Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

How fast is Wonder Woman?

• 53 results
    kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kadeem

There seems to be no consensus on the site.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Not quite as fast as Superman but around the same general area depending on the source.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

She's faster than light, at her maximum. But, not nearly as fast as Superman.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WDW

Faster than Superman in combat.....Fast enough to nearly enter the speed force while traveling.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Waits for out of context scans and bad math
    Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Blackestnight1

They all have limits on earth so as not to ignite the atmosphere. Superman gets faster as he is closer to yellow sunlight, remove all the light and he'd be as slow as clark kent where as wonderwoman would still have super speed.  But wonderwoman does not have super flight speed. She used to "ride air currents" and got upgraded to flying. She moves super fast, enough to deflect multiple bullets of lasers with her wrists. But that's quickness more than speed. She can run super fast but her flight is not as fast as superman's especially when he is in space near a yellow sun.  I would not put her at light speed. If she can do that then she never uses it.

People say that so and so like superman  is "faster than light" and yet it takes them two hours to travel from the moon to earth, where as light can go from the sun to earth in just 7 minutes.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WDW
    @Blackestnight said:

She moves super fast, enough to deflect multiple bullets of lasers with her wrists. But that's quickness more than speed. She can run super fast but her flight is not as fast as superman's

I agree with this completely
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian

She's nowhere near as fast as Superman or the Flash =P

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd say reaction speed and reflexes just below Flash and Superman but flight speed probably around Martian Manhunter.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @WDW said:
    " @Blackestnight said:

She moves super fast, enough to deflect multiple bullets of lasers with her wrists. But that's quickness more than speed. She can run super fast but her flight is not as fast as superman's

I agree with this completely "

Yea writers probably didnt do great in math class, probably doodling in their books the whole time and obviously dont care to look it up

They always put Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter right under Superman. I would say Martian Manhunter is faster then WW though.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "They always put Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter right under Superman. I would say Martian Manhunter is faster then WW though. "
    Martian is not faster than WW. In fact, his speed has never been played up to that point in the comics. He's fast, yes, but not in the Superman-WW league.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By karrob
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " I'd say reaction speed and reflexes just below Flash and Superman but flight speed probably around Martian Manhunter. "
    I agree
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WDW
    @PrinceIMC said:

" I'd say reaction speed and reflexes just below Flash and Superman but flight speed probably around Martian Manhunter. "

I would have to give Wonder Woman above Superman reaction speed based on quotes and feats.... However, its due to her training and not purely physiological.  Meaning, If Superman were trained to the same level as Wonder Woman he would probably be faster with the reflexes.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#14  Edited By AssertingValor

Shes been shown to run next to jesse quick comfortable.... but there is no way to tell if how fast they were going...
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WDW
    @ebuchanan said:
    " Shes been shown to run next to jesse quick comfortable.... but there is no way to tell if how fast they were going... "
    in that comic she was able to travel fast enough to almost follow Jesse into the speed force.... The reason why she does not use that speed much is because she has no control at that speed... she can only do it in a straight line she cant bank and turn very good if at all going that fast.  I believe Superman can
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @WDW said:
    "@PrinceIMC said:

I would have to give Wonder Woman above Superman reaction speed based on quotes and feats.... However, its due to her training and not purely physiological.  Meaning, If Superman were trained to the same level as Wonder Woman he would probably be faster with the reflexes. "

That's kinda true. And due to his durability there are all kinds of things he doesn't need to catch with his hands he just needs to block with is body.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    "They always put Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter right under Superman. I would say Martian Manhunter is faster then WW though. "
    Martian is not faster than WW. In fact, his speed has never been played up to that point in the comics. He's fast, yes, but not in the Superman-WW league. "

I cant find the scan but i know i have seen one where Jonnz states people forget that he is almost on par with Superman. I cant remember if he said as fast as or as strong as or what but i would guess he is stronger then Wonder Woman
    Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The only limit that has been placed on her, to my knowledge, is that Flash is faster than her but she can easily keep up with his regular speed. She's been shown to easily surpass the speed of sound and once moved so fast people were sure that she went into a dressing room and came out at the same time(which would probably take speeds around the speed of light if not faster). Really I dont think we have a known limit for her besides not being as fast as flash, and id guess also superman(but to a much lesser extent). Really power levels fluctuate and it depends on the writer and the story (if they need to be stronger they will be and if they need to be as fast as something they will be) but i think its safe to say that she's in the upper echelon wrt speed but not as fast as Flash and a little below Superman(at his highest levels at least).

