Rebirth Wonder Woman Respect Thread.

#201 Posted by Yarva (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

She has done extremely well against amped versions of Superman 3 times now. One against Super Doom in which her lasso, reaction speed and strength were able to BFR him into returning back to Superman, Once against The God of Strength Superman in which she took his punches, was able to dodge him repeatedly and then trap him in her lasso, and now here where she took a couple of punches and knocked him down for a few seconds. Each time she didn't want to go all out and each time Superman was amped.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#202 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@yarva said:

She has done extremely well against amped versions of Superman 3 times now. One against Super Doom in which her lasso, reaction speed and strength were able to BFR him into returning back to Superman, Once against The God of Strength Superman in which she took his punches, was able to dodge him repeatedly and then trap him in her lasso, and now here where she took a couple of punches and knocked him down for a few seconds. Each time she didn't want to go all out and each time Superman was amped.

Its important to remember she was in Divine Rage at the time with SuperDoom, but yes she did.

#203 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

Diana vs possessed Superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I swear its exactly like leaving a loaded gun untouched in a movie, what is the point of Diana using a sword and shield if she isn't going to kill something with it.

I guess she has them just in case. When she is in a truly kill no other choice situation.

#204 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

I swear its exactly like leaving a loaded gun untouched in a movie, what is the point of Diana using a sword and shield if she isn't going to kill something with it.

I guess she has them just in case. When she is in a truly kill no other choice situation.

That's what I'm trying to say. Don't draw WW with weaponry designed to kill if she isn't going to; like when she's fighting teammates or villains she's trying to subdue.

#205 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

That's what I'm trying to say. Don't draw WW with weaponry designed to kill if she isn't going to; like when she's fighting teammates or villains she's trying to subdue.

Good point.

#206 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: yeah it does look ridiculous, this stupid sword & shield annoy me to no end

#207 Posted by Tedirey (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. This reminds me of the 90s X-Men cartoons. Every time Wolverine shows his claws, he gets punked.

It's automatic I swear. Battle ensues, Logan arrives, unsheathes his claws, says a corny tough guy one-liner, gets wrecked.

#208 Posted by TrueThemyscira (105 posts) - - Show Bio

The sword and shield is only good when Diana uses it once in a while but she has it with her all the time now. It's annoying and it gets in the way. When are we going to get bracelets, lasso, and tiara WW again? -.-

They didn't even draw her lasso with her either...smh.

#209 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Diana recently fought The Merciless on her own. I don't have scans.

The Merciless wears the Helmet of War, grants Godlike power then multiples it by 10. Powerwise The Merciless can fight even kill other gods, absorb a bomb capable of killing everything(superman included), and conquered his earth.

#210 Edited by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

The Merciless Power.

The Merciless wears the Helmet of War, grants Godlike power then multiples it by 100.

No Caption Provided

Powerwise The Merciless can fight even kill other gods, absorb a bomb capable of killing everything(superman included), and conquered his earth. Also much like Ares war feeds him, makes him stronger.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#211 Edited by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

The Merciless vs. Diana

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

#212 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Edited by Yarva (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg, who is connected to every computer in the planet regards Wonder Woman as the best combatant.

#214 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#215 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive Reflexes and Strength (doges omega beams and tags Grail then destroys a Cliffside with one strike)

No Caption Provided

Strength and Reflexes again (catches a punch from Jason then tosses him across the ocean)

No Caption Provided

#216 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Her reflexes, both in flight and combat, are clearly light speed if not faster (Unless some one wants to lowball Omega beams). Her striking power got a nice showing but KOing shaggy man in two strikes is a bit better IMO.

#217 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Her reflexes, both in flight and combat, are clearly light speed if not faster (Unless some one wants to lowball Omega beams). Her striking power got a nice showing but KOing shaggy man in two strikes is a bit better IMO.

When she hit Grail, she easily destroyed a pretty big part of that island?. I don't know how to call it.

#218 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: She did pretty well, her fighting skills were on display but I think she went down a little easy, even Grail and Jason remarked on it

#219 Edited by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizooom said:

@agent41: She did pretty well, her fighting skills were on display but I think she went down a little easy, even Grail and Jason remarked on it

The results look like typical first encounter of hero vs 2 main villains.

#220 Edited by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio
#221 Posted by Tedirey (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

She did great especially against the League Buster Grail. She went down against Jason because she didn't expect he has the other divine abilities of Zeus which is OK if you asked me.

#222 Posted by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

@agent41:

She did great especially against the League Buster Grail. She went down against Jason because she didn't expect he has the other divine abilities of Zeus which is OK if you asked me.

Not only that, but if you think about it, neither Grail nor Jason are wearing any suppressors. Diana isn't fighting at full power.

#223 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:
@tedirey said:

@agent41:

Not only that, but if you think about it, neither Grail nor Jason are wearing any suppressors. Diana isn't fighting at full power.

God Mode was revealed to be a lie by Circe, or so I've heard, I don't know where it was stated though.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#224 Edited by phoenixdiamond616 (782 posts) - - Show Bio
@masterwitcher88 said:

The Merciless vs. Diana

Damn, Diana taking care of herself against someone who has some of her H2H combat skills (which must be better than Batman's in Rebirth, which says a lot) + armed combat skills + Batman's combat skills, intelligence and tacticals + Ares power... that's what I call BADASS writing.

