Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Wonder Woman the same level as Ms. Marvel?

• 166 results
    Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not nearly. Carol's powerset may work better against some people but Diana would wreck her.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, much as I like Carol, she is NOWHERE near Diana's power/strength level, not even in Binary form!

The reason I think so many people are deluded into thinking Carol is Marvel's answer to WW, is because they WANT a Marvel answer to WW and because both are strong, durable and can fly, they always have threads online about it. I never see someone compare Thundra to WW, which also isn't a comparison, but a better one in the fact of a Femizon Vs Amazon.

In terms of strength, the DC characters are far far above the "Class 100" that Marvel uses. And while the ultra-strong top-tier of Marvel may even be at 400-800 tons, DC top-tiers are much, much higher than that level.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

thor is wws marvel equivalent.......a super strong mystical royal warrior figure with a magical weapon.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, sort of in the sense you mention. But in pure strength? I don't believe that to be true. Case in point. Marvel has had Thor listed as 95 tons and then later at 100 tons. Thor is over 100 tons, maybe about 125 to no more than 150. However, the truest measure would most likely be no more than 125. Indeed, the Marvel RPG has had Thor listed as "Monstrous" Strength (up to 90 tons) and "Unearthly" strength which is 100 tons and no more than 125 tons. If he, or anyone else was really 400, 800 or even 1000 tons strong, they would have listed them as "Class 1000", which they did not.

Thor's mystic hammer, Mjolnir, is indeed powerful, nigh indestructible, ultra-dense and strong, casting lightning, dimension warps, energy from these warps and allows Thor to control the weather and to fly. But his hammer has been damaged in the past and even broken/destroyed (but then remade). Likewise WW also has mystical weapons and more than one. She can fly without aid.

Also, Thor cannot be that high, because he also has his Belt of Strength which doubles his strength when worn. Kurse is twice as strong as Thor with his Belt of Strength (4X stronger than Thor alone), and Kurse is not at 4000 or even 3000 or even 1000. Kurse is about 600 tons strong. There have been higher strength showings. And Marvel does have a few this strong or stronger still but not many in toto, and not at WW level nor Superman equal.

I am working on a Conversion Chart so that Marvel characters become closer to the DC ones. They will never be equal, because they are not and the disparities go from top to bottom. For instance, if I raise Thor to = WW or Superman in strength, then someone at 50 tons like Sabra or Rogue (before losing her super-strength) would then be at Supergirl or Donna Troy's level, despite truly not being anywhere near that strength.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GoodBoy6

@quasarprime said:

Well, sort of in the sense you mention. But in pure strength? I don't believe that to be true. Case in point. Marvel has had Thor listed as 95 tons and then later at 100 tons. Thor is over 100 tons, maybe about 125 to no more than 150. However, the truest measure would most likely be no more than 125. Indeed, the Marvel RPG has had Thor listed as "Monstrous" Strength (up to 90 tons) and "Unearthly" strength which is 100 tons and no more than 125 tons. If he, or anyone else was really 400, 800 or even 1000 tons strong, they would have listed them as "Class 1000", which they did not.

Thor's mystic hammer, Mjolnir, is indeed powerful, nigh indestructible, ultra-dense and strong, casting lightning, dimension warps, energy from these warps and allows Thor to control the weather and to fly. But his hammer has been damaged in the past and even broken/destroyed (but then remade). Likewise WW also has mystical weapons and more than one. She can fly without aid.

Also, Thor cannot be that high, because he also has his Belt of Strength which doubles his strength when worn. Kurse is twice as strong as Thor with his Belt of Strength (4X stronger than Thor alone), and Kurse is not at 4000 or even 3000 or even 1000. Kurse is about 600 tons strong. There have been higher strength showings. And Marvel does have a few this strong or stronger still but not many in toto, and not at WW level nor Superman equal.

I am working on a Conversion Chart so that Marvel characters become closer to the DC ones. They will never be equal, because they are not and the disparities go from top to bottom. For instance, if I raise Thor to = WW or Superman in strength, then someone at 50 tons like Sabra or Rogue (before losing her super-strength) would then be at Supergirl or Donna Troy's level, despite truly not being anywhere near that strength.

Thor doesnt use Belt of Strength anymore.that was in very old comics,as far as I know.didnt Thor lifted like 9 planets at once???

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Diana is way above Carol Danvers in strenght and overall fighting ability

SpiderAidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana is far more Superior

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @somayareece said:

I think there is a user on this board that states multiple times that she is in Carol's tier. There might be many people that are under this impression. I have notice that Wonder Woman has a inconsistency in her power level. She is usually portrayed as really powerful then not so powerful in a instant. I really think we need take a stance on what level she is truly at.

