New Wonder Woman Costume Revealed

#101 Posted by deathfalcon182 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: Let's throw hands. But seriously that is one of the best anime series ever. FMA:Brotherhood is love and life.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
#102 Posted by QuinnoftheStoneAge (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm

#103 Edited by Tyger (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say drop the wrist blades, replace with a shield and a magical all-purpose weapon that can become and kind of melee weapon. (Axe, sword, mace, etc.)

#104 Posted by Darling_Luna (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I guess.

I miss the pants and jacket hehe

#105 Posted by primebonnick (4291 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it DC take my money now. I wish they kept the silver instead of changing it back to gold but i still love it.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
#106 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (4322 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good but it would look even better if they got rid of the Baraka forearm claws

#107 Posted by Onemoreposter (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman needs to give Jean Paul Valley his costume back. Seriously, I do not understand this seeming huge camp of comic creators and fans vvho don't vvant Dianna to show off any skin.

#108 Posted by Glarinetta (658 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear DC. This is how you do it!!!

#109 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Fabok's

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
#110 Posted by Starscream_Vs_You (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the look just not a fan of the wrist blades... Although I do love ❤ Jason Fabok's version of Wonder Woman's uniform kinda fits her a little more than the initial uniform that she was wearing when the new 52 started

#111 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Its cool.

#112 Edited by Guru_Crack (11568 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new outfit, only problem I have is all the red haha. That being said do prefer the older design.

#113 Posted by MPfly88 (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it sucks and that the biggest reason why a lot of people here think it's the greatest thing ever, is because it covers her neck to toe.

Fabock's redesign from the recent JL absolutely DESTROYS this design on every level. This redesign looks way too busy, too 90s, and just screams Captain America. It's just doesn't fit her. Hopefully it's either temporary or stays in her comic.

#114 Edited by FoamBorn (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@starscream_vs_you said:

I like the look just not a fan of the wrist blades... Although I do love ❤ Jason Fabok's version of Wonder Woman's uniform kinda fits her a little more than the initial uniform that she was wearing when the new 52 started

Everybody loves Fabok's design, it was unanimously well-received so why not go with it? They had a great Wonder Woman costume but they ditched it in favor of this design that already split the internet ? I think it's ugly, tacky beyond belief

#115 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

I mis er bewbs awlredy.

#116 Posted by MPfly88 (288 posts) - - Show Bio

At least a lot of the WW fans over on CBR have the sense to realize it's overly designed and tacky.

#117 Posted by lamdaddy20 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

Her pants/skirt and spike things are odd, but everything else looks good

#118 Posted by Techherofan (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the recent Justice League look to this but still not bad.After all ever hero needs a redesign after a few years every now and then.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
#119 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (832 posts) - - Show Bio

I had been reading and enjoying the series since the Finches took over, but if this is the direction the artistic design is taking then I'm definitely dropping the book immediately. There are so many better ways this could have gone instead (Greco-Roman armor, classic super-heroine tights, ultra-casual a la the new Superman costume), but this simply doesn't work on any level. Here's what DC should have gone with:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#120 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually pretty damn good, in my opinion. But for an artist like Flinch, it's disapointing to see the lack of details on the suit. Still, I prefer this one more:

No Caption Provided

#121 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this isn't going to be her standard uniform, though. I do want the uniform from the Amazo Virus to be her standard one. Sadly, I know it won't happen.

#122 Edited by wtk1013 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this!! Looks more warrior like but still has the classic look and feel to it

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
#123 Posted by Starscream_Vs_You (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@foamborn: Agree whole heartedly.. But I see where this is going she might have the armor on because she just might be embracing being the new god of war not just going with the title only..

#124 Posted by Reactor (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish she'd kept the silver/platinum over using gold. Wish she'd lose the predator blades, assuming they aren't removable. Wish those boots weren't s'dam high. That said? I'm loving this look. It feels fresh, while at the same time, like a mix of pre and new 52. I can dig it

#125 Posted by ParaChomp (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels like her older design with a few elements of her newer design tossed in. Also reminds me a bit of her appearance in the New 52 animated movies. Glad the hair's still big but what' up with all the stars?

