Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Full Wonder Woman Pilot Leaked

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WDW

Not sure if this is appropriate for comicvine but just wanted to share that The full WW Pilot is on torrent sites. I have not finished downloading so I can not confirm myself but a lot of sources confirm that it is legit. 

EDIT: the copy is legit. I found the pilot entertaining

Do a google search for  

Wonder Woman 2011 Pilot.m4v 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's okay to talk about it, just don't link to it.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WDW
    @xerox-kitty:  ok great thanks
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Shadowdoggy

hmmmmmmmmmmm I'm very interested in hearing your opinion on this when and if you watch it.............
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Batcrow

I've seen it :) 
    I think it's going to get very mixed reviews when more people see it because of some violence (I didn't mind it esp. since they cut out scenes like that in the finished episode anyway. It was rational too, since she was mad for a reason.). 
    The action scenes are great, which the Lynda Carter version definitely could have used. I really liked the use of the lasso mid-combat.  

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WDW

finished watching;

Just going to spew out my quick thoughts and watch again LOL.

This show did not need to be cancelled. It did not deserve the negative press. I enjoyed it. Nice modern take on Wonder Woman. Was it perfect? no... what show is?

I think so many people will look for all the little flaws and miss the point of the show....  Which is... What if Wonder Woman was a real person? What would she really be like?

Her running the company and The costume design is neatly explained in the show so I did not mind if she was in shorts or pants.... if they were shiny or dull her costume makes sense if you watch the pilot. Her Company did not feel like a rip off of Wayne Enterprise in any way.

I got more insight to the inner workings of Diana's mind in this one episode then in all of her comics written  I cared about her as a person and felt her pain (kind of)

Adrianna Looked stunning as Diana especially when she was Diana Theymisciara...... STUNNING!!

The show certainly does not replace all the Wonder Woman history.... in comics. It just adds another flavour to the character which is certainly not farfetched if you regularly read her comics.... 

This show was made for TV and it was good in that regard

Wonder Woman's character in the show was closest to RUCKA's Wonder Woman than any other versions in the comic.

If this show got picked up I would expect a loyal Smallville like following for the show.. and certainly new Fans of Wonder Woman would emerge...A lot of die hard Wonder Woman comic book fans will not like the show if they are expecting a carbon copy comic-book translation.  

Don't watch the pilot with the mind set of what Wonder Woman would do in comics because you will be disappointed. And don't take the show too seriously.

OH and watch it a few times to checkout all the interesting Themysciara artwork decorating the various rooms in her company

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

Cool. I'm going to check it out now.

EDIT: Just finished it. I thought it was okay. I might watch it a few more times and make a small review or something.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786
    @WDW
    If we're lucky and enough people watch the pilot and like it, they could possibly decide to continue with the show. But the chances of that happening are most likely very small.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WDW
    @MrDirector786: I watched it like 6 times :P... I think because I was starving for anything WW live action. I just wish this show had a fair shot.... I was really entertained and I  want more. I  am probably too bias to properly review it. I hope more people watch it in full so I can see what they think about it. Especially people not really familiar with Wonder Woman.

Very slim chance on the show being completed. I believe NBC decided not to finish the pilot and air it  due to the fact that if they air it they would have to pay Warner Bros a large licencing fee for the Wonder Woman trademark. I am pretty sure that is the reason why the pilot script was leaked all around the internet by NBC.....They wanted to see fan reaction before they commit to paying the fee....Thats a theory of mine :)
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Caligula

