Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Frank Cho returning to Wonder Woman after Rucka leaves????

JoaoPedroGomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.newsarama.com/31968-wonder-woman-title-by-frank-cho-artist-said-he-s-in-negotiation-with-dc.html

I can't even believe it. Hope it's all lies.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Super-Wonder
    Wonder Woman #10 Pg. 15 Pnl. 4 | ART: Nicola Scott & Romulo Fajardo Jr.
    Wonder Woman #10 Pg. 15 Pnl. 4 | ART: Nicola Scott & Romulo Fajardo Jr.

Looks like Ruka is all right with the panty shot these days so why should Cho wait to for Ruka to to exit. Let's do it now and Title the Cho initiative "Sensation Comics!" #I'mWithCho!

I love this line in the article "Yeah, I mean, let’s be honest, it’s gonna happen. You know, I have a huge fan base and I have the story already written." Smug but entertaining :)

Despite what anyone may think of Frank Cho as a person, he is, bar none, one of the most talented illustrators in the Comic Industry today. No matter how anyone may feel about his humor or his less mainstream artistic contributions, his style and execution are that of a Master and elevate any title that he is a part of.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well he's an amazing artist, and I'm a bit iffy with WW's current art, so I'm on board

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the current art, but wouldn't be averse to Cho's return. Honestly I think Rucka may be overplaying his hand by inserting his particular views into the the title. For instance in the latest issue he and Nicola made it clear what Diana thinks of women who dress in a way they consider oversexualized. It smacks of hypocrisy because in every installment they somehow find a way for Steve Trevor to wind up shirtless. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, or said in a more urban vernacular, an even swap aint no swindle.

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more disturbed at the idea that Rucka is leaving. I absolutely adore current WW.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more disturbed at the idea that Rucka is leaving. I absolutely adore current WW.

Yeah I mean I didn't know Trump being elected would effect comics so quickly.:) Terrible news. Although I've thought Rucka's run has been a bit slow, I still like his corrections of the horrendous mistakes of New 52. Cho sounds like a f^%$^%ing idiot. Pls don't let him write WW.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

DC just confirmed they aren't in talks with him though.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

@jphulk26 said:
    @Shintakie said:

Yeah I mean I didn't know Trump being elected would effect comics so quickly.:) Terrible news. Although I've thought Rucka's run has been a bit slow, I still like his corrections of the horrendous mistakes of New 52. Cho sounds like a f^%$^%ing idiot. Pls don't let him write WW.

OH S#*T! I didn't bother to cut and paste the url and assumed he was only coming back to do covers. Hell NO he can't write the book! "A genderless action story" is NOT Wonder Woman.

This is what I alluding to in my first post, we're living in trumpland now. It's a cold and dangerous place, where fear and hatred of anything "other", outright meanness and white supremacy reigns. I knew comics would swing in that direction, but Wonder Woman can't move that far. It would be a betrayal to everything she stands for.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@scorpio_cassadine: to be fair some of her most known works have come under conservative times usually showcasing what she stands for....40s we had Marston and in the 80s we had Perez and under some of Bush we had the first rucka and then simone so you never know Diana might just shine even brighter(the only silver lining with this whole ordeal which is sad)

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Super-Wonder

@squalleon said:

DC just confirmed they aren't in talks with him though.

LOL maybe Cho is just trying to stick it to Rucka . . . . or the article is a fake to stick it to Rucka, the tone and arrogance of Cho's statements there did was unexpected.

Even if it were true, Cho isn't known for long runs so it would be one off arc, finished in 4-6 issues that wouldn't be world shaking. Some epic reptiles and giant apes, a vulgar panty shot or two, some bitching and moaning from the usual suspects and we're onto the next creative team.

Love to see Peter David take a crack at Diana.

Genderless action story simply means "Insert comic character here". Any character can fill this adventure, it's been done plenty and sometimes they're fun.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jason Aaron or Jeff Lemire are of Marvel's payroll I'd look into them picking her up. I'd like to have someone not so invested in the character to write her. I know that's a dangerous place, but she's a character that I think every author takes personally, so they make changes that they think best suits her in being the "greatest ever" that ultimately harms her. Someone who's not so invested will be more willing to work with what is there and just continue the story. Plus I love hearing about authors gaining an newfound respect of characters just through writing them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wish. I REALLY REALLY wish.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who in their right mind would want this? Frank Cho should not have the right to write a WW book. Rucka is the reason why I haven't given up on the character as an whole.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth hasn't really been anywhere near as good as it's cracked up to be imo, it's been one of those stories I don't love or love to hate so right now a more straightforward, feat-driven Wonder Woman story sounds pretty good. However Cho's totally out of his depth, I do like his artwork, I think ironically his Wonder Woman comes across a heck of a lot more empowered than what Sharp and Rucka are doing right now but I don't think it would be appropriate to place the UN Goodwill Ambassador for Girls and Women in his hands

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC probably humored Cho with the possibility of letting him pitch a story, only to change their mind when Cho mouthed off again.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By alsummers

@archizooom: It's not just that, judging by what he's saying he's making her a typical cape hero that Superman or Batman could be. He wants to essentially get rid of all that makes her different and unique, just because gender politics don't always side with him. It'd be a total disservice to the character.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsummers: I agree and disagree, Cho would've written Wonder Woman as one of those cookie-cutter, blustering warrior woman with a hair-trigger temper probably which I would've been pretty bummed about. But having said that, I think I've just about had it with feminist agitprops where all Wonder Woman does is whack some male-jerk stereotypes in the face, it's so on-the-goddamn-nose and does a huge disservice to Wonder Woman too imo

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alsummers

@archizooom: Well the last time they tried to avoid gender talk, Wonder Woman changed from feminine empowerment (which is and has always been a backbone of her character) to "blood curdling masculinity", the very thing her creators and subsequent authors wanted to avoid, especially as more and more of her powers mirror Superman's.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsummers: It doesn't have to be either feast or famine, they can perfectly well tell a story that honors Wonder Woman's commitment to feminism without getting all preachy. Mixing politics and comics is like folding lavender into a crème brûlée, too much and it's like eating soap

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.