Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is wonder woman currently stronger than superman?

• 167 results
    marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By marvel123

haha it would be cool to see her in a battle with hercules, i think she could take him....

and superman is my favorite dc hero, yet i don't mind seeing superman upstaged/ or weaker than WW (i know some people don't like that at all). but for me, i don't think i would loose respect for superman if his strength levels, speed, ect was inferior to wonder woman's.

some people loose respect for the hulk, just because he looses to thor or (vice versa) or any other character in those positions? driving question: do our favorite Heroes have to be the best of the best (the smartest, strongest, fastest) ? i'm just exploring the mentality that some comic book fans display (not u guys in particular)

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Goddessa

@marvel123 said:

haha it would be cool to see her in a battle with hercules
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By marvel123

cool thanks haha i guess now the're like brother n sister, who knows, maybe we may have more sibling rivalry b/t them

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Goddessa

@marvel123 said:

cool thanks haha i guess now the're like brother n sister, who knows, maybe we may have more sibling rivalry b/t them

No worries :)

sammandcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sammandcfan

@press_oblivion: The Greek gods in the DCU are not nearly as powerful as the Presence in the DCU, who is the Judeo-Christian God and creator of the entire universe. So those Greek gods are more or less like OP superpowered characters, but not completely invincible. I would actually say that Wonder Woman is more powerful than some of the Greek gods. As for her pure physical strength compared to Superman's, she should be equal to him until she takes off her bracelets. Superman is then screwed unless he takes a nice sun bath. The reason people think Wonder Woman is weaker is because Superman is shown moving planets while Wonder Woman is not usually shown doing something on that big of a scale. Superman is the guy who saves the day, while Wonder Woman is the gal who ruins the bad guy's day. As for who wins in a fight, it is 50-50 unless Diana has her handy magic tools that pwn Supes, who is completely vulnerable to magic and enchanted weapons (lasso, magic sword, tiara) or unless Supes supes up with the powa of the sunnyD. If both occur, they are once again 50-50 until Diana takes her bracelets off. She is probably the worst matchup for Supes in the JL because of her many enchanted weapons and blessings.The Spectre is probably just as cool as Batman, BTW.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammandcfan: Only Pre-crisis superman is moving-planets,not pre-52,i'm have to say in the pre-crisis,superman is far far stronger than wonder woman,only supergirl is equal superman in strength

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

No feats to prove it.
    And Geoff WW differs from Azzarello's.
    Geoff's WW doesn't gain a advantage by removing her wrists
    and her wrists become swords doesn't just summon them
    as seen in a preview of JL 22

sammandcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sammandcfan

@powerwoman: Yeah you're right. Didn't Superman destroy a solar system by sneezing in his pre-crisis version? I think for WW vs Supes in post-crisis, pre-52 the matchup is WW wins 60 percent of the time considering all scenarios. New 52 WW from what I saw from her so far would win 75 percent of the time. She is just flat out a bad matchup for Supes.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammandcfan: though in the silver age only supergirl can match superman

untill post-crisis,wonder woman can match superman

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GWHH

JLA--A League Of One-2000

No Caption Provided

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gwhh: .. Never has a female hero can stronger than Superman,only in the Pre-crisis has two female hero is as strong as superman,one is Silver age supergirl,and then Pre-crisis mary marvel

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gwhh said:

JLA--A League Of One-2000

No Caption Provided

I've always found this completely ridiculous. It's untrue, inconsistent, and there is proof that what she says isn't true.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62: WW is weaker than superman.. Any version,pre-crisis is weaker than superman,pre-52 wonder woman is weaker than superman..

actual in the golden age,mary marvel is most powerful female hero,in the silver age/bronze age,supergirl is most powerful female hero

wonder woman is most powerful female hero is just Since the post crisis began

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TAneT62

@powerwoman: I know she is weaker, but by very little.

I was referring to the scan, not a past explanation.

I think that scan makes her look weak, vulnerable, etc.

