Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Gina Carano as JUSTICE LEAGUE's Wonder Woman Speculation

• 132 results
    War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By War07

Rumors persist that Wonder Woman could make a surprise appearance in Man of Steel, perhaps in a post-closing credits cameo similar to the recent Marvel cinematic universe films. If so, there may have been Warner Bros. screen tests to see if Carano had chemistry with Cavill, which could’ve been where the two first met one another.

Even if the Man of Steel cameo doesn’t happen, it’s possible Carano tested with Cavill for Justice League just to see if she was right for the role of Wonder Woman. Man of Steel director Zack Snyder made comments back in November that it made sense for Cavill to reprise Superman for Justice League. “I don’t know how Justice League is going to be handled,” said Snyder, “but Man of Steel exists and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”

Read the full article here:

http://charlesskaggs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/gina-carano-as-justice-leagues-wonder.html

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I doubt this news because there is no director for Justice League attached yet.

Also, I want Gemma Arterton for Wonder Woman.

Gemma Arterton
    Gemma Arterton

Gemma Arterton is a beautiful, talented, young actress who can really do badass, sweet girl, and humor--the keys to a Wonder Woman or Justice League film. She even did some badass stunts for her role in Prince of Persia. Oh, and she has a pretty sexy British accent (the standard accent for foreign cultures and fantasy films in Hollywood). And she can look mediterranean.

Her youth (she's in her mid-twenties) helps because it means she can do 3 Wonder Woman films and 3 Justice League films. She's willing to shoot on location, she's inexpensive right now, and she has already proven that she can do swords and sandals types of movies.

Gemma is my number one choice.

Her resume includes:

Prince of Persia

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters

Byzantium

Clash of the Titans

Quantum of Solace

Tess of D'Ubervilles

RocknRolla

As for the other Justice League members:

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkman61288

They should get an unknown.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4  Edited By lorex

I think Gina Carano would be as good a choice as any to play Wonder Woman. She has the athletic look we expect to see in a WW, she is fairly tall, and has some butkicking cred with the fans already with her MMA record and Haywire. It would not be hard to sell her as someone that can trade punched with supervillians. I know that is not all that goes into making those kind of decisions but I think she could fill the role.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkman61288

Some people just want her as WW because she is dating Henry Cavill. It is the same people who love the SM/WW romance.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Superdork

At the end of the day, Gina Carano cannot act. Yes, I've seen Haywire.

Team Gemma Arterton.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Team Bridget Regan.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

I will forever be behind Jodi Lyn O Keefe as Wonder Woman

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By War07

@OutlawRenegade: You watch her movie haywire she looks exactly like wonderwoman and knows how to fight.Its true she cant act but it will improve!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpffbDjWlog

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think Carano is very plain looking

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SandMan_

I don't know :/

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Squalleon

@darkman61288 said:

Some people just want her as WW because she is dating Henry Cavill. It is the same people who love the SM/WW romance.

i love the Sm/WW and i dont want her as Wonder Woman

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

WW 's an amazon so I want one. Gina has the physical skills and look and can work on her acting. I don't want a 5'6" 120 lb pretty girl playing a woman who can go toe to toe with Supes. CGI can only do so much then it becomes insulting.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Didn't DC already debunk this? This rumor was probably either started by Carino''s camp or some WW/SM shipper. Seriously, I don't know why people want her as WW. Sure, she looks similar to WW, but she's not that great of an actress.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superdork

@War07 said:

@OutlawRenegade: You watch her movie haywire she looks exactly like wonderwoman and knows how to fight.Its true she cant act but it will improve!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpffbDjWlog

Acting comes first. Always. This is not the 1980s.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I think Carano is very plain looking

Same.

@WaveMotionCannon said:

WW 's an amazon so I want one. Gina has the physical skills and look and can work on her acting. I don't want a 5'6" 120 lb pretty girl playing a woman who can go toe to toe with Supes. CGI can only do so much then it becomes insulting.

That's why we invented gyms. Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans, Bale, Jackman, and every other superhero actor has had to use them to get buff. They weren't born that way. I imagine that whoever plays Wonder Woman would also have to do a workout program. She wouldn't be exempt due to her ladyhood.

