Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8718 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is wonder woman currently stronger than superman?

• 167 results
    marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvel123

i saw an article on this earlier and i don't mean for this to be a battle, i just want to know if she is now physically stronger than him. to be considered to be on par or have evenly matched strength with superman, one should at least be able to lift as much as 6.6 sextillion tons. ww is usually considered as have strength near or on the level of superman, but with her new upgrade, does she surpass his strength. please discuss

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Press Oblivion

I guess you're talking about this article . . .

How Strong is Wonder Woman Now?

There is tons of discussion there about this exact topic. You might want to contribute there.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marvel123

oh cool thanks

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

i would say no

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Onemoreposter

Of course not.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jobbernos

no.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By marvel123

yeah, i'm a big fan of the kryptonians and all of their abilites. but i wouldn't mind if the writers decided to portray Wonder woman being stronger than superman. it wouldn't lower my respect for any of the kryptonian characters ( or even characters such as captain marvel, martian manhunter ect.) at all. DC has the flash as their undisputed fastest man alive, i wish they would just set someone (anyone) as their undisputed strongest.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Goddessa

Diana is my favourite comic book super hero, but I wouldn't mind Superman being a bit stronger than her. Her strength is very much built in and doesn't rely on anything or does it have any weaknesses, unlike what the colour of the sun does to Kryptonians. As long as she is more fearsome and is the top warrior of the league, she doesn't need to be superior to Clark in strength. She can definitely hold her own with anyone :)

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jphulk26

@Goddessa said:

Diana is my favourite comic book super hero, but I wouldn't mind Superman being a bit stronger than her. Her strength is very much built in and doesn't rely on anything or does it have any weaknesses, unlike the what the colour of the sun does to Kryptonians. As long as she is more fearsome and is the top warrior of the league, she doesn't need to be superior to Clark in strength. She can definitely hold her own with anyone :)

Agreed. What makes her cool is that she´s not always the strongest, but if you try and take it to her brute strength style, she´ll kick your pretty little ass, Amazon style. Tactics, fighting skills and out smarting her opponent.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Goddessa

Yeah, I actually don't get why she needed to be stronger than Superman, no harm done in giving the strength department to Clark. If Supes needed a hand in lifting something, no hesitation, he will definitely get Diana to help him. What I like about her is her technique, she is an artist when it comes to fighting. I like how she is very unpredictable when somebody go against her, she uses everything in her arsenal but will not hesitate to use her overwhelming strength if needed, unlike Superman who we all know will just punch, brawl, or use his heat vision or freeze breath in the first seconds of a battle. Diana WEEERKKS it!!!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

no

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By marvel123

yeah and i'd completely agree as well. Being the fastest or the strongest, does Not mean that a character is unbeatable. .............ha, its just nice to know who is. i like that dc promotes the flash as their fastest Hero, so most people can come to a general consensus as to who holds that title. as for the title for dc strongest Hero, well there are many opinions about that; whether it's captain marvel, WW, the kryptonians martian manhunter, orion ect. i wish they would give that title to 1 character, this could end soo many disputes. just my opinion tho, sorry if it may seem kinda stupid.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By darkman61288

It is Batman ; )

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Goddessa

@marvel123: True, if the reason is to just finally clear the air who the strongest hero is, I'd totally support this :) I rather have stronger villains than heroes, I want to see my heroes team up and break a lot of sweat beating the baddies.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

Of course not.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jphulk26

@marvel123: @marvel123 said:

yeah and i'd completely agree as well. Being the fastest or the strongest, does Not mean that a character is unbeatable. .............ha, its just nice to know who is. i like that dc promotes the flash as their fastest Hero, so most people can come to a general consensus as to who holds that title. as for the title for dc strongest Hero, well there are many opinions about that; whether it's captain marvel, WW, the kryptonians martian manhunter, orion ect. i wish they would give that title to 1 character, this could end soo many disputes. just my opinion tho, sorry if it may seem kinda stupid.

Yeah but what would be the fun in that. We WW fans couldn´t spend time bitching and moaning, trying to convince the world that if Superman really wanted it from Diana, she´d make his sweet little candy ass famous, and then kick the ass of 5 guys who look just like him. All the countless and pointless debates over which drawing will beat which drawing would cease to be, over. ;) Nerds in school, will cease having star trek sundays, and actually end up on dates. Teen pregnancy will rise, the economy collapse, cities will turn into dystopian wastelands... (Wait Wait ... I´m sorry, wrong meeting!!)

