Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Im tired of wolverine!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fedf6c6a388d
    deactivated-5fedf6c6a388d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ok, so im kind of a newb when u rate me as an x-men fan, but sense ive been reading the comics, ive seen a lot of wolverine. A LOT! and honestly im kind of tired of him, he has like..a bugazillion comics that star 

him all at the same time and not only that, atleast 3 of the four x-men movies that have been released all had to do with HIM! I think james should just sit out for a bit, or atleast minimize the amount of appearances  

he's made. I think his history is long enough due to his mutation and a bit out-written. Maybe he should die and daken (take his place)..who knows!
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Ryonslaught

Ive been tired of Wolvie for years! but we are in the minority so get ready to stomach even a bazillion more books with his cameos and appearances (shudders)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

I'm not....I love Wolverine as a character and I love reading his books

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By brc2000

I'd rather have Wolverine become a member of every team in Marvel, become Sorcerer Supreme, and htake over the mantle of Captain America, than have him replaced by Daken,.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Aren't we all

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

Maybe just take him down to his solo series and maybe 1 team book that doesn't revolve around him like keep him as the leader of x-force but take him off the avengers and regular xmen rosters 

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CRTrobinson

If he wasn't such a great character he wouldn't be in so many series.  I am a huge fan and I know how annoying it can be to have him be in everything but you have to appeal to your audience and the masses like and want Wolverine!

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By karrob
    @brc2000 said:
    " I'd rather have Wolverine become a member of every team in Marvel, become Sorcerer Supreme, and htake over the mantle of Captain America, than have him replaced by Daken,. "
    Well said!
    YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungGunna

I agree

jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By jakeeboi17

I can't wait for the day when he eventually dies. I know it will happen... It must. Even just a year without him will be pure bliss!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

Boring, unoriginal thread voicing a boring, unoriginal opinion.

Akongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akongo

@John Valentine said:

"Boring, unoriginal thread voicing a boring, unoriginal opinion. "

Now tell him how you really feel JV...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Wolverine's my favorite character and in all honesty it depends who and how he is being written at the time. Id rather have him in a team with the x-men above all else, but when it came to some of his solo series he sucked. He showed up in siege yet he didnt do crap. But with how big of a cash cow he is, MARVEL isnt gonna kill him. That means they have to stop everyother comic title he is in. X-men, new avengers, and such but they get such a profit out of majority of the comics he is in. 
    armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By armylife1124

I am still a fan of Wolverine, but it is very common for comics to over populate comics with certain characters(Deadpool), but it is our fault because they only do it because we buy it if it has them on the cover, they have to appeal to our short attention spans.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

Did you know now Bendis is even gonna have Moon Knight think he's wolverine in his new series so not even other characters solo series are safe from becoming wolverine comics at this rate Marvel will be changing their name to Wolverine comics by 2013

Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Wolverine starts to top Batman's monthly appearances then we can talk about his overexposure, until then complain about Batman being crowbar'ed into 4/10 DC titles or let it go.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nefarious

I will never get tired of Wolverine and his children.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#18  Edited By StarKiller809
    @thegentlemanrogue:
    I know. Batman has tons more then Wolverine 

HE HAS... 
    Detectice Comics 
    Batman 
    Batman and Robin 
    Batman Inc 
    Batman The Dark Knight 

Plus there are tons of other series that have Batman or Batman related stuff.
    logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By logansgirl
    @danhimself:  Me too. He's been my favorite since I was a little kid. I'm not gonna stop liking him just because he's popular.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vitality

Who else is tired of Wolverine but contradicts themselves by creating a topic about the said character they are tired of? 

Anyone?
    fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21  Edited By fACEmelter88

I like Wolverine but this is true he is EVERYWHERE and he is quite over exposed...and it's annoying. I'm not suggesting killing him but damn give some other mutant a chance but Wolverine's appearances need to decrease...HE'S ON 2 AVENGER TEAMS AND 2 X TEAMS...plus his multiple solo books and all his other appearances!!! He's cool but not 7 to 9 comics a month cool, I'm not crazy about Daken but he is growing on me but I do really like Laura a.k.a X-23. I really like the Ultimate comics and he's dead in that universe and they're still interesting...if he can die there and the comics can still be good I think the 616 can survive with less Wolverine appearances.

