Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Cheetah Beat First Born

• 53 results
    jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

Cheetah beat First Born in villains month. Official.

WONDER WOMAN #23.1 CHEETAH

$3.99

DC

FLASH #23.2 REVERSE FLASH

$3.99

DC

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.1 DEADSHOT STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.2 MR FREEZE

$3.99

DC

CABLE AND X-FORCE #14

$3.99

MAR

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.3 CLAYFACE

$3.99

DC

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.4 SECRET SOCIETY STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #3

$2.99

MAR

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.4 JOKERS DAUGHTER

$3.99

DC

AVENGERS AI #3

$2.99

MAR

THUNDERBOLTS #15

$2.99

MAR

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.1 DARKSEID STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #19

$3.99

MAR

BATMAN #23.2 RIDDLER STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.2 KILLER FROST STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

SONS OF ANARCHY #1 (MR)

$3.99

BOO

BATMAN #23.3 PENGUIN STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

GREEN ARROW #23.1 COUNT VERTIGO

$3.99

DC

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.1 CREEPER

$3.99

DC

GOD IS DEAD #1 (MR)

$3.99

AVA

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.3 DIAL E

$3.99

DC

GREEN LANTERN #23.1 RELIC STANDARD ED [*]

$2.99

DC

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.2 ECLIPSO

$3.99

DC

WONDER WOMAN #23.2 FIRST BORN

$3.99

DC

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jphulk26

FIRST BORN: TOP 3 LOWEST SALES FIGURES. FOR A CHARACTER SUPPOSEDLY FEATURED IN A MAIN STAORY THATS BAD, CONSIDERING CHEETAH HAS ONLY BEEN SEEN ONCE SINCE NEW 52 REBOOT. JUST BARELY BEAT COUNT VERTIGO AND ARCANE. EMBARRASSING.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First BornWonder Woman

CheetahWonder Woman47,504

not bad i say especially for a new villain it hard to sell a new villain

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerWoman

This is New villain

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jphulk26

@powerwoman said:

This is New villain

What does that mean?

@darknightspideyfanboy said:
    First BornWonder Woman

CheetahWonder Woman47,504

not bad i say especially for a new villain it hard to sell a new villain

Thats one way to look at it. I´m just messing anyway. A bit juvenile of me I´ll admit. :)

Just glad to see Cheetah beat First Born.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: lol it cool just glad that both title sold good especially since i like them both

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1. This is a new villain so sales won't be as high

2. This was one of the most heavily allocated books which hurt sales

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. This is a new villain so sales won't be as high

2. This was one of the most heavily allocated books which hurt sales

Just a question, what is meant by your second point? Not in a rude way, I just want to understand.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PeppeyHare

@jphulk26: All of the 3D villains month books were heavily allocated by DC. Meaning if a store ordered 100 issues of Joker they may have only received 50. First born was one of the most allocated issues so a store may have ordered 40 and got 10

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Wonder Woman's rogues aren't that popular.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Bruxae

No suprise there. Firstborn is new and people dont seem to like him, Cheetah is arguably WW's most famous villain.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: All of the 3D villains month books were heavily allocated by DC. Meaning if a store ordered 100 issues of Joker they may have only received 50. First born was one of the most allocated issues so a store may have ordered 40 and got 10

oh ok.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman's rogues aren't that popular.

not as popular as joker or darksied for example,but more popular than flash villans,aquaman villans,and the first born,besides,her villans have never had the promotion of other villans,if they push them more,they could become even more popular.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I don't think they're nearly as popular as the Flash's Rogues or Aquaman's villains to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I have read every new 52 issue and I am a big fan of the First Born. But First Born is still a relatively new villain so the low sales aren't a surprise.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I don't think they're nearly as popular as the Flash's Rogues or Aquaman's villains to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I have read every new 52 issue and I am a big fan of the First Born. But First Born is still a relatively new villain so the low sales aren't a surprise.

cheetah ans ares>flash rogue,aquaman rogue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

FIRST BORN: TOP 3 LOWEST SALES FIGURES. FOR A CHARACTER SUPPOSEDLY FEATURED IN A MAIN STAORY THATS BAD, CONSIDERING CHEETAH HAS ONLY BEEN SEEN ONCE SINCE NEW 52 REBOOT. JUST BARELY BEAT COUNT VERTIGO AND ARCANE. EMBARRASSING.

