Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine Vs Thor #1 Debuts On Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Wolverine vs. Thor...has this actually happened before?  I do recall Excalibur mistakenly fighting Thor thinking he was Juggernaut ( Kitty actually half phased him into the ground and made him cry).  What happens if Wolverine's Adamantium claws go up against Thor's Mjolnir.   We can find out exclusively on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited. 

Wolverine Vs Thor #1 will be written by veteran Wolverine writer Frank Tieri and drawn by Paco Diaz.  This will be a three part epic event.  When Wolverine is confronted by an army of his greatest foes at the same time, how can he survive?  Will Thor join in with Wolverine or against him?  

It might seem like a no-brainer question but Thor has seemed a bit moody lately.  Maybe he's still angry at everyone associated with the X-Men and Excalibur over what Kitty did to him (okay, maybe he didn't actually cry but he did cry out over it).

You can get a FREE four page preview HERE.  If you're a Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited subscriber, you can read the entire comic.  For more information about subscribing, click HERE.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By jefprice

@#$% Digi Comics. Lol

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Scourge

I just saw this on Marvel and Wolverine better not be fighting Thor. That's just crazy. Page 4 looks epic.

DorianOtten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DorianOtten

Now i may not be the most neutral, since i'm kinda sick of wolverene by this stage and Thor's one of my all time favourites, but how can he even hope to fight a god?! I know these things are usually settled by popularity rather than actual power but come on! Though that art work is pretty good to be fair. I've realised that on the rare occasions i respond to these it's to complain so just wanted to say something positive to show i'm not a complete whiner :)
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Wolverine Vs Thor thats crazy, wolverine should throw in the towle...or he might be mind controled by lady deathstrike
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Lady Deathstrike's whole anatomy looks weird. Her torso looks so long. She doesn't even look Asian. I like how Humberto Ramos drew her.

No Caption Provided
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazed_h3ro
    @FoxxFireArt:
    yeah she looks like some messed up silly pudy...in a way
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King Quisling

What's up with page 4,all those people in one room at once? I smell a dream sequence. And how come Deathstrike is so sexy? I WANT BIG-HANDS DEATHSTRIKE! 

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ryanwh

Thumb claws are corny, stop it Marvel.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Media_Master

Thor would win hands-down

Racer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Racer_X

wow..there goes marvel again trying to make wolverine look like a top tier =l

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Racer_X said:
    " wow..there goes marvel again trying to make wolverine look like a top tier =l "
    Yeah, because he doesn't make them insane amounts of money, or anything...

/sarcasm
    Racer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Racer_X
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    " @Racer_X said:
    " wow..there goes marvel again trying to make wolverine look like a top tier =l "
    Yeah, because he doesn't make them insane amounts of money, or anything...  /sarcasm "
    So they couldn't make a crossover with someone else?
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

I believe this is a new, never-before-done thing. That's why they're doing it, to you know...make the thousands of fans that DO like Wolverine happy. Can't look the other way?

Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Nisk5

I just read the preview, ITS RIDICULOUS! Why would there be Apocalypse, Omega Red, Sinister (male Sinister, isnt he suppossed  to be a girl?) Daken, Bastion, Mystique, Cyber etc. That would never happen! Not all those characters would team together to kill Wolverine. And why would Daken work with Cyber?  
    THIS MAKES NO SENSE
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

on the bright side wolverine would get to go to valhalla

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Nisk5 said:
    " I just read the preview, ITS RIDICULOUS! Why would there be Apocalypse, Omega Red, Sinister (male Sinister, isnt he suppossed  to be a girl?) Daken, Bastion, Mystique, Cyber etc. That would never happen! Not all those characters would team together to kill Wolverine. And why would Daken work with Cyber?  THIS MAKES NO SENSE "
    sinister was a guy originally, so.... idk. either way, the rest of that is horse shit. Marvel is pissing me off now days. Did anyone read Zombie's Return Spiderman? That was all BS. I hated it. I hate Marvel...
    Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ellocobruja

Wolverine has jumped the shark
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By robbiesol

Gosh they can't be serious.  Wolverine used to be a good character.  This Wolverine-love is just getting ridiculous.  They need 3 issues to tell us that: 

Thor punches Wolverine.  He explodes. 

The end.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By goldenkey
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "Lady Deathstrike's whole anatomy looks weird. Her torso looks so long. She doesn't even look Asian. I like how Humberto Ramos drew her.

"

that's because Ramos is amazing.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goldenkey
    @robbiesol said:
    "Gosh they can't be serious.  Wolverine used to be a good character.  This Wolverine-love is just getting ridiculous.  They need 3 issues to tell us that:  Thor punches Wolverine.  He explodes.  The end. "

It's okay when Wolverine fights the Hulk tho? 
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By robbiesol
    @goldenkey said:
    "@robbiesol said:
    "Gosh they can't be serious.  Wolverine used to be a good character.  This Wolverine-love is just getting ridiculous.  They need 3 issues to tell us that:  Thor punches Wolverine.  He explodes.  The end. "
    It's okay when Wolverine fights the Hulk tho?  "

No.  Totally differnt tier.   Hulk would own him.

They only ever fight nowadays cause some writer is nostalgic about Wolverine's first appearance being in the Hulk.  Wolverine should stick with gutting wave after wave of minions, gives us some nice slash action while also proving he's the best their is at what he does.  But what he does, does not involve fighting a Norse god and having a remote chance.   
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#22  Edited By Green ankh

Is Wolverine the only Marvel Hero?  

Him and the Mouse are going to be the masccots?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's strange, I can't actually think of a story line where Wolverine & Thor have come in direct contact with each other.  Despite the X-Men having previous adventures in Adgard, Thor wasn't there at the time.   

