Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Clarification on complaints about power level

• 94 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Perhaps I need to educate these casual fans on the exact reason why we complain about it. You guys seem to think we just want her to be some celestial powered goddess and think we're a bunch of hungry feat monkeys. That is not the case at all.

Her power level wouldn't even be up for discussion if the people on the battle forums weren't being so ignorant about it. The insults she recieve about her power level there is ridiculous. You even got people creating one-sided threads just to mock how weak she is. You got people believing that she don't stand a chance against characters like Saitama and Naruto knowing good well she will beat them to death. Some people are also quick to disregard any type of high showing she has. Apparently she has to toss planets across the universe to prove a point. Lets not forget that the only reason she can hang with Superman is to satisfy tumblr feminists.

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MPfly88

Stop complaining and instigating fights with the Superman and Batman crowd then. You guys cause a lot of it. You don't have to describe how great WW is by making digs at Supes and Batman. I see it happen a lot on here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88: Grow some thick skin. Every fanbase make digs at another character. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the things Goku fans say about Superman.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I bet that Goku would mop the floor with her with no problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is ridiculous though. Look at the comments under this.

Loading Video...
    GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GoodBoy6

@somayareece: lol,this is the most stupid fight ever.they should be awarded for the most stupid Death Battle ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yeah, a lot of those battles are stupid. The whole debate is just cancerous.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GoodBoy6

@somayareece: I mean,both Goku and Superman have means to defeat each other but this is just ridiculous.it is much better when they do One Minute Melee fights.I liked Lightning vs Wonder Woman fight.did you watch that????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: That is why I don't take any parts of it serious. I think I seen that one but I will need to refresh my memory.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: it's pretty good and the outcome is accurate.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Isn't that Lightning from Final Fantasy?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GoodBoy6
    GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 01100110

@somayareece: No offence here but Saitama would beat her at the level she is in new 52. I do not believe she is weak, but she has certainly lost a lot compared to her pre-flashpoint incarnation where she legitimately could put up a decent fight against Superman.

@goodboy6: The Goku vs Superman debate has some very rabid fans in it, all of DBZ does. Death Battle saying Superman wins because of his infinite strenght (coughbullshitcough) infuriated both them and anyone with a shred of respect for either character, especially because they very nearly called Superman a boring Mary Sue. Their refusal to retreat after it became obvious SSJG wins was even worse.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wonder Woman can't take the bitterness, whining and crying of her fans anymore. She quits.
    GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GoodBoy6

@01100110 said:

@somayareece: No offence here but Saitama would beat her at the level she is in new 52. I do not believe she is weak, but she has certainly lost a lot compared to her pre-flashpoint incarnation where she legitimately could put up a decent fight against Superman.

@goodboy6: The Goku vs Superman debate has some very rabid fans in it, all of DBZ does. Death Battle saying Superman wins because of his infinite strenght (coughbullshitcough) infuriated both them and anyone with a shred of respect for either character, especially because they very nearly called Superman a boring Mary Sue. Their refusal to retreat after it became obvious SSJG wins was even worse.

Death Battles are boring with Superman.no one can beat Superman if they will use some unlimited power shit.

Wonder Woman is very underpowered in New 52.I'm kinda glad about that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: @01100110: Yeah, I already dropped Wonder Woman so I might drop DC as a whole. The reboot has ruin so many characters that it is unbearable. I will probably stick to Marvel.

Death Battle has gotten so bias and those guys are showing their ignorance over there.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GoodBoy6

@somayareece: believe me,Marvel is even worse.just look at Thor,Captain America and Wolverine(I think he is too).they are destroyed.

Screwattack bring up some shit into their battle like Superman to be unlimited and they do some battles that are a total mismatch like Lightning vs Wonder Woman although that is One Minute Melee.anyway,what do you think about Lightning vs Wonder Woman???do you think that is a fair outcome???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: @goodboy6: It's hard to say who is making it worse honestly.