Cheetah was featured in JL which is DC's 2nd best selling title after Batman, Cheetah has appeared many times in animated TV shows and movies, Cheetah is WW's most well known foe, FB is new, not even a year old, Cheetah has been around for around 70 years with far too many appearances than FB who had what 13-14 appearances compared to Cheetah's 300? When you compare all this FB did far better than Cheetah.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustyRoy

@jake_fury said:

Flash Rogues > WW Rogues.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Cheetah has appeared in the second best regular selling New 52 DC title aka Justice League, has a long history of being one of Wonder Woman's actual known villains and The First Born is a brand new villain who has only recently appeared. It's no wonder Cheetah's issue outsold First Born's one. Not many people know who he is. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good series. A lot of good New 52 titles such as Demon Knights and I Vampire didn't sell that well yet were critically acclaimed series.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheetah is more fitting for a WW villain and definitely more complex than First Born. She challenges WW's intellect, core nature and presents the ultimate challenge that gets to the essence of WW-- a warrior by default who wants to save not just innocents but rehabilitate misguided or twisted souls. Barbara is presented as a friend establishing a past where the protagonist wants the best for her adversary similar to Xavier/Magneto or Smallville or original Superboy mythos Clark/Luthor.

First Born is big bad with only one goal to destroy. He is another attempt at giving WW a Doomsday of her own when WW has always faced Doomsday in the eyes of a lost soul or innocent corrupted.

Cheetah plays to WW's humanity within the warrior which is one of WW's most powerful and attractive qualities as a female hero.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@jake_fury said:

more people know cheetah and ares than mirror master and captain cold,both the comic audience and the general audience.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I'll agree on Cheetah but Ares is more known as a Greek god than a WW villain.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gokuwarrior

@rustyroy said:

@gokuwarrior: I'll agree on Cheetah but Ares is more known as a Greek god than a WW villain.

ares has had a lot of exposure as a WW villan,not on the level of cheetah but still,and cheetah hasn't reached her full potential yet,she is a great villan that many times was victim of bad writtin,she has a lot of potential,cheetah is a great villan for WW,her vision of the world that connects her as a wonder woman's villan,cheetah as the avatar of a god has a chaotic and hopeless vision of the world and humanity and can't conceal her frustration and hate towards wonder woman for wanting to act as a human,for leaving her godly statu behind to live as a normal person and put her powers to serve humanity,cheetah thinks there is no point in the world,humanity is doomed by its own nature,wonder woman works for a better work,she thinks that you can always make a different,we got a conflict of ideas between them and we also has cheetah working as a reminder of what diana could become,what she would be without her hope and love,and cheetah always living to see diana lose faith in her goals and be corrupted,a psychotic desire to say to her,"i told you","i want to be there when you realize you have been playing a loosing game",i find all these about cheetah to be very interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@jake_fury said:

more people know cheetah and ares than mirror master and captain cold,both the comic audience and the general audience.

Purely your opinion.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury:no,it's a fact,do a survey and you'll see,and outside the US not many peopple know flash'r villans,i travel a lot and i know for experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Well considering Grodd & the Rogues' books smoked Cheetah and First Born I'd say its pretty obvious, but oh well.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Well considering Grodd & the Rogues' books smoked Cheetah and First Born I'd say its pretty obvious, but oh well.

there is a market outside the US,just in case you don't know.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury said:

there is a market outside the US,just in case you don't know.

Not too big a market compared to US.

@rustyroy said:

ares has had a lot of exposure as a WW villan,not on the level of cheetah but still,and cheetah hasn't reached her full potential yet,she is a great villan that many times was victim of bad writtin,she has a lot of potential,cheetah is a great villan for WW,her vision of the world that connects her as a wonder woman's villan,cheetah as the avatar of a god has a chaotic and hopeless vision of the world and humanity and can't conceal her frustration and hate towards wonder woman for wanting to act as a human,for leaving her godly statu behind to live as a normal person and put her powers to serve humanity,cheetah thinks there is no point in the world,humanity is doomed by its own nature,wonder woman works for a better work,she thinks that you can always make a different,we got a conflict of ideas between them and we also has cheetah working as a reminder of what diana could become,what she would be without her hope and love,and cheetah always living to see diana lose faith in her goals and be corrupted,a psychotic desire to say to her,"i told you","i want to be there when you realize you have been playing a loosing game",i find all these about cheetah to be very interesting.

Still Ares is not nearly as popular as other Flash villains. Captain Cold, Zoom, Professor Zoom, Grodd, Weather Wizard, Rogues are more popular than WW's other villains including Ares. And almost every villain who are not in the Top Ten haven't reached their full potential.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@jphulk26: All of the 3D villains month books were heavily allocated by DC.

