Justice League Dark

• 141 results
Avatar image for masterwitcher88
#101 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

10/10 issue AGAIN!! This book is awesome! So the team deals with the monster threat from last issue (they're strong enough to break Swamp Thing's vines). Diana and Bobo continue to have the best voices with Det. Chimp providing my favorite type of humor, syndical. Tynion has made me care about characters I normally wouldn't pay attention to like Swamp-Thing and Man-Bat.

Eventually they need to get the help from Fate, more specifically Nabu, which leads us to one of my favorite images in this issue.

No Caption Provided

We get a new look at the OG Lords of Order.

No Caption Provided

But not all was what it seemed and that twist ending was well executed.

No Caption Provided

#102 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a very pretty book, but I do have to say I kinda feel like the whole insular magicians thing is kinda grating. And fair enough Diana lashes out because of it, but I still feel it's kinda strange to have that position towards her, of all people. I mean, fair enough when it's Batman or Superman, since it really isn't their world, but Diana is part of it as much as Zatanna is.

Book still looks great. Though I am not sure I like this lingering New 52 idea of Nabu being an antagonist. I didn't get it in the weird 5-year skip issue, I didn't really like it in Injustice either... and I thought it had died out with the last Dr. Fate series... but I guess not.

#103 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Really good issue. The story telling in this book has been top notch so far. I appreciate the fact that he is making Diana as an organic character in this team. I was afraid he'd just tossed her in to make the horror in the book more prominent. But he seems to have found a really good voice for Diana.

#104 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a very pretty book, but I do have to say I kinda feel like the whole insular magicians thing is kinda grating. And fair enough Diana lashes out because of it, but I still feel it's kinda strange to have that position towards her, of all people. I mean, fair enough when it's Batman or Superman, since it really isn't their world, but Diana is part of it as much as Zatanna is.

Book still looks great. Though I am not sure I like this lingering New 52 idea of Nabu being an antagonist. I didn't get it in the weird 5-year skip issue, I didn't really like it in Injustice either... and I thought it had died out with the last Dr. Fate series... but I guess not.

This I agree with. I thought if there was one person who wouldn't be in that position it would be Diana.

#105 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

This I agree with. I thought if there was one person who wouldn't be in that position it would be Diana.

It feels kinda snoppish. It's kinda like if magicians are niché musicians who now have to speak with the one 'superstar' artist the others feel has sold out.

#106 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Really good issue. The story telling in this book has been top notch so far. I appreciate the fact that he is making Diana as an organic character in this team. I was afraid he'd just tossed her in to make the horror in the book more prominent. But he seems to have found a really good voice for Diana.

It's really exciting because, I've never seen her used this well in a team book before. On top of that I'm getting Witcher vibes from this book and especially with Diana.

#107 Posted by Reactor (4417 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Wonder Woman, but I've never been a particular fan of hers. In just two issues, JLD has completely changed that around. I can't believe how much I'm loving this series.

Only two things bug me; the way everyone keeps saying Diana isn't part of their world (even though she's a demigoddess - literally born into the magical world), and Dr. Fate's outfit. His Earth-2 attire was just so majestic and otherworldly, nothing else really levels up to it imo, but that's more of a pet peeve.

Truly solid book with a superb ending

#108 Edited by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor said:

I've always liked Wonder Woman, but I've never been a particular fan of hers. In just two issues, JLD has completely changed that around. I can't believe how much I'm loving this series.

Only two things bug me; the way everyone keeps saying Diana isn't part of their world (even though she's a demigoddess - literally born into the magical world), and Dr. Fate's outfit. His Earth-2 attire was just so majestic and otherworldly, nothing else really levels up to it imo, but that's more of a pet peeve.

Truly solid book with a superb ending

This is OG preNu52 Wonder Woman as well. That's her voice and everything, so you see why fans were and frankly still are complaining about her Nu52 warrior woman portrayal.

That's true for the clay origin as well. I think DC just needed a response from the magical community knowing that Diana is basically here to stay once she is involved. Its a little weird because of her ties to the Gods, but I think in the long run it was a fine choice and one that's used correctly. Its not being abused like everyone hates her or something, their just acting like aristocratic snobs about magic.

