Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The Many Dads Of Wonder WOman

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

So over the course of Wonder WOman's history, many attempts have been made to update Wonder Woman's origin. The Clay origin never stuck for most people, and out side of comic book fans, no one really knew that aspect of her mythos. Children of the Gods has always been a better hook and Wonder Woman wanted to ride that train. Here's a breakdown of some of the gods who have been her dad so far

Zeuz- New 52, Rebirth, Injustice and DCEU

Hades- Justice League The Animated Series

Hercules- Wonder WOman Earth One

Anyone know any other dads in elseworlds? Or is this about it?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

I always prefered the clay origin, it was original and unique.

Plus being a child of Zeus is rather a boring cliche honestly, while being child of Hades is simply watered down version of the previous. Though being child of Hercules is not as much used trope as the rest as well as being a better character to choose IMO, it still falls under the same category of cliche and is also a watered down version of previous ones.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: Hercules is worse considering all the things he's done, actually worse then his father I'd argue.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@masterwitcher88: I was talking about myth Hercules actually. But if we go by DC comics standards then pre-crisis/unbound/rebirth Hercules would fit the best he was a true noble hero even marvel's Hercules is not as noble and good as unbound Hercules.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I like the Earth-1 origin best, the only problem is, having been engineered from Hercules' dna doesn't account for all the powers that she has, though they could say she developed them through her rigorous amazon training which is true to her roots

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: Well, Hercules' DNA doesn't mostly but the Zeus part of it does.

And remember a child of god doesn't always have same powers as the father, sometimes they develop powers unique to them.

I mean look at Zeus and his children each one has different powers and none of them have lightning powers of Zeus

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum said:

I always preferred the clay origin, it was original and unique.

Plus being a child of Zeus is rather a boring cliche honestly, while being child of Hades is simply watered down version of the previous. Though being child of Hercules is not as much used trope as the rest as well as being a better character to choose IMO, it still falls under the same category of cliche and is also a watered down version of previous ones.

this.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: I was talking about myth Hercules actually. But if we go by DC comics standards then pre-crisis/unbound/rebirth Hercules would fit the best he was a true noble hero even marvel's Hercules is not as noble and good as unbound Hercules.

That's whom I was referring to.

"Myth Herakles has....

1. Killed his music teacher Lindos after Lindos struck him for being a poor pupil
    2. Cut off the noses and ears of Erginos' heralds
    3. Fed Diomedes to his man-eating horses
    4. Killed an Amazon queen and with Theseus abducted an Amazon for later ransom (see later)
    5. Killed the Moliones at the Isthmian Games as revenge for having defeated his army when he was ill
    6. Raped the priestess Auge during a festival of Athena after drinking too much wine
    7. Killed Iphitos for not handing over his daughter Iole as promised (despite being married to Deianeira at the time)
    8. Enslaves the inhabitants of Omphale
    9. Slew Syleus' daughter Xenodike and burned his vineyard

There are other possible misdeeds, of course - I'm not sure that all 49-50 daughters of Thespios consented that night, for example, but you never know.

murdering his wife and children (and possibly his brother Iphicles' children), we have the flipside. Herakles' murdering of his children is attested to as early as the Kypria (8th/7th century), and it's put down to madness. However, it's not until Euripides (5th century) that not only is Hera the cause of the madness, but Herakles killed his wife Megara as well.

earliest versions of the myth suggest that Herakles merely had to defeat the Amazons in battle and bring back the girdle as proof of his victory; 5th Century Southern Italian vase art shows peaceful negotiations with the Amazons; Dion of Prusa has Hippolyte seduce Herakles. Later on, Apollonios and Diodoros say that Herakles abducted then ransomed Melanippe in return for Hippolyte's girdle. It's only when you get to pseudo-Apollodoros that Hera, disguised as an Amazon, stirs up trouble after Hippolyte promises to give Herakles the girdle and Herakles ends up killing Hippolyte in battle."

Quoted from Rob Buckley.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@masterwitcher88:

Well, i know that, but that's not what i meant really, i guess it was simple misunderstanding, which is understandable given that i didn't properly word my post, but anyways i didn't mean Hercules as person really, but as a concept, since being child of Hercules is more interesting and unique than being classic cliche child of Zeus.

