Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New Information on Upcoming 'Wonder Woman' TV Show

• 95 results
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Falconer said:

This sounds worse than the pilot NBC made. At least that one was true to the character.

I realize Wonder Woman is the most well known heroine, but she just doesn't work for tv. By the time you come up with a decent premise, overall arc, villains, etc for a Wonder Woman show you will have departed so far from the character that you might as well call it something else.

Not to mention having a Wonder Woman show airing at the time of the Justice League movie when they have no connection whatsoever would be confusing to viewers. Especially when Marvel and Disney will have a SHIELD show that does connect to the movie universe.

Exactly. Wonder Woman is being set up for a bigger screen than the TV screen. Even if the show did come on, it would end canceled after one or two seasons due to the movie any way. I mean, WB couldn't have Batman on Smallville or a live-action show featuring Batman because the Nolan films were out. Batman won't show up on Young Justice anymore due to Beware the Batman. I doubt Wonder Woman would be any different since the Wonder characters seem to be harder to use due to legal reasons. Just ask the creators of Justice League and Young Justice.

Arrow is okay because Marvel beat DC to the punch by featuring Hawkeye on film first. Featuring Green Arrow in the Justice League movie would seem like ripping off Avengers. Green Arrow on TV is perfect because he's a B-Plus hero fans actually care about and who isn't likely to hold a movie any time soon.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Mutant God

I rather see Wonder Woman: The Animated Series

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Wolfrazer

A live action show?...Ehh...I still think its better, all comic related things be animation. This way it would be like sort of watching a comic rather then reading...plus you can do more with animation. But....eh will see how it goes I guess.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Spideycap

@Mucklefluga said:

Phew just about to have a rage... but then i saw the update.

Lol same here, other than the name everything else sounds good.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KnightRise

@OutlawRenegade said:

Perhaps "Iris" was a placeholder. Or maybe all the immediate outrage on the internet over the name change was heard right away

That's wrong, Mr. Guerero. I like ComcVine, but own up to your mistakes instead of coming up with lame excuses to cover yourself. When you spread misinformation--willfully or accidentally--you need to issue a retraction. You didn't publish the facts; you put in your own (incorrect speculation). I posted one of the first 10 comments correcting your assumption as Mr. Heinberg and Mr. Johns have, but you still let things grow out of control. For what? Clicks? I understand that this is an entertainment website, but that doesn't mean that you should lower the bar on journalistic integrity. I understand that you could have been swept up yourself or that you don't know everything about entertainment, but come on. With great power comes great responsibility. And being responsible means owning up to your mistakes.

#News101

And not a single Jimmy was rustled.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OutlawRenegade said:

Perhaps "Iris" was a placeholder. Or maybe all the immediate outrage on the internet over the name change was heard right away

That's wrong, Mr. Guerero. I like ComcVine, but own up to your mistakes instead of coming up with lame excuses to cover yourself. When you spread misinformation--willfully or accidentally--you need to issue a retraction. You didn't publish the facts; you put in your own (incorrect speculation). I posted one of the first 10 comments correcting your assumption as Mr. Heinberg and Mr. Johns have, but you still let things grow out of control. For what? Clicks? I understand that this is an entertainment website, but that doesn't mean that you should lower the bar on journalistic integrity. I understand that you could have been swept up yourself or that you don't know everything about entertainment, but come on. With great power comes great responsibility. And being responsible means owning up to your mistakes.

#News101

No Caption Provided

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

#News101

No Caption Provided

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By colonyofcells

I hope to see Diana Prince in high school, then college for many seasons. I also like to see Etta Candy and the Beta Lambda Sorority girls.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By MrDirector786

I just hope that this show is actually successful and doesn't bomb like the last one.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Press Oblivion

What are the chances that everyone can just take a step back, let this run it's course and see what comes of it? 
    It's not actually costing anyone anything.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Magian

At least Iris is was actually a Greek name, unlike Diana :P

I have to agree with people saying that WW would be better suited for the big screen instead of TV. And yeah an animated series would also be a great idea as well.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I heard she is going to be a teenager in this one. I think that can work a lot better than the NBC pilot 2 years ago. They should go the Smallville route. My guess the CW will take this pilot because of all the success Arrow has been having.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By colonyofcells

I hope it is done like the Percy Jackson movie. For season 1, every episode can fight a mythology character who is in disguise as a human similar to Buffy and the Grimm tv show. Diana also needs to do the whole football team.

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ectoborge

Iris is a cool name and this is a differn't interpritation of the character it shouldn't matter that mutch.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By darkwingdan

Thank you Geoff and Allan for easing the minds of their core fanbase. That name thing was really the only thing that made me worrisome. Now that that's been cleared up, this project sounds really good. Especially since we were close to getting this:

No Caption Provided
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Mbecks14

Edit: Glad her name will not be Iris.

Yes to a WW show, not sure about the her being a teenager on paradise island...

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By colonyofcells

Based on the description, Diana will be out of her own country and trying to get used to human life and ice cream. Maybe Diana will be spying for the amazons or just studying human cultures.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By modunhanul

Wishful thinking, they will make Brian Azzarello's New 52 Wonder Woman into the TV show.

sourcebreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By sourcebreaker

I'll only watch it if it involves her mythological background.

