New 52 Wonder Woman Respect thread.

#1 Edited by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats include Break down the door of the fortress of solitude which is stated to be impenetrable. In Superman 12 he says that any weapon,creature or army on Earth couldn't penetrated. Disappear from human sight instantly. Battling Hydra at super-speed.Holding Superman and deflecting Pandora's bullets,which is capable to hurt abstractal beings (Phantom Stranger).Takes a blast from Doctor Light without receive any damage (remember he's already absorbing energy around and also absorb energies from two power rings in JLA 5) .Speedblitz Supergirl. Take a telekinetic blast from H'el without a scratch . React to things that are faster than half the speed of light. Strong enough to break Green Lantern's force fields,close demensional rifts that not even Mongul couldn't close. Fighting at super speed with Hermes the god of speed. Fighting and taking damage from the power of the god of sun. She has been in frequent battles with First Born (who has KILLED GODS and survived being in the core of the sun). She becomes even stronger without her bracelets which is known as god mode.

This is to have a thread with info about New 52 Wonder Woman power. keep it nice and stay on topic.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by TheBlondeGod (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 The second scan, from what issue is it? Is it the JL one with Shazam in it?

#4 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I can't post scans unfortunately but some things I think should be added are: she has immunity to all forms of diseases which was proven after the Amazo disease had no effect on her, she has great resistance to high level telepathy which was shown against Brainiac, she has her own telepathy but we don't know the limits of it, she can draw energy from wars and use it offensively or to amp herself, and she was able to hold beings such as Phantom Stranger in her lasso.

#5 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: It's 3 scans from one single comic I'm afraid, not 4. And I'll see if I can dig some scans up to add to this thread, I am a fan of Azz's run after all.

#6 Edited by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@agent41: It's 3 scans from one single comic I'm afraid, not 4. And I'll see if I can dig some scans up to add to this thread, I am a fan of Azz's run after all.

Thank you.

#7 Posted by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by ariesxmasters (4886 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 The second scan, from what issue is it? Is it the JL one with Shazam in it?

It is from Issue #22

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by TheBlondeGod (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@ariesxmasters: Thanks for that Aries, didn't expect somebody else would notice it. ^^

#10 Edited by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Defeated Mongol off screen and forced him to use War World at her bidding

#11 Edited by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

For starters, I'll add Wonder Woman's God Mode feats to this thread.

Wonder Woman #12 - The first appearance of God Mode in The New 52. Here Wonder Woman takes off her cuffs and shows the true power of her 'God Mode' as its unofficial name. Diana proceeds to own Artemis in 5 moves flat in this form, whereas in their next fight, Diana had to outwit Artemis in order to defeat her.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Wonder Woman #23 - Wonder Woman cuts loose against the First Born, blitzing him out of the building and actually drawing blood from him when all previous attacks against him hadn't caused this damage.

Superman/Wonder Woman #9 - After SuperDoom attacks Hessia, Wonder Woman jumps into the fray with her God Mode and sucker throws SuperDoom away, followed up by tying him up with her lasso and dragging him into space.

Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1 - Wonder Woman engages SuperDoom in God Mode to slow him down for Batman to devise a plan to cure Superman's affliction.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Wonder Woman #35 - I don't really know what happens here but Wonder Woman seems to use God Mode momentarily in Azz's final issue given the telltale signs only to come out of it and resume control. She does do better against First Born than before so maybe Diana was tapping into her God Mode power or something like that.

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Ironically I love both Wonder Woman and Elektra and you are very knowledgeable on both.

#13 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong: Thanks, Elektra was a fairly recent acquisition in taste and knowledge though. I don't tend to go for the anti hero or assassin characters but Elektra's backstory, history and stories have made her an exception.

#14 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Same exact reason why I gained interest in Elektra. She is a unique assassin in her own right.

#15 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

@lvenger: Same exact reason why I gained interest in Elektra. She is a unique assassin in her own right.

Agreed for certain.

#16 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to say I miss the other thread but then I saw scans! *does victory dance*

#17 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything else important that's needed on this thread?

#18 Edited by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Hasn't she done anything lately?. In the JL or in some other comic?. I know that in the New 52 probably she will never do anything impressive since that is the only way she can be interested according to some and DC seems to agree but if you have new feats please post them. It's not easy for me to get new feats. New comic issues take too long to arrive here in my country and New 52 WW is not a character that i like enough to go and buy imported comics from the US so i have to wait until they release the new issues here. I guess at some point this month they will release the 3 issue of the flinch in the US and later they will release it in my country.