Also rememmber not all version of Hercules are same, most of the time they are interepretations of character, like Thor from Marvel, who is nothing alike his myth counterpart outside of basic lore obviously, their personalities and actions are totally different. Same with DC's Unbound/Pre-Crisis Herc, outside of basic lore, he hasn't done any of that crap myth Herc did, and acts completely different as well as has different personality, as i mentioned earlier this version of Hercules is a noble hero.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

Well, i know that, but that's not what i meant really, i guess it was simple misunderstanding, which is understandable given that i didn't properly word my post, but anyways i didn't mean Hercules as person really, but as a concept, since being child of Hercules is more interesting and unique than being classic cliche child of Zeus.

Also rememmber not all version of Hercules are same, most of the time they are interepretations of character, like Thor from Marvel, who is nothing alike his myth counterpart outside of basic lore obviously, their personalities and actions are totally different. Same with DC's Unbound/Pre-Crisis Herc, outside of basic lore, he hasn't done any of that crap myth Herc did, and acts completely different as well as has different personality, as i mentioned earlier this version of Hercules is a noble hero.

My bad, you are right it's different from the traditional child of Zeus origin. Though I prefer Zeus to Hercules any day, why be his grandson when you can just be his son.

I think Hercules works better as a villain, DC was surprising accurate to the myths post-crisis wise and that's partly what drew me to it.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@masterwitcher88:

My bad, you are right it's different from the traditional child of Zeus origin. Though I prefer Zeus to Hercules any day, why be his grandson when you can just be his son.

I agree, but you see as time goes on and on, the said origin becomes boring, plus being child of Herc can give certain elements that being child of Zeus can't and vice versa. But anyways clay origin >>> any of those any day of the week, it was unique and original, and it had a key element which Zeus-esque origins don't have, it had the element of TIMELESSNESS, DC doesn't learn lessons, don't try to fix what is not broken.

I think Hercules works better as a villain, DC was surprising accurate to the myths post-crisis wise and that's partly what drew me to it.

Sure, only if it is Post-Crisis Herc, but there also rises a problem since Hercules is not just part of Diana's lore, but also other characters, like The Olympian, Captain Marvel and etc..., but Trials of Shazam fixed that in a bit, by explaining that their Hercules represents a certain concept and is a Lord of Magic/Order (like Nabu), and that other Herculeses are pretty much just his variations and interpretations ie avatars.

But anyways Pre-Crisis/Unbound/Rebirth Hercules is not a villain so it ain't gonna work out that way in Rebirth era, since his origin and the type of character was estabilished decades ago in his solo, honestly i expected appearance of Post-Crisis Hercules, which would have been logical, but since they retconned Diana's origin, so was retconned the Hercules part of it, but given it was James Robinson, who is fond of old characters, i was not surprised that he chose Unbound Hercules of all their versions.

But Rebirth Hercules can work as a villain in a way, simply go the way Trials of Shazam did ie simply make Unbound Herc the true Herc, who should appear rather rarely, and another Hercules who is his avatar, but has chosen an evil/dark path, basically rememmber War of the Gods event, avatars of Greek Gods who are known as Roman Gods became individual and rebelled against their originals, same thing here.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

I always prefered the clay origin, it was original and unique.

I know some people do, I just point out why it probably didn't stick. Outside of the fanbase, no one really knows or cares about it compared to the other two of the Trinity. Daughter of the gods is not exactly original atm (had they done this from the start it would have been), but it is sexier.

For me, I love it. Yeah, I'm a total basic bitch when it comes to the Children of Gods angle! I used to love reading about Greek Mythology when i was a kid, and Azz's run just got me hooked. It had your family back stabbing, Hera being a bitch, incest and Zeuz being a total slut. If I could only keep one thing, is Diana having to deal with the family drama that comes with being a child of Zeuz.

