Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

The Brave and The Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman

• 57 results
    Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since the first issue is coming out in two weeks I figured this could be the main discussion thread for the story. You know cause it may only last 6 issues.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By masterwitcher88

I'm really excited for this, it feels like this is a right step for Wonder Woman story telling. Focus on mythology, Powerful Gods and Goddesses, Diana as a warrior-ambassador with a mission of peacekeeping. I feel even better after this piece in a recent interview.

Full interview here - http://www.tripwiremagazine.co.uk/headlines/exclusive-liam-sharp-talks-dcs-brave-bold/

Liam Sharp: "Tir Na Nóg, the faerie realm, home of the old gods – the Fomorians and Tuatha Dé Danann – has been forgotten by human kind, and the causeways have all closed to it. The result is it has become pretty much a prison to its inhabitants. They have spent centuries in that isolation, and it has led to tensions – an analog to prison riots in some ways. Diana, as a renowned peacemaker, is sought out by Cernunnos, the horned god and care-taker of that realm. He needs helps as it becomes increasingly hard to maintain the status quo. To make things worse, when she gets there she finds that an important King, one of the old Celtic gods, has been murdered, so she, in turn, recruits the best man she knows for the job to help her. What follows is an investigation, a tour of Tir Na Nóg, and a dramatic and epic climax…"

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The covers are quite stunning

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The covers are quite stunning

Sharp's artwork is defiantly in my top ten all time favorites. I really hope this brings good stuff to Diana. My main concern is Batman he is not a character that should be involved in the world of magic and gods.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: The thing about Liam Sharp is that he'll give himself a week to draw a jaw-dropping double-page spread, but then as he falls behind schedule his line-work gets sloppy

There's about a million other characters I'd rather see Wonder Woman team up with but Batman sells so they slap him on everything

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By masterwitcher88

@archizooom: True. I also feel his eagle symbol on her chest is too small for me, but thats a nitpick.

True again. I personally would love to see Zatanna or Fate over Batman.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: you've probably heard already but they're gonna break up the Justice League into 4 new teams at the end of Metal and Wonder Woman's comprises Dr.Fate AND Zatanna, as well as Raven and Etrigan, I'm actually kind of pumped about that, cautiously so of course

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: you've probably heard already but they're gonna break up the Justice League into 4 new teams at the end of Metal and Wonder Woman's comprises Dr.Fate AND Zatanna, as well as Raven and Etrigan, I'm actually kind of pumped about that, cautiously so of course

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I'm cautiously excited too now. Maybe Diana can show off her power more now that she's the muscle of the team (who am I kidding, they'll probably save that role for Etrigan).

I guessing its going to be its own book.

Now, if they went up against someone like Circe or the Queen of Fables (or hell bring back Kronus) we'd have a sweet D&D style story.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: On the contrary, I think removing her from the JL is a good decision for the time being. Being on a magical team with powerhouses like Dr.Fate could put her in some serious situations. Think about it the possibilities are near unlimited; they could travel between realms, different dimensions, fight powerful beings like the four horse men or reality warping witches like Queen of Fables etc...

Mine and Archizoom's fear is that this change wont effect the status quote, which is to say that Diana will still be a side character rather then a full member and she wont get to show off her goddess powers. This just a fear however, we don't know what will happen until some previews come out or there's an interview that mentions her role specifically.

Also keep in mind she's to appear in DAMAGE #3. In DAMAGE #2, Damage will be fighting the suicide squad a much more powerful version with better players, wreck them too I think. I'll bump the old thread and prepare a small respect thread on there so we can see were Damage stands before his fight with Wonder Woman in issue 3.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6264b2a061084
    deactivated-6264b2a061084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom said:

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I'm cautiously excited too now. Maybe Diana can show off her power more now that she's the muscle of the team (who am I kidding, they'll probably save that role for Etrigan).

Now, if they went up against someone like Circe or the Queen of Fables (or hell bring back Kronus) we'd have a sweet D&D style story.

They are not forming 4 teams forever. That is just one event. At the end of no justice new teams will be formed which are different from these teams and those teams haven't been revealed yet. We can hope that there will be a new book with Diana as the leader because then atleast there will be 2 bi weekly titles for her. But nothing is yet known as to what books are coming out after no justice at this point.