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too fast for Kara currently. She also kept up with Hermes, the supposed god of speed. Although we don't know how fast they were going, one can assume they were going pretty fast.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Yeah, it also depends on the versions too. Flashpoint Wonder Woman is as fast as Wally West and Post-Crisis had crazy speed levels. I guess New 52 Wonder Woman might gain so more speed feats over time.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@somayareece said:

@saint_sophie: Yeah, it also depends on the versions too. Flashpoint Wonder Woman is as fast as Wally West and Post-Crisis had crazy speed levels. I guess New 52 Wonder Woman might gain so more speed feats over time.

IIRC, Azz said on twitter Current Diana's suppose to be faster than Post Crisis Wonder Woman. And she probably will get better speed feats over time i guess. It's been only 4 years in the New 52. Most of Diana's more noteworthy feats Pre 52 came around early-mid 2000s iirc.

Also, FP WW being as fast as Wally? I'll have to reread it, but I'm not so sure Wally was even going all out on that one or going as fast at his full potential. After all, even when he subdued her he held back. He did only hit her skull at half the speed of light yet he can go and thus hit much faster than half the speed of light.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Dokotsuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WDW

@dokotsuchi: Speed feat Wonder Woman Plus Jesse Quick Vol 1 1

No Caption Provided

WONDER WOMAN FASTER IN COMBAT confirmed by Batman

No Caption Provided

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We haven't actually had too many notable speed feats for Wonder Woman in the Rebirth era. She's been able to keep up with Superman in travel speed, block heat vision before Flash could dodge it and blitz Superman in a recent Justice League issue, but that's about it.

Artmin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is fast but she has never been as fast as the Flash or Superman, both of them have demonstrated, on numerous occasions the ability to vibrate their molecules so fast that they can pass though solid object, Wonder Woman has never demonstrated that level of speed, so I think the writer who wrote that who is faster Bolt or Lee is obviously a kid who needs to do his homework.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they just keep nerfing her and amping superman

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slower than the Flash and Supes

But she is still quite quick nevertheless

Chenry1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcomicsfan: What’s the issue or scan where she blitzes Superman? I’d love to see

DComicsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chenry1986: Justice League (2018) Issue 49. Superman is about to try to block what he thinks are energy blasts from a space cannon or something and Wonder Woman blitzes him to move him out of the way, as the blasts are actually the souls of departed Throtha, the alien race of that particular story.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
    NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#31  Edited By NamelessMonster

Not as fast as her wankers think she is.

OT: Assuming it's travel speed Probably 1/3 of Speed of Light.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
    NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#33  Edited By NamelessMonster

Wonder Woman scaling to statements without any feat to back this up. everything normal.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gunchar16

@namelessmonster said:

Not as fast as her wankers think she is.

OT: Assuming it's travel speed Probably 1/3 of Speed of Light.

@namelessmonster said:

Wonder Woman scaling to statements without any feat to back this up. everything normal.

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman literally outspeeded half the speed of light Jesse Quick in Wonder Woman Plus Jesse Quick with her flying speed and ran besides her while at the same time changing clothes, why can't you uninformed trolls not at least just poison the battle forum instead of also the character forums with your silly nonsense?

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
    deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She cant even dodge a bullet

She parries/deflects bullets with ease, though.

Kymilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cognitive

@thewalterwhite: Faster than light? When? I mean combat-wise she definitely isn't.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relativistic speed, below light speed

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
    deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cognitive: she has scaling feats and not like Superman but she does tag kryptonians in combat who do have ftl feats. She can react to ftl characters but she lacks travel/movement speeds. And I said at her maximum. That's where I put her limits.

ANGELICA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Subsonic at best

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.