Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

does dc hate diana? what is happening?

daydreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daydreams

started reading ww rebirth after taking an extended break from comics...and what the hell? first of all, this nonsensical retconning that's doing nothing but opening plot holes, contradicting itself through other stories, and erasing some interesting stories is ridiculous. second of all, why is she so weak? how did she go from being a superman-tier hero to having the powerset of an iron man prototype suit? how is she STILL not bulletproof? why are her best feats lifting a tank and flying at mach 3.... also, some of this art is just plain fugly. should i even keep reading rebirth, or will i lose my mind?

the frustration i'm feeling reading this is bringing me back to when i watched the justice league movie. i was totally fine with diana not having man of steel-tier feats in her solo movie because those would have felt really out of place anyways, but the way they made her seem like a joke in that movie was irritating. also not feeling the total rebranding the movie brought her. love amazon warrior diana, but this bootleg xena needs to, like, stop.

is there any hope for diana? am i alone in these feelings? do i give up rebirth? should the dceu be defunded and ended? why is circe a home depot rewards member and not the high femme queen she once was?

in conclusion...make diana great again.

Kevinffinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kevinffinity

@daydreams: Unfortunately it doesn't get any better. The current arc is actually worse than it was prior. Even when a feat is supposed to be impressive it pales in comparison to pretty much every powerhouse and even previous versions of the character.

Yup. JL was disturbing to watch. I've tried making sense of it but thinking about it only gives me a headache.

You're definitely not alone. There are a bunch of threads here discussing similar issues. Different titles but similar issues.

Yup. The JL movie was baffling.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW stans are never satisfied

No Caption Provided

Any person who likes Wondy just the slightest bit couldn't be satisfied with the trash that happened in the DCEU, and still happens in Rebirth with her, besides Justice League Dark is nothing even just okayish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's sad as fuck, she went from a very Powerful High (High Tier), almost or/at Low Herald/Clark Level) to Low/Mid (High Tier). We just have to trust that in next Rebirth Titles she will be performing, Lightspeeed, Planetary level strength, and IDK, maybe using Zeus' Lightning as a Magic Energy Projection with Continental to Moon level!

Standard Wonder Woman in my opinion should have give a result of a 6/10 fight, against Kal-el!

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By dshipp17

Well, I guess Rebirth is a collection of issues that dissatisfies many Wonder Woman fans (e.g. their persistent focus on blending Wonder Woman with the Olympians and magic and lack of obvious opportunities to interject Dr. Psycho, particularly into her main title for me); but, as far as her power level, there's nothing in Rebirth that says she's not still Superman level, but, then again, I'm missing a lot of Justice League (e.g. I think it's wise to actually have Wonder Woman somewhere between Spider-Man/Wolverine and Carol Danvers level; or, have it fluctuate between there; her time with I'Chang was great and should have been modernized and expanded upon); I've actually been trying to figure out where I should come aboard on the main Justice League title for the past few weeks, at this point; I like the current arc centered on the creators of the DC universe, but, somehow, I just saw an updated title for a YouTube video that said Superman was able to KO the creator of the multiverse; this has got to be some spectacular PIS or Batman had some plot which somehow made something like that possible which is still PIS, as it seems as if Batman may have tricked the World Forger to get there, whereas he'd already dealt with the rest of the League.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By Supermanthor

Jld gave her two powerful fourms

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
    deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jld gave her two powerful fourms

Temporary borrowed powers. Not her own

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: even then very few guys and gals can beat a composite wonder woman

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now Lol any person who love DC can never be turely satisfied with dceu

Let's hope for a better future

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

DC probably don't hates Wonder Woman, they just seem to be extremely incompetent, i'm just not sure if that is any better.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC's handling of WW is extremely cringe-worthy, to say the least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.