It just seems wrong, why? Because she has proven she can beat Superman in battle, if she needs to.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62: She is a little bit weaker than superman,this is pre-52 wonder woman,not pre-crisis,in the pre-crisis,superman is too much stronger than wonder woman,i'm wonder woman fans,but that it's true,DC Changed her, Since the beginning of the post-crisis,not pre-crisis

however,i agree it,superman no hold back fight wonder woman,she but we never see bloodthirsty wonder woman fight superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No feats to prove it.

And Geoff WW differs from Azzarello's.

Geoff's WW doesn't gain a advantage by removing her wrists

and her wrists become swords doesn't just summon them

as seen in a preview of JL 22

Actually Geoff and Azzarello's Wonder Woman only differ in personality,the bracelets doesn't turn into anything as you can see in Justice League 3,while fighting Parademons with swords you still can see the bracelets and she never removed it Jl ongoing. Geoff Johns just doesn't let her demonstate the full abilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:

I think Wonder Women's Azz run is in the past, she might not even have the power in JL anymore, we don't know what the fallout will be when she fights the First Born!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Azzarelo's run isn't in the past anymore,because in Superman 20 she still is with Orion.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Wonder Woman has better fighting skills and more experience, Wonder Woman should easily beat both Superman and Goku.

LMAO get out of here

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Azzarelo's run isn't in the past anymore,because in Superman 20 she still is with Orion.

Ah

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By z3ro180

@marvel123: To answer your question no she is not stronger than him but she can kick his ass.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21:But,It really is no continuity,Especially ,No any contact with JLA

@z3ro180: At least wonder woman very close to superman in strength,but no feats can prove it,that too bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Even without this contact, her official powerset is from the main title.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Ok.... In fact, I do not like to have a little bit New 52 wonder woman comic art style. . Too Greece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By 007007007

I'd say wonder woman is just as strong as superman or even stronger. She already kicked his ass in battle once in Justice League, Paradise Lost. They saw each other as monsters and she destroyed him.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mysticmedivh

No.

ThanoswithIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She got her sexy ass kicked by Doomsday

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Yeah this.

I'd say wonder woman is just as strong as superman or even stronger. She already kicked his ass in battle once in Justice League, Paradise Lost. They saw each other as monsters and she destroyed him.

Except that's non canon. So it doesn't really count. Also, they were neck and neck at first, but the reason why Diana was "thrashing" Clark was because Clark saw through the illusion and tried to calm down Diana but all Diana heard was gibberish. He had to point to the mirror and Diana saw her real self fighting Clark.

Besides, a morals off Clark could've killed the being that left Diana for dead.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@saint_sophie: What being left WW for dead?. I hope you are not talking about cartoon because comics are what really count. WW has a good trackrecord holding her own againast Superman. I don't think that will ever change.

I'm well aware of that. Did you even read my entire post? You know what, let me just break it down for you.

First off, I said that that stuff was non canon. The user mentioned stuff from the cartoon. He mentioned that Diana was whooping Clark's ass during their fight when they thought that they were monsters. I said that while they were just going back and fourth, Diana was only whooping Clark because he didn't want to fight her. Still, it's non canon so I'm gonna disregard that.

I just mentioned that last bit because even in the cartoon, they showed that Clark > Diana. But she can still hurt him.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now She is. Thank you Convergence.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@darkman61288: What happened?

Read the front page of CV :) Superman is loosing his powers.

Now since he 'taught' her how to be human, maybe she can teach him how to be a superhuman? :)

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece said:

Now since he 'taught' her how to be human, maybe she can teach him how to be a superhuman? :)

I would not be shocked if they did that. I can imagine Diana saying " Clark you have to suppress that desire to be human."

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85 said:
    @somayareece said:

I would not be shocked if they did that. I can imagine Diana saying " Clark you have to suppress that desire to be human."

Actually I hope someone at DC is going to be brave enough to have Clark dive for cover behind Diana in the event of someone trying to shoot him. :)

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:
    @outside_85 said:
    @somayareece said:

Actually I hope someone at DC is going to be brave enough to have Clark dive for cover behind Diana in the event of someone trying to shoot him. :)

HaHaHa I can see it now Clark saying " Diana, babe, save me."