Side note, still think Hulk and Batman can beat Superman, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Goddessa

@jphulk26: LOL Yeah agree! I wouldn't go into debates myself just to prove Diana can kick anyone's ass if she really wanted to, that includes Clark. Nothing in this world can convince me otherwise. I don't know much about the Hulk to make a conclusion if he can take down Superman, but I totally agree Batman can beat him.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Press Oblivion

@jphulk26 said:

Side note, still think Hulk and Batman can beat Superman, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Hulk can beat Superman? . . . . I'd like to read how this would play out.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Press Oblivion

My feeling is that Wonder Woman is stronger than Superman by the way. I'll have to retread where I posted all of that nonsense.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By marvel123

and

haha yeah, arguing over whose the strongest is fun for alot of people.......yeah i guess i wouldn't want to take away their fun.

and yeah Batman is a prime example of a hero who takes down foes far stronger and faster than himself

i know its way off topic, it seems like there are more heroes competing for the title of physically strongest hero in marvel's universe, than in the dc universe. i've seen many strong opinions favoring the silver surfer, thor, hulk, quasar, gladiator, sentry, hyperion, hercules, blue marvel and more. (i always thought it was the hulk, but only because marvel coined the phrase "hulk is strongest there is"

i've only seen a few character in dc in the lining for physically strongest hero; superman, captain marvel, martian manhunter, wonder woman, and maybe 1x orion. maybe dc is a little closer to establishing one character as their undisputed strongest hero (tho it may never happen) .............just some completely random thoughts to consider.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Goddessa

@marvel123: We are all in the same wave length I guess :)

I don't know much about Marvel to comment on their strongest characters, I never was and probably never gonna be a fan of any of their Superheroes unless they are made into film and the guys portraying them are uber hot. LOL

But in saying that, it's hard to really pick just one strong character in DC because at the back of my head I know there are literally millions of superhumanly strong characters in DCU that keeps popping up storyline after storyline. If you have a galaxy with worlds/creatures like Daxam, Martians, Almeracians, Kryptonians, Apokalyptians, and so on...picking ONE strongest character is a waste of time and effort.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By colonyofcells

DC has lots of strong super heroes bec. there are lots of kryptonian survivors, daxamites, martians, etc. In the silver age and bronze age, all of the amazons were as strong as Wonder Woman. In the silver age and bronze age, there was the bottle city of Kandor and the kryptonians there sometimes would help Superman. With the milestone characters, Dc now also has Icon. With the merging with Wildstorm, DC so far has used Apollo. DC also has many gods like Orion, Hercules, etc. In New 52 we have Captain Marvel (Shazam) and Black Adam, so far.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darkman61288

Do you think Batman beat Superman or Wonder Woman?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darkman61288

Also lets not forget The Spectre

ZEELLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By ZEELLO

even if she has more strength, her boobs and her lack of krypton armor might present a disadvantage

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By marvel123

it would be a hard choice......but just for kicks, i think it would be a character from one of the places you mentioned

i do remember seeing icon in an episode of young justice

true can't forget the spectre

i saw a forum where fans were arguing about who the fastest marvel Hero was (traveling speed), they were all over the place, throwing out names left and right.............dc fans don't really have that problem, i think dc has done a good job of of making it known that the flash is top dog when it comes to speed. (some in the flash family, idk exactly who wally or barry or whoever). anyway part of me still likes the fact that there is an undisputed champ in a certain skill/ability class.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jphulk26

@Goddessa said:

@jphulk26: LOL Yeah agree! I wouldn't go into debates myself just to prove Diana can kick anyone's ass if she really wanted to, that includes Clark. Nothing in this world can convince me otherwise. I don't know much about the Hulk to make a conclusion if he can take down Superman, but I totally agree Batman can beat him.

@Press Oblivion said:

My feeling is that Wonder Woman is stronger than Superman by the way. I'll have to retread where I posted all of that nonsense.

The way I see it is it obviously depends on the writer. But what we have in this battle, if we take all the writer of Superman together and all the writers of WW together, is Superman is slightly stronger than WW, and has a couple of offensive powers she doesn´t, but WW is a master warrior, with a few tricks up her sleeve herself. So it comes down to this, who would win in a fight, one of the best body builders in the world, or a slightly lighter, but incredibly well conditioned UFC fighter?