In any case, I did make this thread wondering if there were any more examples of other dads in other stories.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: sh... shut up! HERCULES IS A HERO GODDAMMIT! IT SAID SO IN THAT TV SHOW AND CARTOON MOVIE!

Joking aside, I would have loved to see the dynamic between Diana and Hercules. Even if he's a bad guy, it be cool to see these two Demi God bastards and how they would interact.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard:

I know some people do, I just point out why it probably didn't stick. Outside of the fanbase, no one really knows or cares about it compared to the other two of the Trinity.

Honestly It's simply DC not properly pushing the character, but that was always the case, they always pushed the most popular poster boy ie Batman >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman >>>>> the rest.

If DC did proper justice to her then certain details about her would be more popular. If she had 2 comic runs like Supes or Bats, her animated show like Supes, more than 1 animated movie and etc....

Daughter of the gods is not exactly original atm (had they done this from the start it would have been), but it is sexier.

If from the start you mean Golden Age Diana, then maybe, but if you mean Post-Crisis then no. Plus originally in Wonder Woman's lore Zeus was Cassie/Wonder Girl's father, they essentially gave Diana her origin.

Also sexier? Well, at least clay origin Diana was blessed by Aphrodite, can't get sexier than that. XD

For me, I love it.

Cool.

Just because i don't like it, i ain't gonna force my view on anyone, each person has his/her own preferences. :)

Yeah, I'm a total basic bitch when it comes to the Children of Gods angle! I used to love reading about Greek Mythology when i was a kid, and Azz's run just got me hooked.

Who doesn't love mythology? Those things were the comics before comics existed. :D

It had your family back stabbing, Hera being a bitch, incest and Zeuz being a total slut. If I could only keep one thing, is Diana having to deal with the family drama that comes with being a child of Zeuz.

Was never fan of drama really, unless it is something like GoW, where the main protagonist slaughters all his god siblings.

But glad you liked it though.

In any case, I did make this thread wondering if there were any more examples of other dads in other stories.

I see.

But usually it is either Zeus daddy or the clay one.

But in New 52/Rebirth Earth 2, Diana's father is Jupiter, the roman version of Zeus, and yes they are not the avatars of greek gods in N52, they are separate pantheon.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@saintwildcard said:

Joking aside, I would have loved to see the dynamic between Diana and Hercules. Even if he's a bad guy, it be cool to see these two Demi God bastards and how they would interact.

Post-Crisis Hercules is a bad guy and resembles his myth version. But he is out of continuity, so no Diana vs Evil Hercules anymore.

But Pre-Crisis/Rebirth Hercules is what i call what Marvel did to Thor or what Disney did to Hercules, they removed all iffy stuff from myths, changed their personalities, changed their past as well as added and removed some details and turned them into noble heroes.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By masterwitcher88

@masterwitcher88: sh... shut up! HERCULES IS A HERO GODDAMMIT! IT SAID SO IN THAT TV SHOW AND CARTOON MOVIE!

Probably punching each other. Diana would be like "why are you even here? You were such a dick to my mom." or something along those lines. Diana would win obviously being Stronger then Hercules one of her signature lines. I don't view Herc as a straight up villain though i.e. ruling the world and all that, he's just a bad guy who often runs into Diana and is an obstacle. Perez tried to redeem him in Challenge of the Gods but personally I didn't think it worked.

Perseus is my FAV Greek hero and is actually monogamous, wife loving, and a genuine good hero. He's honestly a better male version of Diana than Simone's Achilles. I'd love to see more of him in Diana's world, and Achilles too.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

And then Hercules pulls a Darth Vader, - " Diana, i am your father !!! " - Diana: " No, That's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE " XD

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

Probably punching each other. Diana would be like "why are you even here? You were such a dick to my mom." or something along those lines. Diana would win obviously being Stronger then Hercules one of her signature lines. I don't view Herc as a straight up villain though i.e. ruling the world and all that, he's just a bad guy who often runs into Diana and is an obstacle. Perez tried to redeem him in Challenge of the Gods but personally I didn't think it worked.

Perseus is my FAV Greek hero and is actually monogamous, wife loving, and a genuine good hero. He's honestly a better male version of Diana than Simone's Achilles. I'd love to see more of him in Diana's world, and Achilles too.