P.S: I love Deadpool and everything Deadpool.....but I have issues with my favorite character. Deadpool, like Wolverine, is everywhere and waaaaay over exposed. I like Deadpool a lot more than Wolverine and yet I feel the same way about him...too many appearances. (In Wolvies defense, at least he is on solid "adventures" unlike Deadpool who has become somewhat of a clown (read vol.1 1-69, a superb series, but this an issue for another thread or whatever.)

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22  Edited By fACEmelter88
    @Vitality said:
    " Who else is tired of Wolverine but contradicts themselves by creating a topic about the said character they are tired of?  Anyone? "
    Its called complaining...having a discussion...a debate, not the greatest argument Vitality...Threads and blogs are started to get your ideas and opinions out and to see how many ppl agree with you or disagree. So next time you think you are being clever or witty...stop because, like your post, you probably aren't. BOOOOM!
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vitality
    @fACEmelter88 said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " Who else is tired of Wolverine but contradicts themselves by creating a topic about the said character they are tired of?  Anyone? "
    Its called complaining...having a discussion...a debate, not the greatest argument Vitality...Threads and blogs are started to get your ideas and opinions out and to see how many ppl agree with you or disagree. So next time you think you are being clever or witty...stop because, like your post, you probably aren't. BOOOOM! "

Oh, I wasn't trying to be clever and witty...I was just being real.
    TheBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBatman

If you don't like a character, then you don't have to read the story. Simple as that .=) 
    Besides, Wolvie is a fan fave. He's not going anywhere anytime soon! XP
    Avatar image for alpha_wolf_rage009
    Alpha_Wolf_Rage009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vitality:  Ha!!! Besides, I think all the Wolverine-haters will be fine. I mean, if you don't like him, trade up. Read something new. Quit complaining about it and find something different.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By longbowhunter

I'm sick of Wolverine too. Everyone knows he is the most overused character Marvel has. As much as I love Jason Aaron I just couldnt pick up the new Wolverine series.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @fACEmelter88 said:
    " I like Wolverine but this is true he is EVERYWHERE and he is quite over exposed...and it's annoying. I'm not suggesting killing him but damn give some other mutant a chance but Wolverine's appearances need to decrease...HE'S ON 2 AVENGER TEAMS AND 2 X TEAMS...plus his multiple solo books and all his other appearances!!! He's cool but not 7 to 9 comics a month cool, I'm not crazy about Daken but he is growing on me but I do really like Laura a.k.a X-23. I really like the Ultimate comics and he's dead in that universe and they're still interesting...if he can die there and the comics can still be good I think the 616 can survive with less Wolverine appearances.   P.S: I love Deadpool and everything Deadpool.....but I have issues with my favorite character. Deadpool, like Wolverine, is everywhere and waaaaay over exposed. I like Deadpool a lot more than Wolverine and yet I feel the same way about him...too many appearances. (In Wolvies defense, at least he is on solid "adventures" unlike Deadpool who has become somewhat of a clown (read vol.1 1-69, a superb series, but this an issue for another thread or whatever.) "
    Wolverine is a cash cow for Marvel.It's not overexposure...it's supply and demand.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @fACEmelter88 said:
    " I like Wolverine but this is true he is EVERYWHERE and he is quite over exposed...and it's annoying. I'm not suggesting killing him but damn give some other mutant a chance but Wolverine's appearances need to decrease...HE'S ON 2 AVENGER TEAMS AND 2 X TEAMS...plus his multiple solo books and all his other appearances!!! He's cool but not 7 to 9 comics a month cool, I'm not crazy about Daken but he is growing on me but I do really like Laura a.k.a X-23. I really like the Ultimate comics and he's dead in that universe and they're still interesting...if he can die there and the comics can still be good I think the 616 can survive with less Wolverine appearances.   P.S: I love Deadpool and everything Deadpool.....but I have issues with my favorite character. Deadpool, like Wolverine, is everywhere and waaaaay over exposed. I like Deadpool a lot more than Wolverine and yet I feel the same way about him...too many appearances. (In Wolvies defense, at least he is on solid "adventures" unlike Deadpool who has become somewhat of a clown (read vol.1 1-69, a superb series, but this an issue for another thread or whatever.) "
    Gotta agree with what you wrote about Deadpool. I love him but now he's just a clown. They really f**ked up the character
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Osiris1428

Yeah, there is way too much Wolverine nowadays. It is over saturation.

BADJEREMIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BADJEREMIE

So read something else.I dont like spiderman  I dont read it....

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like wolverine. I am annoyed that he is everywhere. There were a time where i was sick of Wolverine. I hated when he was all talk and no walk. Like in the late eighties and early nineties, he was exactly like how Venom was. Walk around talking crap to everyone, flexing his muscles but then end up getting his butt stopped in every fight.  

Now ever since Bendis got a hold of Wolverine. He has really changed my mind about the dude. He gave him something that other writes just didn't do. Character Development. At first people couldn't hold a conversation with guy for nothing. Now I like how no Wolverine can hold a normal conversation Cyclops and it doesnt end being a pissing conversation about Jean. They actually talk by giving their ideas and opinions and then call it a day with no form of hostility. Plus on top of that He not sweating over jean grey anymore. he realized that there is other fish in the sea he can bang.  

I am sick and tired of his clone and ripoffs. X-23, Daken, Romulus...to me in my opinion they are not interesting. yes X-23 is very pretty to look at and the concept might seems interesting but overall reading about her in New Xmen and other such stories, she is just "meh".  Daken.....one of the worst superhero offsprings since Frankin Richards and Damian Wayne.  Seriously this guy needs to be killed off. it seems like noone who writes about him know what to do with this guy. I don't even think the guy who created him know where to go with this guy. Its like they wanted an X-23 counterpart and he just used as a last resort. Apart from his ridiculous origin story that is connected with Winter Soldier He starts off as a villian and then they crowbar him and Wolverine clearing their shit up and maybe Daken will come around but no wait  lets go back to a douchebag.  

Romulus...oh my god I can't believe his stuff is canon. I am so glad he was only in Wolverine Origins and that is cancelled.  

Other than that Wolverine stuff(other than Origins) has improved and Wolverine himself has also imrpoved(Unlike Spiderman) 

I have one question about the guy. Why the hell does he always mentor little girls and not guys? If a guy comes up and say teach me to fight like you using my mutant powers, he would without hesitation tell them to piss off but if a brunette come up to him and say show me some moves hairy guy.  Oh yeah he is quick to jump on that.  I have a friend who is a Wolverine fanatic and I always bag on him how "Wolverine is a molester and that is the real reason why Jubliee really don't want to back to the X-men. The canadian scarred her for life imitating Patrick Bateman in bed.  That is a joke y'all."

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jayskee

I will always be a wolverine fan and he should leave the xmen and be a full time avenger
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#33  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Just because Wolverine is in "every" book doesn't mean you HAVE TO READ EVERY SINGLE BOOK HE'S IN, I mean seriously, this always annoyed the heck out of me, just because Wolverine is in a few books doesn't mean you have to read them all. I'm currently reading Avengers and Wolverine's solo series, so to me he's actually only in TWO books and not "everywhere" :P And this goes for everyone who hated Deadpool being everywhere as well, if you don't like the fact he's everywhere, then just DON'T READ his books. Just because it has his name on it doesn't mean you HAVE to read it....... -___-

logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By logansgirl
    @John Valentine said:
    " Boring, unoriginal thread voicing a boring, unoriginal opinion. "
    Sort of interesting that one would take the time to create a thread about a character they are sick of. Why bother?
    Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vitality: Good one!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Sabbatha said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    Sort of interesting that one would take the time to create a thread about a character they are sick of. Why bother? "
    People make threads like this to get conformation on other people's thoughts and see if everyone else feels the same way they do. 

