Rebirth Wonder Woman Respect Thread.

#1 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is the thread to post Rebirth Wonder Woman feats.

#2 Edited by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Pokeysteve (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

Appreciate it. Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#4 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you for creating this. You have my gratitude.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
#5 Posted by deactivated-599b4bc7465db (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

#6 Posted by CSG_CL (3192 posts) - - Show Bio

cool thanks

#7 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

How does it feels to have Greg Rucka replace Meredith Finch?

#9 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

How does it feels to have Greg Rucka replace Meredith Finch?

Feels great.

#10 Posted by vinomonster (5533 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#11 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6518 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Rebirth Diana, Her Pre-Flashpoint (Post-Crisis) and New52 self? Would those Era feats be valid?

#13 Posted by vinomonster (5533 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Rebirth Diana, Her Pre-Flashpoint (Post-Crisis) and New52 self? Would those Era feats be valid?

All characters but Superman are their DCnU versions.

#15 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace said:

All characters but Superman are their DCnU versions.

Are you sure?. Because for what i heard, many things from new 52 are changing with Rebirth.

#16 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6518 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad: It hasn't been made official or confirmed yet but I'm expecting all characters but Superman to be a composite of their Post-Crisis and New52 self. That's why in the Rebirth issue of Wonder Woman she was having an Identity Crisis, not sure if she was made from Clay or if she was a Demi-God.

#17 Posted by lvenger (33527 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the Bolt of Zeus doesn't mess around, Wonder Woman can clean house with that weapon on the field. Wrecking an army is a nice showing albeit slightly run of the mill based on how often powerhouses have beaten the military before. Looks cool though.

#18 Edited by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Wow the Bolt of Zeus doesn't mess around, Wonder Woman can clean house with that weapon on the field. Wrecking an army is a nice showing albeit slightly run of the mill based on how often powerhouses have beaten the military before. Looks cool though.

Yeah it looks awesome. In Justice League Rebirth, Diana said that her bolt of Zeus can shatter mountains. Not sure if it will ever be shown, but she does stand for truth, so I don't think she was boasting.

#20 Edited by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the next Action Comics, Wonder Woman will face Doomsday in a fight. When Pre-52 Wonder Woman fought Doomsday, he defeated her, how do you guys think this Diana will fare against Doomsday? Either way, it should give her some good feats hopefully.

#21 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

So in the next Action Comics, Wonder Woman will face Doomsday in a fight. When Pre-52 Wonder Woman fought Doomsday, he defeated her, how do you guys think this Diana will fare against Doomsday? Either way, it should give her some good feats hopefully.

Not well because in the subsequent issue Doomsday's still up and going strong, and Wonder Woman's not mentioned in the solicitation

#22 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio
@klaus said:
@lvenger said:

Yeah it looks awesome. In Justice League Rebirth, Diana said that her bolt of Zeus can shatter mountains. Not sure if it will ever be shown, but she does stand for truth, so I don't think she was boasting.

That was a backhanded compliment Klaus

#23 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

Not well because in the subsequent issue Doomsday's still up and going strong, and Wonder Woman's not mentioned in the solicitation

We should wait and see. She could still get good feats.

#24 Edited by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

Today Wonder Woman slammed Doomsday against a UPS truck

No Caption Provided

And was able to keep up with Superman flying as fast as he could to reach his family

No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizooom: I like how she threw him so effortlessly. And keeping up in travel speed with Pre-52 Superman is a nice feat, considering Pre-52 Diana was slower in travel speed than Supes. I'm also glad to see some artists keeping the red star on her tiara. To me its one of her more iconic symbols.

#26 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus: Off the top of my head Sharp is the only one who nixed it and I'm surprised Rucka let him. What I don't like is the diamond-shaped tiara they're doing now but oh well

#27 Posted by lvenger (33527 posts) - - Show Bio

Some misc showings of Wonder Woman's performance against Doomsday. Granted she does get thrown about like a ragdoll but she tanks a lot of hits from a much stronger Doomsday than the one she previously fought.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#28 Edited by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

In the latest Justice League issue, Arthur and Diana pulled a US warship from the ocean out onto land. Wonder Woman looked fairly relaxed and seemingly did it with ease, Arthur did look to be somewhat straining, based on facial expressions. Later on the two of them (granted it was off panel, but we see the result) placed several submarines in a US base, and when the soldiers pointed guns at Diana she remarked "Bullets? Seriously?". I like seeing Arthur and Diana work together, granted their conversation was due to their inner feelings being brought out by fear.