If one were to go this route, of both of them being bastards of Zeuz, they should be written as rivals. Gotta keep shit interesting. They are mirror versions of eachother. Alike in so many ways, but different in their ways of being heroes. Heroes of myth weren't heroes to save people, but to live as legends. Hercules would be that kind of hero, the one who wants the adoration and loves the challenge.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: @lord_spectrum:

My main problem with the Zeus origin is that ALL her power comes from him. I don't mind her having Zeus's lighting, she had it before, but her strength and other powers should remain post-crisis i.e. Gifts from the Gods. But as a Demi-Goddess she could discover other powers like polarity or creating magical constructs like eagles, there's a lot to explore.

• Demeter: godlike strength and durability
    • Hermes: godlike speed and flight
    • Artemis: prowess of a master hunter(MFTL/femtosecond reaction time) and unity with animals
    • *NEW*Apollo: godlike healing factor and divine blood(immunity to mortal diseases, illnesses and plagues)
    • Aphrodite: stunning beauty
    • Athena: great wisdom, natural warrior's instinct and insane mental defenses/prowess
    • *NEW*Zeus: command over divine lighting

(I add Zeus and Apollo cause they were added in rebirth, Hestia wasn't there, and I just going pretend that the peacock was Demeter and not Hera) and that would that.

Have her train under Athena rather then Ares and that's the best of both worlds in my POV.

Clay origin is most original and timeless though. No arguing that.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

And then Hercules pulls a Darth Vader, - " Diana, i am your father !!! " - Diana: " No, That's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE " XD

LOL!!! XD

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@masterwitcher88:

My main problem with the Zeus origin is that ALL her power comes from him.

I don't see a problem with that. Also didn't Rebirth add more than just Zeus as her benefactor?

I don't mind her having Zeus's lighting,

Power of Zeus is more than just lightning, it's his signature power like Kamehameha for Goku, but anyways to quote Hera children/grandchildren of Gaia wield power of the universe. It can be explored with Diana as well, she is also blood relative of her.

No Caption Provided

she had it before, but her strength and other powers should remain post-crisis i.e. Gifts from the Gods. But as a Demi-Goddess she could discover other powers like polarity or creating magical constructs like eagles, there's a lot to explore.

But in doing so, we get a problem, which i call Flash problem, ie the hero is so OP, that there is no challenge to her regularly, and on average she would suffer from PIS/WIS instances, since it would feel stupid knowing that she has all that power but struggles so hard against someone insignificant.

Have her train under Athena rather then Ares and that's the best of both worlds in my POV.

Why not both? Given that Rebirth made Ares a heroic type guy, instead of a villain, but he suffers from madness because of his nature as God of War.

Anyways Diana lost at least 2 villains, Herc is a good guy version now, same with Ares.

Clay origin is most original and timeless though. No arguing that.

Preach.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:I'm not entirely in disagreement that being his Daughter shouldn't give her all his powers. The children of gods powers have always been sort of a random. So they either have to establish why she has so many powers, or give her one and then the rest she earns. Someone actually made a really good case to me as to why WW should earn her powers and not have a dad, something about her being the female power fantasy and how it shouldn't rely on a man. she earned her abilities. And I'm like... solid point.

But in the end, Zeus's Bastard for me!

@lord_spectrum: And yeah, I meant Golden Age.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yeah, I meant Golden Age.

I see, if so she would be the mother/originator of children of Zeus/Gods cliche. :D

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

I use Zeus's lighting as an example as that's the only thing she's shown to have gotten from him. Myth Zeus could shatter a universe with it, in all honesty that's the only weapon she needs, no swords needed, maybe the Aegis shield though. ;) But yes there's a hell of a lot with Zeus then just lighting.

She did get her powers from other gods now. Her post-crisis powers have returned in a way.

If her clay origin is really gone then at least she still has her gifts from the gods back in issue 6. So, happy/not so happy medium I guess.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

For those of you wondering... Hera (peacock), Apollo (mouse), Hermes (tortoise), Artemis (stag), Athena (owl), Zeus (eagle) and Aphrodite (dove).