Even if there is a new team I don't think she'll be removed from the main justice league line up. That would be too controversial. Atleast I hope she is in the main team as well because Scott snyder is writing Justice league post no justice. So we can expect some pretty epic stories with Diana if she is part of the book.

Also I am genuinely excited for the brave and the bold. Liam sharp draws amazing Diana. Hope the story is good. Atleast one thing is sure though. This book is going be visually stunning.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:
    @archizooom said:

They are not forming 4 teams forever. That is just one event. At the end of no justice new teams will be formed which are different from these teams and those teams haven't been revealed yet. We can hope that there will be a new book with Diana as the leader because then atleast there will be 2 bi weekly titles for her. But nothing is yet known as to what books are coming out after no justice at this point.

Even if there is a new team I don't think she'll be removed from the main justice league line up. That would be too controversial. Atleast I hope she is in the main team as well because Scott snyder is writing Justice league post no justice. So we can expect some pretty epic stories with Diana if she is part of the book.

Also I am genuinely excited for the brave and the bold. Liam sharp draws amazing Diana. Hope the story is good. Atleast one thing is sure though. This book is going be visually stunning.

I wish it was the same team for Diana, I'd love a D&D style story. Dr. Fate/Great Old Wizard, Zatanna/Wizard's protégé, Diana/Warrior Goddess, Etrigan/Demon lord, and Raven/young new comer.

I didn't know Snyder would be on JL after no Justice. His favorite is clearly Batman but his second seems to be Diana, so she might actually have some more things to do.

The moment I see a preview article on BATB for the first issue I'll post it. It really feels like a right direction for her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan_60 said:
    @masterwitcher88 said:
    @archizooom said:

I wish it was the same team for Diana, I'd love a D&D style story. Dr. Fate/Great Old Wizard, Zatanna/Wizard's protégé, Diana/Warrior Goddess, Etrigan/Demon lord, and Raven/young new comer.

I didn't know Snyder would be on JL after no Justice. His favorite is clearly Batman but his second seems to be Diana, so she might actually have some more things to do.

The moment I see a preview article on BATB for the first issue I'll post it. It really feels like a right direction for her.

Ya. Dark fantasy really seems like a good setting for her. If done right it can be so much fun. Plus Dark Fantasy allows so much variety in storytelling

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was a damn fine start I'd have to say. It was a bit slow but I like this kind of world building and lore bits. Plus the art is unbelievably awesome. This looks like a start of an awesome saga.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

It's an interesting start, looks great.
    Standout moment however has to be Diana and Steve. Chief amongst which is Steve's hubris, then Mr. Goat almost expected to 'preside' over Diana and Steve... and then Steve missing out initially on why Diana wanted an hour to prepare.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By masterwitcher88

This was awesome. Great setup for a mythic story, art work 10/10. Honestly this is what I've been waiting for in a wonder woman story. This could be up there with Eyes of the Gorgon if it continues like this.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not reading the preview. Really excited for this though. Haven't been this excited for a Wonder Woman comic in sometime.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not reading the preview. Really excited for this though. Haven't been this excited for a Wonder Woman comic in sometime.

I know isn't it great!!!! wish I had this feeling when her main title comes out.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: not last issue as it was step up. But in the previews her lasso is stated that "No mortal nor god" can break it. Also it's just the second issue out of 6 in a team book with all "new" characters from Celtic Myth so. I expect something this issue.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: not last issue as it was step up. But in the previews her lasso is stated that "No mortal nor god" can break it. Also it's just the second issue out of 6 in a team book with all "new" characters from Celtic Myth so. I expect something this issue.

Not sure the Lasso is going to be it, the preview for this weeks issue has one spectator point out that the faerie land is drenched in glamours and deceit, so with the Lasso being away from home, it might not be as reliable.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:

Not sure the Lasso is going to be it, the preview for this weeks issue has one spectator point out that the faerie land is drenched in glamours and deceit, so with the Lasso being away from home, it might not be as reliable.

Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan_60 said:

I know isn't it great!!!! wish I had this feeling when her main title comes out.