#19 Posted by FoamBorn (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

@lvenger said:

Hasn't she done anything lately?. In the JL or in some other comic?. I know that in the New 52 probably she will never do anything impressive since that is the only way she can be interested according to some and DC seems to agree but if you have new feats please post them. It's not easy for me to get new feats. New comic issues take too long to arrive here in my country and New 52 WW is not a character that i like enough to go and buy imported comics from the US so i have to wait until they release the new issues here. I guess at some point this month they will release the 3 issue of the flinch in the US and later they will release it in my country.

She briefly fought Patient 0 who copied Superman's strength, his flight and heat vision, and did rather well. However as per usual, Superman came along so we'll never know what the outcome would've been.

#20 Posted by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

@foamborn: I think she might be fighting Circe or Magog this month

#22 Edited by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman #21 (Speed) - Wonder Woman blitzes into First Born at supersonic speeds and sends him flying from the impact.

(Striking Power) Diana also manages to hit First Born hard enough to bring an entire building down on him despite having injuries from both her fight with Artemis and her battle with First Born.

No Caption Provided

#23 Posted by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Has WW done something lately?.

#24 Edited by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

we'll see what happens in SM/WW #15 shortly ... from where the story left off we should be in for a good fight with at least Magog

#25 Edited by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

Well I have yet to update some other feats from Azzarello's run but Wonder Woman's current stories aren't something I read religiously, only checking them out if WW does something good, bad or gets a good feat in it.

#26 Posted by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: @lvenger: I hope you guys don't get your expectations too high. WW is known for working under her true potential in many of DC stories IMO. For her the situation is ironic considering some of the reasons she was created for and what she is supposed to represent. But i guess it was naive to think that is easy to change some of the concepts of the society we live in. After all a history class will tell us that comics have always had a problem letting female characters shine as powerhouses in equal terms to the male powerhouses(both in power and in terms of quality in the stories). WW was the one that changed that and paid the way for many strong female characters but right now in the New 52 i can't help but think that everything changed for worse. But anyway If you get new feats please post them. You are from the US?. If you are you will get new feats before i do because new issues take longer to arrive in my country. So please post them if you can.

#27 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: that's a rather cynical viewpoint IMO. Diana in the N52 is being given more story lines and has been written and drawn by some of the best talent DC has to offer. She has also been shown as a clear powerhouse of SM level caliber with a fair amount of consistency. Frankly I think I'd be bored silly by what you seem to expect, WW would just be some unstoppable juggernaut who never faced a real challenge. I'm all for more diversity of talent in her character, I'd love to see her intelligence highlighted more often as an example, but overall I don't see her as being downplayed in the N52.

It am in the US

#28 Edited by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Nobody but a few fans seem to think she is Superman level in the New 52. I don't want her to be unstoppable. In my mind i imagine her facing a lot of challenges that push her to her limits(just like a true odyssey) with her defeats and also her victories. So i don't want her to be invincible at all. I just want her to have some badass feats and some epic moments in battle like her Pre 52 counterpart has. I also want to see her use her inteligent and show the different sides of her personality and life more often.

#29 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: you keep having this argument with people, but you also keep missing how many folks agree that she IS a top tier powerhouse. Even the biggest detractors recognize that she's no slouch ... Aside from a handful of battle forum monkeys who like to push your buttons most people don't really argue the point.

#30 Posted by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Most people say she is not impressive. Most people agree her feats aren't impressive in the New 52.

That is not my biggest complain anyway. I hate that they don't show her personality more. They don't explore her life,amozon roots.etc. And i'm sad that they always portray her so bad outside her title in the New 52. Why are they portraying her as a bitch that only thinks about fighting and killing outside her title?. The general audience has a wrong idea of her character. WW image is damasged because of these reasons i mentioned.

#31 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

@csg_cl: Most people say she is not impressive. Most people agree her feats aren't impressive in the New 52.

That is not my biggest complain anyway. I hate that they don't show her personality more. They don't explore her life,amozon roots.etc. And i'm sad that they always portray her so bad outside her title in the New 52. Why are they portraying her as a bitch that only thinks about fighting and killing outside her title?. The general audience has a wrong idea of her character. WW image is damasged because of these reasons i mentioned.