Carol Danvers is on par with Wonder Woman, based on the most consistent displays of Wonder Woman's power level; while Wonder Woman may have been shown helping moving the Earth, that was clearly an anomaly by a single writer; however, being on par does not have to mean equal, exactly; Wonder Woman could be slightly stronger (e.g. think of Artemis and Wonder Woman); do not go by Wonder Woman's feats and Carol's lack of feats, as clearly, Carol is intended to be Marvel's version of Diana without actually cloning her; there would be copyright disputes if Marvel cloned a DC character or DC cloned a Marvel character. Marvel's position is to use Carol relative to some of it's other characters like Colossus, Juggernaut, or Apocalypse to say they would be stronger than Wonder Woman or Superman, if they were brought into the Marvel Universe and put under Marvel's pencil; this would be the same if Wonder Woman were taken into the DBZ Universe; I realize the comments from other posters, but DC fans want to believe that characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are the most powerful characters ever created for comics, while Marvel is saying not so; the posters who responded are all DC fans.

I think I remember reading a convincing article stating that Ms. Marvel, was more like Marvel's Superman, than Wonder Woman. The only reason we say one over the other is because of gender really. I think it was on Comic Alliance if you wanna try looking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: i meant thematically they are equivalent. thor would be marvel's answer to ww if they had one

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: i meant thematically they are equivalent. thor would be marvel's answer to ww if they had one

well they now have female Thor which is equal to real Thor.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter the combat or power levels, at least Diana doesn't have to rip off another persons name to gain some name recognition.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter the combat or power levels, at least Diana doesn't have to rip off another persons name to gain some name recognition.

Ouch

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol Danvers is probably the first Dansel in distress to sucessfully take the place of her longtime savior, all by herself and became the Hero.

She is already better than 80% of super heroes comic books female cast. Just by that.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: How in the world are you getting this? Skaar hit Hulk with a 100 trillion ton punch and Hulk kept going.

Hulk has resisted planetary weights many times. Most recently Proxima Midnight (a woman) put the weight of a star on Hulk and he survived just fine.

Gladiator has destroyed a planet in a couple punches. Drax ripped out the core of a star with his hands. Sentry lifted a Celestial larger than Earth. Hyperion stopped a planet in its tracks. Thor has dented adamantium, lifted the Midgaard Serpent (larger than Earth). You are so wrong it's like it's on purpose. You shouldn't be the one to make any sort of conversion chart. Read Marvel dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: idk she doesnt have the same connection i think....the only thing is the hammer and her being a woman

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: idk she doesnt have the same connection i think....the only thing is the hammer and her being a woman

she has better connection.just because he is a woman that doesnt mean she is weaker.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@ultra_beleco said:
    @mark_stephen said:

Carol Danvers is probably the first Dansel in distress to sucessfully take the place of her longtime savior, all by herself and became the Hero.

She is already better than 80% of super heroes comic books female cast. Just by that.

She's a hypocritical fascist who won her way to fame in marvels cw storyline by hunting down friends and allies and throwing them into the negative zone prison for life. Prior to that she had to hire a publicist just to get noticed and was basically Rogue's backstory.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By QuasarPrime
    @overmonitor said:

@quasarprime: How in the world are you getting this? Skaar hit Hulk with a 100 trillion ton punch and Hulk kept going.

Hulk has resisted planetary weights many times. Most recently Proxima Midnight (a woman) put the weight of a star on Hulk and he survived just fine.

Gladiator has destroyed a planet in a couple punches. Drax ripped out the core of a star with his hands. Sentry lifted a Celestial larger than Earth. Hyperion stopped a planet in its tracks. Thor has dented adamantium, lifted the Midgaard Serpent (larger than Earth). You are so wrong it's like it's on purpose. You shouldn't be the one to make any sort of conversion chart. Read Marvel dude.

Dude, you are a very argumentative individual!

I am getting this from Marvel and from DC, thank you very much.

Never heard nor saw any of the stories you tell above. Skaar can't hit Hulk with a 100 trillion ton punch, no, since he is only a 90-tonner strength wise. That means hitting Hulk with a 90 ton punch. Thor never dented Adamantium, which is impervious and indestructible in its true form. Secondary Adamantium, can be destroyed and people such as Wonder Man have smashed it. Perhaps this is the Adamantium to which you refer Thor denting? But True Adamantium = Inertron.

I can make whatever Conversion Chart I please and I don't resort to being rude and obnoxious to do it! It's based off of the standards that both companies have for their own characters. Marvel is not DC and vice versa. DC characters have always been more physically powerful and usually more powerful in non-physical expressions as well. Today, low-level street fighters from both companies are fairly even and in the energy/powers dept, for the most part, Marvel seems to excel these days.

