Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

What was so Bad about XMen Origins: Wolverine??

• 80 results
    elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By elayem98

I saw it and liked it, yeah it had flaws, and deadpool in it was awful, but otherwise the movie was enjoyable for me.

I know basically everyone hates it with a passion though, so can you guys tell me what was bad?

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By LoganRogue24

for me i hate the bone claws sinse x-1 it showed his claws were man made implants. i hate that sabertooth looked nothing like x-1 version. i hate that the lab were logan got the metal put in him looked nothing like the one from x-2. i hate that the memory eraseing bullet thing cause it was stupid. plus when they put the metal in logan it looks nothing like the flashes in his dreams from 1 and 2.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LoganRogue24 said:

for me i hate the bone claws sinse x-1 it showed his claws were man made implants. i hate that sabertooth looked nothing like x-1 version. i hate that the lab were logan got the metal put in him looked nothing like the one from x-2. i hate that the memory eraseing bullet thing cause it was stupid. plus when they put the metal in logan it looks nothing like the flashes in his dreams from 1 and 2.

this and also I just don't like the way Hugh Jackman portrays Wolverine. His best performance as Logan was in X-Men First Class and that is sad.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ClawFist

For me, it felt too inconsistent from its source material and for what was set-up in X-Men and X2. I'm a hardcore Wolverine reader so when seeing a Wolverine movie, yeah I'm gonna be critiquing everything. However, there can be inconsistencies in a movie like this and still be fun. X-Men First Class is nothing like the comics but I still found it very entertaining and fun to watch.

Maybe I just feel X-Men Origins Wolverine didn't respect the source material it drew its stories and characters from. Team X just wasn't right. Sabretoothe and Wolverine brothers? I thought that was just wrong. Agent Zero, Christopher Nord was just wrong. Blob shouldn't have been on the team. The Adamantium bullet doesn't make any sense as Adamantium isn't supposed to be able to pierce Adamantium.

Yeah if I were to say what stopped me from enjoying it, I'd say because I know the source material, I feel it doesn't respect it. However from an outsider looking in, I can completely see how someone new to Wolverine could enjoy it, that is until they read everything that actually happens to the character.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ms__omega

Two words Amnesia Bullets........WTF? That made no freakin sense.....Wolverines skull is coated with adamantium as the bullet was as well, when he was shot in the head the bullet should not have penetrated his skull.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jack16ichigo

@elayem98 said:

I saw it and liked it, yeah it had flaws, and deadpool in it was awful, but otherwise the movie was enjoyable for me.

I know basically everyone hates it with a passion though, so can you guys tell me what was bad?

I pretty much agree with you,yeah it had flaws but so does every superhero movie........it wasn't the best but I'd happily watch it again....

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

It wasn't an exceptionally good film or even comparable to the likes of the first two X-Men films, but it wasn't unbearable to watch either.

It had it's flaws, especially introducing Sabertooth and Logan as brothers but I could overlook it. To me, I don't see the problem with Jackman's portrayal in the film. Yes, it was different but it was because he was playing Logan at a different stage in his life.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

One word: Barakapool, they had him nice at the begining, but then they had to mess it up didn't they.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By samuel_larson_10

@LoganRogue24 said:

you do realize that in the cannon he was born with bone claws right?

@DarkKnightDetective said:

One word: Barakapool, they had him nice at the begining, but then they had to mess it up didn't they.

this

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By artgamer

magic bullets!

the weird final boss deadpool

and in the origins video game wraith is the father of nightcrawler

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By looper

Barakapool. I'm not a deadpool fan, but the character looked more like Baraka than it did Deadpool. Wasn't called X-Men Origins Wolverine not Mortal Kombat Origins Baraka? Other than that I did not like the story line of the movie.

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Retro_Metro

I liked the end final team up fight of Wolverine and Sabertooth Vs Weapon XI. I thought that was pretty well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a lot easier to say what they did right, must shorter list

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I wouldn't say it's a terrible movie, but it was absolutely a disappointment. It's amusing at times, but the story gets too frustratingly stupid too frequently.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

@elayem98 said:

i love the film. it was the early ugly leak that destroyed the film

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By boschePG

@jhazzroucher said:

@elayem98 said:

you mean you got the unfinished version too...with the plane flying through CGI and Agent X witht he harness strings hanging from him as he threw his guns in the air?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

@elayem98 said:

Odd, I thought it was the bad writing, clustered story and idiotic moments. But hey, to each their own ;)

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@k4tzm4n said:

I wouldn't say it's a terrible movie, but it was absolutely a disappointment. It's amusing at times, but the story gets too frustratingly stupid too frequently.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the one Marvel film I won't buy, and I own Daredevil and Elektra.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sesquipedalophobe said:

I think Daredevil gets a bad rep. Sure, it's not going to be placing in any favorite CBM lists, but I thought it was alright for the most part. Please don't tell me you own Hulk though. I watched that the other day (first time since seeing it in theaters) and nearly died from boredom. I've never watched Elektra. Seen parts on TV and never, ever plan on finishing it.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I bought Hulk for a dollar at the pawnshop. Worth it. And you're better for never seeing Elektra. My ex took me to see it because of Jennifer What's-Her-Face. Now you know why she's my ex.
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@k4tzm4n: I bought Hulk for a dollar at the pawnshop. Worth it.

