Rebirth Wonder Woman Respect Thread.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#551 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

In the latest issue, she was referred to as immortal and “invulnerable” by one of the mythical creatures. Now they need to show us she is.

well, that's some of the things with Wonder Woman which I consider a problem... some writers state something and others just forget about it and never explain later on, being the perfect example as well how they say she is the most skilled and formidable unarmed and armed combatant even without powers when time by time she seems more like a brawler (kinda Sups style) with an accessory called sword (even other forums say she doesn't need her sword or combat skills when she is already powerful... dumbest shit I've ever read), tho this only happens with bad writers and artists, and closed-mind readers...

Yep. DC being neglectful towards Diana and her universe, what else is new.

#552 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

In the latest issue, she was referred to as immortal and “invulnerable” by one of the mythical creatures. Now they need to show us she is.

well, that's some of the things with Wonder Woman which I consider a problem... some writers state something and others just forget about it and never explain later on, being the perfect example as well how they say she is the most skilled and formidable unarmed and armed combatant even without powers when time by time she seems more like a brawler (kinda Sups style) with an accessory called sword (even other forums say she doesn't need her sword or combat skills when she is already powerful... dumbest shit I've ever read), tho this only happens with bad writers and artists, and closed-mind readers...

She was more skilled and powerful before having a sword. So far that sword hasn't done anything for her.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#553 Posted by phoenixdiamond616 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: yeah... yet many writers and artists use her as a Sups style brawler

#554 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: yeah... yet many writers and artists use her as a Sups style brawler

Another contradiction of the n52 and onwards. Before n52. It was more common to see her fighting like an skilled fighter. And like i said before, she had more and better power feats. So they should do something about all this. Lip service is not enough. They need to show her skills and power in the current verse.

#555 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Skill(H2H): Diana makes quick work of Lashina and Mad Harriet. Notice her backflip double take down in scans 2-3. Also the Furies apparently wouldn't last a minute on Themyscira.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

#556 Edited by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88 said:

Skill(H2H): Diana makes quick work of Lashina and Mad Harriet. Notice her backflip double take down in scans 2-3. Also the Furies apparently wouldn't last a minute on Themyscira.

That was one of the good moments of that run as far as action goes. Sadly the majority of the run lacked great feats of skill and power, on top of lacking a good balance in Diana's voice as a character, and too much focused on jason.

#557 Posted by Tedirey (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazons are the premier warriors in the DCU at least according to James Robison. Darkseid wants them as part of his army to conquer the universe.

After reading some of the Golden Age Amazons during my spare time, I miss how every Amazon is like the Legion's Karate Kid. Able to fight Kryptonian-level beings just on skill alone and Olympic-level stats.

#558 Posted by TheHercules (963 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The sword and shield are very nice, but as I said before!

Normally, she should be like that, and if is suppose to use the Sword and Shield, put on the back and use it when it's really necessary.

Let's suppose she is Fighting Thor, and he is 10 feets away from her and decides to throw mjolnir, so she quickly grabs and use to defend herself.

She is fighting a Guy with a strong body/armor, and decides to use the sword going all out to defeat him or to cut and stab him, so do this.

I think she should never use both of them at the same time or at least long enough to make a disadvantage or make the lasso, bracelets and strength seems useless (which can not happen because this is who she is and make her unique) , if she gonna do this, do that for a battle tatic and etc.

#559 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman vs Nemesis (Goddess of Retribution)

• The same Nemesis from Post-Crisis canon (visually and she says it in the book)
  • She fought Diana before in another life (Post-Crisis)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#560 Posted by Tedirey (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman vs Demon's Three

No Caption Provided

Zatanna is confident Wonder Woman can hold off the Demon's Three, elder demons that even Neron respects, long enough for her to finish her spell.

#561 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: I think this is a feat as well. The crater is too hot for humans to survive without protection. But Diana can get it without the need of any protection.

No Caption Provided

#562 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Today Diana showed her awesome willpower by overcoming Nemesis's poison and not giving into hate.

#563 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Striking Power: Hits Nemesis to the Ground

No Caption Provided

Will Power: Diana in mere seconds breaks Nemesis's power over her

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Striking Power: Flies through a ton of rocks from the inside of a cave, casually

No Caption Provided

#564 Edited by Tedirey (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic manipulation / Inteliigence / Wisdom: She can do magic spells after being taught by Zatanna. Most young wizards takes time to learn spells and she said it's easy. Genius-level intellect on par with Batman.

