Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Serious question about Lady Wonder Woman 2017 movie

• 56 results
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85:

1) Before: Superman was shot by two kryptonite grenades and had raw kryptonite in his face.

And still managed to stalemate DD.

After: Superman that was exposed and healed by unfiltered solar radiation.

2) But g'head and keep living in your personal make believe land where WW has the same physicals as Supes.

3) And to set the record straight I'm not knocking her. Her physicals are extremely impressive. But it's the combo of skill/strength/magic weaponry that makes her deadly.

4) Wanting her to be the super special snowflake of superpowers in the DCEU doesn't translate to fact.

1) Which means what exactly? That you believe that the effects of the Kryptonite powder actually stayed with him? Look, the powder wasn't very effective, it took away Superman's powers for like 2 minutes tops, then he got it back and Batman smashed his armored glove on his cheek. Now a lot more time passed between the last dose and the spear before Superman came back... and on top of that there was 1 nuke, and he even got a sun-bath. Point is that by the time he got back, the Kryptonite effects were long gone. And they were gone by the time Doomsday threw the first punch (otherwise Superman wouldn't have been able to stop it). Also, remember that even if Doomsday had just gotten a grenade full of K-powder in his face, his powers reignited into full force immediately when Superman rammed the spear into him.

2) And keep lowballing her, the only one here who believes that cack is you. Diana matched Superman is terms of strength by also being able to block Doomsday's punches, she demonstrated the same amount of durability when she took a heatvision blast to the face and didn't even singe.

3) Yes you are knocking her because you come up with these unfounded when not completely wrong theories in order to keep her beneath him.

4) Neither does being willfully ignorant of whats actually depicted on the screen.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By alsummers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@enzo991: It's seldom used because it's boring when compared to World War II. Nazis are used a lot because they're unabashedly evil and have cool costumes. We're not getting any of that in this movie, and for what?

The only people who I've ever heard WWI was more boring than WWII are people who know jack squat about either conflict. WWI deals with shades of grey, whereas WWII has been used to death even in motifs that aren't WWII specific (read Star Wars). How is the over used motif of good vs. evil any more exciting than one that explores shades of grey? I know you don't like any of it, but don't make crap up just to suit your narrative (in reference to your "disdain" and doomsday comment as well). If you don't like it you don't like it. We get it. You don't have to comment on every thread about the movie version about how much you hate it or try to dig for invisible evidence on how it's all "wrong". Just don't like it. Spreading falsities is not helping you or anyone else. People just want to discuss things and you repeating for the 1000000000X time how "every thing's wrong" hinders all meaningful discussion.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: No not really. Batman was almost killed by Batman & Robin, and had Nolan not approached DC to make a new Batman movie (with Begins proving to be successful enough to greenlight a sequel), we would've gotten that Justice League movie that George Miller wanted to make. Batman didn't become a household name until The Dark Knight, which was in 2008. A Wonder Woman movie was inevitable, and if the movie succeed you can be sure it will pave the way for more movies to come.

I asked myself that question, and concluded that Wonder Woman isn't flying to allow for her to focus on Ground combat, instead of being just another flying brick house punching people around. This is not some grand conspiracy against Wonder Woman, they're just trying to make sure the character is adapting to the times. Similar to Superman, just because you say a character is inspirational, it doesn't mean people will see it that way, and Superman is a prime example of that.

People loved WW in BvS, and she didn't need to fly or get into a dick measuring contest with Superman to win the love of the audience, which should tell you that the majority of the people could care less whether WW could fly or punch people into space. If that was the case, the Superman would've been the most popular comic book character by now with tons of movies, and characters like Batman would've been lost to obscurity.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsummers said:
    @scorpio_cassadine said:

@enzo991: It's seldom used because it's boring when compared to World War II. Nazis are used a lot because they're unabashedly evil and have cool costumes. We're not getting any of that in this movie, and for what?

The only people who I've ever heard WWI was more boring than WWII are people who know jack squat about either conflict. WWI deals with shades of grey, whereas WWII has been used to death even in motifs that aren't WWII specific (read Star Wars). How is the over used motif of good vs. evil any more exciting than one that explores shades of grey? I know you don't like any of it, but don't make crap up just to suit your narrative (in reference to your "disdain" and doomsday comment as well). If you don't like it you don't like it. We get it. You don't have to comment on every thread about the movie version about how much you hate it or try to dig for invisible evidence on how it's all "wrong". Just don't like it. Spreading falsities is not helping you or anyone else. People just want to discuss things and you repeating for the 1000000000X time how "every thing's wrong" hinders all meaningful discussion.

You don't have to give me a history lesson on either war. World War II is preferable because it's her actual origin, not made up, tacked on, Hollywood b.s. invented because the producers lack faith in the source material. It's also better because it dovetails so beautifully with Wonder Woman's message of female empowerment. World War II was the first time in history women left the home and joined the workforce in large numbers.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In superhero movies shades of gray lead to murkiness. That's great for a thriller, but not for films where the antagonist and protagonists are so clearly defined. This isn't Civil War, this should be a bombastic four color celebration of a woman changing the world with love. No murkiness is needed.

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine:

I think I understand where you're getting at. It's ok. Just think positive. I got a gut feeling WW will be a blockbuster even though it can't satisfy all of us WW fans.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You know, if her whole DCEU role is a success I just hope that DCEU Wonder Woman doesn't start creeping too much into the comics WW.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.