But in sheer physical might, DC is still tops. Sorry, but true. I love both companies' characters equally, but I can't say Ms M is equal to WW just to suit you, 'cause it ain't true, no way, no how! DC and Marvel do not have to be interchangeable and they really are not. My Conversion Chart allows some of the strongest Marvel folks (men and women) to place closer to their DC "Counterparts" but it doesn't just place them at even keel with Superman, Wonder Woman Capt Marvel, etc.

Now, perhaps, one can make the argument that a top Marvel character can be equated to the top DC character (in strength) and then continue to do this so that the top strongest Marvel becomes equaled to the top strongest DC. But that really just ranks each company and assumes and presumes that both sides are even and equal for each character, which is not the case, as I state in the paragraph above.

As Judge Judy would say, stop talking and put on your listening ears. Maybe you can learn something. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not at the cost of constantly arguing with all other posters.

I applaud and accept the viewpoints from the opposing side, and with others who state that Carol is Marvel's Diana and the idea that if DC characters were brought into the MU, they would coincide to the Marvel strength scale. That is just not my take on it.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol

Dies.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@agent41 said:

@mark_stephen: No love for Carol from you.

Pre-cw she was one of my favorites, I have Ms. Marvel original series scanned into the computer. But her attack on fellow Avengers and especially beating up Spider-woman in front of Spider-woman's ten year old daughter, her toadying to Tony Stark when he made her head of the Avengers, her complete lack of support or sympathy to She-Hulk after Tony seduced, de-powered and dumped She-hulk in New Jersey combined with her hypocrisy... So yea, sorry Marvel pretty much destroyed the character for me. Giving her an ugly haircut, new costume and a DC characters name doesn't help much either. She sold out her friends and was rewarded for it. I don't consider that heroic in anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: i know it doesnt mean she's weaker but i dont think being a woman really makes them similar like its not exactly a personlity quality or trait

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @mark_stephen said:
    @agent41 said:

@mark_stephen: No love for Carol from you.

Pre-cw she was one of my favorites, I have Ms. Marvel original series scanned into the computer. But her attack on fellow Avengers and especially beating up Spider-woman in front of Spider-woman's ten year old daughter, her toadying to Tony Stark when he made her head of the Avengers, her complete lack of support or sympathy to She-Hulk after Tony seduced, de-powered and dumped She-hulk in New Jersey combined with her hypocrisy... So yea, sorry Marvel pretty much destroyed the character for me. Giving her an ugly haircut, new costume and a DC characters name doesn't help much either. She sold out her friends and was rewarded for it. I don't consider that heroic in anyway.

Why did tony stinks did that to Jennifer?.

Tony drafted Jen into SHIELD so that she could capture Hulk foes, not telling Jen that he and the Illuminati had sent the Hulk on a one way trip to space. She was worried about her cousin, he played on that and got her into bed. When she found out they fought and he used a new weapon on her (that he got from experimenting on the Hulk foes that she had captured) that depowered her. When Jen threatened legal action against him Tony tossed her off the helicarier and left her in New Jersey so that he, Reed and Doc Samson could use her as bait to capture Amadeus Cho.

In response to all of this Jen did... Absolutely nothing. She got no sympathy or support from Carol who at the time was Tony's head of the Avengers. About the only thing that Carol ever did was what ever Tony told her to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: only know her backstory ...i dont read her stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane Foster doesn't have many feats yet but it is implied that she is equal to Thor. I haven't read the comics but I am planning on doing so. Their fight resulted in a stalemate.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quasarprime: No you didn't applaud my viewpoints. I listed facts and you completely disregarded them.

Skaar is so far above 90 tons it's not even funny. Please read the stories, the ones you admit you never heard of, before you accuse me of being subjective or ignorant. That's just hypocritical.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By GoodBoy6

Jane Foster doesn't have many feats yet but it is implied that she is equal to Thor. I haven't read the comics but I am planning on doing so. Their fight resulted in a stalemate.

this.although she did hold back I think.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By QuasarPrime

@overmonitor: I applauded (by carefully and respectfully listening to what others posted) then peacefully posted my own viewpoints.

You came on and attacked me in your subjective and ignorant rant (s).

On the other hand, I didn't disregard the stories you mentioned, I stated I have never read them. I included information about a topic you mentioned, Adamantium, and even asked you a question regarding it. I also included info (strength level listed by Marvel) on Skaar as you specifically mention Skaar. In writing this post, I went back and rechecked Skaar's strength level (see below) to make sure I was not in error. I could have been, but in this case I was not.

I didn't just post to write something; I know what I am talking about. I wanted to share my thoughts with others. I take umbrage to your attack, telling me to "read Marvel dude", that I should not make a conversion chart, and that I am so wrong that it is on purpose. WT!?