ChoHulk is pratically a parody, Jane is an abomination of pandering, X-23 becoming Wolverine made some sort of sense but they did not handle the characters well. Sam as Cap is not very good but at least it's trying.

Mostly I cherrypick my comics from both sides. Starfire is very charming as is Lois and Clark, Marvel has good stuff like Contest of Champions and even something downright great as Vision.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shadowmaster91

I need to ask this: from where her powers come from. From her body (like Superman) or from her armor? If it is from her body, why/how? Isn't she only an Amazon (I say only because her powers look too much for her being simple an Amazon)..... I am saying from her pre-new 52

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@agent41: Thanks (a lot of thanks, really). But that answer leave more questions open. It can not enter in my head how she can be so strong, in comparison with Superman, being only human (even with being an Amazon (which I know are very strong) and magic enhancements). Is it possible that because her source of power is magic (technically), the effect of her abilities on Superman are greater (attack and defense at the same time) compared to others that are not that much affected by magic?

I love WW but some of her levels of her abilities are very confusing.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: her power source has shifted over the years. In the original version WW and all Amazons had learned to channel the energy of their minds into their bodies and could thus match Superman in strength and speed etc... They transcended normal humans through mental discipline and Diana was the best of the best.

Later she was rebooted and the Amazons were no longer mere humans either. They were the magically reborn souls of women who died from violence by men. She herself has never really been 100% human as until N52 she was created of clay and given life by the gods (this varied a bit by writer too). In the Post-Crisis continuity Diana was also blessed by several different gods

Demeter gave her the strength of the Earth itself

Hermes speed and flight

Athena wisdom

Artemis the hunters eye

Aphrodite gave her great beauty

So while her powers are probably magic in nature they are also meant to be of massive levels. Technically she is strong enough to lift any object in Earth and can run and fly at nearly the same speeds as the Flash and Superman. She is also one of the finest warriors ever born and thus has fighting reflexes beyond even Superman.

I don't think her magical nature really has an effect on Superman as it's contained in her body as opposed to being released as mystical energy. At least I don't think we've ever seen or heard that she weakens him in someway through her magical nature.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@csg_cl: Thanks for the help.... The thing is that I am trying to write a fanfic (journal type fanfic) crossover of Naruto x Young Justice and I want to make Naruto on the same level of Captain Marvel / Wonder Woman (Below Superman) and I am trying to find ways for him to be on their same level in an logical way (without falling in God-Mode or giving a unfair advantage).

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@01100110 said:

lmao. Goku got shot with a laser and flatlined

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CSG_CL

@shadowmaster91: can't really help you there as I'm not familiar with Naruto. But CM and WW are not necessarily below Superman, in many appearances they are portrayed as equals or more to Superman. It's comics, and if you are doing fanfic you can do what you think is best.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: 1° Yeah, I know that they are strong, but remember that Superman is progressive when battling. He don't fight giving his all. It is like the fight in death battle of Goku and Superman, it looked like they were evenly matched but Superman ended outclassing him because he was letting his strength out slowly.

2° Yah, I know that it is a fanfic and that I can do whatever I want, but I don't want to make Naruto stronger because of stuff. I want to make him stronger because there could be a reason behind that.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Archizooom

I think there are many many parallels between Naruto and n52 Wonder Woman in that they're both a little bit stupid, perhaps endearingly so, although Naruto is quite battle-savvy whereas Wonder Woman's not; their child-like faith in humankind is unshakeable despite being pariahs in their respective villages and they have this messianic ability to convert their enemies to friends. Furthermore, they've got an immense power sealed within them which they can't control, they erupt into berserk-mode every now and then. The main difference between them is that Naruto's got a very good win/loss ratio, he actually wins his battles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: I find do find it funny watching Wonder Woman getting beat down by Superman's villains and he comes in and makes it look easy against them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oocmikey: And? The instance has pretty clear context based on how DB's abilities work. It does not change what he and Beerus managed to accomplish, which is a bit out of Supes weight calss.

