Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Which is the better isolationist utopia that sent a royal to the outside world?

Who made the better movie? Marvel or DC?

What's the final box office take going to look like? Will Black Panther edge out Wonder Woman in overall revenue?

Will it get the Oscar Wonder Woman didn't?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

WW wasn't even about Thyemscira.

WB and Marvel studios make films not DC and Marvel.

Black Panther will likely go over 900 million dollars so yeah it'll beat Wonder Woman.

No it wont get Oscars in any of the main categories. However it could bag some for effects, disign, costumes etc.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I meant what's the better realized society, as far as it's cinematic depiction

No duh, so obviously Marvel wins based on your answer to the third question

Hopefully

Wonder Woman didn't even get nominated

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Wakanda.

2. Black Panther though both were very good.

3. Black Panther had the second highest opening ever for a CBM and is looking at a possible $ 1 billion gross with decent legs. It should fly past Wonder Woman and most MCU films.

4. I doubt it.

PollysAmazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if we can compare isolationist policies since so much more of Black Panther takes place in Wakanda/revolves around whether isolationism is acceptable than Wonder Woman does in Themyscira. Also, it’s interesting to note that neither of them were really “sent” out into the world; both Diana and T’Challa made the choice to end their respective isolations to better the world.

With regard to which one is a better film? I’d say Black Panther. But it’s also important to mention that I felt the same swell of emotion seeing beautiful peaceful societies built by strong women and people of color.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman was "sent", the whole reason for the contest was to find a proper representative to the outside world.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pollysamazon: And that's why Wonder Woman is so lackluster when compared to Black Panther, it's not at all faithful to the source material. They changed it all around for people who don't even know any better and wouldn't let her fly, or allow Themyscira to have technology. Black Panther made changes too but they were no where near as egregious, therefore it was much more satisfying for hardcore fans. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a Wonder Woman film I can truly endorse.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pollysamazon: And that's why Wonder Woman is so lackluster when compared to Black Panther, it's not at all faithful to the source material. They changed it all around for people who don't even know any better and wouldn't let her fly, or allow Themyscira to have technology. Black Panther made changes too but they were no where near as egregious, therefore it was much more satisfying for hardcore fans. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a Wonder Woman film I can truly endorse.

I don´t think Themyscira needs tech. Black Panther was good, especially for a Marvel movie, but although WW had some flaws I still think it had more powerful, emotional and memorable moments.

I haven´t been as impressed with Marvels output, but I have to admit they did a very good job with Black Panther and didn´t shy from the political and social themes.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: I completely disagree. Black Panther's politics resonated with me on a level the DCEU Wonder Woman could never compete with.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther is what Wonder Woman should have been. Black Panther proudly embraced it's African culture and talked about oppression of Africa, explained Wankandan politics and technology . Killmonger is the best mcu villain who breaks Black Panther both Physically and emotionally. It action is ok.

DC completely destroyed what is Unique to Wonder Woman and made her a generic superhero. Amazons are no longer sympathetic greek woman hiding from the world because they believe that men will not accept Independent Woman. Wonder Woman is created by Zeus instead of Greek Godesses. Amazons do not have intelligence to develop advanced technologies like Invisible Jet and are just Woman with bows and Arrows. They killed all the Gods so that Superman can be the only God and thus putting future WW movies in jeopardy.

Aries who is supposed to WW's Darkseid and Joker combined is turned into Joke and killed by bullshit Deus ex machina power.He was there just because there should be final fight because its a Superhero movie and not because of the plot.

Not to mention WW don't do anything and stay hidden in mourning for 100 years and only suits up when Batman sends her an Email

She did nothing more than showing her Ass in Justice League.

I hope WW2 and Captain marvel does a better Job than Wonder Woman.

The only department where Wonder Woman does better than BP is it Iconic No man land Scene while BP don't have any memorable action scenes

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Tie, they both worked. Difference is that BP was about Wakanda, whereas WW was about leaving Paradise.

I am properly more inclined to give WW another watch.

What's the final box office take going to look like? Will Black Panther edge out Wonder Woman in overall revenue?

Yes.

For what? Just because these two movies were pop-culture phenomenon's doesn't make them Oscar material.

Tedirey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. "Ares was there because it's a superhero movie and not because of plot."

This made me lose some IQ points.

I haven't watched Black Panther yet. I doubt I could squeeze some of my precious time. I'm just not that interested. I would rather watch Coming to America again.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Lol. "Ares was there because it's a superhero movie and not because of plot."