Jarchan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is a extremely powerful alien and my favorite superhero of all time. But he does have physical limits and is killable in Modern Post-Crisis. Now, Wonder Woman should be much more powerful than Superman, she is a Goddess. In fact, Wonder Woman has overpowered beings within Superman’s strength level like Supergirl who almost killed him in the Superman/Batman storyline. So Wonder Woman is actually stronger than Superman minus sundip. Wonder Woman is also faster than Superman when it comes to reflexes according to Batman. The fight is a very great battle, Superman has versatility on his side, while Wonder Woman is much stronger and can move much faster, as well as being a much better martial artist. Here is the thing, Superman is vulnerable to magic and the sword can cut his skin quite easily, he cannot break out of the Lasso of Truth as well. So the fight would go down to a physical confrontation, but Diana moves faster and has the strength advantage and none of Superman’s other powers can do much to stop Diana, so Wonder Woman 7/10 times.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarchan54: For physical limitations well superman did lift a book with infinite pages and her being a goddess doesn't hold much power since the gods that granted her powers have been easily defeated.Also in superman/batman superigirl ,superman was trying to save her since she became Herald of Darkseid but are you sure it is same superigirl that got defeated by wonder woman? Because batman has also defeated wonder woman,aquaman, flash and Martian manhunter at the same time without use of any special suit or prep in pure h2h but I guess that doesn't mean he can beat ares,zoom,antimonitor armour like flash defeated or any other of their villains of their current versions in h2h.Also you are missing out on great tech advantage that can decimate entire themsicira with ww if supes felt necessary.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why do people think Wonder Woman is a big thing to DC ?

Superman is the strongest

Batman is smartest

Flash is the fastest

Wonder woman is kind of strong but not as Strong as Superman ,kind of fast but not as fast as Superman or flash and she is no way smart .Other than she learning languages she has not shown any interest in science or magic compared to Golden age

The Amazons are pretty much brain dead civilization where everything they have is loaned by some Gods who took pity on them . Well at least they ate not selling their male babies to slavery which is a huge progress .

Wonder Woman is just a token Girl in the team who is famous because there is not really any competition from other good female superheros .

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people think Wonder Woman is a big thing to DC ?

Superman is the strongest

Batman is smartest

Flash is the fastest

Wonder woman is kind of strong but not as Strong as Superman ,kind of fast but not as fast as Superman or flash and she is no way smart .Other than she learning languages she has not shown any interest in science or magic compared to Golden age

The Amazons are pretty much brain dead civilization where everything they have is loaned by some Gods who took pity on them . Well at least they ate not selling their male babies to slavery which is huge important .

Wonder Woman is just a token Girl in the team who is famous because there is not really any competition from other good female superheros .

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@agent41: I know how revolutionary and feminist icon she and Amazons was in the Golden age comics or history of comics and even in The TV Show and even her low budget movie

I am not saying that she is not icon or most popular super heroine in the world . Also DC website clearly states Superman is strongest Superhero in DC universe .

I am saying DC treats her as stepchild compared to Superman Batman, Flash

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@agent41 said:
    @geraldofvengerberg said:

@agent41: I know how revolutionary and feminist icon she and Amazons was in the Golden age comics or history of comics and even in The TV Show and even her low budget movie

I am not saying that she is not icon or most popular super heroine in the world . Also DC website clearly states Superman is strongest Superhero in DC universe .

I am saying DC treats her as stepchild compared to Superman Batman, Flash

In recent times i don't see Flash having more privileges. If you talk about comics. He has alawys been the fastest in DC. That is part of his identity as a character. Comic wise. Most characters play second base when BM and SM are around. But she has done great things as well. And i think that after all the success of her film and how she has been so well received unlike most aspects of the DCEU. That she will continue to expand her horizon.

Well, almost a year has gone by and nothing has happened yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.