@War Killer said:
    " Just because Wolverine is in "every" book doesn't mean you HAVE TO READ EVERY SINGLE BOOK HE'S IN, I mean seriously, this always annoyed the heck out of me, just because Wolverine is in a few books doesn't mean you have to read them all. I'm currently reading Avengers and Wolverine's solo series, so to me he's actually only in TWO books and not "everywhere" :P And this goes for everyone who hated Deadpool being everywhere as well, if you don't like the fact he's everywhere, then just DON'T READ his books. Just because it has his name on it doesn't mean you HAVE to read it....... -___- "
    The thing is this.What if X-Force,Avengers and New Avengers are the ONLY books you read.That's 3 different books you have to see the same character when in half of them it doesn't even matter if he's there or not..Marvel is clearly just milking his popularity.I hated that Deadpool was appearing everywhere because he would sometimes appear in books that I was reading.I didn't know he was going to pop-up in Thunderbolts,I didn't know he was going to pop in Ms.Marvel,I didn't know he was going to pop-up in Secret Avengers and I'm not going to skip an issue because of him because that would just be asinine.Marvel simply needs to stop using the "Let's put the character in every book gimmick". Wolverine doesn't needs to be on 3 teams.Deadpool didn't deserve all of those cameos and random miniseries,all these characters don't have to have team-ups with Power Pack, Spider-Man doesn't need like 3 books at a time etc. etc.It's not like you can avoid not reading a book with Wolverine in it by avoiding comics with his name on it or avoiding team books when you know he's on the team.He pops up everywhere.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro: Well New Avengers and Avengers are both written by Bendis who wants to have Spider-Man and Wolverine in every book he writes now a days (don't believe me? He's even going to have Moon Knight acting like them.... -__-), so that's all Bendis' fault. As for if you were reading both X-Force and X-Men, you should know going into it that he's going to be in both books, it's kinda of obvious. But the thing that's different about Wolverine and Deadpool is that DP would literally appear in books that weren't even his, at least for Wolverine he's not literally running around popping up in random books like Iron Man or Captain America.

And that's not true, okay fair enough Wolverine may appear in most X-Men books like X-Men, Uncanny, and X-Force. But he doesn't appear in Legacy, and really X-Men is like Astonishing really, as in it's not really tied down to the other X-Titles and is more of a book to just pick up if you want to see the core X-Men in like Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, Storm, ect.

But write now personally I'm collecting Avengers, ASM, Iron Man, Captain America, X-23, and Wolverine's main series. So really I'm only getting Logan twice a month. But I understand what you're saying, and in the end I guess it just depends on what comics you're reading.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @thegentlemanrogue said:
    "If Wolverine starts to top Batman's monthly appearances then we can talk about his overexposure, until then complain about Batman being crowbar'ed into 4/10 DC titles or let it go. "

Predictable,after seeing your posts i knew you'd say something like that 
    the difference is that batbooks are self contained and there are 2 batmen,and the quality is top noch. 
    and no batfan has said anything here ,stop being insecure its the marvel fans who are complaining.
    @John Valentine said:
    "Boring, unoriginal thread voicing a boring, unoriginal opinion. "

This
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Osiris1428
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Sabbatha said:
    " @John Valentine said:

Sort of interesting that one would take the time to create a thread about a character they are sick of. Why bother? "
    People make threads like this to get conformation on other people's thoughts and see if everyone else feels the same way they do. 

This. Don't get butt-hurt over people voicing their opinions.
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By craigbo180

Threads like this show exactly why Wolverine is such a great character, he gets you emotionally involved one way or another. You love him or hate him!

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Magian
    @doublezeroduck: Well now, tbh Aquaman was never featured in such a variety of different books at the same time, so your work was a bit easier lol
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @craigbo180 said:
    " Threads like this show exactly why Wolverine is such a great character, he gets you emotionally involved one way or another. You love him or hate him! "
    I'm not particularly fond of Wolverine (I act like I hate him more than I do), but that right there is the absolute best justification I've heard for why he is a decent character. Kudos.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PowerHerc

Given the overexposure of the character, I can certainly understand why someone would be tired of Wolverine.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Magian
    @craigbo180 said:
    " Threads like this show exactly why Wolverine is such a great character, he gets you emotionally involved one way or another. You love him or hate him! "
    True.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Osiris1428
    @PowerHerc said:
    " Given the overexposure of the character, I can certainly understand why someone would be tired of Wolverine. "
    ^^^This.
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @Ryonslaught: 

Killing him seem a bit exaggerated, but yes, he show in too many title.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Osiris1428

Don't kill him, just scale him back a bit.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

You are just crazy really (no offense) Wolverine is amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.