Team Arterton.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By lorex

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Didn't DC already debunk this? This rumor was probably either started by Carino''s camp or some WW/SM shipper. Seriously, I don't know why people want her as WW. Sure, she looks similar to WW, but she's not that great of an actress.

Thats true, but I will point out if a if the Justice League movie does happen whoever is cast as WW will not have to carry the movie. Think about how much dialogue Scarlet Johansson has in Avengers. Granted Johansson is a much more established actress than Carino but Justice League is not going to be Pride and Prejudice it will be a superhero action movie. The amount dialogue is probable going to be small so I think finding an actress that can convincingly pull off the physical part of the role should be equally as important as acting.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilben42
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@War07: @WaveMotionCannon: Gina does not look like Wonder Woman much but Olivia Wilde does.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superdork

@lorex said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Thats true, but I will point out if a if the Justice League movie does happen whoever is cast as WW will not have to carry the movie. Think about how much dialogue Scarlet Johansson has in Avengers. Granted Johansson is a much more established actress than Carino but Justice League is not going to be Pride and Prejudice it will be a superhero action movie. The amount dialogue is probable going to be small so I think finding an actress that can convincingly pull off the physical part of the role should be equally as important as acting.

1) Johanssen didn't have that many lines, but she had to seel the audience on her past, which she did.

2)Whoever plays Wonder Woman in the Justice League film will almost undoubtedly play her in the Wonder Woman film. WB wants a cohesive universe now. I really cannot see Carano being great in either film--but especially the solo one.

3)The physical part of acting for guys is always going to the gym and doing some martial arts training. Why should it be different for a girl? You don't need to cast the female version of Sylvester Stallone. That's a bad idea. Acting first.

4)Arterton does her own stunts, can act, and looks the part.

/thread

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superdork

@lilben42: Gemma Arterton as Diana of Themyscira

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lilben42

@Superdork: I don't see it.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Aiden Cross

Look wise it could work i guess. But i haven't seen her act in anything so i can't comment on that, from the looks of it she doesn't have an extensive acting career yet. I'm still with the people that said Gemma Arterton though ^_^.

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By War07

@lilben42: Olivia doesnt look like wonderwoman at all!!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Superdork

@lilben42: How can you not?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Superdork said:

@lorex said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

1) Johanssen didn't have that many lines, but she had to seel the audience on her past, which she did.

2)Whoever plays Wonder Woman in the Justice League film will almost undoubtedly play her in the Wonder Woman film. WB wants a cohesive universe now. I really cannot see Carano being great in either film--but especially the solo one.

3)The physical part of acting for guys is always going to the gym and doing some martial arts training. Why should it be different for a girl? You don't need to cast the female version of Sylvester Stallone. That's a bad idea. Acting first.

4)Arterton does her own stunts, can act, and looks the part.

/thread

Well, Superdork said a lot of what I was going to say. I will add that Johanson actually did a lot in the Avengers. She had the third highest screen time of all the superheroes and had the most unbroken dialogue. http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/how-much-screen-time-does-each-avenger-get.html

I would also add that even if WW isn't carrying the movie or will even get little talking time (which I doubt), that doesn't justify getting an actress that isn't good enough. While I don't think Carino is as bad as the actor that played Sabretooth in the first X-Men movie, I think he shows that a bad actor can ruin scenes even if they don't have many.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Vortex13

@WaveMotionCannon said:

My sister weighs 125 and she can kick the ass of guys twice her size, and that's not conjecture I've seen her do it. It wasn't like street fights but wrestling for fun and trust me, the guys were not holding back lol.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deaditegonzo

@Squalleon said:

@darkman61288 said:

i love the Sm/WW and i dont want her as Wonder Woman

Same here. Everyone seems to want a barbarian to play Wonder Woman, id focus on making her look feminine. I never heard anyone complaining that Scar Jo didnt look physically capable as Black Widow. Id find someone who was beautiful, graceful, exotic, and then make pack a huge punch in a smaller package. The visual contradiction would only add to her character imo. Besides, its easier to get a GOOD actress and have her bulk up, than to teach an MMA fighter to act.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lilben42

@War07: haha yes she does. They have the some facial outline, the same cheek bones the only things that are different is the eyes and skin tone.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vortex13

@lilben42 said:

@War07: haha yes she does. They have the some facial outline, the same cheek bones the only things that are different is the eyes and skin tone.