This is how you interact with others. You simply do not play nice, you name-call and get nasty. It's all about you. That is NOT the way I operate and won't stoop down to your level.

If you read the MarvelUniverse.com info on Skaar, they do indeed list him as lifting 90 tons. Fact. Not hypocritical. TRUTH, like Diana's Lasso thereof!

You cannot change what Marvel themselves have written about THEIR characters. Sorry.

And, this IS a Wonder Woman thread, NOT a Carol Danvers thread. If you are so into Carol and whatever current name/persona/powers she has at the current moment, then maybe you need to start one over there and argue with anyone who does not agree with you regarding Carol and all her strength.

The question asked here was: "Is WW the same level as MM?" I answered a resounding "NO, she is way above MM level." That is my viewpoint.

PERIOD.

End of Discussion with you.

You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye!

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: I applauded (by carefully and respectfully listening to what others posted) then peacefully posted my own viewpoints.

You came on and attacked me in your subjective and ignorant rant (s).

On the other hand, I didn't disregard the stories you mentioned, I stated I have never read them. I included information about a topic you mentioned, Adamantium, and even asked you a question regarding it. I also included info (strength level listed by Marvel) on Skaar as you specifically mention Skaar. In writing this post, I went back and rechecked Skaar's strength level (see below) to make sure I was not in error. I could have been, but in this case I was not.

I didn't just post to write something; I know what I am talking about. I wanted to share my thoughts with others. I take umbrage to your attack, telling me to "read Marvel dude", that I should not make a conversion chart, and that I am so wrong that it is on purpose. WT!?

This is how you interact with others. You simply do not play nice, you name-call and get nasty. It's all about you. That is NOT the way I operate and won't stoop down to your level.

If you read the MarvelUniverse.com info on Skaar, they do indeed list him as lifting 90 tons. Fact. Not hypocritical. TRUTH, like Diana's Lasso thereof!

You cannot change what Marvel themselves have written about THEIR characters. Sorry.

And, this IS a Wonder Woman thread, NOT a Carol Danvers thread. If you are so into Carol and whatever current name/persona/powers she has at the current moment, then maybe you need to start one over there and argue with anyone who does not agree with you regarding Carol and all her strength.

The question asked here was: "Is WW the same level as MM?" I answered a resounding "NO, she is way above MM level." That is my viewpoint.

PERIOD.

End of Discussion with you.

You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye!

You must be trolling now. I'll post 3 scans to disprove your theory that DC is stronger than Marvel. You can either get offended or be intelligent and change your mind. Doesn't matter to me.

No Caption Provided
    Skaar punches him from LA to West Virginia.
    Skaar punches him from LA to West Virginia.
    No Caption Provided

Thor dents adamantium, primary. Exactly like I said.

I addressed you because you made false statements regarding strength levels. If you're offended that's your fault man. You just need to be more open minded and maybe read some Marvel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how this turnt in to a debate about whose stronger between Marvel and DC characters.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By GoodBoy6

@somayareece said:

I love how this turnt in to a debate about whose stronger between Marvel and DC characters.

I also,cause QuasarPrime is talking nonsense.Thor has extremely big feats other than lifting Midgard Serpent in the new comics not old ones.he is clearly a DC fan.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimately in modern comics the characters are as strong or as weak as the story that the writer is crafting needs them to be.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Binary doesn't get one shotted, I think she could duke it out for a couple of punches, but Ms Marvel.. OHKO.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

well they now have female Thor which is equal to real Thor.

@goodboy6 said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she has better connection.just because he is a woman that doesnt mean she is weaker.

@goodboy6: i know it doesnt mean she's weaker but i dont think being a woman really makes them similar like its not exactly a personlity quality or trait

@agent41 said:

@willienotwilliam: What has thor woman done?.

@agent41: only know her backstory ...i dont read her stuff

@goodboy6 said:
    @somayareece said:

this.although she did hold back I think.

INFO...

Jane Foster is dying from cancer, she was worthy of Mjolnir that unlike the other worthy characters gave her Asgardian Form/Behavior and Knowledge, she is a host for the hammer "He" does everything for her, she is completely powerless without the hammer unlike any other Asgardian like Thor the son of Odin, this is a temporary very badly written arc that had the purpose of bringing more female readers to Thor franchise and worked very well, but as was constructed Jane Foster just can't be Female Thor without the Hammer, and i think no one doubts that original Thor will be worthy again of Mjolnir, so i don't see why people think this character is equal to the Original Thor or any other Asgardian like Angela, she is the character in Marvel that in my personal opinion can be comparable with Dc Diana...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.