#109 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it almost that time of the month again?

#110 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it almost that time of the month again?

I don't think so, should be still a week iirc.

#112 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG this just went through the roof!!! What a brilliant issue. Diana just went super saiyan!

I can't wait for the witching hour now

#113 Edited by Kevinffinity (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope she keeps it (or atleast some of it). Diana needs a stronger connection to the magical side of DC.

#114 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Today's issue was really good as well. The artwork today was mesmerizing. I wish I could see the pencils and inks only version for this issue.

That being said, the story has now reached a point beyond which I'm skeptical of what will happen. We new this moment was always coming where Hecate takes control of Diana. It was in the synopsis itself. But beyond this point, two things can happen:

1] Either Diana remains a puppet and gets saved by other team members and comes out looking weaker at the end of the event.

2] Somehow through sheer will of power Diana breaks through the control and comes out as a hero at the end of the event.

I hope its the latter. But I think the chances of it happening are slim

#115 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Today's issue was really good as well. The artwork today was mesmerizing. I wish I could see the pencils and inks only version for this issue.

That being said, the story has now reached a point beyond which I'm skeptical of what will happen. We new this moment was always coming where Hecate takes control of Diana. It was in the synopsis itself. But beyond this point, two things can happen:

1] Either Diana remains a puppet and gets saved by other team members and comes out looking weaker at the end of the event.

2] Somehow through sheer will of power Diana breaks through the control and comes out as a hero at the end of the event.

I think it will be a combination to be honest.

Diana's approach to all this is through good natured naivete, she believes that magic is great.

The JLD and other seasoned vets are all scared and know that magic is actually terrifying.

Both parties are likely going to meet each other half way on their standpoints to solve the crisis, Diana will come to admit that not all magic is 'magical' and the Vets will have to admit not all magic is a cause of dread.

#116 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan_60 said:

I think it will be a combination to be honest.

Diana's approach to all this is through good natured naivete, she believes that magic is great.

The JLD and other seasoned vets are all scared and know that magic is actually terrifying.

Both parties are likely going to meet each other half way on their standpoints to solve the crisis, Diana will come to admit that not all magic is 'magical' and the Vets will have to admit not all magic is a cause of dread.

I'd be happy if it happens this way. Thats character development done right.

#117 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy. Didn't see that end coming. Another good issue I'd say.

#118 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, this was good.

#119 Posted by Archizooom (2175 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that Zatanna is the 5th Witchmarked and that she’s gonna save the day. Zatara told his daughter that one of them had quote “the power to either destroy or save magic” and we’ve all assumed it was Diana but - plot twist - it’s Zatanna, mark my words

#120 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that Zatanna is the 5th Witchmarked and that she’s gonna save the day. Zatara told his daughter that one of them had quote “the power to either destroy or save magic” and we’ve all assumed it was Diana but - plot twist - it’s Zatanna, mark my words

By the looks of things, there are a lot of witchmarked around, but only a select few are powerful enough to properly wield it.

I think Zatanna will most definitely play a part in the endgame... she has to since she's pretty much the only one left standing. However, I think Circe will have an even bigger part to play, otherwise why would they even bother her?

#121 Posted by Archizooom (2175 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: There are only 5 Witchmarked according to Circe but we’ve only seen 4 so far - Diana, Minatou Dawn, Black Orchid and Witchfire, they haven’t disclosed the fifth. And since Witchfire is burned-out, pun intended, a new one could emerge to take her place. I strongly suspect Zatanna is one of them but I wouldn’t rule out Circe, though I feel like the latter’s looking to make a play for Hecate’s power, she had that mischievous look on her face of someone who's up to no good

#122 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: There are only 5 Witchmarked according to Circe but we’ve only seen 4 so far - Diana, Minatou Dawn, Black Orchid and Witchfire, they haven’t disclosed the fifth. And since Witchfire is burned-out, pun intended, a new one could emerge to take her place. I strongly suspect Zatanna is one of them but I wouldn’t rule out Circe, though I feel like the latter’s looking to make a play for Hecate’s power, she had that mischievous look on her face of someone who's up to no good

Well, I imaging it's not just chance that Hecate is making her move right now with the Otherkin bearing down on reality... so maybe Circe mean there are 5 active that she knows of. Plus we have to consider that Dawn still appears to be time-displaced from the Obsidian Age, and aside everyone but Diana, the Witchmarked appear to be mortals. Anyways you are probably right that we wont be seeing any more than five even if there are more... actually Circe could be the 5th?