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By geoff2005

smallville and arrow is great hoepfully wonder woman isnt the one that mess up on

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#71  Edited By jointron33

@danhimself: Laurel is Dinah's name

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By danhimself

@jointron33: I know that but how often in the comics is she called that? never....why not just call her Dinah all the time?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mutant God

@danhimself said:

@jointron33: I know that but how often in the comics is she called that? never....why not just call her Dinah all the time?

Im guessing Dinah is also her mom's name maybe

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By jrock85

@modunhanul said:

Wishful thinking, they will make Brian Azzarello's New 52 Wonder Woman into the TV show.

I wouldn't mind that.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By Bestostero

i wonder if this will actually make it lol

Avatar image for jacksonvillewriter
    jacksonvillewriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't have a Wonder Woman show without Diana, unless the show isn't about Wonder Woman at all and instead about the Amazons themselves.

I'm just glad they're moving forward with this instead of that NBC version.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By colonyofcells

If no costumes are used, it could be like a typical cw high school drama show with a little bit of super heroics that hopefully will not be too expensive in special effects. If Diana does not have too many powers, it could look more like a kung fu show. The most expense in special effects could be with the mythology villains and can save money by having the villains disguised as humans most of the time.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Chances are they were going to use the name Iris, & the internet backlash in fact made them pretend it was a code. Afterall, we got the bat-embargo & the aqua-ban on JLU BECAUSE they did not want confusion between two shows using Batman & Aquaman. Because remember, these studio execs are lacking any intelligence.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By UltraBiel

For every little thing that is sacred they should start with an animation of Wonder Woman. Is that too much to ask???

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is more money can be made from live action tv and live action movies than in cartoons for kids. The recent Young Justice cartoon and Green Lantern cartoon both did not seem to profitable. I remember the old Smallville tv show and they used lots of embedded advertising or product placements inside the show such as cell phones, cars, etc. to make more money from advertisements to adults who have some money to spend.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#81  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I really don't wanna see WW TV show but it might be cool. Arrow has been awesome show. I guess DC is also using the small screens to hype Justice LEague Movie like Marvel did with all the Avengers related movies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#82  Edited By Lvenger

This had better be a placeholder. And this TV series better not diverge too much from the source material like the last WW TV series did.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By queenfrost_

Lol

I've given up on being angry. Whatever.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By moywar700

http://wonderwomantv.com/5165/spoilers-what-actresses-will-be-doing-in-the-amazon-test-scenes/

New news from the T.V show that got leaked.An actress leaked what she tried out for the show.It said one scene Steve Trevor crashed on the Island and afterwards, Diana starts to interrogated her.There's also a dinner scene where Diana starts having Dinner with Steve and she's trying ice cream for the first time.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jobbernos

@BigPromise said:

this is stupid and dumb DC is gonna mess everything first they want to use john blake as batman in the jl movie and now this no wonder marvel is kicking your ass in the movie world.Im a DC fan but why change what makes us fall in love with these characters Please DC listen to us fans stick the the comic as much as possible

its not dc... its cw... so stop blaming dc...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By gokuwarrior

@colonyofcells: but they don't have to do a cartoon for kids,they should adapt the arazzell

o run to an animated series,that will increase the sales of her current comic,the way that animes do for mangas.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#87  Edited By turoksonofstone

lol would they really allow this kind of guaranteed insta-fail? lol

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By colonyofcells

CW shows are able to survive on very few viewers like 1 to 2 million viewers which is why Smallville lasted 10 seasons. The new Amazon tv show can even last 10 seasons like Smallville. All it needs is a cute actress and a believable love story with Steve Trevor. Most of the earlier seasons of Smallville were carried by the believable Clark and Lana Lang romance and tons of love triangles.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89  Edited By sethysquare

@colonyofcells said:

CW shows are able to survive on very few viewers like 1 to 2 million viewers which is why Smallville lasted 10 seasons. The new Amazon tv show can even last 10 seasons like Smallville. All it needs is a cute actress and a believable love story with Steve Trevor. Most of the earlier seasons of Smallville were carried by the believable Clark and Lana Lang romance and tons of love triangles.

you do know that smallville was one of the most watched shows in cw right?

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Doesn't sound too bad. They are making some changes and there won't be costumes etc.

Could be worse, could be Wonder Woman, the series about Iris, an Irish-alien female cyborg telepath working for the CIA, played by a slim 4'9" blonde.

We'll reserve judgement when more is revealed.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#91  Edited By amazing_webhead

Yeah, and Entertainment Weekly said Ant-Man & Wasp would be in "The Avengers". Granted, it turned out so awesome, I'm no longer pissed about it, but you get my point.

colleen651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By colleen651

Aria. if you think Janet`s artlclee is amazing, on tuesday I got a great new Ford after having earned $7181 this past month and even more than $10k this past month. with-out any question its the most rewarding Ive had. I began this 5 months ago and pretty much immediately startad bringin home minimum $86 per/hr. I went to this web-site,, jump15.com

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93  Edited By fps_dean

What's the point. Just call her Diana, and make it apparent there's no relation to the movie... unless they get the same actress to play in the movie too.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94  Edited By Jenkale

this is so stupid. why is it so hard to write the TRUTH! pick up a wonder woman comic and just transfer it to film. not that hard to do. her name is DIANA not Iris, she is from Thymescria not some foreign country. so hope this crap doesnt get greenlit. STOP RUINING MY CHARACTERS PLEASE.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jphulk26

@Perfect 10: Please join in the conversation below about Azzerrello´s take WW. You may find it interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.