Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8532 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Greg Capullo: Wonder Woman What's next Poll

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Super-Wonder

Check out @GregCapullo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/status/926524182032248832?s=09

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So Greg has given fans some options of what you would like to see next from Snyder & Pullo and look like Wonder Woman is in his cross hairs.

Personally I would rather that they stay away from Wonder Woman all together. While I do enjoy Capullo's art style its not something that I would care to see on the Wonder Woman title. Snyder's writing I can do without all together.

But that's just me. What are your thoughts on this?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough one, Scott Snyder is a pretty good writer I'll admit, if a little pretentious, but I don't like his ideas concerning Wonder Woman so I'm on the fence

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough one, Scott Snyder is a pretty good writer I'll admit, if a little pretentious, but I don't like his ideas concerning Wonder Woman so I'm on the fence

This. I'd have to know what they are thinking before they start anything. Like how powerful they'll make her, what they want to focus on; Gods and Monsters or SYFI etc..., villains they like for her.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By dshipp17

I'm neutral, as I'm a bit busy to be reading many comics at this time; but, I did vote for them taking on Wonder Woman on his Twitter; any writer is a bust for me, if there are no plans for bringing in and updating Dr. Psycho, short of someone doing things of the nature seen by Marston, Messner-Loebs, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Matt Wagner, Gail Simone's Secret Six treatment doubled, etc; unless it's downright awful or something intended for children, simply bringing Dr. Psycho into the Wonder Woman book and modernizing him, somewhat as a sympathetic character, would be an instant success, or, at least the shortest and easiest course/path towards it; absent Dr. Psycho, something genus and outside of the box would be necessary; perhaps something like male Morlocks being discriminated against and Wonder Woman coming to their aid as a comforter; and, of course, significantly toning down the focus on the Greek Mythology. Silver Swan is getting there, though, but not quite, obviously because of Wonder Woman's background from an all female island.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Archizooom

@masterwitcher88: He said he's got a Wonder Woman story that he wants to tell which he described as "Hellboy meets Captain America" and jokingly said he'd call it "Wonder Woman: Badass", take that as you will. I think he'd lean towards Gods and Monsters...

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: sounds....intresting. Seems action packed, could be a nice change of pace.

More concerning is how he's portrayed her in his stories. Though you could argue he did it to make BM look good. His "helmet of war" idea was cool hope that stays and that he used gorgon venom as a weekness during the intro with Mongol but, everything else? idk.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well I appreciate Capullo for his bluntness. Snyder's been stringing fans along on Twitter lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Snyder has said he has a Wonder Woman story he wanted to write during the New 52 phase and now Capullo has expressed interest in Wonder Woman, this seems like their next joint project. Wonder Woman is a hot commodity at the moment and the fanfare would be similar to Snyder being announced as the writer for Superman Unchained. I was excited at first when I heard Snyder would be writing Unchained, though that was mainly because I was desperate for a good Superman comic after Morrison's Action Comics run finished. Snyder is a tad pretentious and his desire to needlessly reinvent characters does more harm than good. Plus he has yet to write a good ending for his DC portfolio.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Tomasi wrote the Merciless, I don't know whether Snyder gave him a logline but he didn't get credit for the story. Personally I hope we've seen the last of this "Helmet of War", the implication is that Ares needs to multiply his power by a whopping HUNDRED times to attempt a War of that magnitude, I don't like that

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: True, now that I think about it that is a bad implication.

We probably are going to have Snyder and Capullo after Robinson anyway. Unless Johns has final say in the matter.

Their story couldn't be as annoying as what Robinson is doing. They may even kill Jason, that would make me love them.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By masterwitcher88

@agent41 said:

It's annoying?. I think it's too early to tell.

I simply do not like Jason, I barely know his character and I still don't like him, whenever he's on panel it annoys me(could be artwork I'll admit but still). He's not needed, there is no point for him. Diana has one solo title and the main story is focused on him, a character I whole heartedly believe no one wanted. Why? because he was tacked on at the end of Darkseid War as some big reveal not only that he's the "chosen one". He was made from the beginning to hate, at least for me. He's two really dumb cliques wrapped up together.

I'll hold off on my overall opinion of the story once its done, but as of right now nothing Robinson has done interests me.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@masterwitcher88: Tomasi wrote the Merciless, I don't know whether Snyder gave him a logline but he didn't get credit for the story. Personally I hope we've seen the last of this "Helmet of War", the implication is that Ares needs to multiply his power by a whopping HUNDRED times to attempt a War of that magnitude, I don't like that

Tomasi scripted the Merciless(dialogue, how the character goes from point A to B) but the basic plot and idea came from Snyder, whether that's a plus or a negative boils down to one's opinion I guess.

