Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Who Should Write Wolverine

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Soverighn

Who Should Write Wolverine

I Have Been Having A Thought Lately

Even Tho Jocks an Paul Cornell Have Really Great Wolverine Books Out Now

I Think This Team Could Even Be Better

I Am Talking About

Peter J. Tomasi & Patrick Gleason I Have Really Enjoyed There Work Mostly There Batman and ..... Books It Has Horror, Action Great Fight Scenes An Pretty Great Stories That Seem Like They Might Suit Logan Really Well.

So I Am Gonna Post The Most Wolverine Like Scenes From There Books.

So Tell Me Do You Agree an Give Me Your Wolverine Dream Team.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Soverighn

start

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Cornell has currently crapped on the character for the past few months. He has done nothing notable for Logan that has impacted the character in a good way, and I'll only really condemn his Wolverine or give him some praise for the end of his Killable arc, depending on what he does as his execution and characterization for Logan have been rather off. So really anything aside from current Jason Aaron at this point might be better than Cornellverine.

As for putting Tomasi on Logan? Maybe. If I had to pick who should write Wolverine, I'd ideally go with Mark Miller. Enemy of the State is still one of my favorite Wolverine stories, and he gets the character. Miller also introduced to us what was easily the most badass Wolverine villain in quite some time in the Gorgon. Out of recent times, I enjoyed Zeb Wells' take on Logan. I had a few gripes here and there, but I had a lot fun reading his mini arc. I think he should have stayed on with the book.

Throw either in with Del'Otto and I'd be totally set.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 god_spawn  Moderator
    Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Greg pak

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rick Remender gets my vote.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick Remender gets my vote.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Brian *K. Vaughan- Brian has an interesting style of writing and all of his work is loved by basically everyone so i wouldn't mind him getting this chance.

He already did a mini called Logan.

BB

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I've liked his Wolverine in Uncanny X-Force :) Brian K. Vaughn gets is my other choice. I recently read his "Logan" mini series from 2008, and it was one of the most well written and poignant Wolverine stories I have read in a while. Dude has got Wolverine down.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, after thinking about it, let Brian K. Vaughn write a Wolverine solo. He'd kill it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@billy_batson said:

@theacidskull said:

Brian *K. Vaughan- Brian has an interesting style of writing and all of his work is loved by basically everyone so i wouldn't mind him getting this chance.

He already did a mini called Logan.

BB

How was it?

It was alright.

BB

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

I'm liking Jason Starr's Wolvie Max. Logan in a noir-type book plagued with memory loss. Too bad it isn't 616. In fact that's the only solo Wolverine book I like at the moment.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Cornell's Wolverine has been really bad from the start and I can't see the series getting any better if Cornell continues with the same tone.I would really like to see Mark Millar again on Wolverine since his Enemy of the State was so great and with him probably Rick Remender.Remender did a great job with Wolverine and rest of the characters in UXF.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Just read the first trade for Cornell's series and it was a bit lackluster. Maybe because I find Nick Fury Jr extremely boring. I think he's trying to make Logan almost too human. However, I do think it has some potential.

How have issues 7-9 been?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By longbowhunter

I'm not a dyed in the wool Wolverine fan. But if Remender did a solo Wolverine book I'd read it. My shop currently has BKV's Logan at 1/2 price. Think I'll pick that up.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By ImagineMan16

Yeah, after thinking about it, let Brian K. Vaughn write a Wolverine solo. He'd kill it.

I think we should let Brian K. Vaughn write everything.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolverine008

@longbowhunter: Pick it up man. You'll love it, and I bet you'll become a dyed in the wool Wolverine fan :)

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously mark waid with andrea sorrentino on art

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BattheMan008

Waid or Bendis, since he's already writing X-Men. Question, is "Killable" worth reading, or no?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Kyle/Yost - Writing & Mike Deodato Jr. - Art

This is how it should be.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolverine008

@irishx said:

I love Mike Deadtato Jr.'s Wolverine!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

Sold!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

I think we should let Brian K. Vaughn write everything.

Hell yeah! Everything would be fantastic then, but I doubt Vaughn could handle that much work. Lol.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really good teams

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@wolverine08: I've been reading all the trades for 100 Bullets and I'm in love with Eduardo Risso's work. That plus Vaughn has been one of my favorite writers for years. Thanks for the push man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter:

No prob man. It was Vaughn producing high quality work as usual. One of the best Wolverine stories I have read in a while. I hope you enjoy it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 god_spawn  Moderator

As long as Spider-Man stays out of the picture, Yost could do a pretty good Wolverine. I enjoyed his Wolverine in Psylocke: Kill Matsuo. And Logan was done much better in his Scarlet Spider crossover than he did in Superior. Yost jobbed him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @god_spawn: Have Cornell's latest issues been better than Hunting Season? Just read that trade yesterday and it was pretty lackluster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Nobody, ever.

