Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine Vs Scarlet Spider

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

For those of you who don't follow Scarlet Spider in issue 17 its been stated that Kaine has been hired to kill Wolverine by the Assassins Guild. Not being a big Logan follower I just wondered if anyone could explain why the Assassins Guild want poor old Wolvie dead?

Scarlet Spider 17
    Scarlet Spider 17

Any of you Wolverine followers gonna be picking this up? Also in the solicits it says Kaine is going to be attacking him at his school. How many mutants are actually at Logan's school currently? I don't like Kaine's odds if theres a lot lol!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JakeN7

@Strider92: Wow! That's amazing! Wolverine and Spider-Man are my #2 and #3 favorite superheroes of all time, respectively. How can I not get this!? I've been meaning to get into Scarlet Spider, but haven't found the time. Is #17 a new arc? Or would I have to go back to the most recent jumping-on point? And what issue would that be exactly? This just looks so cool. That cover is beautiful. Also, what's with Kaine's new look? It looks very reminiscent of Peter's "Big Time" suit (with red lights instead of green) I'm digging it!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@JakeN7: I think its going to be a new arc. The current arc ends in issue 15 and 16 is a filler so I would guess 17 is most likely a new arc. As for Kaine's look that IS the same costume Peter made during Big Time Kaine basically stole it from him at the end of Spider-Island lol. Madame Webb changed the suit to make it look like the red and black one he normally wears. I guess Kaine got bored with the colour scheme and changed it back. We'll have to wait and see. It might be something to do with Kaine dying and being ressurected and getting some new powers from the Other in the last issue.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JakeN7

@Strider92 said:

@JakeN7: I think its going to be a new arc. The current arc ends in issue 15 and 16 is a filler so I would guess 17 is most likely a new arc. As for Kaine's look that IS the same costume Peter made during Big Time Kaine basically stole it from him at the end of Spider-Island lol. Madame Webb changed the suit to make it look like the red and black one he normally wears. I guess Kaine got bored with the colour scheme and changed it back. We'll have to wait and see. It might be something to do with Kaine dying and being ressurected and getting some new powers from the Other in the last issue.

Hmm...very cool, thanks for the info! That thing about the suit is hilarious. Would you recommend just going ahead and jumping in with this issue? Or would you suggest backtracking and catching up a bit?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@JakeN7: ermmm you could jump straight in but as in the solicits it says that the Assassins guild have hired him to kill Logan it might be worth reading Scarlet Spider 3-4 as it follows Kaine's fight against the Assassins Guild and why he has agreed to help them here. At a guess I would say that is the prequel to this story (+ the art in those issues is awesome).

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JakeN7

@Strider92 said:

@JakeN7: ermmm you could jump straight in but as in the solicits it says that the Assassins guild have hired him to kill Logan it might be worth reading Scarlet Spider 3-4 as it follows Kaine's fight against the Assassins Guild and why he has agreed to help them here. At a guess I would say that is the prequel to this story.

Ok cool, thanks. I'll try and check out the first trade.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@JakeN7: I think the TPB is called "Life After Death" and collects issues 1-6 that should contain the background info :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JakeN7

@Strider92 said:

@JakeN7: I think the TPB is called "Life After Death" and collects issues 1-6 that should contain the background info :)

You're so damn helpful. I'm gonna un-follow you, just so I can follow you again. Lol.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By LastOblivion

Wow, cool. I need to start reading Scarlet Spider...

Maybe he'll simply get to Wolverine using the stealth thing. lol

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@LastOblivion: According to Yost he's going to use Aracely to "distract" the other mutants. No idea what he means by that maybe her TP skills are going to become OPed over the next few issues lol. If not I don't see how she'll keep them all distracted.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will pick this up, and there is a crapload of mutants at the school....

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

@LastOblivion: According to Yost he's going to use Aracely to "distract" the other mutants. No idea what he means by that maybe her TP skills are going to become OPed over the next few issues lol. If not I don't see how she'll keep them all distracted.

Well it was shown in issue 13 that Aracely is the host of an Aztec god. I'm guessing that having a god on your side when confronting a school full of mutants is probably a good thing. Especially is she manages to gain full control over her abilities.

Anyway i'll be picking this up!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Granted it's in Kaine's own book, I'm gonna get this rubbed in my face by Jashro and Strider.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@god_spawn: Who moi!? I would never do something like that! How dare you think so low of me :p

In issue 18 they team up to beat the crap out of the Assassins Guild so you never know their initial fight might be inconclusive or interrupted by another mutant. I still don't see how Aracely is going to be able to keep the all distracted tbh.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Strider92: I just don't Logan to get SpOcked again lol. But SS has been one of the best consistent books from Marvel lately so I have faith in Yost.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@god_spawn: Yeah Yost should do it justice. Its not like Ennis is writing it......lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jashro44

@god_spawn said:

@Strider92: I just don't Logan to get SpOcked again lol. But SS has been one of the best consistent books from Marvel lately so I have faith in Yost.

Yost is the one who wrote the Spock beat down :p so don't get your hopes up to much

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@god_spawn said:

Yost is the one who wrote the Spock beat down :p so don't get your hopes up to much

I know, but I was hoping for a lightning doesn't strike twice kinda deal >_>.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@god_spawn: lol well we will see. All though Kaine could end up fighting multiple mutants here. Unless he spends the entire fight in stealth mode.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I can't help but wonder how long this "other" development will last. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

I hope not long tbh. I saw it at the end of the issue when he transformed and thought it looked horrible.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@god_spawn said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I hope not long tbh. I saw it at the end of the issue when he transformed and thought it looked horrible.

The "Other" development itself is going to last a long time. However his new form will not. Kaine is back to normal by issue 17 as seen in the preview art. However whatever abilities he gains from his transformation are there to stay and from what Yost has said they seem to be inside and not outside. Unless he is able to shift between being human and being the "Other" at will. A Were-Spider lol:

No Caption Provided

Do I spy Superior in that last panel! I think so!!!!!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Strider92: As long as the form is lost, I can live with the new transformation.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By JamesKM716

@god_spawn said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Agree entirely

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they are gonna team-up against the Assassins Guild:

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

@strider92: Kaine looks very effeminate in that cover.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strider1992
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Wolverine couldn't beat Spider-man no way He'll be able to beat Kane with his more vicious fighting style and his The Other powers.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 god_spawn  Moderator

@strider92: No, it's definitely effeminate Kaine. He gotz them dancer legs. And Logan looks like he is stabbing people with straws. I hate this cover already.

MortalX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how is it again that Kane is suppose to kill Wolverine? He rips out his hart & splits it in half right? How is this possible do to the fact Wolverines bones are laced with adamantium which is suppose to be an indestructible, uncutable substance.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 god_spawn  Moderator

So how is it again that Kane is suppose to kill Wolverine? He rips out his hart & splits it in half right? How is this possible do to the fact Wolverines bones are laced with adamantium which is suppose to be an indestructible, uncutable substance.

He doesn't rip anything out. He just stabs Wolverine in the spacing between the ribs and cuts it in half.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cecil Peoples has it at 31-29 for Logan via SD.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.