#123 Posted by Archizooom (2175 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: My understanding is that Hecate split her power in 5 and hid it inside 5 human vessels. And when they’re used up or dead, she rehouses her power within a new host so there are never more than 5 at any one time. And yes I suppose Circe could be 5th witchmarked but my money is on Zatanna. I guess we’ll find out next wednesday :p

#124 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite an awesome issue today. I like how this book balances action and story telling as well character moments.

#125 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

This continues to be my favorite book.

#126 Posted by agent41 (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

It's far better than the main jl book.

#127 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

I actually can't believe I though Snyder would deliver with Diana. METAL really was just a unique thing for her and I doubt we'll see any improvement for her later considering the next story focuses on MMH, GL and HG.

#128 Posted by agent41 (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

I actually can't believe I though Snyder would deliver with Diana. METAL really was just a unique thing for her and I doubt we'll see any improvement for her later considering the next story focuses on MMH, GL and HG.

I heard he is writing a sawmp thing story that also involves WW. But i have no expectations anymore.

#129 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I am glad Diana is in the magic world of DC though that was a good decision. For once in a long time.

#130 Posted by agent41 (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: I am glad Diana is in the magic world of DC though that was a good decision. For once in a long time.

True. But it's time certain writer stop messing with her. They are annoying.

#131 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:
@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

I heard he is writing a sawmp thing story that also involves WW. But i have no expectations anymore.

I'm curious what you think is wrong with what Snyder is doing? Like lets be honest the Totality story was a build-up towards Drowned Earth and while Aquaman is central to that, Diana is the no 2 character to the.

I don't know if I want to say I find one of JL or JLD better for Diana, since JLD was mostly about Chimp and Diana's big move in this issue was taking on a dragon off-page. Over all I think JLD is the better book because it has consistent art and it is a build up issue where the JL is in the middle of a big fight. Plus I am not sure what the point of Snyder introducing something like the Graveyard of Gods and then immediately destroy it?

#132 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@masterwitcher88 said:

I think part of the problem here is maybe he thinks that since Diana now has her own (kind of) JL book in JLD he should focus more on other characters. But I think he is ignoring her too much. I buy Justice League mainly for Diana and its wrong and misleading on their part if you ignore a character for 12 straight issues.

You know I spoke with Scott Snyder at Wonder Con during signing event and told him thanks for giving us an awesome Wonder Woman story in metal and all he said was "Wait till you read Justice League". So I don't know what to make of it : whether something awesome is yet to happen or if something has changed in the story since that time.

#133 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Another awesome issue. Was not expecting JLD to come out today though. Took me by surprise. Tynion gets the voice of Diana so right.

#134 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, just to let people know we can talk JLD here.

#135 Posted by jb681131 (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by Archizooom (2175 posts) - - Show Bio

Alvaro Martinez put up an image of vintage Circe on his instagram

No Caption Provided

#137 Posted by masterwitcher88 (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Well, that looks awesome.

#138 Posted by Eto (5336 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite JL title at the moment.

I tried JLO, but it’s bland to me.

Furthermore, the main JL title is too convoluted, not my taste.

#139 Posted by Eto (5336 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Such a great artist, hopefully he'll stick around for the long run.

#140 Posted by comicfan_60 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was pretty freaking awesome. Things are starting to heat up. Lords of order, Otherkind and Circe are all starting to make their moves. Soon there will be mordru as well. This is my favorite DC book right now.

#141 Posted by Tedirey (2859 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was pretty freaking awesome. Things are starting to heat up. Lords of order, Otherkind and Circe are all starting to make their moves. Soon there will be mordru as well. This is my favorite DC book right now.

Me too.

#142 Posted by agent41 (15867 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizooom said:

No Caption Provided

Well, that looks awesome.

Love this art.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.