Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Wonder Woman a planet buster?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

good guys don't bust the planet.

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
    DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooperfly said:
    @thedeathstar said:

Lmao Early DBZ characters are Planet Busters XD

@dragonhunter1414 said:
    @gokuss4z said:

I guess she could wreck a planet if she kept attacking it.

She won't bust the planet though.

All hail DB and its planet busters.

Lol none of the Z warriors (good guys) are Planet Busters.

I'm not debating this here, but the writers had a perfect opportunity to showcase his ability but failed.

Say what? Here LOL and I remember Goku did this finger tap on Beerus and hurt him, they are far from Planet Busters even before episode 12

That is a feat for beerus though. Most good saiyans in db are planet busting by scaling and not by feats. Although the planet busting is easier now and has become obvious.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheDeathstar

@sooperfly said:

@thedeathstar: hahaha wasn't talking about Beerus when I referred to Z warriors, I was referring to mostly just the saiyans and lesser beings.

@agent41 said:

And what's dbs got to do with this?. LIke they are not the standard to measure other characters. They came way too late to the party of planet busting level and beyond. Comics were doing all that and then some before toriyama was even born.

DBU fans (most but not all) are incredibly insecure; any mention of Superman or other characters equal to him, and some would jump to the opportunity to bring DBU into the conversation, even though the don't belong there.

Current Goku is atleast Multi Galactic-Universal based on processed feats, narrator statement, reliable character statement and powersclaing from episode 12 where it was already stated the Universe+Kaioshin Realm+Hell and Heaven were about to get destroyed until Beerus nullified the explosion, they are planet busters since saiyan and Namek Saga hell, Base Frieza who is around 283x weaker than SSJ1 Namek Saga Goku destroyed Planet Vegeta (10x gravity than Earth) casually

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheDeathstar

@dragonhunter1414 said:
    @thedeathstar said:
    @sooperfly said:
    @thedeathstar said:

@dragonhunter1414 said:
    @gokuss4z said:

I'm not debating this here, but the writers had a perfect opportunity to showcase his ability but failed.

Say what? Here LOL and I remember Goku did this finger tap on Beerus and hurt him, they are far from Planet Busters even before episode 12

That is a feat for beerus though. Most good saiyans in db are planet busting by scaling and not by feats. Although the planet busting is easier now and has become obvious.

"By Scaling" SSG Goku hurt Beerus with 1 finger, same tap that can destroy the planet. Go watch episode 12 :) they are universal now

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheDeathstar

@agent41 said:
    @thedeathstar said:
    @agent41 said:

And what's dbs got to do with this?. LIke they are not the standard to measure other characters. They came way too late to the party of planet busting level and beyond. Comics were doing all that and then some before toriyama was even born.

Nope Comics started doing all that in 80s and 90s before it was all Story telling no impressive feats so you are just talking BS. And leave DBS, Z alone have very clear Planet busting feats

First of all, even if Comics started doing it in the 80s, that's way before db started having planetary feats. And second there were planetary feats and above in comics before the 80s. And i can point out when something is off topic if that's what i want to do.

Comic having it before doesn't matter, many anime have that as well not only DBZ

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DragonHunter1414

@thedeathstar said:
    @dragonhunter1414 said:
    @thedeathstar said:
    @sooperfly said:
    @thedeathstar said:

@dragonhunter1414 said:
    @gokuss4z said:

"By Scaling" SSG Goku hurt Beerus with 1 finger, same tap that can destroy the planet. Go watch episode 12 :) they are universal now

lol. no. That is all by scaling and none by feats. I could do nonsense scaling for other characters and then prove no shit. Let Goku bust a planet with a planet busting attack and get his feats and then we'll talk. EDIT: don't get me wrong that i'm debating against planet busting, its just that if you say that they are by scaling you'd be correct and if you say they are by feats you'd be wrong.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheDeathstar

@dragonhunter1414: Yea a planet level being somehow matches a universal buster with raw power nice logic friend. Power scaling is a very important factor. And Goku will someday surpass Beerus and people be like he is still planetary (which he is since early Z). DBS episode 12 and 13 puts SSG at atleast multi-galaxy level via feat that was nullified at the end

Tiramisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats no, but by scaling most likely.