#225 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88 said:

The Merciless vs. Diana

Damn, Diana taking care of herself against someone who has some of her H2H combat skills (which must be better than Batman's in Rebirth, which says a lot) + armed combat skills + Batman's combat skills, intelligence and tacticals + Ares power... that's what I call BADASS writing.

Yea it was pretty cool, hope they get a rematch and Diana wins or maybe she gets to fight Devastator that be awesome. Also Snyder didn't write this it was Robert Venditti. Snyder may have given him a templet to follow though.

I'm fine with Snyder writing if that's what your implying, although he can get a bit to big for his britches at times.

#226 Posted by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:
@tedirey said:

@agent41:

God Mode was revealed to be a lie by Circe, or so I've heard, I don't know where it was stated though.

I've not seen anything which showed this to be true. We know now that she really is the daughter of Zeus, and that everything said by Myrina was true. And in Darkseid War, Myrina told Grail that Diana is stronger without her bracelets. The lie was her being the god of war as she never killed the real Ares, and she had never been back to the real Themyscira.

#227 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't see anyone post this so.

Striking Power: kicks Mongul into the ground (The Trinity was in the realm of the Black Mercy, which Mongul had gained influence/control over)

No Caption Provided

#228 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

@masterwitcher88: I hope we get more feats tomorrow.

Same. We got her in Trinity and JL something better come out of it.

#230 Edited by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Skill and Durability(cutting): Battles the hunters of Urzkartaga and Takes 3 or 4 Blitzes from a bloodthirsty cheetah, looks like her more severe wounds kind of healed after she caught cheetah too.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Speed: Keeps up with cheetah (they stop cause Diana asks a question)

No Caption Provided

Skill: Battles the hunters of Urzkartaga again (they're not entirely feat-less either, example: they just tagged cheetah with a spear)

#231 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: I would love to post the scans of her fighting that evil batman/Flash hybrid in JL 33, but i will be using a tablet until my computer is fixed. And i don't know how to post scans in a tablet, or if it is actually possible. If you can, please ask other fans if they have the scans to post them in here.

#232 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: did you try requesting the desktop version of the website on your tablet?

#234 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#235 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: depends on which OS you're using, just google it

#236 Posted by lowlaville (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Appalled by the fact that some people still think Superman can one-shot Wonder Woman. I proved wrong the last guy who said this to me... come at me, bro. :b

#237 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@lowlaville: Hi, glad to see you around here again. As you can see, ww lowbaling happens even in her own forum.

#238 Edited by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Combat Speed: with one hand blocks several punches from RedDeath (batman-flash hybrid).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#239 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: Thank you very much. I did not see that feat. And it is a very good one actually.

#240 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: yea, finally figured out how to post scans so you'll see me posting feats way more.

#241 Posted by lowlaville (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I’m around just tag me. :P or not tag since I disabled notification a pm can work.

#242 Posted by Tedirey (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88:

Nice speed feat. A Batman with the speed force can't go through her one-hand defenses. People will lowball that Hulk and Thor can tag her.

#243 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

@masterwitcher88:

Nice speed feat. A Batman with the speed force can't go through her one-hand defenses. People will lowball that Hulk and Thor can tag her.

I've no doubt about that, some lowball her omega beams feat.

I really hope on Wednesday we see her Amazon Training on the island since we're going back in time for Jason's origin(hope she's actually in her own book this time).

#244 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#245 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#246 Edited by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

Bump.

Is there any new feat to add?.

Nothing this week unfortunately. What she did in JL is what we got, we did get a story about Diana in DC's talent showcase by Scott Snyder. He pretty much confirmed our thoughts on his take on Diana and how it would play out if he wrote her.

No Caption Provided

#247 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

Bump.

Is there any new feat to add?.

Nothing this week unfortunately. What she did in JL is what we got, we did get a story about Diana in DC's talent showcase by Scott Snyder. He pretty much confirmed our thoughts on his take on Diana and how it would play out if he wrote her.

No Caption Provided

Basically warrior woman, it's not about her super powers and brain, for snyder it's about weapons and angry faces.

#248 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength and Speed: Breaks New Genesis/New God metal, then kicks Jason before he or Grail could react (they were right in front of her and she was too fast for them).

No Caption Provided

#249 Posted by lvenger (33527 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman #36

Strength/Skill/Durability: Breaks free of metal restraints possibly made by the Old or New Gods. Throws Grail into Jason behind her without looking. Deflects Grail's axe which can cut through Green Lantern constructs. Tanks a younger and less powerful Darkseid's Omega Beams and Thanos style pimp hand.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

#250 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Wonder Woman #36

Strength/Skill/Durability: Breaks free of metal restraints possibly made by the Old or New Gods. Throws Grail into Jason behind her without looking. Deflects Grail's axe which can cut through Green Lantern constructs. Tanks a younger and less powerful Darkseid's Omega Beams and Thanos style pimp hand.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

It was New Genesis metal. Also omega beams are omega beams I don't think it matters how old he was.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.