the avatar of a god has a chaotic and hopeless vision of the world and humanity and can't conceal her frustration and hate towards wonder woman for wanting to act as a human,for leaving her godly statu behind to live as a normal person and put her powers to serve humanity,cheetah thinks there is no point in the world,humanity is doomed by its own nature,wonder woman works for a better work,she thinks that you can always make a different,we got a conflict of ideas between them and we also has cheetah working as a reminder of what diana could become,what she would be without her hope and love,and cheetah always living to see diana lose faith in her goals and be corrupted,a psychotic desire to say to her,"i told you","i want to be there when you realize you have been playing a loosing game",i find all these about cheetah to be very interesting.

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh not like this but yeah it was awesome.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice! i was expecting superman would fly down themyscira and help the amazon with those giant monsters :)

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Not a huge fan of these fan trailers, as they are generally style over substance, but I must say, the style here is pretty impressive. The special effects and costumes look great even considering these things usually cost a bit of dough. Too much 300 though, way too much 300. Please, Snyder's been making progress, don't give him any ideas.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Pretty damn cool for fan made. Makes me wonder why Hollywood and DC can't make something just as good for a longer time. If this was long, I'd be happy with just a fan made movie for now.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

So cool!!! When DC puts WW in the big screen, they will probably frick it up -_-

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And why is this so hard for DC to wrap their heads around?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i thought it was great !

Vitaeleous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're sure that's fan-made?

It isn't. That term keeps getting thrown around in a well-that-explains-their-lack-of-funding/dialogue/plot context, and yes, the vid is an unlicensed production. But in answer to your question, it was produced by a professional studio out of Los Angeles, Rainfall TV, something that's being rather overlooked.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By DanialCarroll

If this was a movie, I wouldn't be watching it. Cinematically, it's technically impressive, but it showed me nothing that made me think, "I want to see a movie of this!" :/

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not bad, but definitively the feel is not what I'm looking for in a WW movie.

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

i thought it was one of the Bella Twins (WWE Divas) and thought it would make sense to cast an actual (or WWE) wrestler as WW. Either way there's nothing to complain about, from her appearance to her action. WW is mostly about actions, almost everywhere i've seen her it's with a straight face

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
    ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

For a trailer, I was kind of waiting for it to drag to an end. All of the slow motion was really grating on the nerves. By the end of it, I was pretty underwhelmed, which may have something to do with the fact that it was so over-hyped.

People keep saying that it was great for a fan-made trailer, but I think in saying that, it's a bit misleading. A professional studio made this, but not under the DC logo, hence the fan-made title. I think for being studio-made, it could've definitely been better.

That's not to say that there aren't positive things. The costume, for one, is pretty great. If WB were to go the "swimsuit" route (which I don't understand the hate for, considering she moves like a gymnast; why shouldn't she dress like one to reach optimal potential), I'm sure there would be a great amount of backlash. This would be a nice compromise. I also like that it goes back and forth between Themyscira and an urban city, though I think that with her first movie, most of it she be spent in her home world. I wouldn't mind, though, if they went with her New 52 origins, either.

Altogether, though, I wasn't too impressed with this particular rendition of Wonder Woman's character.

yoldo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By yoldo1

This was great. I think it might be the best live action treatment of Wonder Woman yet filmed.

Darwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked it.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmaprice said:

Wouldn't really want to see that if it were the actual trailer. Nothing of substance or character to it. They mostly just compiled a bunch of shots they thought would look cool, seemingly not caring what they meant when put together. Just because they used decent lenses doesn't make this good.

It's a cute exercise in cinematography and CG work, but that's about it.

This.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bad.

Avatar image for seriozhalyvers416
    seriozhalyvers416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys on the substance and character part gotta chill out for a bit. They have Wonder Woman down, they've had her script just Warner Brothers are having a panic attack on how she should look. did you see the demo outfit of her in street clothes with leather bracelets???? yeah, they don't know how to show her as she is for PC reasons for pleasing every critic where this "TRAILER" is designed to show her how she should be! The outfit is EXCELLENT! the sense of action is GOOD & the mythical touch is PERFECT! She is the 300 meets any Marvel movie hero but a female hero is Wonder Woman. give props to her and i hope the fools at WB or whoever is confused on how great she truly is to let her be herself by Goddess damn it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.