I'm going to watch it. I want to see the abomination.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Caligula

nevermind, that is a torrent. I'd rather not do that. If it was on youtube I would. But I'm not going to torrent this.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theicon
    @MrDirector786: link me please
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @WDW: Thank you for this, you rock
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WDW
    @Caligula said:
    nevermind, that is a torrent. I'd rather not do that. If it was on youtube I would. But I'm not going to torrent this.
    It will never be on youtube trust me.... Warner Bros does not want this aired
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Caligula
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    can't blame them, I haven't seen it, but judging on the screen-shots. it looked pretty bad, and unfatihful.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WDW
    @Caligula said:
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    can't blame them, I haven't seen it, but judging on the screen-shots. it looked pretty bad, and unfatihful.
    Unfaithful?.... Somewhat depending on what aspect of Wonder Woman you like...... but the pilot is certainly not BAD.... unless unfaithful automatically translates to BAD for you.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Caligula
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    Unfaithful?.... Somewhat depending on what aspect of Wonder Woman you like...... but the pilot is certainly not BAD.... unless unfaithful automatically translates to BAD for you.
    no unfaithful doesn't translate to bad. I mean Liked the DD movie.

But the woman who was cast doesn't feel like diana, also veronica cale was a stupid villain choice, why not one of her better enemies, why is it so focused on her in a city, the costume looks dumb.

I have a lot of issues with what I've heard.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WDW
    @Caligula said:

@WDW said:

@Caligula said:
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    no unfaithful doesn't translate to bad. I mean Liked the DD movie.  But the woman who was cast doesn't feel like diana, also veronica cale was a stupid villain choice, why not one of her better enemies, why is it so focused on her in a city, the costume looks dumb.  I have a lot of issues with what I've heard.
    Adrianne Palicki was the best part of the pilot in my opinion.

The way the costume looks in the pilot is explained  in the pilot. I found explanation satisfactory.

Since this was supposed to be a TV series The choice of villains is really a moot point since more can always be added. She defeated Veronica in the pilot

Anyway based on your comments I think you are expecting a nice comicbook adaption which this is not.....The pilot had a Smallville vibe to it.  It was not perfect but I was entertained..  I dont expect hardcore WW fans to like it much
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Caligula
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    no unfaithful doesn't translate to bad. I mean Liked the DD movie.  But the woman who was cast doesn't feel like diana, also veronica cale was a stupid villain choice, why not one of her better enemies, why is it so focused on her in a city, the costume looks dumb.  I have a lot of issues with what I've heard.
    Adrianne Palicki was the best part of the pilot in my opinion.  The way the costume looks in the pilot is explained  in the pilot. I found explanation satisfactory.  Since this was supposed to be a TV series The choice of villains is really a moot point since more can always be added. She defeated Veronica in the pilot   Anyway based on your comments I think you are expecting a nice comicbook adaption which this is not.....The pilot had a Smallville vibe to it.  It was not perfect but I was entertained.
    see I didn't like Smallville either, so this probably wasn't up my alley.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WDW
    @Caligula: Yeah I don't think it would be.... I dont like smallville either. I dont think smallville is a bad show I just dont like superman all that much....However the Smallville and the Wonder Woman pilot feel like they share the same universe.

I can tell you this Wonder Woman is a bad ass for the most part in the pilot....and does not mind breaking the rules to get what she wants. If you have not seen it yet in the clips, The fight scene she has was pretty good :P most people that saw it can't deny that.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Caligula
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula: Yeah I don't think it would be.... I dont like smallville either. I dont think smallville is a bad show I just dont like superman all that much....However the Smallville and the Wonder Woman pilot feel like they share the same universe. I can tell you this Wonder Woman is a bad ass for the most part in the pilot....and does not mind breaking the rules to get what she wants. If you have not seen it yet in the clips, The fight scene she has was pretty good :P most people that saw it can't deny that.
    yeah I saw a clip. it was pretty good fight choreography. I just can't get behind the rest of it, much like smallville.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Timandm

Dang... It was actually not bad.  maybe even good... I found myself liking it...

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Press Oblivion
    @WDW said:

@MrDirector786: I watched it like 6 times :P... I think because I was starving for anything WW live action. I just wish this show had a fair shot.... I was really entertained and I  want more. I  am probably too bias to properly review it. I hope more people watch it in full so I can see what they think about it.