#29 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

In the latest Justice League issue, Arthur and Diana pulled a US warship from the ocean out onto land. Wonder Woman looked fairly relaxed and seemingly did it with ease, Arthur did look to be somewhat straining, based on facial expressions. Later on the two of them (granted it was off panel, but we see the result) placed several submarines in a US base, and when the soldiers pointed guns at Diana she remarked "Bullets? Seriously?". I like seeing Arthur and Diana work together, granted their conversation was due to their inner feelings being brought out by fear.

Thank you for the info.

#30 Posted by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: No worries. I also think you would find Wonder Woman annual interesting. While most of the stories are from other writers and times, Greg Rucka does two Rebirth stories during the middle of the comic. The first one is Lois Lane interviewing Wonder Woman about why she can't find her way home and what she feels, and it briefly mentions Cheetah. The interview lasts three pages. Then the next one is her past on Paradise Island illustrated beautifully by Nicola Scott.

#31 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus said:

@agent41: No worries. I also think you would find Wonder Woman annual interesting. While most of the stories are from other writers and times, Greg Rucka does two Rebirth stories during the middle of the comic. The first one is Lois Lane interviewing Wonder Woman about why she can't find her way home and what she feels, and it briefly mentions Cheetah. The interview lasts three pages. Then the next one is her past on Paradise Island illustrated beautifully by Nicola Scott.

Thank you, i will try to check it out.

#32 Edited by GrandWonder (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

From Wonder Woman 10.

Super-speed and skill: outran bullets and bullets deflection

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Durability and agility: acrobatics and contained the explosion of a hand grenade with her bare hands unscathed

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#33 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandwonder: Thank you for posting. I forgot to thank you when you first posted the scans.

#34 Posted by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wanted to bump this to the top so people remember it's here along with the other two respect threads.

#35 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus: Are there any new feats worth posting for Rebirth?.

#36 Posted by Bezza1969 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

Very nice feat. Thank you for posting it.

Guys, sorry for going back to this one, but I missed a lot of the early rebirth issues as I was working away from home. What comic does it come from? I'm a bit out of touch with some of Diana's powers, but "bolt of zeus?" It sure is amazing and pleased that DC appreciate the true power of the greek god Zeus. Certainly more than Marvel do! In the greek legends, Zeus could hurl mountains with his thunderbolts...

#37 Edited by Klaus (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I haven't had the chance to collect my pull list for this month yet, but as soon as I collect it this Monday I will update this thread with any new feats. We should get something considering Diana will have appearances in Trinity, Wonder Woman, Justice League and JL vs SS.

@bezza1969:It is from Justice League #1 in Brian Hitches rebirth series. Diana has stated that her bolt of Zeus can shatter mountains, and she has taken down dozens of near fully powered Kryptonians with it. She even took down a couple after Hal Jordan stated they had grown as powerful as Superman (though I think they were more near full power, not exactly as strong as Superman or Supergirl, which is still impressive).

#38 Posted by Bezza1969 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus:

Thanks, its interesting how different rebirth JL WW is from the one in her own comic!

#39 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@klaus: I see, thank you in advance.

#40 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana travels around the world.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#41 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her attire. It has a Golden Age vibe to it.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#42 Posted by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

on a side note, its been months and there are no serious feats? is it always like this?

#43 Posted by Archizooom (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

She stopped a falling airplane from crashing on #18

#44 Edited by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

on a side note, its been months and there are no serious feats? is it always like this?

No. There are feats from other Rebirth titles that haven't been posted.

#45 Edited by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

She stopped a falling airplane from crashing on #18

Yes. Here.

No Caption Provided

#46 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger Hello. Can you post the scan of Rebirth Diana blocking lightning?.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#47 Edited by masterwitcher88 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Cool, any specific titles I should be picking up? aside from the obvious WW, Trinity, JL.

Also, in Titans Annual she guarded Nightwing and Garth from a punch from a supposed perfect copy of Metallo and fought supposed perfect copies of parademons. I would post scans but I have know idea how to get them from comixology.

#48 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Cool, any specific titles I should be picking up? aside from the obvious WW, Trinity, JL.

Also, in Titans Annual she guarded Nightwing and Garth from a punch from a supposed perfect copy of Metallo and fought supposed perfect copies of parademons. I would post scans but I have know idea how to get them from comixology.

I'm not reading many current titles right now, so i'm not the best one to recomend you a title.

#49 Posted by lvenger (33527 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Wait Diana's blocked lightning? When was this?

#50 Posted by agent41 (12389 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@agent41: Wait Diana's blocked lightning? When was this?

Or reacted to it. I think you mentioned something like that happening in an issue of Rebirth Flash. And since i'm not reading Rebirth Flash at the moment. That's why i asked you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.