#565 Posted by Klaus (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

Magic manipulation / Inteliigence / Wisdom: She can do magic spells after being taught by Zatanna. Most young wizards takes time to learn spells and she said it's easy. Genius-level intellect on par with Batman.

Thats pretty awesome. Opens up so many possibilities for her powers. I hope they continue exploring this and its not just a one off.

#566 Posted by Tedirey (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:
@tedirey said:

Thats pretty awesome. Opens up so many possibilities for her powers. I hope they continue exploring this and its not just a one off.

What made this more awesome is that Diana's not Homo-Magi. Only Batman has achieved a similar feat.

#567 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Durability: Diana takes a full swing from a Giant

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strength and Durability: Holds up a Giant as it walks over her (protecting those close to her)

No Caption Provided

#568 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

Durability: Diana takes a full swing from Titan

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strength and Durability: Holds up a Titan as it walks over her (protecting those close to her)

No Caption Provided

Thank you for posting the feats.

#569 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed: dodges punches from a Giant while saving someone

Speed and Striking Power and Durability: hits a Giant really hard, takes a hit back

No Caption Provided

Strength: rips apart a Giant with the Lasso

No Caption Provided

#570 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Also these are not Titans...

No Caption Provided

#571 Posted by Archizooom (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: That's pretty cool, #67 was surprisingly good, the best one so far imo

#572 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: That's pretty cool, #67 was surprisingly good, the best one so far imo

It felt like an improvement fromprevious issues. But i still don't trust this run overall.

#573 Posted by Archizooom (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Yeah I'm keeping an open mind for now

#574 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio
#575 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel Speed: flies off pretty fast

No Caption Provided

Raw Strength: lifts a rock giant in the air before the lasso rips it apart

No Caption Provided

Striking Power: Diana, after getting some speed, blitzes like a dozen rock giants. These giants are 3x as big as Giganta who is already skyscraper level.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

#576 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel Speed: flies off pretty fast

No Caption Provided

Raw Strength: lifts a rock giant in the air before the lasso rips it apart

No Caption Provided

Striking Power: Diana, after getting some speed, blitzes like a dozen rock giants. These giants are 3x as big as Giganta who is already skyscraper level.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Thank you for the scans.

#577 Posted by Klaus (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterwitcher88: What I really liked about this latest issue is that we get a confirmation that Diana holds back considerably against sentient beings. Like not even a small amount. The difference in power between how she fought that first rock giant and how she fought these dozen was massively different. And the comments made by Giganta about her holding back were pretty good.

#578 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

@masterwitcher88: What I really liked about this latest issue is that we get a confirmation that Diana holds back considerably against sentient beings. Like not even a small amount. The difference in power between how she fought that first rock giant and how she fought these dozen was massively different. And the comments made by Giganta about her holding back were pretty good.

Agreed, all the nonsense about Diana not holding back that much against opponents is dead now. Difference is uncanny.

#579 Posted by agent41 (15892 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

Agreed, all the nonsense about Diana not holding back that much against opponents is dead now. Difference is uncanny.

True. We can now put to rest the theory "Diana doesn't hold back that much" Her character is closer to her classic self in this. She is not thirsty for blood. She cares about not hurting others if she can avoid it.

#580 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Striking Power: Diana brings down a Colossus with a single blitz

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#581 Edited by Kevinffinity (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Mehn...I really really hope they make that Witch mode permanent cause Diana desperately needs a power boost. They could make adjustments to the design so that it doesn't look too much like binary though.

Hal got massively powered up post rebirth while Supes didn't change that much. Diana has gotten progressively weaker.

Avatar image for johnthemarvel12
#582 Posted by Johnthemarvel12 (258 posts) - - Show Bio
#583 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity: Hal got a boost?what boost?

In terms of power, feats and portrayal, basically the opposite of what happened to Diana excluding some amped versions.

#584 Edited by daydreams (3 posts) - - Show Bio

while some of these combat feats are a serve, i wish she would have more concrete feats...like throw an aircraft carrier into orbit, punch someone to the moon, actually destroy mountains with the bolt of zeus (speaking of which, where is that thing?), etc.

Avatar image for johnthemarvel12
#585 Posted by Johnthemarvel12 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@daydreams: You can comment on Twitter posts of comic writers by tagging(@) them,so that they can find out what do fans want.

#587 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Can some one call a mod on the guy who just posted a crap ton of links to basically nothing.

#588 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

Equipment (Lasso): cuts through fish monsters like butter

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.