Maybe when the creative team changes. We'll have to wait till july to see. As I posted in rebirth thread, issue 48 and 49 (Dark Gods part 3 and 4) in june are still Robinson. But issue 50 does seem like a good place to start for a new team or 51 maybe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another strong entry in the series I would say. The art just keeps getting better like that's even possible. The story is also shaping up nicely. I like how much detailed this book is both in terms of story and art. The discussion about the magic, the mysterious stranger talking to Diana, the lore is all so well done. I also like Liam Sharp's Characterization of Diana. This is the Diana we should have in the main title.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10. This is the story we've been waiting for. GOD I WISH THIS WAS THE MAIN TITLE.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

issue 3 *Preview*

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: This art is the most beautiful art I have seen in recent times for a comic. Diana in that green dress looked out of time, and Bruce and Diana on the horses with that background was breathtaking.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus: Yes it is. Liam Sharp's style is perfect for diana in a way I haven't seen since Perez.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read the preview, but very excited for this issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Goodness. That was just brilliant. The art...I am at a loss for words. This probably might be in my top 5 best looking comic books of all time. The story also flows so smoothly. I just didn't want it to end. The only sad part about this is that its only a 6 issue miniseries and we are already half way there. I wish it was a longer story. I now want Liam Sharp to both write and draw Wonder Woman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It continues to look great, and for that alone the price is worth it. But story wise... well I have to say the trail seems to be a bit predictable now. I am not sure it will end where I think it does, but lets just say I think I know who the real villain is, and his motivation will be either to simply stave off boredom or to keep everyone inside the Kingdom of Knick-Knack-Nooky-No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It continues to look great, and for that alone the price is worth it. But story wise... well I have to say the trail seems to be a bit predictable now. I am not sure it will end where I think it does, but lets just say I think I know who the real villain is, and his motivation will be either to simply stave off boredom or to keep everyone inside the Kingdom of Knick-Knack-Nooky-No.

Are you saying this based on some knowledge of Celtic myth or just the story so far? I don't know anything about Celtic myth btw

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

Are you saying this based on some knowledge of Celtic myth or just the story so far? I don't know anything about Celtic myth btw

Just the story so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's issue was decent as well. The art as usual is amazing. One thing I have been loving about this series is the amount of content per issue. Its packed.

One problem I have with today's issue: Who thought it would be a good idea to send Breas to Balor? It didn't make sense.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are in for a war next issue and based on the cover it looks like we'll get Diana fighting Balor.

The magic of this book is starting to rub off, TBH I was promised a team book with Diana actually doing stuff. I get Bruce doing all the detective stuff, honestly Diana posses wisdom equal to Athena its not like she can't do this on her own, but then what would be the point of Batman in this story. But Bruce using magic spells? Informing Diana (of all characters) about mythology?

These next two issues should be Diana's bread and butter, stopping a war and fighting a great evil king/warrior. If she isn't put "in charge" these issues, the same way Bruce was the last two, I don't know what to think.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Diana posses wisdom equal to Athena its not like she can't do this on her own, but then what would be the point of Batman in this story. But Bruce using magic spells? Informing Diana (of all characters) about mythology?

That is what I asked when this team up was announced . What is the point of Batman in mythology and Magic ? Wonder Woman once again is a secondary character when she is with either Batman or Superman .

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not making Diana look bad per say. I just find it odd usually I read stories involving magic, Batman either doesn't like it or doesn't use it. I understand at that particular instance Bruce discovered it using his detective skills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are in for a war next issue and based on the cover it looks like we'll get Diana fighting Balor.

The magic of this book is starting to rub off, TBH I was promised a team book with Diana actually doing stuff. I get Bruce doing all the detective stuff, honestly Diana posses wisdom equal to Athena its not like she can't do this on her own, but then what would be the point of Batman in this story. But Bruce using magic spells? Informing Diana (of all characters) about mythology?

These next two issues should be Diana's bread and butter, stopping a war and fighting a great evil king/warrior. If she isn't put "in charge" these issues, the same way Bruce was the last two, I don't know what to think.

True. So far she just has been tagging along. But I'm guessing she'll have more of a role in the last two issues considering its stopping the war and all. Or atleast she should. I don't want this to end like WW/conan as well. That was also mostly a conan book marketed as team book.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88 said:

True. So far she just has been tagging along. But I'm guessing she'll have more of a role in the last two issues considering its stopping the war and all. Or atleast she should. I don't want this to end like WW/conan as well. That was also mostly a conan book marketed as team book.

This is the cover for issue 5

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see if this thing picks up this month and gives us an awesome Diana.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the twist was a surprise and A battle was set up, but that's about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.