I don't why they choose Hera over Demeter in all honesty.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: Ares may not be a heroic guy for much longer.

From Wonder Woman issue 41

“AMAZONS ATTACKED” part one! The Gods separated Themyscira from the world for a good reason: it serves as the prison for the God of War, and the most powerful army ever created stands guard around him! So what happens when the greatest evil in the universe decides he wants that army for himself?

Also literally everything Ares can do Athena does better. That's what she does.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

I use Zeus's lighting as an example as that's the only thing she's shown to have gotten from him.

She'll develop more powers, she is still a young goddess, enough time to explore her versality.

Myth Zeus could shatter a universe with it, in all honesty that's the only weapon she needs, no swords needed, maybe the Aegis shield though. ;) But yes there's a hell of a lot with Zeus then just lighting.

Was never fun of Diana using weapons and shields, always preffered her using just her fists and nigh-unmatchable fighting skills (nigh because of the likes of Karate Kid), add to that lightning cloak and lightning enhanced strikes and you got a badass.

But if she is gonna get lightning powers, she must do more than just throw lightning around, you know call down lightnings, lightnings enhanced strikes, lightning aura and etc...one power but so much versality and possibilities.

She did get her powers from other gods now. Her post-crisis powers have returned in a way.

Good, very good.

If her clay origin is really gone then at least she still has her gifts from the gods back in issue 6. So, happy/not so happy medium I guess.

I guess they try to please both sides of fans (clay/child of god).

For those of you wondering... Hera (peacock), Apollo (mouse), Hermes (tortoise), Artemis (stag), Athena (owl), Zeus (eagle) and Aphrodite (dove).

I see.

The fastest of gods chose to shapeshift into a turtle? Lol, the irony. XD

I don't why they choose Hera over Demeter in all honesty.

Hera is still not fond of bastards of Zeus, that was always the case, whether it be Pre-Crisis (the current version of gods alongside Unbound Herc), Post-Crisis or New 52.

Honestly, they should have left the way it was, Demeter was fine.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By masterwitcher88

@saintwildcard: I'd argue she earns them through feats. You can't have a character that's "Stronger than Hercules, Swifter than Hermes, as wise as Athena, and as beautiful as Aphrodite" and not show her as such.

Her base Gifts/Powers are pretty laid out IMHO.

No Caption Provided

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

Ares may not be a heroic guy for much longer.

From Wonder Woman issue 41

“AMAZONS ATTACKED” part one! The Gods separated Themyscira from the world for a good reason: it serves as the prison for the God of War, and the most powerful army ever created stands guard around him! So what happens when the greatest evil in the universe decides he wants that army for himself?

Let's be real here, they are gonna explain all that by saying that madness once again took control of him, since chains created to control his madness are now gone. So it is basically what if Superman got mind controlled and started doing evil acts, pretty much same thing.

But the main point is Ares' nature as a person is not evil, he is a good guy, but because of his powers and nature as god of war he suffers from total madness, which he can't control.

In short it doesn't count as evil, just like Superman under mind control doing evil stuff doesn't count as such.

Also literally everything Ares can do Athena does better. That's what she does.

Not in DC's lore. In DC's lore Ares is pretty much only second to Zeus in power and somewhat below Hades/Poseidon.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By masterwitcher88

@lord_spectrum said:

@masterwitcher88:

She'll develop more powers, she is still a young goddess, enough time to explore her versality.

Was never fun of Diana using weapons and shields, always preffered her using just her fists and nigh-unmatchable fighting skills (nigh because of the likes of Karate Kid), add to that lightning cloak and lightning enhanced strikes and you got a badass.

But if she is gonna get lightning powers, she must do more than just throw lightning around, you know call down lightnings, lightnings enhanced strikes, lightning aura and etc...one power but so much versality and possibilities.

Completely agree with you here. Though if the swords and shield are done right I wouldn't mind.

Loading Video...

I guess they try to please both sides of fans (clay/child of god).

I see.