#126 Posted by Kerrigan (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does she need shoulder armor?

What's with the wrist spikes? Wonder Wolverine Woman?

Other than that, quite like it.

#127 Posted by somacula (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this looks like something a warrior would wear for battle, the past costumes never made any sense to me. This new costume is awesome and it should have been the one used for the movie

#128 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly great.

Like many have said, I don't care for the pauldrons. And I always liked that Diana's gauntlets were a part of her history, the shackles of the Amazon's former oppressors. Those big spikes just look silly.

But, all in all, I'd call it a net positive. :)

#129 Posted by 2chimcha3 (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks realm really good

#130 Edited by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio
#131 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this isn't going to be her standard uniform, though. I do want the uniform from the Amazo Virus to be her standard one. Sadly, I know it won't happen.

Just forget it. I just found out that this is post Convergence uniform. Damn you, DC, and your stupid retcons. Seriously, DC is starting to PIS me off. Superman's post Convergence uniform was terrible.

#132 Posted by DrApplebox (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand these people who think it's "not warrior-like" for Wonder Woman to show any skin.

Because as we all know, ancient warriors NEVER showed skin in battle.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#133 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@foamborn said:

@starscream_vs_you said:

Everybody loves Fabok's design, it was unanimously well-received so why not go with it? They had a great Wonder Woman costume but they ditched it in favor of this design that already split the internet ? I think it's ugly, tacky beyond belief

Oh dear God, not the INTERNET!

Oh the wasted keystrokes! The comments! The memes! The trolls!

How could they ever not stop to think what the internet had to say!?

Those fools! Those foolish fools!

As you may have guessed, I'm being sarcastic. When isn't the internet split?

#135 Posted by nappystr8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dig the new outfit. All the classic elements in a modern and functional style. Unfortunately, just like every other time Wonder Woman has been given pants, this won't last 6 months before DC folds and brings back the one-piece.

#136 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Why do you say that? She looks pretty Warrior to me.

That looks nothing like a warrior from her setting

She's rarely in her setting though, and you gotta admit, this says Warrior. At least in some regard, no?

#137 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Not really no

And the whole appeal of the character (or any character) is that they come from different backgrounds and bring a part of that with them, this look does not have that at all, it takes away her ancient warrior appeal.

#138 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

so im the only one thats saw this last year?....ok. its fine. i thought it would be like a one issue special body armor thing like her winged armor from our worlds at war but it is what it is i read wonder woman for the greek lore and diana not her clothes and im sure she will go back to her classic and ICONIC look one day.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#139 Posted by The Impersonator (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks better.

No Caption Provided

#140 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@scouterv said:

She's rarely in her setting though, and you gotta admit, this says Warrior. At least in some regard, no?

What it says is "Armed Circus Clown"

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
#141 Edited by blueninjapanther (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks badass and awesome. I like it.

#142 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

@scouterv said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@scouterv said:

What it says is "Armed Circus Clown"

^This

#143 Posted by Reactor (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: That doesn't look like any outfit I've seen at ANY circus I've ever been to in my life. If the clowns you've got where you live are THIS sexy, you gotta tell me where you live and when the next circus is in town

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#144 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Honest is it so hard to make this Greek Goddess ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE A GREEK GODDESS!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
#145 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10331 posts) - - Show Bio

The gauntlets seem a little unnecessary to me, but otherwise I like it.

#146 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

Not feeling it.

#147 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor said:

@outside_85: That doesn't look like any outfit I've seen at ANY circus I've ever been to in my life. If the clowns you've got where you live are THIS sexy, you gotta tell me where you live and when the next circus is in town

Perhaps you should be looking somewhere else but at her boobs.

#148 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3834 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it! ( I missed the gold so damn much! )Minus the blades though. I can't wait to see Donna's :)

#149 Posted by flazam (2611 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by BubbaDuke (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. Just take off the wrist blades.

This is honestly one of the best mixes of Amazon Warrior and Super Hero I've seen.

I hope this sticks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.