Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Cheetah defeated by Green Arrow!?

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sealife

Hi, I don't read Green Arrow, but I heard that in the last issue he took down Cheetah.

So just wondered if anybody has scans or have read it?

Was it totally PIS or was it a good plot that made it possible for him to take her out?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

He tied her up with a rope arrow. Given Cheetah's illustrious history, you can't possibly be surprised.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Mrnoital

@sealife: he tied her up with a bola arrow while she was facing the other direction and about to kill his hacker

she wasn't expecting it, so it made sense

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@sealife: he tied her up with a bola arrow while she was facing the other direction and about to kill his hacker

She can blitz entire League including Flash, that doesn't make any sense at all. SHE EVEN MANAGED TO SURPRISE MIGHTY BATMAN WITH HER SPEED!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mrnoital

@bigcimmerian: yeah

but he shot her in the back

and it's not like she was thinking about a real fight, she was about to slaughter a powerless girl

while already in prison

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She wasnt looking.

Spiderman beat Firelord

Squirrelgirl beat Thanos

Mexican beat Surfer with a hammer

Eh, it happens.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigcimmerian

@mrnoital said:

@bigcimmerian: yeah

but he shot her in the back

and it's not like she was thinking about a real fight, she was about to slaughter a powerless girl

while already in prison

It was awful issue, I mean what the hell is Cheetah doing in a prison so close to other inmates :D She can escape with no effort and kill everybody in a second lol.

And wait Felicity really dodged that attack hahahahahahhahahah

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: what? Felicity didn't dodge anything

and it was a supermax prison, I think it's safe to assume they used some kind of power dampening tech

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigcimmerian

@mrnoital said:

@bigcimmerian: what? Felicity didn't dodge anything

and it was a supermax prison, I think it's safe to assume they used some kind of power dampening tech

No Caption Provided

Upper right corner.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mrnoital

@bigcimmerian: power dampening tech could explain it, but yeah, that shouldn't have happened, I guess my mind just blocked that out

No Caption Provided

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woah. we can drop F bombs now?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@bigcimmerian said:

@mrnoital said:

She can blitz entire League including Flash, that doesn't make any sense at all. SHE EVEN MANAGED TO SURPRISE MIGHTY BATMAN WITH HER SPEED!

Oh mai yes. She freaking scratched da Batman!

LOL. On to the topic, context was obviously involved.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can I say, they treat Cheetah with the same respect they treat Wonder Woman with.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoona's mock tears.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Exactly, I don't know why this is a suprise.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Green Arrow is one of those DC street level characters that live in PIS city.

Like how Deathstroke was able to take down a Flash and GL, but Arthur caused the most damage to him. Shouldn't surprise anyone.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Green Arrow is one of those DC street level characters that live in PIS city.

Like how Deathstroke was able to take down a Flash and GL, but Arthur caused the most damage to him. Shouldn't surprise anyone.

This is Cheetah we're talking about, Catwoman has solo'd her twice, Batman has strangled her unconscious and KO'd her another time by holding out his fist and letting her walk into it. She's always been a jobber. I don't know why anyone's defending her given that reputation.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Outside_85

@mrnoital said:

Not really when you consider that Cheetah is strong and durable enough to go a few rounds with Wonder Woman, so either Ollie is carrying around arrows that could be used to tie up Superman, or some serious pis is involved.

Add to this, when stuff like this happens, it's indirectly making Wonder Woman look like a weakling if she later on has to fight a prolonged battle with the same character. As much as I don't care about either of them as writers, Johns and Simone at least understand this; Johns has her loose to the League after a good show (and a bit of a crappy Aquaman finish) and Simone:

No Caption Provided

There is a colossal difference between being able to take on a human in a costume and being able to take on someone that can juggle battleships, there's sadly a bunch of writers who don't respect that.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@saren: the N52 has her tagging Superman and Flash and drawing blood from Diana, but she's met with Oliver's PIS arrows and now she's a jobber.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't ask about this in shock over the fact that it happened. But over the fact that it still happens, I mean how can writers possibly think someone who can go toe to toe with Wonder Woman (and the Justice League) can't take out Green Arrow. What are the editors doing?

Also couldn't she just have used her strength to have broken the boa thing you guys have talked about?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: it's also important to know that this was inside a supermax prison, where there is most likely power dampeners

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@outside_85: it's also important to know that this was inside a supermax prison, where there is most likely power dampeners

Maybe, but nothing on paper says there are. And let me just point out that whoever put Smoke in the same cell as Cheetah obviously wanted her dead, so why turn them off as long as the door is closed?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mrnoital

@outside_85: it's true, nothing on paper says it(just advanced metric circutry), but it would make sense as to why there isn't a breakout pretty much every day

and the guy got her put in that kind of prison without any trial, he didn't expect her to survive the night(which she wouldn't have) and not risked the breakout (in his own way he thinks he's helping America)

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

Did they trim her claws inside this supermax prison because it looked like she was about to kill the woman with them. What kind of high security prison is this. I think none of us expects to see a high-status supervillain like Cheetah holding a tray with some mashed potato and a tetra pak, it just doesn't feel right.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FoamBorn

@zhurong said:

@foamborn: Exactly, I don't know why this is a suprise.

