Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Off My Mind: Does Wolverine Have the Chops to Run an Entire School?

• 117 results
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By unicornpuncher

I dont think Wolvie has any business running a school unless he decides to quit the other 7 teams on. Kids are kind of a full time deal, and I dont think hes got that kind of time.

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Dro

I can't believe this is even a question. His chops are huge!

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Dynamo8

Superintendent Logan, I can probably picture that. Instead of shouting SKINNER!! He'll be yelling out SUMMEEERRRS!!!

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ClawFist

@Jamiracles: Agreed

kirei_gaisuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By kirei_gaisuto

@fivestarga: That's just what I was thinking. I see Logan doing a lot more delegating than Scott did. He won't have time to just be headmaster, so he'll pick someone who can do the job well.

Liquid_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Liquid_Snake

I cant really imagine Wolverine in that position.

Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Voodoom

I feel that Logan can do this.  By saying that I mean Logan will have to let Wolverine go and put others before himself in all things.   

Logan did do this in the Exlies Alternate Universe that Nocturne came from.
    Whitley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Whitley

The easy thing to say is that Logan/Wolverine is not fit to be the Headmaster of the school. That is the knee jerk reaction. But what does a headmaster need to be? 

1) Ability to help young mutants defend themselves and control their abilities so they are not a danger to themselves or others. 

As has been noted several times in this thread, Wolverine/Logan has mastered tons of different fighting styles and skills over the years. Given his length of life, it is fair to say his fighting skills clearly rival anyone in the Marvel universe. Any young mutants should be able to a very good education in their powers and abilities from Logan/Wolverine. 

2) Can he be a leader of young mutants and 2a) Is he willing to put in the time at the school? 

Yeah, I think he can be a leader of young mutants because there is no other choice right now. He has taken young mutants under his wing before (Kitty Pryde, Jubilee among others), so we know that he has that capability within him.  

2a) I think so as well, and the way you can tell it is that school is named after Jean Grey. And Jean meant the world to Logan, so i don't think that he would be naming the school after her (in her memory) if he was not willing to put his time in there. That is the key really. If the school fails under his leadership then it would be a disgrace to the memory of Jean, and I can't see that happening. It might fail but not from a lack of time there. 

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I could definitely see him being headmaster and leading a team. There'd be some adjustment required at first, but he'd deal with it and do a fine job. However, I don't think this could ever happen unless he became a reserve member for any team he's part of and put his own problmes on the backburner for a while. Maybe this is Marvel's way of acknowledging the long running joke of Wolverine being in so many titles at once. In the end, I don't think this will end well, but only because of how I think Marvel's gonna resolve this whole thing in the end. Currently I'm thiking they're just gonna make Wolverine into the Tony Stark of this whole mess and have him be a scapegoat, instead of admitting he had some good points for disagreeing with Scott.

SRS101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SRS101

NO, he doesn't seem like the teacher type!

Ash The Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111  Edited By Ash The Flash

Well, he has the Mutton Chops to do it.

Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

No way. He's more of a combat teacher

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By duchess

@InnerVenom123 said:

No. To every bolded question and the title.

QFT.

thaliagrace14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By thaliagrace14

wait toad?

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By Tigerstriper

Well he has certainly surrounded himself with the right people. Hank and Kitty are geniuses, and Bobby is no slouch either (he has a degree).

I don't like the idea of the team being split this way, but I guess I could get on board with this if it cut down on Wolvie being EVERYWHERE.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice article

to answer simply, no. But if he didn't nobody would have, he might not have the chops for headmaster, but he's the only one with the stones to give it a shot, next to beast who's just way too work absorbed to focus on living things///other than krakoa., :P

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#117  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Tigerstriper said:

Well he has certainly surrounded himself with the right people. Hank and Kitty are geniuses, and Bobby is no slouch either (he has a degree).

I don't like the idea of the team being split this way, but I guess I could get on board with this if it cut down on Wolvie being EVERYWHERE.

I definitely don't like the idea about the team being split either. If Colossus and Storm were at the school, then Wolverine and the X-Men would be perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.