Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The Odyssey of the Amazons coming on January 2017

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Set in the world of and years before the birth of Wonder Woman, The Odyssey of the Amazons by Underworld actor/co-creator Kevin Grevioux and artist Ryan Benjamin follows "the stalwart Hessia" and a group of Amazons who embark on a "globe-spanning quest to find others of their kind, encountering legendary creatures and beings along the way." The Amazonian party is split however, and turns into a resue mission when Amazons are captured by Norse storm giants.

"It’s up to their leader, Hessia, to keep them together through the many trials that lie ahead."

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

It´s something that i always been interrested on.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty stoked, I've always wanted a story dealing with the history of Paradise Island, I hope they coordinate this with whatever Rucka's doing right now. I love me some winged-horses, the artwork looks really nice plus how cool is it that DC's expanding the Wonder Woman mythos! They're also reportedly working on a Wonder Woman animated movie, happy days

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo in.

I'm pretty stoked, I've always wanted a story dealing with the history of Paradise Island, I hope they coordinate this with whatever Rucka's doing right now. I love me some winged-horses, the artwork looks really nice plus how cool is it that DC's expanding the Wonder Woman mythos! They're also reportedly working on a Wonder Woman animated movie, happy days

All this.

Personally would rather have a "The Themyscira Chronicles" similar to was PAD did for Atlantis where it gave a history epic of the nation and people of it.

Nonetheless the book still seems intriguing and Hessia is a cool character.

I'd really like this too. Especially with just this past issue of Wonder Woman with Barbara Minerva exploring Amazonian tombs and hunting their path across the world to paradise, really interested in an exploration of their history.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

I've waited a long time for something like this, ever since Perez mentioned lost tribes other than the Bana. Then we only had two Amazon queens, Hippolyta and Antiope. Now we have twelve, there's lots to explore.

Hopefully we'll get some immortal threats like Circe, Morgan Le Fay, Vandal Savage, Atlanteans, Olympians or New Gods to go along with the Asgardians. Gundra would be nice too.

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the art doesn't oversexualize the amazons. But I like Dessa and I'm hoping that the story adds something positive to Diana's world. It desperately needs some love.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.