This made me lose some IQ points.

'Because plot' is a rather silly argument because you can apply it to anything thats scripted.

Tedirey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Aries who is supposed to WW's Darkseid and Joker combined is turned into Joke and killed by bullshit Deus ex machina power.He was there just because there should be final fight because its a Superhero movie and not because of the plot.

This is just so wrong.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure Themyscira is truly an isolationist nation. They don't really have the option of entering the outside world without essentially being lost to their home forever.

I'd call it a draw. I thoroughly enjoyed both movies. Wonder Woman is easily the best thing DCEU/WB has produced since the Batman franchise. BP has proven itself to be a first rate offering within the MCU, but frankly has more competition in that arena than WW does over at WB.

Obviously BP is crushing it ... currently in 10th all time with $1.3B, will likely settle in around 7th or 8th all time when all is said and done. Wonder Woman had a phenomenal run and beat all expectations so I suspect the sequels for both of these films will do even bigger numbers.

I sincerely doubt there will be Oscars in any major category for BP ... possibly some editing/technical/effects stuff, but the genre is largely ignored for Acting/Directing/Writing awards from the Academy.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman most glaring problem was her villains. The General, Dr Poison, Ares were just generic evil guys.

We live in post Joker,Loki,Bane world where villains are just as popular as the heroes.

Ares shows up at the very last 10 min of the movie.That's too short time to either like or hate him. He is just a bland villain. And when he transformed with his mustache showing under the helmet, it was more funny than intimidating.Most marvel movies also have really generic villain.

What Black Panther has is a villain whose motives make sense. He was also sympathetic and badass.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CSG_CL

Wonder Woman most glaring problem was her villains. The General, Dr Poison, Ares were just generic evil guys.

We live in post Joker,Loki,Bane world where villains are just as popular as the heroes.

Ares shows up at the very last 10 min of the movie.That's too short time to either like or hate him. He is just a bland villain. And when he transformed with his mustache showing under the helmet, it was more funny than intimidating.Most marvel movies also have really generic villain.

What Black Panther has is a villain whose motives make sense. He was also sympathetic and badass.

I'd say Dr. Poison and the Ludendorf were a little strange only due to the WWI setting ... they are both Nazi style villains so didn't 100% fit in to WWI era but I don't think there was ever a question about Ares being in the movie.

Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DCEU is a dumpster fire and probably can't recover at this point. Cancel it.

Anyways, Black Panther was a much better movie than WW. Why? Because it actually stuck to the source material. These dumb Hollywood producers changed and twisted WWs origin all around for the people who didn't even know any better. Why do B and C-list characters in the MCU get better representation for their characters than an A-lister who's supposed to be the most iconic female superhero? It doesn't make sense to me. I love WW but the villains in her movie were straight up laughable. Wtf happened to Ares? What's with all the generic and cheesy dialogue and the terrible CGI at the end? Warner Bros need to end the tragedy and that is the DCEU. It's pretty funny how they were trying to catch up with Marvel and failed miserably. Reviving Superman in Justice League only to receive utter disappointment and disdain from fans is the only thing they accomplished and quite frankly, deserved. The Wonder Woman movie was not an actual WW movie. Just stale food thrown at us from the corrupt Hollywood market and fed to us like we're some kind of kids.

I liked Wonder Woman movie .It could have been way worse considering how Superman and Batman were butchered in the movies .Remember Injustice ,New 52 Wonder Woman . Wonder Woman personality was great ,Brave ,naive and compassionate .Steve Trevor was also good .Amazons were not portrayed as barbarians who murdered sailors and sold their male babies for weapons.

Wonder Woman movie dodged a lot of bullets considering it was based on New 52 Wonder Woman comics. If the villains were good ,the movie would have been amazing.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@geraldofvengerberg: I don't care what anyone says. I didn't like the movie and I never will. Comparing it to Black Panther, it looked like garbage. And obviously they aren't going to turn WW into a bitch in her first solo movie. That would be absurd and stupid.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Archizooom

I don't know why they made up a village besieged by german troops for Wonder Woman to save, when you have an entire generation of men dying by the thousands in the brutal meat-grinder of trench warfare in war world 1. The movie should've been Wonder Woman protecting them like an Angel of Mons, as opposed to killing a bunch of germans that were forced to fight for the land of their birth, that was such a missed opportunity imo. I really, really hope they ditch the sword and shield in the sequel

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TrueThemyscira

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.