We got KILLED with allocation :( It was so bad for some issues that we didn't even have enough of the 3D covers for subscribers, let alone other customers.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:worldwide market>>>US market,and i already said that cheetah is more known than any flash villan.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: You've got proof? Or any link? The biggest Market for comic books is US, Japan and UK is probably the next but they have their own thing, US > rest of the world in terms of American comic book sales.

And I already agreed with you on that, but the others are not nearly as popular than other Flash Rogues and if its Flash Rogues vs. WW rogues as a whole including every villains then Flash rogues stomp.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@gokuwarrior: You've got proof? Or any link? The biggest Market for comic books is US, Japan and UK is probably the next but they have their own thing, US > rest of the world in terms of American comic book sales.

And I already agreed with you on that, but the others are not nearly as popular than other Flash Rogues and if its Flash Rogues vs. WW rogues as a whole including every villains then Flash rogues stomp.

comic sales between europe,australia,latin america and asia>>>sales from the US,that's what i mean.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic sales between europe,australia,latin america and asia>>>sales from the US,that's what i mean.

Do they list the comic sales? I'll still say American comic book sales are more in US than in those areas, Asia and Europe has their own comic books, and even if I'm supposed to believe that their sales are more than US where's the proof that Cheetah sold more than Grodd, RF or the Rogues?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jphulk26

Flashes rogues are awesome. I love The Flash, he´s someone else I wish they´d do more with.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay Cheetah! You know if First Born had won it would have been said it's because of Azzarello's superior story telling and the whackness of Wonder Woman's villains, but that's clearly not the case.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Yay Cheetah! You know if First Born had won it would have been said it's because of Azzarello's superior story telling and the whackness of Wonder Woman's villains, but that's clearly not the case.

Why would it have been the case then if not for Azzarello's quality story telling and the unfamiliarity with Diana's rogues gallery?

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you look at the totals,its quite obvious that DC shipped out am certain number of books per character. All of the totals are way too close together. With some being seperated by less than 100 copies.I feel that cheetah and first born....along with alot of others would have done way better if they lived up to the real orders and not allocated the books.I loved both stories BUT the first born was soooooo much better than cheetah ,and cheetah was soooo much better than most of the BS they gave us last month.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis said:

If you look at the totals,its quite obvious that DC shipped out am certain number of books per character. All of the totals are way too close together. With some being seperated by less than 100 copies.I feel that cheetah and first born....along with alot of others would have done way better if they lived up to the real orders and not allocated the books.I loved both stories BUT the first born was soooooo much better than cheetah ,and cheetah was soooo much better than most of the BS they gave us last month.

Thats true, but cheetah was better than First Born. But still both were better than most trash they put out. did you read Riddler? Awful.I´m suprised Braniac didn´t make it in to the top 10 that was really good and I thought he was one of the most popular badguys.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lvenger said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Why would it have been the case then if not for Azzarello's quality story telling and the unfamiliarity with Diana's rogues gallery?

cheetah is very famous,and diana's villans have never had the promotio and push they should have,cheetah,circe and ares have a lot of potential,but they need proper screentime outside wonder womans title and not some crappy stories where they are defeated by street level chatacters.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kind of weird to be quibbling over books ranked 90 and such. Better question..since WW is a pretty darn good book, and better than a lot of books that out-sell it, how can she break the top 50?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: are we supposed to stick to the origin that Johns wrote in Justice League or the one from the villain's month spotlight?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jphulk26

@gokuwarrior - I´m usually on your side, but why are you dissing Flash´s rogues. Flash is as cool as WW and his rogues may well be better known. They sold more than Cheetah after all. I don´t think the point is WW rogues are better known and better loved, because clearly they are not. The point is they should be and there is no reason they aren´t. Just my two cents in this debate.

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW that is quite an accomplishment to make.

aha muaha muahaha Muahahahahjajajajaja

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who outside of comics would know who Reverse-Flash is? And how?

Black Manta is a maybe after Young Justice.

Ares and Circe are mythological figures that someone would at least suspect to be tied to Wonder Woman who is associated with gods.

Who outside of comics would know or understand First Born without asking why didn't DC just use Hercules, Ares, Hades, or even Darkseid for better effect and stronger appeal to bigger DC picture?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@jake_fury said:

Yeah no you could meet someone whose not into comics that knows who Reverse Flash or Manta is but can't list a WW villain.

reverse flash?,keep dreaming,cheetah is more known in and out of comics than any flash's villan.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: @sinisteri: @justthatkid:

Both Flash and Wonder Woman rogues are obscure. I can´t believe you guys are fighting who has better Rogues of two characters who are both awesome and deserve more respect than they get. What next, diss Shazam and Martian Manhunter. The only guy in JL worth dissing is Green Lantern :) just kidding. Jokes green Lantern fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.