@lvenger said:

Snyder has said he has a Wonder Woman story he wanted to write during the New 52 phase and now Capullo has expressed interest in Wonder Woman, this seems like their next joint project. Wonder Woman is a hot commodity at the moment and the fanfare would be similar to Snyder being announced as the writer for Superman Unchained. I was excited at first when I heard Snyder would be writing Unchained, though that was mainly because I was desperate for a good Superman comic after Morrison's Action Comics run finished. Snyder is a tad pretentious and his desire to needlessly reinvent characters does more harm than good. Plus he has yet to write a good ending for his DC portfolio.

From what I understand Snyder wanted to do WW but Capullo wanted to do ST. Snyder has already worked on Swamp Thing so I guess this poll was made to see which project fans would rather like to see them on.

I'm surprised ST has a major lead, I would rather Tom King and Capullo did something with ST and Snyder wrote WW with another artist.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Wonder Woman and Swamp Thing are not the only projects they have in mind. Snyder has been asking fans for their opinion on what he and Capullo should do next. It might be that they've stopped on those two characters but I doubt. It seems more of a slight hint of the direction they're headed rather than the characters they will actually be using.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand Snyder wanted to do WW but Capullo wanted to do ST. Snyder has already worked on Swamp Thing so I guess this poll was made to see which project fans would rather like to see them on.

I'm surprised ST has a major lead, I would rather Tom King and Capullo did something with ST and Snyder wrote WW with another artist.

They could just use ST in WW's title. I'm sure based on what Snyder wants to do, ST can play a role in the overall run.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88: Careful what you wish for, his Wonder Woman is very much the sword-bearing-warrior type...

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @archizooom said:

@masterwitcher88: Careful what you wish for, his Wonder Woman is very much the sword-bearing-warrior type...

That has been many people's WW since stupid N52. brain is partially to blame Making her daughter of zeus, gave writers with lack of imagination the oportunity to make her a female hercules. Let's see if they show us Diana the powerhouse(without weapons) and peace making now. They promised great things, we'll see.

Sword-bearing is fine when the time calls for it. My main issue is the warrior without a code (No honor, wisdom, generosity, valor, and compassion) and being a completely emotional wreak(angry, bloodthirsty, crying, acting like a child etc).

Another problem, I can say based on what we've seem from Snyder's WW that she may not be that big of a powerhouse. You could argue it was to make BM look good and the whole "Lasso of Lies" thing implying the only way to stop Diana is to make her believe she's won but, that plays against Diana's feats of resisting Godtier illusions.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

N52 was a new continuity, so they can say that it affects her N52 version. If i keep seeing writers acting like she is not a real threat without weapons, I will recomend them to suck Marston's......, because it's ironic to talk so much about oh she is a self empowerment icon, a woman that can hang with the big boys, and don't show it. If they are scared of having an A list woman in the spotlight doing powerhpuse things(like she always used to do), and even in her own comic, then go away cowards. This is 2017.

That's about what you can expect from Scott Snyder

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I'd love to see Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo take on a Wonder Woman, Scott Snyder is a captivating writer, and Greg Capullo is one of the best artist in the industry.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @archizooom said:
    @agent41 said:

N52 was a new continuity, so they can say that it affects her N52 version. If i keep seeing writers acting like she is not a real threat without weapons, I will recomend them to suck Marston's......, because it's ironic to talk so much about oh she is a self empowerment icon, a woman that can hang with the big boys, and don't show it. If they are scared of having an A list woman in the spotlight doing powerhpuse things(like she always used to do), and even in her own comic, then go away cowards. This is 2017.

That's about what you can expect from Scott Snyder

Then he has no idea about her character, and is being sexist in my opinion.

Swamp Thing won anyway but who knows what could happen.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Archizooom

@agent41: Just to give you an idea of how strong she is under Snyder's pen, using Superman as the measuring stick, he trashed the Justice Buster where Wonder Woman didn't so much as make a dent in it. In Unchained, he defused twice as many nukes as Wonder Woman within the same time frame and he may be matching her against Ra's Al Ghul in Metal #4

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would love Capullo on any title outside of Batman. I want to see how his art would work on other characters.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I think his vision for the Trinity is that Batman's the brains, Superman is brawn and Wonder Woman is the warrior where she's all about weapons and skill on the battlefield, war is her bailiwick

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: @agent41: Now I hope he doesn't go anywhere near Diana. Capullo's artwork thoughts?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Archizooom

@masterwitcher88: He's not in my top10 comic book artists I'd like to see take on Wonder Woman but I find his artwork very pleasing to the eye and I'd welcome it with open arms

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I trust his abilities as a writer. He'd do a great job. Besides it can't be worse than what most of her writers have done with her.

GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.