Wonder Woman wins hands down.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Goddessa

@jphulk26: It's like Zydrunas Savickas vs Ronda Rousey. LOL

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@jphulk26 said:

Yeah but what would be the fun in that. We WW fans couldn´t spend time bitching and moaning, trying to convince the world that if Superman really wanted it from Diana, she´d make his sweet little candy ass famous, and then kick the ass of 5 guys who look just like him. All the countless and pointless debates over which drawing will beat which drawing would cease to be, over. ;) Nerds in school, will cease having star trek sundays, and actually end up on dates. Teen pregnancy will rise, the economy collapse, cities will turn into dystopian wastelands... (Wait Wait ... I´m sorry, wrong meeting!!)

pfft what? no. Batman maybe with prep. Hulk? no chance in hell.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

And no she isn't stronger.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jphulk26

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@jphulk26 said:

pfft what? no. Batman maybe with prep. Hulk? no chance in hell.

@DarkKnightDetective: So Darkknightdetective (I can already see you´re objective) a mere mortal with some gadgets can beat superman, but a gamma irradiated beast with no limit to his strength, endurance, invulnerability would easily get beat by Superman? OK then.

@Goddessa:

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@jphulk26: Intelligence > brute strenght always. Batman can exploit Superman's weaknesses while Hulk can't.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Press Oblivion

@darkman61288 said:

Do you think Batman beat Superman or Wonder Woman?

Oh hell no. There isn't anything that Batman can do to waylay the onslaught of Super-speed and immeasurable strength. Batman could dress up in kryptonite armor and there would still be no chance.

@jphulk26 said:

The way I see it is it obviously depends on the writer. But what we have in this battle, if we take all the writer of Superman together and all the writers of WW together, is Superman is slightly stronger than WW, and has a couple of offensive powers she doesn´t, but WW is a master warrior, with a few tricks up her sleeve herself. So it comes down to this, who would win in a fight, one of the best body builders in the world, or a slightly lighter, but incredibly well conditioned UFC fighter?

Wonder Woman wins hands down.

I like it. But I think Wonder Woman is Stronger.

@Press Oblivion said: http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/how-strong-is-wonder-woman-now/92-739762/?page=4

There's nothing to actually substantiate that either one is stronger than the other. I feel that beating down a god is something noteworthy for Wonder Woman. Though Superman as not bested a god there is that documentation that he can lift the weight of the Earth for a before breaking a sweat. It is my feeling that Wonder Woman can perform the same feat with the bracelets on.

So until either Superman lays the Smack Down on Artemis or Wonder Woman get's into that machine and lifts the weight of the earth for a week and a day before breaking a sweat we can't say for certain. . . . or if they have some reason to fight one another.

I feel that Wonder Woman may be stronger than Superman because of events in Justice League where she broke Green Lantern's construct and then booted Superman into the next zip-code faster than he could react. Granted Superman has not had the opportunity to return that act. But again, until there is definitive proof for one or the other I feel that Wonder Woman is the greater Physical Power of the two.

@Press Oblivion said:

I'm not saying that this is definitive proof to one degree or the other, I'm just speculating. Wonder Woman does this with the bracelets on. . . notice the wake of Superman's velocity in the next panel.

No Caption Provided

@Press Oblivion said: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/thor-and-superman-who-is-stronger/92-632878/?page=5

I haven't read this whole thread, just the first page.. . . .

Some people think that the title of GOD should be dismissed. I look at the designation of godhood as that of creator of worlds in which characters like the Hulk and Superman exist, they are "creatures". Gods have command over elements and environments that "creatures" cannot hope to achieve unless given that right by a GOD.

In my opinion, Gods should not be defeated or overcome by anything lesser than a God and as much as I love Superman, he is not a God and that's part of his appeal for me as a fan.

Wonder Woman recently bested a GOD in issue 12 of her series and I think this is an epic feat for her, while other dismiss it.

Based on this, I say THOR is stronger because of my opinion on the status of a God.

In the lyrics of the late Jim Corche . . . You don't pull on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask of the O'l Lone ranger and you don't mess around with Wonder Woman. dee bop dooda bop deet deet deedee deet.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By GunGunW

There is nothing indicating she is physically stronger than Superman.