It does seem odd that they haven't done this before.  At the same time, it seems odd that they want to do this now.  It seems a rather small incentive to get readers to subscribe to a service they have to pay for.  I mean, I love the Pet Avengers, but I'm not going to pay to use an internet site to read Tails of the Pet Avengers. 

@Nisk5
    said:

"I just read the preview, ITS RIDICULOUS! Why would there be Apocalypse, Omega Red, Sinister (male Sinister, isnt he suppossed  to be a girl?) Daken, Bastion, Mystique, Cyber etc. That would never happen! Not all those characters would team together to kill Wolverine. And why would Daken work with Cyber?  THIS MAKES NO SENSE "
    It also has Sabretooth at the end.  It's all part of a hook to get you to read more.  It's doubtful that Apocalypse, Mystique and a bunch of supposedly dead characters would all suddenly ambush Wolverine in a humble bar.  My best guess is that it's an illusion; part of some sort of ruse to led towards a cheesy hero versus hero battle.
    robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By robbiesol
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "It's strange, I can't actually think of a story line where Wolverine & Thor have come in direct contact with each other.  Despite the X-Men having previous adventures in Adgard, Thor wasn't there at the time.   

It does seem odd that they haven't done this before.  At the same time, it seems odd that they want to do this now.  It seems a rather small incentive to get readers to subscribe to a service they have to pay for.  I mean, I love the Pet Avengers, but I'm not going to pay to use an internet site to read Tails of the Pet Avengers. 

@Nisk5
    said:
    "I just read the preview, ITS RIDICULOUS! Why would there be Apocalypse, Omega Red, Sinister (male Sinister, isnt he suppossed  to be a girl?) Daken, Bastion, Mystique, Cyber etc. That would never happen! Not all those characters would team together to kill Wolverine. And why would Daken work with Cyber?  THIS MAKES NO SENSE "
    It also has Sabretooth at the end.  It's all part of a hook to get you to read more.  It's doubtful that Apocalypse, Mystique and a bunch of supposedly dead characters would all suddenly ambush Wolverine in a humble bar.  My best guess is that it's an illusion; part of some sort of ruse to led towards a cheesy hero versus hero battle. "

Loki induced illusion I'd say. 
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Bobby X

Wolverine vs. Thor is not a fight at all and they better not make it one. I hope that is just a bad title for a team-up.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#26  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Bobby X: Like you said, it's just a title.  Most likely to play off the success of the Hulk Vs Thor DVD.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty: You are wise, I bet you hit the nail on the head.

I don't read X-titles but they are doing this right. I'm intrigued by a 'battle' between Wolvie and Thor. Also intrigued by all those villains which shouldn't be there and I know it's an illusion or dream. Marketed perfect, I was definitely upset there wasn't a next page and now I want to read it.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By speedlgt

OMG thor is Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo going down..........He has no chance  
    wolveirne FTW
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Phorqe

THOR IS A DEAD MAN!

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

One of Wolverine's Weaknesses is electricity. That should make this fight really easy.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By Moomin123

Thor shall win! He's the God of Thunder. He has Mjolnir, the magical hammer which should surely be able to crush the "indestructible" adamantium.
    sifsclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sifsclub

tho
    supercell123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By supercell123
    @Phorqe:
    Thor is gonna get owned bt wolverine.
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Mbecks14

Hope Thor does some serious ass kicking!

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LP

Wolvie will die. Thor is immortal after all.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By doordoor123

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By why so serious
    @robbiesol said:

i used to like wolverine ( especially feral state wolverine ) until the fanboys ruined it for me.  and then hugh jackman's idiotic performance as wolverine just made me hate the character.
    Avatar image for deactivated-62930dbdca824
    deactivated-62930dbdca824

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow lot of wolverine haters on this site. Seriously every fight wolverines in it's usually one or two guys against like 5-7 people.  Its crazy. 

but i think wolverine can take him in the sense that THOR CAN DIE.  Thats what that whole halls of valhala is about.  Asgardians dying if there gets stabbed throught the chest its done unless he has healing factor.  You should all no that in comics the cultural gods (norse,greece etc..) actually aren't givin  enough credit this shouldn't even be an argument since the word god is in it but comics are always messing with that word. 

This should be a 6/10 chance for wolverine since i don't think thor can kill him with anything he has including malnior but a knockout might be possible (but it would take a while, a long while) If Thor doesn't get stabed through any vitals then thors got this. 

Percy_Scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Percy_Scott

Wolverine should die if it's a straight up fight. There are a number of possibilities for why it won't be, though. First, Thor seems to rarely use anywhere near his real power in a fight, always lowering himself to the level of his opponents. He's arrogant. He's full of himself. He thinks he's made of win.

Thor isn't actually immortal. He can be killed and he even ages if he isn't semi-regularly eating the Golden Apples (or whatever) that all the Norse Gods have to eat to stay immortal.

The definition of God is A) the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe. B) Christian Science: the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : Infinite Mind

C) A being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship;specifically: one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality.

D) A person or thing of supreme value.

E) A powerful ruler.

The first two definitions would make for a power that should be incapable of being overcome unless they allowed it to happen. However, definitions C - E allow for calling a character such as Thor a god and still having him not be all powerful, the only requirements being he has more than natural attributes/powers [true], controls one aspect or part of reality [true], of supreme value [people seem to think this is true], a powerful ruler [son of a ruler but true enough to be called true.]

Wolverine used to be interesting but Marvel has seriously overpowered him in recent years. He's just kind of dull. He isn't as strong, resilient, or have as many powers as Superman but somehow he's even more overpowered as it is literally impossible to kill him these days and he recovers from injuries in seconds instead of minutes or more. They really need to decide how good his healing is and just be consistent about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.