I disagree ... when you start reading what people are saying about her all the detractors really say is that she isn't as strong as SM ... I don't bother paying attention to the battle forums because I don't much care what some 15 year old man-boy thinks about the subject.

I also think you are giving way too much credence to how much the comics are interpreted by the general audience. 99% of the people who see her in MoS will have no idea what's happened in the N52 ... but I do agree with you on how she is portrayed outside of the solo comic

#32 Posted by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: A lot of people think she is weak. Not just here. For years i've been on the internet seeing how she is lowballed. I don't care about the ones that just plain and simple hate on her(the ones that try to discredit every good feat she has ever had). But some people have a point when it comes to New 52. She is not an impressive powerhouse and she is not an impressive warrior either. She doesn't have to be as strong as Superman. Before New 52 she proved that she could face opponents stronger than her and still hold her own with her great skills. They don't show much of that in the New 52 either. Almost all the heavy hitters have better feats than her in the New 52. And they don't show much of her skills so both sides are lacking. Her powerhouse side and her skilled warrior side. She doesn't use her brain as much as before either. Another bad side. And they don't even care to portray her properly outside her title. Why they don't stop portraying her as a warrior bitch?. That has never been her true personality. So everybody that doesn't follow her gets wrong ideas about her capabilities and about her personlity. If they call her a bitch is because that is how she acts in comics outside her title in the New 52. You can't blame the general audience for feeling this way about her because this is the result of inconcistent work that doesn't happen to other big names in comics.

#33 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:

@csg_cl: A lot of people think she is weak. Not just here. For years i've been on the internet seeing how she is lowballed. I don't care about the ones that just plain and simple hate on her(the ones that try to discredit every good feat she has ever had). But some people have a point when it comes to New 52. She is not an impressive powerhouse and she is not an impressive warrior either. She doesn't have to be as strong as Superman. Before New 52 she proved that she could face opponents stronger than her and still hold her own with her great skills. They don't show much of that in the New 52 either. Almost all the heavy hitters have better feats than her in the New 52. And they don't show much of her skills so both sides are lacking. Her powerhouse side and her skilled warrior side. She doesn't use her brain as much as before either. Another bad side. And they don't even care to portray her properly outside her title. Why they don't stop portraying her as a warrior bitch?. That has never been her true personality. So everybody that doesn't follow her gets wrong ideas about her capabilities and about her personlity. If they call her a bitch is because that is how she acts in comics outside her title in the New 52. You can't blame the general audience for feeling this way about her because this is the result of inconcistent work that doesn't happen to other big names in comics.

I don't really know why you care what these people think. I certainly don't care what some faceless fanboy on the internet has to say about her power levels. I read it and see something different, it's fiction, that's the nature of it. As for the warrior bitch side, I think that's simply a current DC tactic to generate interest in her as "action hero" ... it's sadly pretty standard when a woman is portrayed as a strong character or a fighter ... I don't love it either, but it's the way modern fiction seems to be the most successful. We've seen it with a million female characters, Storm's solo series has her acting the "rebel", She Hulk's characterization has been the "slut" on more than one occasion, Jean Gray/Maddie Prior hvae both played the "woman scorned" ... WW is currently "the bitch". I don't justify it, but I can wait it out.

#34 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: hey CSG! Hate to interrupt the discussion but do you know when the preview for WW #38 will be out?

#35 Edited by ZhuRong (6728 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Green Lantern isn't that impressive either. but the problem with Wonder Woman is that people feel like she has to be watered down just to make a good story. Aquaman's story is good too but you don't see him getting treated like a World War 2 maiden.

#36 Posted by FoamBorn (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong said:

New 52 Green Lantern isn't that impressive either. but the problem with Wonder Woman is that people feel like she has to be watered down just to make a good story. Aquaman's story is good too but you don't see him getting treated like a World War 2 maiden.

Which is what some Wonder Woman fans like to perpetuate around the internet, that only the battle-thread-dwelling monkeys care about that kind of stuff. They on the other hand see the deep meaning behind Wonder Woman, which often is just loads of made-up horsesh*t, and compete to outtalk each other. The feat-monkeys don't, unfortunately they lack intellectual depth.