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DragonHunter1414

@thedeathstar said:

@dragonhunter1414: Yea a planet level being somehow matches a universal buster with raw power nice logic friend. Power scaling is a very important factor. And Goku will someday surpass Beerus and people be like he is still planetary (which he is since early Z). DBS episode 12 and 13 puts SSG at atleast multi-galaxy level via feat that was nullified at the end

Lol. Your logic is baseless as it is about feats not scaling . PM me for discussion. Its not about db not being able to planet bust. You may not know it but i have made the case in "for" previously. Yes goku will surpass beerus obviously and whiz too someday (lets hope) . EDIT: Also its off topic and you should PM me for such discussions Wonder Woman threads have been getting a lot of heat lately and a lot of off-topic conversation and then mods coming in locking the threads and temp bans. So PM me.

DBS episode 12 and 13 puts SSG at atleast multi-galaxy level via feat that was nullified at the end

Not by clear feats of Goku but by scaling yes. Goku is more than a planet buster by scaling and not by feats.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why did this turn into a DBZ thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did this turn into a DBZ thread?

DB fans get a "turn on" from planet busting.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar said:

Lol. Your logic is baseless as it is about feats not scaling . PM me for discussion. Its not about db not being able to planet bust. You may not know it but i have made the case in "for" previously. Yes goku will surpass beerus obviously and whiz too someday (lets hope) . EDIT: Also its off topic and you should PM me for such discussions Wonder Woman threads have been getting a lot of heat lately and a lot of off-topic conversation and then mods coming in locking the threads and temp bans. So PM me.

DBS episode 12 and 13 puts SSG at atleast multi-galaxy level via feat that was nullified at the end

Not by clear feats of Goku but by scaling yes. Goku is more than a planet buster by scaling and not by feats.

When you have scaling who needs feat, If Goku defeats Beerus someday he would be above him ABC logic that some people dislike as it Overpowers Goku and yes he was able to go toe to toe with Beerus in Episode 12... So he is at least multi-galactic though it is clear SSG<<SSGSS<<<<<<<<<<SSGSSKKx10<Beerus

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar:

When you have scaling who needs feat, If Goku defeats Beerus someday he would be above him ABC logic that some people dislike as it Overpowers Goku and yes he was able to go toe to toe with Beerus in Episode 12... So he is at least multi-galactic though it is clear SSG<<SSGSS<<<<<<<<<<SSGSSKKx10<Beerus

Well scaling is good, but it has only worked for DB. People take feat > scaling >=statements. Yes goku would surpass him and it should be no surprise as his story is to become the best. He will.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar:

Well scaling is good, but it has only worked for DB. People take feat > scaling >=statements. Yes goku would surpass him and it should be no surprise as his story is to become the best. He will.

Not all people :), without scaling everything in DB would not make sense, scaling is an important factor and sometime Character A in DB Having feat and character B in DB surpassing it would be Scaling>feat

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonhunter1414 said:
    @thedeathstar said:

Goku stands his ground against Beerus which makes him multi-galactic/universal. This was their power as stated by narration. By ABC logic, anyone he fights against who gives him a challenge is at this level too.

http://i.imgur.com/dBcaBrh.jpg

In this scan, Wonder Woman holds off and deflects the might of Olympus. By narration, this power is infinite. Wonder Woman's strength and endurance (because her muscles have to hold out long enough for her to deflect the power) are infinite. By ABC logic, anyone she fights against who gives her a challenge has infinite power.

So to answer the question of this thread as it is now, Wonder Woman is a Goku Buster. She's a Beerus Buster, too. And a Whis Buster. So is her Rogues Gallery.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheDeathstar

@spitfirepanda said:
    @thedeathstar said:
    @dragonhunter1414 said:
    @thedeathstar said:

Goku stands his ground against Beerus which makes him multi-galactic/universal. This was their power as stated by narration. By ABC logic, anyone he fights against who gives him a challenge is at this level too.

http://i.imgur.com/dBcaBrh.jpg

In this scan, Wonder Woman holds off and deflects the might of Olympus. By narration, this power is infinite. Wonder Woman's strength and endurance (because her muscles have to hold out long enough for her to deflect the power) are infinite. By ABC logic, anyone she fights against who gives her a challenge has infinite power.

So to answer the question of this thread as it is now, Wonder Woman is a Goku Buster. She's a Beerus Buster, too. And a Whis Buster. So is her Rogues Gallery.

