Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Animated N52 Wonder Woman the toughest WW outside the comics?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ganon15  Online

Poll Is Animated N52 Wonder Woman the toughest WW outside the comics? (31 votes)

Yes 68%
    No 32%
    No Caption Provided

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most definitely. I would also say the one from Crisis on Two Earths and the 2009 film are close ones too.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, going toe to toe with Darkseid during War is definitely a good feat.. So does fighting Trigon to give enough time for the Titans to sealed him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is the toughest. New52 showed us leader ship and combat speed better than others.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I guess so, the new 52 cartoon are basically the same as the comic book for the most part.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say so. Fought Darkseid and was able to take punishment from Trigon for a bit.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah sure, she's very strong but unfortunately also a barbarian oaf

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's awesome and tough, but the same can be said about MOST modern iterations of the character.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ganon15  Online

She's awesome and tough, but the same can be said about MOST modern iterations of the character.

What other outside-the-comics incarnation can stand up to her?

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you only looking for animated incarnations of Wonder Woman? BvS Wonder Woman was impressive against Doomsday.

No Caption Provided

In Comics Doomsday beats the life out of Darksied all while laughing at him.

If this stands in the film universe (which I doubt they will ever address), Wonder Woman's strength, in BvS, may be insurmountable.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ganon15  Online

Are you only looking for animated incarnations of Wonder Woman? BvS Wonder Woman was impressive against Doomsday.

If this stands in the film universe (which I doubt they will ever address), Wonder Woman's strength, in BvS, may be insurmountable.

In other media in general

RayRay1127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15:

I agree with the above. I'd say the live action version is pretty on-par with the impressive feats I saw in JL:War. And I could watch that owning of Superwoman in Crisis endlessly! Only problem I have there is that the lasso is brown in that movie for some reason.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
    TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yes, going toe to toe with Darkseid during War is definitely a good feat.. So does fighting Trigon to give enough time for the Titans to sealed him.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was nothing in BvS that approached the greatness of this.

Loading Video...

In the fight with Darkseid in JL: War she had a lot of help, but the main problem with it was her characterization.

Loading Video...

"Did anyone else notice that the magic-rope (which by the way we'll put aside that this "forcing of truth" is mind-control, something that villains routinely employ) doesn't make him say what he said was false? Remember the rope forces you to speak the truth, so rather than ask if what he said was true, she uses the slight of hand and asks for his truth, which would be more appropriately read as the command to reveal something secret about yourself. And later after this very scene, she, the supposed warrior, trained from birth no less, unsheathes her weapon to point just centimeters from the seller of a vendor's ice-cream because she just liked it so much that she had to draw out a killing implement to make a point of joy. Seriously, if anyone else were whip out a gun from their holster to point at someone, everyone and their grandmother would agree this person is nuts for how little regard they had for weapon safety, so how much more is this amplified for someone who has "supposedly" been trained as a warrior their entire magically-extended life? And you know what really sucks, his form of protest was utterly tasteless and disgusting, and yet I can't help but like him more than what Wonder Woman has been shown to be."

I can't really say that this ^ guy was wrong. In fact he got 15 thumbs-ups. I prefer Wonder Woman from Superman/Batman Apocalypse and Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths to any other depictions outside of comics.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@scorpio_cassadine: The first Clip where Wonder Woman fought the Furies in Apokolips THAT Wonder Woman was AWESOME.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I think so too, but JL:CoTE was just as cool.

Loading Video...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@scorpio_cassadine: YUP YUP. I LOVE watching Wonder Woman fight in Animation.

I actually like her fights in animation.. She honestly shows a lot more skill while fighting in animation compared to her comic counterpart. As in, less brute force punching till her problems go away.

@ganon15:

I agree with the above. I'd say the live action version is pretty on-par with the impressive feats I saw in JL:War. And I could watch that owning of Superwoman in Crisis endlessly! Only problem I have there is that the lasso is brown in that movie for some reason.

It depends. Sometimes her lasso never seems to appear golden unless she starts asking for the truth.

Also, yeah Diana in the Animated New 52 seems really.. unwise and more bloodthirsty.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

YUP YUP. I LOVE watching Wonder Woman fight in Animation.

I actually like her fights in animation.. She honestly shows a lot more skill while fighting in animation compared to her comic counterpart. As in, less brute force punching till her problems go away.

YUP. And I like how it's fluid when she fights. I don't like her flying around and swooping in that's boring we have Superman for that. I like it when she uses her whip and shield. And her kicks are better than her punches....AWESOME.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, as people have said she´s pretty equal if not less of an impressive fighter than the pre52 chick. That wonder woman was a cold ass master of the malay, but she battled more how I´d think of wonder woman. With control, grace and a hypnotic brutality.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ganon15  Online

Bump

lannister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd say that Wonder Woman in Justice League Action is the toughest, she got Superman and Luthor outside of a black hole.

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.