Thanks for the heads up! I just finished watching it at a friends house and I have to say that I loved it. The action was great, Adrianna was solid so I think that this really had potential. The truth justice and the American way line was a nice touch. The bit at the end with Cale being there in person was a little odd but the scene of the two of them facing off was nothing short of HOT!. 

I thought this was  a great characterization of Wonder Woman and it's a shame that this wasn't picked up.
    StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#24  Edited By StarKiller809
    @WDW: I loved it too. I though the last part where she makes her Facebook and her only friend is Sylverster. That was sad. This should have got picked up.
    MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrSeaman70

Wonder Woman.... She's the woman who wonders a lot :)
    Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hoboseid

Wonder Woman pilot is great!

Pepsiguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pepsiguy2

all the links onlnie are dead now :/

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WDW
    @Pepsiguy2 said:
    I have mixed feeling about that. Its WB right to block the show from being distributed..... but I am sad this show was not properly aired so people can judge for themselves. The show REALLY did not need to be cancelled. I thought it was pretty good
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle

Add Police Cars--                  LOL

This was way better than I thought it would be, too bad about it getting cancelled

I always enjoy different interpretations of a characters story, and this one was great. Definitely more down to earth and realistic.....good stuff

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sydpart2

My review (there's a DL link, be quick though, I'm taking it off tonight)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZnmrUX-TBc

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Erik
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    Never stopped Justice League of America from being uploaded to youtube.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WDW
    @erik said:
    @WDW said:
    @Caligula said:
    Never stopped Justice League of America from being uploaded to youtube.
    If you mean the 2001 JLA movie, the difference is that is finalized and released  to the public. Warner Bros got there licencing fee so all was good.

Wonder Woman 2011 is not a finished  show so NBC did not need to pay any licence fee to Warner Bro for the show since it was never aired. If the show is aired by youtube.... Warner Bros can potentially sue YOUTUBE.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WDW
    @Sydpart2:  Good Review. Just FYI Wonder Woman has cried more than a few times in comicbook canon 

"wanna feel my muscle? " :P
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sydpart2
    @WDW: yes but those moments are certainly far and few in between
    Pepsiguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pepsiguy2
    @WDW: It's not that WB removedthem, it's that no one is seeding the torrents anymore.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By labarith

GOOD GOD this thing was horrible. 

Triple identity, toy-selling, douchebag friends/employees, married love interest, Willis, press release, jets... non-invisible jets... jets... mother flucking jets. 

Hi, I'm a super hero.  Who mysteriously runs a company designed around me being a super hero.  And I need praise at the end of the episode by everyone who works for me.  Because I'm a woman.  Tits. 

Could they have made it any worse if they tried? 

@WDW said: 

@Pepsiguy2 said: 

I have mixed feeling about that. Its WB right to block the show from being distributed..... but I am sad this show was not properly aired so people can judge for themselves. The show REALLY did not need to be cancelled. I thought it was pretty good
    What could you have possibly found pretty good about this abomination? 

Having watched this, I am sincerely curious to see what - in that hour long abortion of an episode - you could have found even remotely not absurdly retarded? 

@Press Oblivion said: 
    @WDW said: 

@MrDirector786: I watched it like 6 times :P... I think because I was starving for anything WW live action. I just wish this show had a fair shot.... I was really entertained and I  want more. I  am probably too bias to properly review it. I hope more people watch it in full so I can see what they think about it.

