Is the DCnU Wonder Woman looking a little more Greek?

Avatar image for jake_fury
Posted by Jake Fury (21943 posts) - - Show Bio

 
She looks a little less American to me in her first issue. Diana has always been pictured as more of an Americanized woman version in my opinion. I like the new design with slightly darker skin and features that remind me more of a Greek/Mediterranean woman. It might just be me though. 
 
 

 
 

WW #1 Preview Image
WW #1 Preview Image

     
 
   

Avatar image for razzatazz
#1 Posted by RazzaTazz (11948 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to me, its just the art style.  Though I agree a more Mediterranean look would be better

Avatar image for super_psycho
#2 Posted by super_psycho (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

Not to me, its just the art style. Though I agree a more Mediterranean look would be better

agreed

Avatar image for fodigg
#3 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

Her face just looks weirdly drawn is all.

Avatar image for billy_batson
#4 Posted by Billy Batson (59951 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly due to the art style.
BB

Avatar image for labarith
#5 Posted by labarith (730 posts) - - Show Bio

See Flash traveled back in time and [insert something] Wonderwoman is latina now. She's a twofer on the Justice League now.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh newsflash: Greeks, Arabs, Iranians all those guys are Caucasian(white)

Avatar image for thegoldenone
#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
@super_psycho said:

@RazzaTazz said:

Not to me, its just the art style. Though I agree a more Mediterranean look would be better

agreed

Avatar image for revamp
#8 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@super_psycho said:

@RazzaTazz said:

Not to me, its just the art style. Though I agree a more Mediterranean look would be better

agreed

Triple agreement deal shizzbang.

Avatar image for mrdirector786
#9 Posted by MrDirector786 (44032 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@super_psycho said:

@RazzaTazz said:

Not to me, its just the art style. Though I agree a more Mediterranean look would be better

agreed

Triple agreement deal shizzbang.

Now it's quadruple agreement. :P

Avatar image for powerherc
#10 Edited by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Do you want it to?

Avatar image for baddamdog
#11 Posted by Baddamdog (2836 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Diana was supposed to look Mediterranean/Greek?

Avatar image for joygirl
#12 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: What.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#13 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:
@TheCrowbar: What.
Wonder Woman can't look less Caucasian. If she's looks more based off of a greek woman(Mediterranean) she's still looking Caucasian.
Avatar image for sc
#14 Posted by SC (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks as Caucasian as ever. 
 
You mean she looks more Mediterranean? Not uncommon for Wonder Woman artists, Nicola Scott in particular liked to try and make Diana look as Greek as possible. I consider current artist is probably following suit, but bet this will change from artist to artist as per usual. 

Moderator Online
Avatar image for crimsonavenger
#15 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks more Greek than before.

Avatar image for stikfigureman2
#16 Posted by stikfigureman2 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

the Mediterranean look is better

Avatar image for ww_fan
#17 Posted by WW-Fan (2873 posts) - - Show Bio

well she is Greek they have little darker skin :)

Avatar image for kainscion
#18 Posted by KainScion (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the face. she looks greek.

Avatar image for erik
#19 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares?

Avatar image for mercy_
#20 Posted by Mercy_ (94775 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her with the Mediterranean features and coloring.

Avatar image for longbowhunter
#21 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:

I always thought Diana was supposed to look Mediterranean/Greek?


Yeah me too.
Avatar image for xlr87t3
#22 Posted by XLR87T3 (6056 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks way hotter witha little tan on that skin. Sexy!

Avatar image for super_psycho
#23 Posted by super_psycho (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks awesome like always

Avatar image for ssejllenrad
#24 Edited by ssejllenrad (13111 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at people thinking a Mediterranean look is not caucasian. Idiot meter just went up.

Avatar image for jake_fury
#25 Posted by Jake Fury (21943 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

Who cares?


Sir, your blatant disregard for my well thought out blog post makes my stomach churn. 
 
 
:P
Avatar image for jake_fury
#26 Posted by Jake Fury (21943 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
LOL at people thinking a Mediterranean look is not caucasian. Idiot meter just went up.

Stay classy.
Avatar image for wdw
#27 Edited by WDW (1557 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

She looks a little less American to me in her first issue. Diana has always been pictured as more of an Americanized woman version in my opinion. I like the new design with slightly darker skin and features that remind me more of a Greek/Mediterranean woman. It might just be me though.

She does look much better to me in the comic... Different Artists have different takes I guess I am not expecting them to keep her looking that way. Anyway I have been working on creating a Wonder Woman character for a private project of mine. This is my take. (PS not finished I know my creation still needs some work. I specifically tried not to make her so American PIE and more GREEK/Mediterranean

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for super_psycho
#28 Posted by super_psycho (2843 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:

@Jake Fury said:

She looks a little less American to me in her first issue. Diana has always been pictured as more of an Americanized woman version in my opinion. I like the new design with slightly darker skin and features that remind me more of a Greek/Mediterranean woman. It might just be me though.

She does look much better to me in the comic... Different Artists have different takes I guess I am not expecting them to keep her looking that way. Anyway I have been working on a creating a Wonder Woman character for a private project of mine. This is my take. (PS not finished I know my creation still needs some work. I specifically tried not to make her so American PIE and more GREEK/Mediterranean

No Caption Provided
Awesome
Avatar image for alexithymia
#29 Posted by Alexithymia (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me, or does Diana's head look tiny in the second image?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.