Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is New Earth/PC Wondy gone for good?

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aside from Battle forums (lol), is there any chance she makes her appearance in comics? Or is it another merge stuff similar to PC Supes and Newperman?

It might be a verge still, it won't matter next year though with G5

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venividivici: in 2020 DC will replace most of their core heroes with new people. New Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. It won't be natural progression either. Like cassie nor donna will be the new Wonder Woman.

Think what Marvel did with Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Just checked it on the net...so, she's going to be replaced by whom? Is there any info concerning the original big three and what's going to happen to them?

Btw, I have a bad feeling about this.

IDK, there is no more info on it then what you researched.

Oh, its going to be bad.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that Superman might be Jonathan Kent while Bats will be Luke Fox (Lucius' son). Those might just be rumours though. There is a lot of speculation on who will replace Diana. The most recent rumour being the Elysian kid Steve Orlando was advertising on his twitter page. On top of having a Greek Myth origin moniker, his outfit is heavily inspired by Wonder woman and Hecate.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Any thoughts on the Elysian dude as a potential new member of the WW-verse

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Any thoughts on the Elysian dude as a potential new member of the WW-verse

New member? fine, whatever, I don't really think she need another new member considering people don't even use the members she already has. But, at least its not Wonder Woman but a guy, like someone else.

Replacing Wonder Woman? nope, not touching that book.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: True. Don't need another wonder woman copy especially when characters like Donna are having a hard time finding an audience. At the moment, the connections to greek mythos are the only thing they (Diana and the Elysian dude) have in common for the most part.

I'm sure the 5G crisis event's ramifications are meant to be short lived before DC establishes a slightly new status quo with the same old characters. I can't see any of the rumored replacements surviving that long.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinffinity: It certainly wont last. After Marvel you'd think DC executives would know better, but then you remember Dan Didio is in charge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mailwam said:

She was never gone in the true sense. It's the same person, just implanted with false memories after Rebirth. Some of the battles she fought might be true, but certainly not all. And personally I think it's best they replace her. I found her personality to be boring.

This!

It's stated the clay origin (post crisis stuff) was false to hide her true origin as daughter of Zeus, indicating they brought it to Post-Flashpoint continuity! It's not just stated at official way that she is the same! But I believe she is, and so should the writters!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.