Thanks for the heads up! I just finished watching it at a friends house and I have to say that I loved it. The action was great, Adrianna was solid so I think that this really had potential. The truth justice and the American way line was a nice touch. The bit at the end with Cale being there in person was a little odd but the scene of the two of them facing off was nothing short of HOT!.   I thought this was  a great characterization of Wonder Woman and it's a shame that this wasn't picked up.
    "Great Characterization"?  Really?  It sounds like you were more interested in Wonder Woman roping and strangling a female villain... and while I won't go into the psychological kinky aspects of early wonder woman comics, you've got to be kidding.  The entire setup was so incoherent it would make anyone who was out of 3rd grade shake their head and say "that's not how the world works".
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Jotham

Okay, I couldn't make it all the way through, which probably invalidates my opinion for most of you, but I thought what I saw was freaking atrocious. I could take what seemed to be unfinished special effects, but the dialogue was cringe-inducing, and the acting was nearly universally awful. I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan, and even I think she deserves better. This actually makes the Aquaman pilot look good.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Press Oblivion
    @labarith: Sounds like someone ate some bad fish. 
    What could I have possibly found to be good about this:
    1. Wonder Woman kicked ass, she's a rough and tumble chick who's not afraid to bust a neck and take the enemy down hard. I felt that this was a good characterization of her because she is a strong confident woman. A lot of the buzz about this show in earlier months had a heavy Alley Mcbeal flavor to it where she would be question herself and mooning over Steve Trevor with a lot of depressing /wining overtone, none of that was here. (Not that I've ever seen Alley McBeal)
    2. Etta Candy was a respectable intelligent woman sometimes acting as Diana's conscience.
    3. Elizabeth Hurley was a great addition to the cast as Cale and thought that there was a lot of potential in the character. 
    4. Action scenes were excellent, ninja rolling, bullet deflecting, slamming 300 lb security detail to the concrete floor with hardcore intent.
    5. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) lasso action that noosed it's prey, by the neck, in an instant, that was totally unexpected and freakin' cool!
    I put this right on par with Smallville (which I'm sure you despised as well), there was a lot of liberty taken with this interpretation of the character but its not  like it wasn't Wonder Woman. I thought that the romance angles were well done and at the same time not over done, very natural which is Kelly's bread and butter, adding a relatable human aspect to the character that was needed in this show. Not everyone can relate to the CEO of a multinational corporation, no one can relate to a character that can lift a car, but everyone can relate to being lonely and that was executed nicely.  

What I was interested in was Wonder Woman Kicking ASS! The scene where she pins Cale to the wall 7 feet high was well done, it looked natural and fluid not  like a cheesy high-wire stunt. I was impressed and used the word "HOT" to identify how impressed I was.

This show was far from prefect but I do appreciate the attempt. As someone mentioned earlier shortly after it was announced that NBC would not pick up Wonder Woman, "it's better to have a show that can be improved upon than to not have one at all." (something to that effect). 3rd graders aside, you might lend yourself to the suspension of  disbelief in the realm of entertainment. With the Wonder Woman pilot, I was entertained.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WDW
    @labarith said:

GOOD GOD this thing was horrible. 

Triple identity, toy-selling, douchebag friends/employees, married love interest, Willis, press release, jets... non-invisible jets... jets... mother flucking jets. 

Hi, I'm a super hero.  Who mysteriously runs a company designed around me being a super hero.  And I need praise at the end of the episode by everyone who works for me.  Because I'm a woman.  Tits. 

Honestly your whole post does not amount to much of a review.... douschbag friends? what does that mean? Married love interest?.... So what?.... Willis, press release, jets.... non-invisible Whats your point?
     She loves someone but he is married.... why is that an issue.... Willis....Willis What?.... she did a press release.... and so? explain what your issue is and I can walk you through the plot....So she uses a JET and its not invisible so now the show is bad? She Mysteriously runs a company??? Mysteriously? that does not even make sense. She does not even run the company which was made clear in the pilot.

Kelly should have made a cartoon network version so you could follow the plot a little better.  If you need help I can walk you through it.

What could you have possibly found pretty good about this abomination? 

Having watched this, I am sincerely curious to see what - in that hour long abortion of an episode - you could have found even remotely not absurdly retarded? 

Really the episode was an hour long? which one did you watch? on and I liked pretty much everything you hated about it so we probably would not be compatible in person. @labarith said:

"Great Characterization"?  Really?  It sounds like you were more interested in Wonder Woman roping and strangling a female villain... and while I won't go into the psychological kinky aspects of early wonder woman comics, you've got to be kidding.  The entire setup was so incoherent it would make anyone who was out of 3rd grade shake their head and say "that's not how the world works".