Alright, I suppose it's worth a dollar.

You win this round, Hulk...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jhazzroucher

doublepost

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jhazzroucher

@k4tzm4n said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@elayem98 said:

Odd, I thought it was the bad writing, clustered story and idiotic moments. But hey, to each their own ;)

@boschePG said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@elayem98 said:

you mean you got the unfinished version too...with the plane flying through CGI and Agent X witht he harness strings hanging from him as he threw his guns in the air?

yeah! i think the unfinished version spread around the world fast. I was able to watch it because my roommate watched it and it was so horrible to look at that i didn't care to watch the film on a theater.

the bad thing about the unfinished version is that when you see it, it's like losing your appetite to eat. It was like a nightmare that you couldn't erase on your memory. That's why whenever the film is shown on tv, i switch to another channel right away

If only the unfinished version wasn't leaked, the film could have sold better than the first Iron Man film.

I still remember the hype and excitement of people i meet, tv, newspapers, but it all ended when the horrible leak came. I could still remember a lot of people disliking/hating the film because of the unfinished version.

When i was finally able to watch the film on tv just last night, i could say the story was written well. I enjoyed it from the start to the last.Only because I could no longer remember what the unfinished version looked like. : )

I love the part when Wolverine killed a man and the man was his father, Sabretooth and Wolverine working together in the military, Stryker forming their team, Deadpool's awesomeness as well as Gambit, Wolvie's gf telling him she didn't use her powers to persuade him, and the worst part on the unfinished version was the best part, the final battle. there was a lot of action. I was thinking like can Wolvie and Sabretooth really beat the opponent who has great h2h skills, can teleport, can fire optic blasts, etc.. Cos if I were Wolvie and my bro as Sabretooth, I don't think we can beat him. they made a scary and very tough opponent. it was exciting cos everytime Wolvie and Sabretooth got hit, they might fall. I love the fact that they really had a hard time beating the opponent.

the film is great. it was the leak that destroyed the film.

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saucedo17

I thought the movie was good I never read a Marvel comic so it may have something do with the lake of knowledge of the character although I did thought the Wolverine anime was crap.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Madame_Mist

I thought the opening montage was well edited, but the story was just a generic action hero one.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Loki9876

Like everything

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Chaos Burn

it mutilated the X films continuity, for one

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I liked it for the most part. Not the most intelligent movie ever made, not the most well acted, and certainly not adapted perfectly from the source material or even the the movies before it... but as a standalone action flick, I found it enjoyable.

However, I can never, EVER forgive Origins for what it did to Deadpool

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I liked it for the most part. Not the most intelligent movie ever made, not the most well acted, and certainly not adapted perfectly from the source material or even the the movies before it... but as a standalone action flick, I found it enjoyable.

However, I can never, EVER forgive Origins for what it did to Deadpool

hahahaha. lol. : )

But yeah. I guess they could have made him look cooler. : )

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gonzo33

I think it's watchable but has some massive flaws. The thing I HATE about the movie though is (and this may seem silly but go with me) that nothing changes over time. Apart from the opening montage, the whole film looks like it's all taking place in 2009. Modern cars and technology, but isn't the storyline meant to be taken place in the 80/90's? Also TERRIBLE CGI and Deadpool.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By RedQueen

*yells to the sky* Everything! (not a helpful answer).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laflux

@k4tzm4n said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

I think Daredevil gets a bad rep. Sure, it's not going to be placing in any favorite CBM lists, but I thought it was alright for the most part. Please don't tell me you own Hulk though. I watched that the other day (first time since seeing it in theaters) and nearly died from boredom. I've never watched Elektra. Seen parts on TV and never, ever plan on finishing it.

am i the only one who actually likes 2003 hulk and has the DVD.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Postacrat

The movie burns out for me soon after DP comes out of the elevator and deflects those bullets from like 10 shooters with machine guns with only his swords. After that part I usually just change the channel.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By soduh2

@jhazzroucher said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@elayem98 said:

@boschePG said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@elayem98 said:

If only the unfinished version wasn't leaked, the film could have sold better than the first Iron Man film.