Also, you don't need to capitalize every word in a sentence.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jake_fury: Funny you should ask. I am currently writing a response on another tab since you asked. I'll have it posted in a minute.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Haha, nice. Hit me up when it's good to go.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jake_fury:

God awful. Cornell is basically redoing a scenario situation to Fatal Attractions, except this time Wolverine has been stripped of his manhood and ability to fight. So you read the first trade, you know his healing factor is gone right? Well if you don't mind spoilers, please read ahead.

So Logan loses his healing factor, not the first time this has happened, but now Logan is a little b*tch. He was b*tching because he cut himself shaving. He almost cried when Beast hugged him because he will age normally and can die. He yelled at a guy for almost running him over. He was freaking out because he has allergies. He flipped a table and punched Thor because Thor was immortal. He went to Kurt's grave for some reason. He had a nice moment with Storm, but that was it. He fights Black Panther but keeps running into his fists because "his fighting style is dependent on his healing factor", which is just a bunch of bullsh*t because Logan uses his HF to his advantage because he is lazy and doesn't have to dodge, it doesn't mean he can't. He then gets into a fight with Batroc, and the Leaper goes on for like 3 pages avoiding every single hit from Logan while administering plenty of his own. Logan gets one stab and the fight is over, but he also mentions he got lazy and lost some skill for an unknown reason. Batroc mentions there is a bounty on his head and that is pretty much it.

None of this makes sense since in the last two years writers have been trying to get away from that healing factor only aspect. Bendis showed him to be on par with Iron Fist. Brubaker made Wolverine and Cap fight to be relatively on the same level with each other, but I think Logan looked a bit better. Yost gave props to Wolverine's skill level. Remender made him kill Daken. Jason Aaron made Logan know alien pressure points just through him studying to be the best at combat. He's also beaten Sabretooth a few times as well. Point is, we have a handful of writers showing Logan is more than just a healing factor with claws. Cornell kind of erases all of that with his current arc and is doing a scenario that Logan was already kind of in with Fatal Attractions. The main difference is Logan didn't at least even have the adamantium, and he was still training and fighting skillfully.

He doesn't need his ady or HF to be a badass. Cornell doesn't get it.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Mark Waid.I would love for him to turn Wolverine into a swashbuckling hero

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Guys What About brian azzarello he is a solid writer an is amazing at dark an gritty stuff.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury:

God awful. Cornell is basically redoing a scenario situation to Fatal Attractions, except this time Wolverine has been stripped of his manhood and ability to fight. So you read the first trade, you know his healing factor is gone right? Well if you don't mind spoilers, please read ahead.

So Logan loses his healing factor, not the first time this has happened, but now Logan is a little b*tch. He was b*tching because he cut himself shaving. He almost cried when Beast hugged him because he will age normally and can die. He yelled at a guy for almost running him over. He was freaking out because he has allergies. He flipped a table and punched Thor because Thor was immortal. He went to Kurt's grave for some reason. He had a nice moment with Storm, but that was it. He fights Black Panther but keeps running into his fists because "his fighting style is dependent on his healing factor", which is just a bunch of bullsh*t because Logan uses his HF to his advantage because he is lazy and doesn't have to dodge, it doesn't mean he can't. He then gets into a fight with Batroc, and the Leaper goes on for like 3 pages avoiding every single hit from Logan while administering plenty of his own. Logan gets one stab and the fight is over, but he also mentions he got lazy and lost some skill for an unknown reason. Batroc mentions there is a bounty on his head and that is pretty much it.

None of this makes sense since in the last two years writers have been trying to get away from that healing factor only aspect. Bendis showed him to be on par with Iron Fist. Brubaker made Wolverine and Cap fight to be relatively on the same level with each other, but I think Logan looked a bit better. Yost gave props to Wolverine's skill level. Remender made him kill Daken. Jason Aaron made Logan know alien pressure points just through him studying to be the best at combat. He's also beaten Sabretooth a few times as well. Point is, we have a handful of writers showing Logan is more than just a healing factor with claws. Cornell kind of erases all of that with his current arc and is doing a scenario that Logan was already kind of in with Fatal Attractions. The main difference is Logan didn't at least even have the adamantium, and he was still training and fighting skillfully.

He doesn't need his ady or HF to be a badass. Cornell doesn't get it.

No Caption Provided

What he said.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Nobody, ever.

Also, you don't need to capitalize every word in a sentence.

NO!

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Soverighn

bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.