What did I post that makes you think I am " more interested in Wonder Woman roping and strangling a female villain" that comment sounds way out there. And why is it so hard for you to believe she did that?.... Are you aware that this was a show about Wonder Woman, a comic book heroin.... she is not really real so NO the world does not work that way..... I knew that fact going in. 

Honestly your whole post does not really amount to much.... also it seems you are judging the pilot as if it was a finished movie....This was supposed to be a TV show which would allow for further character development. The pilot was a good start and there where plenty of issues that were setup and would have to be delt with in further episodes had they been made. I think you missed that point. 

Are you angry that some people liked it? it that your issue?
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sydpart2

Anyone else get the feeling that whoever uploaded the pilot may have made some small edits? I remember hearing Kelly originally wanted this to run for two hours for one thing, but aside from that, everything I heard from people that read the script says that there were a lot of things that I didn't see in the show. I remember hearing she was supposed to yell girl power at one point or another...just saying, we don't really know if it wasn't fan cut, any thoughts on the matter?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Sydpart2 said:
    Anyone else get the feeling that whoever uploaded the pilot may have made some small edits? I remember hearing Kelly originally wanted this to run for two hours for one thing, but aside from that, everything I heard from people that read the script says that there were a lot of things that I didn't see in the show. I remember hearing she was supposed to yell girl power at one point or another...just saying, we don't really know if it wasn't fan cut, any thoughts on the matter?
    Now that you mention it I remember at one point when she was flying the jet, music from the Iron Man movie started playing.... not sure if anyone else heard it too though.
    TheMadMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheMadMonkey

I'm not bragging when I say this... 
    Having a mind that contains almost the entire history of comic books is always a great thing to have. 
    The reason I say that I'm not bragging about it is because it doesn't always mean that I'm always right. 
    I, as with so many others, agreed that this new Wonder Woman should be canned before it was aired.  But, after having the opportunity to watch the unfinished pilot, I must admit I was wrong. 
    It was very good, despite the "romantic subplot" crap (I can't stand the mushy stuff).  After being involved in the world of comic books for over 35 years, I have become rather picky about what I see when it comes to transferring characters to another medium.  However, I do keep in mind that some changes are made for various legitimate reasons.  So, I've learned to just take things as they are and not let my personal preferences interfere.  I failed in my own philosophy this time and spoke out before giving the show a fair chance.  It deserved a better fate than it got.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Honestly it was an interesting concept and think it could have bee an interesting show. I have tp say i was pleasantly surprised but the costume designers need to fix the way he boobs look in the torso piece was awful(too tight not flattering)  I did like Elisabeth as the villainess 
    Adrienne wasn't bad as a Diana, I also didn't hate the jet XD 

It's not the wonder woman from the comics by no means and a few parts were really cheesy BUT I think they could have worked if they worked  out a few kinks 
    Now I kind of want to seas what a season could have been like

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By PowerHerc

Thanks for posting this.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By Ruvik_

where do i go to look at the wonder woman pilot
    Avatar image for theselfproclaimednerd
    theselfproclaimednerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Caligula: if you searched on sites like oneddl.com or on google, you may find a copy on megaupload or the like.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Erik

It was actually not that bad. It should have been given a chance to iron out the kinks it did have.

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Batcrow

Yeah, why do some people treat it like a TV movie? It was a pilot, designed to show a glimpse of where the actual show would go. About the anger issues, the characters in the cast themselves were concerned and asked Diana about it. It was definitely going to be addressed later on. If everything was perfect, what's the point of development and progression? Remember, it was a television SERIES.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By WW-Fan

oh damn i dont know how to use Torrent :(

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#50  Edited By Samimista

I liked how Diana was written in the pilot especially during the Wonder Woman doll costume scene.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.