Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Adrianne Palicki As Wonder Woman Costume Revealed!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#451  Edited By warlock360

they changed the boots

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#452  Edited By WDW

I think the costume is GREAT considering its a superhero costume. Adrianna looks fantastic!

Adrianna looks more like Wonder Woman than Lynda Carter.... Atleast Adrianna looks like she can fight. Lynda looked great but honestly she looked more like a pinup doll than an a beautiful Amazon Warrior. 

No Caption Provided
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453  Edited By Vitality

Why does black have to be such a bad color to people? 

I truly believe that using that suit with black pants and black boots would make it perfect for live action.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By WDW
    @Vitality said:
    " Why does black have to be such a bad color to people?  I truly believe that using that suit with black pants and black boots would make it perfect for live action. "
    I totally agree....I would prefer black books black bottomes with the gold on her shoes like the comic book but I will settle with making the pants darker blue.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By Vitality
    @WDW said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " Why does black have to be such a bad color to people?  I truly believe that using that suit with black pants and black boots would make it perfect for live action. "
    I totally agree....I would prefer black books black bottomes with the gold on her shoes like the comic book but I will settle with making the pants darker blue. "

True...what they have hear is a vast improvement from what they originally showed. 
    Though I suspect that was their plan the whole time.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By WDW
    @Vitality said:
    " @WDW said:
    " @Vitality said:
    I totally agree....I would prefer black books black bottomes with the gold on her shoes like the comic book but I will settle with making the pants darker blue. "
    True...what they have hear is a vast improvement from what they originally showed. Though I suspect that was their plan the whole time. "
    Yeah I am beginning to suspect that as well
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@WDW: 

"  
    I think the costume is GREAT considering its a superhero costume. Adrianna looks fantastic!

Adrianna looks more like Wonder Woman than Lynda Carter.... Atleast Adrianna looks like she can fight. Lynda looked great but honestly she looked more like a pinup doll than an a beautiful Amazon Warrior. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Sooo.this is the costume being used?  They are not going back to the bathing suit?   
    No Caption Provided
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By WDW
    @Donovan Montgomery said:

" @WDW: 

"  

"
    Sooo.this is the costume being used?  They are not going back to the bathing suit?   
    No Caption Provided
    "

No Caption Provided

Nope no bathing suit. Thank HERA!
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#459  Edited By UltraHeroix

Looks like the Live-Action Wonder Woman will wear a form of the Linda Carter Short Shorts after all. It's good to see someone finally listened to the fans. Woot!!!
    Here is the link to the article:

http://www.movieline.com/2011/04/sexy-wonder-woman-costume-update-adrianne-palicki-will-actually-have-3-different-superhero-outfits.php#more

According to Movieline’s sister site TVLine, Warner Bros. has actually given Palicki three different Wonder Woman costumes of varying degrees of sexiness. You’ve already seen her first two looks (below), and NBC president Robert Greenblatt teased the third this morning.

“There was an initial outcry about the long pants — you know, skintight pants as opposed to those little shorts [worn by Lynda Carter in the original TV series],” NBC president Robert Greenblatt told TVLine. “But the shorts were always planned. They are actually used in the final confrontation when she beats Veronica Cale [played by Elizabeth Hurley].”

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By batmanary

The updated look looks much better, and works overall with the tone of the show.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#461  Edited By cascadeking09
    @batmanary said:
    " The updated look looks much better, and works overall with the tone of the show. "
    Yup.
    @WDW said:
    " @Donovan Montgomery said:

" @WDW: 

"  

"
    No Caption Provided
    "

No Caption Provided
      Nope no bathing suit. Thank HERA! "
    Agreed, this look is  way better for live action.
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By UltraHeroix

No Caption Provided
    I think this is the third and last variation of the costume, the one with the classic shorts. You can't see much but the stars are white and not gold as the prior pants version.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#463  Edited By Mercy_

The eagle and belt piece look like clunky plastic accessories.................

Not even going to go into how the material looks like cheap plasticy Halloween costume material and yoga pants.....
    battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By battyfan1
    @UltraHeroix: 

lols......still doesn't help the fact that she's not a good choice for WW.....
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By WDW
    @UltraHeroix said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    I think this is the third and last variation of the costume, the one with the classic shorts. You can't see much but the stars are white and not gold as the prior pants version. "
    hopefully she wears pantyhose like lynda Carter did
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By UltraHeroix
    @WDW:  yeah, I agree with you on that. She looked great in the "satin tights"!
    Kim-so

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Kim-so

Not belly out , please ! have the decency to customize a uniform worthy of heroin, supergirl now is the time to change the uniform .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.