It's not even very funny a meme.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CSG_CL

@shadowmaster91: superman holding back is such a lame plot device. It's the kind of thing any superhero could be said to do as they don't want to kill or maim. Personally I find that weak writing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: It is DC's poor excuse to make him seem like the strongest superhero there is. Some people can't take Hulk or Goku being stronger than him.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@csg_cl: Me too, but with what we know about him THAT is the norm (remember Injustice). Nevertheless, WW is a powerhouse in her own right.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: not really though. That little device didn't come about until relatively recently.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I don't mind his power levels, I would just rather have some consistency. I don't like any character that essentially has unlimited power-up with no real reason for it. At least with the Hulk its inherent in the character and there is typically a negative consequence when his rage drives him too far. SM just has the vague "holding back" argument that creates a huge PIS allowing Clark to inexplicably perform any feat a writer wants without giving any explaination. One second he's getting his ass kicked and e next he's suddenly 10x more powerful with only the "holding back" BS to tell us why. Ugh... Hate that crap.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Archizooom

@somayareece: It doesn't make any sense story-wise for a hero to be limitlessly powerful, they just say it to appease the fans is all. It just makes them feel better "knowing" they can always chalk up Superman's shortcomings to "he's holding back". Even when the Planet he loves so incredibly much is on the precipice of annihilation, Superman's still holding back...

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I am more in to the cartoons than comics. There are too many writers to even consider what is good enough information and what is only for rules of cool. Hey, do you know why people are saying that Hal Jordan is specially strong?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they are freaking cartoon characters...they are as strong or weak as the writer needs them to be

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah, we know. But I am trying to assess her/their strange for a fanfic. I don't want to be one of that guys that make Naruto strong because he is "The Naruto". I am trying to use some logic behind this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: @brunnhilde: What would be the point of a hero being limitless? I can understand progression and improvement in power level but the limitless crap is pushing it. DC has to find someway to please his fans in order to make up for the fact they have more interest in Batman. Superman should be able to wreck every single thing in the universe if decided not to hold back if that was the case. We're talking about a guy that couldn't take a hit from a train decades ago to now bench pressing planets. The fluctuation of his power in writing has desperation written all over it.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@somayareece: Very true. I would have been happy if he has stayed in train level.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@w0nd: Yeah, we know. But I am trying to assess her/their strange for a fanfic. I don't want to be one of that guys that make Naruto strong because he is "The Naruto". I am trying to use some logic behind this.

I might be wrong but Sage Mode Narutos physical strength of lifting a huge monster with one arm and the destruction the bijuudama in his fox mode caused is really comparable to what animated versions of Superman or Wonder Woman can do in the regular episode.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Maybe, I only want to be really sure. THE only way I can see Naruto defeating or containing Superman (any version) is by him learning and using the Adamantine Sealing Chains.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@shadowmaster91: Honestly wouldn't overthink this in the Justice League cartoons Superman literally spent an entire episode fighting Ace of the Royal Flash Gang. Not like putting YJ Wonder Woman or Superman on Naruto level can be anywhere remotely as ridiculous as that.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@stahlflamme: Maybe, but if you have read as many crossover as I, then you will understand that I don't want to fall in the God-Mode territory (I hate it)

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: probably because he was the first human GL ... He's supposedly the greatest of the GL Corp

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Some people are mentioning that he is veeeeeeeeeery strong with his ring...... do you know anything? I always considered him in the middle of level of power of the members of the Justice League.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CSG_CL

@shadowmaster91: theoretically the ring is a s powerful as the will power of its wielder thus Hal can be very powerful when he's focused. Personally I think he's middle of the pack too ... WW and SM have trashed GLs on a number of occasions and Flash has lots of speed based options to take him down. But GL can do things none of the others can because of the level of energy he can access. Being powerful and being outclassed in a fight are different things IMO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.