#37 Edited by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe: I'm not sure ... Next week Tuesday I think since the issue is on sale on Wes the 21st

#38 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhurong: Aquaman has been the butt of pretty much every comic book joke for 50 years. WW just gets co-opted by a bunch of ignorant fools who think they understand feminism. She doesn't need to be watered down, but she also doesn't need to be inflated beyond reason either. What difference does her power level make to her character?

#39 Edited by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I do empaphise with your grievances but I wouldn't say DC are purposefully mistreating Wonder Woman based on "historical inferiority of women" or comics having a problem letting female characters shine. For instance, Action Comics had Lois Lane as a fierce, independent and strong go getter right from the first appearance of Superman. Not to mention that, despite this forum's seeming hatred and fierce dislike of it, DC have just given Wonder Woman one of her most critically praised and fan favourite story on the character. Yes her power level was lowered in the process but the pay off was worth it.

#40 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: thanks bro!! :) I'm trying to keep track of the DC books that have my attention.

#41 Edited by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: @lvenger: Power level wouldn't be a problem if we had proper character development and a good use of her skills and inteligent. In the past Diana could beat stronger opponents than her with her inteligent and skills. But they don't show much of that in the New 52 either. So what is left?. Most of her victories in the New 52 are against women and almost all her owned moments happended in the hands of male characters. I can no longer look at that as a coincidence. And then they have to portray her as a bitch outside her title. Somebody that talks so much about fighting and she can't even justify that attitude. And she isn't presented as this extremily powereful warrior either. So why is she acting like such a superior warrior bitch to everybody without even one good reason?. These inconcistencies in her personality that lacks depth outside her title and her lack of feats bother me. And i can't help but think DC is not trying to be concistent with her in the New 52. And without concistency where will she be in the future?. They want to establish her in movies and such well concistency(in her personality,goals,power and story)outside her solo title is needed for that.

#42 Edited by agent41 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

And thank you for the help with her feats guys. Without all of you this would' be possible. Thank you.

#43 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: yup ... Her power levels can always be adjusted for a storyline ... Much like SM just struggled to hold up a bridge when just a couple of months back he was moving ships 10x the size of Earth ... It's why I think feats are poor indicators of a characters worth, or even power levels.

#44 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe: sure thing! WW Previews tend to be roughly mid-month assuming they don't get behind schedule on the sale date.

#45 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: I have noticed that the DC previews (i.e Supergirl) tend to come out the day before the release. So I assume the same goes for WW right?

#46 Posted by ariesxmasters (4886 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl:

~CV swallowed my other post -_-~

Anyway you're pretty much right. The Superman thing had me scratching my head when I read it in the Comic. But I agree with you though feats are very unreliable when you're trying to determine what a character is capable of.

#47 Posted by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ariesxmasters: @csg_cl: Not really, feats are the only empirical and consistent measurement for how strong, fast, durable, skilled, powerful etc a character can be. It's very much possible to find a standard and ballpark certain characters operate in for their powers and abilities almost all the time. That's why battle forums and respect threads are a hallmark of the comic book community.

#49 Edited by CSG_CL (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@ariesxmasters: @csg_cl: Not really, feats are the only empirical and consistent measurement for how strong, fast, durable, skilled, powerful etc a character can be. It's very much possible to find a standard and ballpark certain characters operate in for their powers and abilities almost all the time. That's why battle forums and respect threads are a hallmark of the comic book community.

I don't find that true in any sense. Feats are more about what a current writer thinks the character is capable of during their tenure on the book. There is absolutely nothing empirical or consistent about feats, except that comic fans keep track of them almost obsessively, and dismiss anything that doesn't agree with their view of the character as PIS :)

#50 Edited by lvenger (30798 posts) - - Show Bio

@csg_cl: Afraid I have to disagree, we know that Batman is a top tier martial artist because he beats far more skilled foes than loses to unskilled thugs in battle. We know that Superman has planetary strength based on the numerous times he's moved planets in the New 52 under multiple writers. See the point? You may find it obsessive and pointless but us battle forums posters hold a lot of value in what feats a character can perform and whether they're consistent with the character performing the feat and who else is involved in said feat. I find that you're not giving enough credit to the empiricism of battle forum feats. Tell me, would it make sense if Batman suddenly one shotted Superman without any explanation or increase in power just because the writer wanted that to happen?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.