It's more of a hyperbole "Destruction multiplied to infinite power" this isn't math at all it's more like the power kept increasing and increasing, also you cannot apply different verse logic to DB... Durability=/=Your striking force in most of the comics, E.g. Superman he is more durable but his striking strength isn't that high compare to his durability... By your logic Android 17 and 18 also had Infinite power source as well (stated by the maker) So Goku is a Wonder Woman Buster :P, Unless you are trying to say Planet Busters can now match Universe busters then Good Logic M8.. Truth is DBS is far ahead of the leagues of DBZ, JLA and Avengers

PS: Infinite power is more like limitless stamina and energy (but strength/D.C is still limited)

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logic being used in this thread is atrocious.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: Those are just excuses, and poor ones. I could just as easily say that the universal feat is hyperbole. Goku is always given universal durability when the universal feat is mentioned. Why shouldn't Wonder Woman have infinite durability when the infinite feat is mentioned? Because striking force doesn't always equal durability in the comics? Was that needle Frost used capable of destroying the universe?

By your logic, Wonder Woman's strength and durability are infinite. She physically held off, and deflected, infinite power. This is clearly shown. By your logic, her Rogues Gallery should be able to do the same. By saying it doesn't count because your logic shouldn't be used against you for whatever reason, you're creating a double standard.

The Androids have an infinite power supply, which in this context means they have a battery that will never run out. It's not a statement on their destructive capabilities. Even if it were, by your logic Goku would only be able to stalemate Wonder Woman. Unless you want to say Goku is beyond the infinite, which is getting close to Suggsverse territory.

The most likely answer for the infinite feat is that Wonder Woman held the power at bay because she's the hero. She did the impossible because she had to. Same goes for Goku.

jadenlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She not just a ball buster shes my ball buster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logic being used in this thread is atrocious.

I know right lol

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: Should have quoted you because you edited your post. Oh well. You're still wrong.

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DragonHunter1414

@spitfirepanda: Yes that is why i said clear Feats >>>>> Scaling and this stands firm from the respect of battle threads too. DB fans use scaling logic and make their characters what they are not by feats. You can do the same scaling for Wonder Woman and other characters.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetassgss: The worst part is, this started out as a Wonder Woman thread. I guess the words "planet buster" attracted all of the Dragon Ball fans. Lol

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DragonHunter1414

@thedarkpaladin: Looks like it. thedeathstar as usual does not take time to exaggerate. DBS using his logic.

@thedeathstar

Truth is DBS is far ahead of the leagues of DBZ, JLA and Avengers

Haha lol no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetassgss: The worst part is, this started out as a Wonder Woman thread. I guess the words "planet buster" attracted all of the Dragon Ball fans. Lol

It will go on i'm sure.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonhunter1414: Agreed. I've come the conclusion that when debating DB vs. Comics, since the DB fans want to use their character's best feats to gauge the power of everyone comics can do the same. At the end of DBS, no matter how it goes, the two sides can only stalemate if argued this way.

DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

having infinite durability or strength would make you unbeatable and she was beaten before. Odin said that he was omnipotent and yet we know for a fact that he isn't.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheDeathstar

@spitfirepanda said:

@thedeathstar: Those are just excuses, and poor ones. I could just as easily say that the universal feat is hyperbole. Goku is always given universal durability when the universal feat is mentioned. Why shouldn't Wonder Woman have infinite durability when the infinite feat is mentioned? Because striking force doesn't always equal durability in the comics? Was that needle Frost used capable of destroying the universe?

By your logic, Wonder Woman's strength and durability are infinite. She physically held off, and deflected, infinite power. This is clearly shown. By your logic, her Rogues Gallery should be able to do the same. By saying it doesn't count because your logic shouldn't be used against you for whatever reason, you're creating a double standard.

The Androids have an infinite power supply, which in this context means they have a battery that will never run out. It's not a statement on their destructive capabilities. Even if it were, by your logic Goku would only be able to stalemate Wonder Woman. Unless you want to say Goku is beyond the infinite, which is getting close to Suggsverse territory.

The most likely answer for the infinite feat is that Wonder Woman held the power at bay because she's the hero. She did the impossible because she had to. Same goes for Goku.

And you clearly didn't understand what infinite meant there in WW's case, I have already explained the thing you mentioned above, so sure according to your "word/statement" logic Androids have infinite strength, power and Durability right? :)?

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More DBS Feats more hates, i get it

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she is not a planet buster

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#93 SC  Moderator

A. She's a fictional character. B. There is variety among planets, its a bit like asking if Brock Lesnar is an animal buster. Some cats are animals, so are elephants.

The answer is it depends, as a fictional character she has no agency of her own, then again not every writer, fan, editor etc will agree about such a thing, whether they are speaking potentially, consistency wise, feat wise, or some other merit like creatively, comparatively, so on.

C. Why did users start talking about DBZ in here so much? Don't do that or else next time I'll temp ban you. Yes you. There is a reason why DBZ vs Marvel/DC is banned in Battles. Okay peace out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.