It's more like disappointment that this blasphemy continues on and on. I also noticed how easily Trigon disemboweled Ares in Injustice, they make her villains looks so tiny

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: I don't know, but didn't her claws cut superman? I have doubts they have anything that can trim them

with the power dampeners she's pretty much a girl with extra sharp and long nails, and if she kills someone then she'd get solitary and such like other prisons, I'd assume she still wants the slight level of freedom where she can get her own food so she behaves, but none of this was explained

I didn't say it was a well written issue

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Well technically she bit him but I'm sure she can cut his flesh as well and that's one more reason to hold Cheetah in a very special place, with a muzzle on and gloves and a legion of guards outside her cell.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: she might have been behaving, isn't it normal in prisons to get more rights for good behavior?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@outside_85: it's true, nothing on paper says it(just advanced metric circutry), but it would make sense as to why there isn't a breakout pretty much every day

and the guy got her put in that kind of prison without any trial, he didn't expect her to survive the night(which she wouldn't have) and not risked the breakout (in his own way he thinks he's helping America)

The thing is that it has to look like he isn't involved and that Smoke was just an unfortunate casualty of a prison scruffle. So risking a breakout could very well have been in the cards.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Yup but sadly we can't do nothing but watch. Ares at his best is Odin level but some people seem to think he is only a threat to Diana. He can mop the floor with the Justice League if he wanted to.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: this was after everyone was already locked in their cells, Cheetah said she was going after Felicity after lights out

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: yeah but she's not your average thief, she shouldn't be in a normal prison with a bunch of weaklings to begin with.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I always found Cheetah's design kinda gross.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@mrnoital: yeah but she's not your average thief, she shouldn't be in a normal prison with a bunch of weaklings to begin with.

this wasn't a normal prison, this was a supermax, it's made for supervillains

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FoamBorn

@mrnoital said:

this wasn't a normal prison, this was a supermax, it's made for supervillains

I meant a normal prison for c-class supervillains, it's not where she belongs. Is Doomsday in there too?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: do you really think Cheetah and Doomsday are in the same tier? pretty sure he would stomp her

with power dampeners she would be a lot more controllable, pretty much the same strength and speed as a normal woman

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ScouterV

Everybody gets some sort of nerf when they deal with Street Level characters. Batman does this on a regular. Why wouldn't that apply for all Street Levelers?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: I kind of do actually. He's obviously a lot stronger but she's sentient and as fast as the Flash, her claws can cut through Superman's flesh so I can totally see how Cheetah would go about slaying Doomsday. But that doesn't matter because with those power dampeners Doomsday is powerless.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: his physical size would almost definitely make him stronger than almost any human even without his powers, and I'm pretty sure his skin is naturally so thick tranquilizers wouldn't even get through his skin, without powers he'd be a much bigger threat, and last I checked Doomsday was about that fast too

he's the kind of threat that Superman uses the phantom zone for, she gets put in Belle Reve, it's normal for her to get put into these supermax prisons

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@foamborn: his physical size would almost definitely make him stronger than almost any human even without his powers, and I'm pretty sure his skin is naturally so thick tranquilizers wouldn't even get through his skin, without powers he'd be a much bigger threat, and last I checked Doomsday was about that fast too

he's the kind of threat that Superman uses the phantom zone for, she gets put in Belle Reve, it's normal for her to get put into these supermax prisons

With her fangs and claws she's just as deadly if she decides to kill a person. Apparently they couldn't even be arsed to put muzzle on her, its like throwing Deathstroke in prison with all his weapons. In a nutshell my point is that in fiction, the way you normally hold a powerful supervillain like Cheetah is you build an underground fortress with adamantine walls to impart the sense that the person being held there is extremely powerful and threatening. That's why Superman's villains get that kind of treatment

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: that's nothing similar, one of Deathstrokes deadliest weapons is his mind, and he can turn anything into a weapon, yet he has been in prisons like that standing in food lines just like she did, last I checked Cheetah wasn't exactly a mastermind, in a prison made to hold supervillains there would be protocols to stop them if they started killing, and then they get put in solitary when they are deemed unsafe for general population, but if she wants any amount of exercise she would behave herself

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@foamborn: that's nothing similar, one of Deathstrokes deadliest weapons is his mind, and he can turn anything into a weapon, yet he has been in prisons like that standing in food lines just like she did, last I checked Cheetah wasn't exactly a mastermind, in a prison made to hold supervillains there would be protocols to stop them if they started killing, and then they get put in solitary when they are deemed unsafe for general population, but if she wants any amount of exercise she would behave herself

never mind

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.