Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Help Support my Tweet to Patty Jenkins Please?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

@GailSimone @PattyJenks @GalGadot #MerryChristmas #thx ww top 10 superhero movies of all time. #How WW2 could best Dark Knight.Cast @realrebeccahall as awesome LGBT villain Alkyone and make TheCircle/eyes of gorgan movie. @ruckawriter

I have tweeted Patty Jenkins in hope I can inspire her to think about basing Wonder Woman 2 on The Circle and Eyes Of The Gorgan graphic novels. These are two of WW´s most underrated and epic stories and I think if Patty used this source material it could solidify the Wonder Woman franchise as on par with even The Dark Knight trilogy.

I have also suggested Alkyone be played by none other than the woman who was last seen playing one of Wonder Woman´s creators Rebecca Hall.

No Caption Provided

Please support my tweet so Patty, Gal and Rebecca might see it.

Thanks guys and Merry Christmas to all. ;)

https://twitter.com/MokuoluJp/status/945738875657506817

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know the stories but I think that Patty and Gal need to try to keep Wonder Woman out of any future Justice League movies. Wonder Woman's future movies' box office success will be diminished by each succeeding Justice League disaster.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

I don't know the stories but I think that Patty and Gal need to try to keep Wonder Woman out of any future Justice League movies. Wonder Woman's future movies' box office success will be diminished by each succeeding Justice League disaster.

true. they really dropped the ball woth her in justice league.

I´m starting to think wonder woman really either can be written by women, minorities or gay men or at least someone who feels like an outsider. I never used to think that. But every time a men try and write or direct her, they do violence to the mythos. Its like they can´t help it.

It doesn´t help that DC is run by Batman and Superman fanboys, so blinded by their love that they can´t see that wonder woman is everybit equal to them and her mythos just as archetypical and primal.

The reason I wanted Patty to see this is I know she is probably mainly a fan of the Lynda Carter series. You can even see that in the film she made. I also think that the people at DC advising her on what to read of WW are probably pushing her toward new stuff. Where as the best writers on WW as every real wonder woman fan knowa were Greg Rucka, George Perrez and Gail Simone.

I personally think having Cheetah as the main villain in WW2 will sink the movie. Cheetah would be great for Suicide Squad, but as Wonder Woman´s main villain in her second outing will suck. Even if she doesn´t take my idea, maybe she´ll take inspiration from something better than the New 52 or current runs.

I´m trying as a Wonder Woman fan to gently steer her in the direction of WW´s most epic runs.

Please help. ;)

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueThemyscira

@jphulk26: im pretty sure cheetah is going to be the main villain the sequel...which i don't support.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: im pretty sure cheetah is going to be the main villain the sequel...which i don't support.

If DC had any brains they would put Cheetah in Suicide Squad 2 and have a cameo by Wonder Woman in it.

WW has one of the most underrated Rogues Gallery's and has some great stories to draw from for a sequel. I think the great thing about having Alkyone as the villain is they could explore Themyscira a lot more.

I also would love to see her face Medusa and have to fight her while blindfolded to really show off her combat prowess. I also think the scene of her blinding herself to save herself, will be every bit as iconic as the No Man's Land scene if done properly.

But since I'm getting no support, I don't think this idea will be getting to Patty anytime soon, unfortunately. :(

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhhhhhh

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Signed and tweeted. Its really alarming how DC treats an Icon like Wonder Woman for 75 years. and gets away with it.

Sell Wonder Woman to Disney or Marvel and make a Billion Batman and Superman series

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.