It may have done better in the opening night, but lets not rush into hasty conclusions.

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LipstickZombie

Everything!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#37  Edited By Teerack

@jhazzroucher said:

Probably the funniest post you'll ever make.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By MrMiracle77

Endless anachronisms.

The end of the movie takes place in 1979.  Yet Stryker has a Ruger Redhawk and plasma screen televisions.  Agent Zero has a Hummer, a minigun on his helicopter and a pair of 92FS Inox / PT92s.  Wraith has an HK G36.  And on, and on, and on.  They went to all the trouble to get period-correct costumes and equipment for the opening sequence, why not take it all the way to the end?

kidrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kidrob

@elayem98: There's absolutely nothing wrong with that amazing beautiful piece of cinematic expression.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By spidermonkey2099

I finally got around to watching it today, and I thought X-Men Origins: Wolverine was actually a pretty decent movie. As has been pointed out, it definitely has its flaws. I hated the amnesia bullet. That was just dumb. I don't think the cameos from Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Prof. X were needed, and on a similar subject, I think they should have hired someone with a better Cajun accent to play Gambit. Overall the second half felt kind of rushed and choppy.

I think this would have been a better film if they had focused on Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Wade Wilson/Deadpool. I would have also established Silver Fox (Wolverine's love interest in the film, though I don't think she's ever called that during the course of the movie) as Wolverine's love interest much earlier in the film. Also, I would have had Sabretooth really kill her and not just pretend to kill her (though I guess that does go with the implanted memories that Weapon X gave Wolverine in the comics).

All that being said, I really enjoyed watching it. I went into it with really low expectations due to all the negative things I had heard about it and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad. I would give it 3 and a half stars.

montydapunk.k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By montydapunk.k

I don't know why the majority of us hated the movie, but I liked it maybe cuz I was unaware of Wolverine's origin.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#42  Edited By x_29
    1. Terrible CGI
    2. Gambit felt really forced in
    3. Adamantium bullet
    4. Amnesia bullet
    5. Barakapool
    6. Cyclops has heat vision
    7. Stupid plot twist involving Logan's love interest from the beginning of the movie.
    8. CGI Xavier
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LoganRogue24

@samuel_larson_10: you do realize in x-1 his xrays showed his claws were man made implants meaning no bone claws. heck even the wolverine film there doing now has the bone claws which should not be if they watched x-1 jeez.

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rod1949us

@samuel_larson_10 said:

@LoganRogue24 said:

you do realize that in the cannon he was born with bone claws right?

@DarkKnightDetective said:

this

In fact, I was reading something about when Magneto ripped out Wolverine's adamantium claws that they found out he originally had bone claws.

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rod1949us

@x_29 said:

1. Terrible CGI
    2. Gambit felt really forced in
    3. Adamantium bullet
    4. Amnesia bullet
    5. Barakapool
    6. Cyclops has heat vision
    7. Stupid plot twist involving Logan's love interest from the beginning of the movie.
    8. CGI Xavier

Well, actually...Wolverine did have a love interest with Silver Fox in the comics...not sure if it played out exactly like they did in the movies.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@montydapunk.k: @x_29: @LoganRogue24: @rod1949us:

the worse part of the movie is that they said sabretooth was his brother....wth

ben_malone22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the film. Many people say they don't like it because it is different or strays from its source (which makes it different) but I think that's what makes it more interesting. It's something you haven't seen yet. If it was to repeat the same things it would get boring, so changing deadpool and giving it new aspects really helped it make itself a new film rather then an overplayed sequel/prequel. Th only thing I didn't like about was that X-Men first class had professor x paralyzed at a younger age yet he can walk in wolverine origins at a later age.

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it a lot I'm not ashamed to admit it. And I really couldn't give less of a shit than I do about others' nit-picky whiny-ass negative reviews. I like hugh jackman as wolverine, the bone claws, sabertooth being his brother, living through all the wars, riding a motorcycle out of an exploding barn, walking away from an exploding helicopter, and the fight scenes. And the new wolverine is even better.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything.

scalpernt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, in addition to what's already been said, they screwed up 2 very important things in both Wolverine movies:1. They don't make him badass enough. He's always getting his butt kicked left and right in both movies, and the Wolverine I know from the comics is unbeatable. I mean Sabretooth just completely manhandles him. The reason he has such a following is because he's a total "badass" and nobody ever gets the drop on him.

2. His enhanced senses and reflexes are not clearly emphasized. One of the things that makes him so hard to beat aside from his healing, and adamantium are his animal senses and reflexes.

If you agree please sound off so studio types can hear about this for any future incarnations.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.