I honestly don't see it either to be honest. Also it actually depends on who draws her lol. I do like Olivia Wilde as an actress but I don't think she could pull off Wonder Woman. I don't know why I feel that way I just don't. Plus you only posted on drawing of Wonder Woman that vaguely resembles her and a fan made picture to put Olivia Wilde as the character.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Superdork

@lilben42: Wilde is more of a Zatanna. She doesn't look like Wonder Woman. The fan images you posted don't make your case.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Captain13

Gemma Arterton is the best choice.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @OutlawRenegade said:

I doubt this news because there is no director for Justice League attached yet.

Also, I want Gemma Arterton for Wonder Woman.

Gemma Arterton
    Gemma Arterton

Gemma Arterton is a beautiful, talented, young actress who can really do badass, sweet girl, and humor--the keys to a Wonder Woman or Justice League film. She even did some badass stunts for her role in Prince of Persia. Oh, and she has a pretty sexy British accent (the standard accent for foreign cultures and fantasy films in Hollywood). And she can look mediterranean.

Her youth (she's in her mid-twenties) helps because it means she can do 3 Wonder Woman films and 3 Justice League films. She's willing to shoot on location, she's inexpensive right now, and she has already proven that she can do swords and sandals types of movies.

Gemma is my number one choice.

Her resume includes:

Prince of Persia

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters

Byzantium

Clash of the Titans

Quantum of Solace

Tess of D'Ubervilles

RocknRolla

As for the other Justice League members:

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @lilben42 said:
          @War07: @WaveMotionCannon: Gina does not look like Wonder Woman much but Olivia Wilde does.

Not at all....
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Magian

Not really seeing it. Gemma Anterton on the other hand...

@Vance Astro said:

@lilben42 said:

Not at all....

Agreed.

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jodez

If you want a Wonder Woman look no further than Minka Kelly :

No Caption Provided
    War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By War07

@Vortex13: Finally someone agrees with me Olivia Wilde cant pull off a wonderwoman!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Gambit1024

No thanks to Gina, even if she is insanely hot.

Gemma ftw.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vortex13

@War07 said:

@Vortex13: Finally someone agrees with me Olivia Wilde cant pull off a wonderwoman!!

Uh, I said the exact opposite....

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lilben42

@Vortex13: I mean yeah she looks like her but I dont think she has ever played anything close to a wonder woman type character. I mean anne hathaway pulled off catwoman when everybody said she couldnt so you never really know.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Captain13

@Vortex13: @War07: I think one of you is misreading the other. Aren't you both saying "no" to Wilde, or am I misreading one of you?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jphulk26

NOOOOO TO GENA AND GEMMA

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vortex13

@Captain13: Upon closer expection I was misreading him, I didn't notice the "T" at the end of "can" which obviously means that he is saying she can't pull it off lol.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Captain13

@jphulk26: But, as shown in this thread numerous times, Gemma would be a great choice. She has the looks, the acting skills, the age, and with some gym time she'll be able to look a little more muscular, but not to the point where it's unattractive.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jphulk26

@Captain13 said:

@jphulk26: But, as shown in this thread numerous times, Gemma would be a great choice. She has the looks, the acting skills, the age, and with some gym time she'll be able to look a little more muscular, but not to the point where it's unattractive.

what acting skills, she hasn´t proven anything in her acting skills to me. she just looks like ww.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Captain13

@jphulk26: She was great in Price of Persia, RocknRolla, and Quantum of Solace. Even if you didn't like those films, you have to admit that she has always been a convincing actress when she has been in role.

Amazon

Princess

See, you can believe that she could be Wonder Woman even if she hasn't been in the best films. Daniel Craig wasn't in anything good before James Bond, so...

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By War07

@Captain13: What I am saying is she would be horrible as Wonderwoman!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@War07 said:

@Captain13: What I am saying is she would be horrible as Wonderwoman!

Yeah, you're right! Wilde is not a good choice.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

She certainly has the look for the role but I gotta say I wasn't a fan of her acting abilities in Haywire.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lilben42

@deaditegonzo: Like Olivia right??

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
    @k4tzm4n:  
    @OutlawRenegade:  
    @Captain13:  
    @jphulk26: Heres the best Wonder woman rendition Guys
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.