The fastest of gods chose to shapeshift into a turtle? Lol, the irony. XD

Yes, I personally am ok with it.

Well what are you going to do, that's his animal.

Hera is still not fond of bastards of Zeus, that was always the case, whether it be Pre-Crisis (the current version of gods alongside Unbound Herc), Post-Crisis or New 52.

Honestly, they should have left the way it was, Demeter was fine.

Agreed.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By masterwitcher88

@masterwitcher88:

Let's be real here, they are gonna explain all that by saying that madness once again took control of him, since chains created to control his madness are now gone. So it is basically what if Superman got mind controlled and started doing evil acts, pretty much same thing.

I wouldn't count on it. Robinson hasn't been following Rucka's ground work at all. Ignoring the fact that Jason was born during the age of the Roman Empire much like Diana, yet he got handed over to his surrogate father during the modern age for the same reason that Hera would be after him. So what happened between that time? how did he not age but Dina did? etc...

But the main point is Ares' nature as a person is not evil, he is a good guy, but because of his powers and nature as god of war he suffers from total madness, which he can't control.

An interesting concept, true. but not one that would stick around for long especially with this creative team.

Not in DC's lore. In DC's lore Ares is pretty much only second to Zeus in power and somewhat below Hades/Poseidon.

Yet Athena became the Lord of Olympus a skyfather, just as Ares became Lord of the Underworld. It was Athena that thought his power could rival Poseidon/Hades. She may not have the catalogue of feats that he does but even Ares knew of Athena's power, enough not to be foolish and attempt to challenge her like Poseidon and Hades. Not to mention the prize Athena offered him, ALL the Underworld.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@masterwitcher88:

Completely agree with you here. Though if the swords and shield are done right I wouldn't mind.

I still don't dig it, but glad that if it is done right you would be ok with it.

Yes, I personally am ok with it.

Well, more post-crisis stuff, i like that they brought some stuff back.

Well what are you going to do, that's his animal.

Oh the irony. Hermes is one hell of a trickster. XD

I wouldn't count on it. Robinson hasn't been following Rucka's ground work at all.

Maybe. But he has shown that he does pay some respect to characters of the past.

Ignoring the fact that Jason was born during the age of the Roman Empire much like Diana, yet he got handed over to his surrogate father during the modern age for the same reason that Hera would be after him.

Roman Empire? IIRC N52/Rebirth Wonder Woman is only 23/24, she was not born in that era.

So what happened between that time? how did he not age but Dina did? etc...

Or maybe they kept the concept from N52 that Diana is around 23/24 years old.

An interesting concept, true. but not one that would stick around for long especially with this creative team.

Who knows, they chose heroic version of Herc instead the villain, might happen the same with Ares.

Yet Athena became the Lord of Olympus a skyfather,

Only by status, but not by power. She didn't wield the Zeusforce/Power of Zeus to be a true skyfather.

just as Ares became Lord of the Underworld.

True, but unlike Athena, Ares gained the power of underworld/Hades. While Athena didn't get any powerboosts.

It was Athena that thought his power could rival Poseidon/Hades.

On top of that, Ares' status had changed from God of War to God of Conflict, be it personal, war, political or verbal and etc.... he was pretty much the most powerful among them and with power of underworld he was second only Zeus.

You know if we think about it flame wars of Comic Vine would also empower Ares, and given how powerful those flame wars are it might as well turn Ares into a multiversal threat. XD

She may not have the catalogue of feats that he does but even Ares knew of Athena's power, enough not to be foolish and attempt to challenge her like Poseidon and Hades.

Mr. Mxyzptlk somewhat fears and doesn't want to challenge Dr. Manhattan, but Mxy would stomp him into oblivion if they fought, similar thing with Ares and Athena, just because he doesn't challenge her doesn't mean he doesn't have power to annihilate her, and given his insane showcased capabilities it is well within his power to do so. It is more of a showcasing of respect, rather than showcasing the power of Athena, while it does showcase one power of Athena, her wisdom and intellect.

Not to mention the prize Athena offered him, ALL the Underworld.

It was a deal and a good one, but even without it Ares was the more powerful one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.