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Goddessa

@Press Oblivion I love how you love Wonder Woman :P

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By tomlikesfries

I don't think so. Superman lifted the exact weight of Earth for 5 days in a row without being exposed to the sun, and I don't think Diana's had impressive feats like that throughout the New 52 so far.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jphulk26

@tomlikesfries: I agree, Superman can take out the current WW. But he couldn´t take out the WW prior to JMS´run. He would have a hell of a fight on his hand.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jphulk26

@DarkKnightDetective: One, Hulk isn´t that stupid anymore, and even his savage self, was quite nifty on the battle field. His feets of strength are absolutely incredible (hence the name) There´s no out smarting Hulk, otherwise Spiderman or Wolverine or The Fantastic Four would be able to take him out. They can´t, even Thor usually gets his ass handed to him by Hulk, so I don´t think Superman would be any different. Face it Superman hits Hulk, he instantly gets super pissed, and, either the world explodes and everyone and Hulk and Superman are left stranded in space and its a draw. Or Hulk beats him, like Doomsday beat Superman. Simple.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@jphulk26: In every Non-Cannon story that DC and Marvel published that involved Superman vs Hulk, Superman beat Hulk, and also there is the fact that Superman has been able to bench press Earth's weight for five days and barely broke a sweat.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not likely, and if so, you would never see it when they team up, it would be like making someone else on the team faster than Flash or smarter than Batman (in an actual team up), you would be showing up a character in what they actually do.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Press Oblivion

@Goddessa said:

@Press Oblivion I love how you love Wonder Woman :P

:D

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By marvel123

remember guys, the characters with the greatest strength don't always win every battle...but i see why people are drawn to believe that. i'm not saying characters like superman should be de powered, but its hard to imagine a character who is capable of single handedly moving dwarf planets (war world) and lifting the weight of earth, to be loosing to other characters who haven't been shown to do the same (it makes some people think," he moved a planet, nothing can stop him now"). i used to think that way about superman, but now my persective has changed a little

i used to believe that other "Heroes" could only truly be noted as "as physically strong as superman" when they perform similar feats such as have the strength to move planets on their own. i used to believe that moving planets "alone" was the ultimate feat of strength for a hero; we've seen superman do it. i know now that strength by itself doesn't win battles

just out of curiosity, based on their physiology, are most kryptonians or even daxamites able to move planets (out of who ever survived); can wonder woman do it, can, captain marvel do it, can icon do it, MM, what about hulk, thor, the silver surfer, ect. i know a lot of fans hate over powered characters, but i personally don't mind them at all

were you guys addressing the myth gods vs aliens ordeal in the other forum? it raises some good questions though, should the myth gods be superior to everyone else? and should aliens or any other mortals be able to fight on godlike levels?

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Press Oblivion

@marvel123 said:

were you guys addressing the myth gods vs aliens ordeal in the other forum? it raises some good questions though, should the myth gods be superior to everyone else? and should aliens or any other mortals be able to fight on godlike levels?

Nope, I wasn't addressing that, just the more simplistic idea of Gods as creators vs. heroes as creatures (creatures are of godly architecture), designed to support Diana's power level.

I'm trying to imply that Diana's handling of Artemis is equal to if not greater than Superman's feat of week long world lifting.

No Caption Provided

@marvel123 said:

To address this, Gods should be superior to everyone else because they are the creators of all. Should a creation (aliens, mortal, or immortals) challenge a God and win it should be categorized as an undeniable credit to that character's power. So what if you can rearranged the solar system, she just flattened the one who's likely responsible for making that solar system in the first place.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By colonyofcells

I tend to view the gods in the comics as just aliens so Superman, Wonder Woman and Darkseid can beat the greek gods and these type of heroes vs gods stories have been portrayed in the comics since the golden age. In the silver age, Superman would battle Atlas, Hercules, and Samson.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Hazlenaut

Are just going to talk about physical strength?

As we talk of strength I felt her being vengeful and being harden all the time may be a flaw. This is part of her character as she has little knowledge outside the Amazons so she may have difficulty being social.

She is the better fighter of the trinity because one we don’t know how many years she actually is and learned to fight in the very earliest of age. She is magically enhanced from being breaded with it at birth and being a demigod. It is likely she ate magical fruits for baby food.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By colonyofcells

Since Wonder Woman has better fighting skills and more experience, Wonder Woman should easily beat both Superman and Goku.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By darkman61288

the Spectre > Superman > Wonder woman it is as simple as that.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Press Oblivion

@darkman61288 said:

Wonder Woman is stronger. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it until Superman trounces a God or Wonder Woman starts to sweat after 4 days of power lifting the Earth.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jphulk26

@Press Oblivion: hahahahhaha.

@Press Oblivion said:

@darkman61288 said:

Wonder Woman is stronger. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it until Superman trounces a God or Wonder Woman starts to sweat after 4 days of power lifting the Earth.

Same story i´m going with. and if she starts sweating, I´ll tear the panels out and paint her juggling Neptune and Jupiter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.