Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Hulk strenght vs Wolverine's adamantium skeleton

• 86 results
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By AtPhantom
    Villelater said:
    "
    Ten tons of Pure Adamantium
    "
    Ten tons of it??????

Either it's secondary adamantium, or America got bankrupt making that. Ten tons is more than all the other adamantium on earth.
    Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Shonen
    AtPhantom said:
    "Villelater said:
    "
    "
    Ten tons of it??????

Either it's secondary adamantium, or America got bankrupt making that. Ten tons is more than all the other adamantium on earth."
    I think America got rick rolled.
    iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iSHADOW

that hulk statue looks like the heisman trophy.

loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By loveNwar

Some of the arguments are getting ridiculous. Who can tell for sure how much adamantium should weight or how should it respond to impact!? Maybe because it's so hard it holds no flexibility and should crack, Hell, i don't know, YOU don't know. It's fiction for crying out loud. Some are saying Hulk "shouldn't" be able to do it. That's not the point, the question was "can he?"... Superman also shouldn't be able to destroy mountains and stuff, but does that stop the writters? No. The point is that we can clearly see, in those examples, that Hulks has dented, cracked, bended, virtually done all kinds of damage to it. Period!
    Just for the sake of it, i'll create a hero right here and right now: i'll call him Fartman. He farts and galaxies explode. There! Suddenly Hulk doesn't matter anymore because this new guy makes him look like a wimp. Lol. (Hulk will be as strong as the writters want it, that's the idea of the joke).

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By DEADPOOL

Logically, Hulk shouldn't be able to do anything to pure adamantium. I think secondary adamantium was invented for the sheer purpose of retconing any instance that a writer had re puadamantium break, kinda like Dr. Doom's Doombots being used to retcon an event where Dr. Doom does something he'd never do.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    DEADPOOL said:
    "Logically, Hulk shouldn't be able to do anything to pure adamantium. I think secondary adamantium was invented for the sheer purpose of retconing any instance that a writer had re puadamantium break, kinda like Dr. Doom's Doombots being used to retcon an event where Dr. Doom does something he'd never do.
    "
    He did it more than once though.
    loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By loveNwar

Hulk did it, that's for sure. He's probably the only one from Earth (other than Apocalypse) that can do it. As for cosmic beings outside Earth, well, i believe several can destroy adamantium.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Constantine

I still don't think Hulk can actually truly break adamantium

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By speedlgt

has wolverine ever beat the hulk? or is always just a good fight for him

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    ree-fullface-cap_nine said:
    "Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    "

The hulk can... DEFINETLY! see =>

"

this waz a cover not facts dont think he could but i dont no for a fact. wolvys adamantium can be broken by cyclops so i dont no maby
    "
      Cartridgeconnects joints, that's easy to break. You can do this to a person without breaking, bending, or denting and bones.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61  Edited By Erik
    Villelater said:
    "Villelater said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    "
    You do not "carve" adamantium. There are too many holes in this plot for it to be adamantium. The statue itself remains undamaged. Only the base gets destroyed indicating that if the statue itself was adamantium, then the base may have been something else. It is actually very common in modern statues to have a stone base supporting a metal statue.
    catman85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By catman85

Hasn't Hulk already come in contact with adamantium before? What happened then?

loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By loveNwar

I still didn't get why should it be impossible. Adamantium is just very hard, not indestructible. After all, if the statue was shaped it's because there are ways to carve it. What process did the lady use to cut adamantium? And the big question, does that process hold more power than Hulk's strenght???

DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DFChewie

It was probably cut with a laser, melting it rather than cutting it through actual applied force (which should, logically [if that word can ever be applied to comics], be impossible).

There are ways around the Hulk bending/breaking adamantium (such as "the base was made of stone, not adamantium"). Hulk has stated that he can bend Wolverine's claws, but he never has, not even as the Savage Hulk. It really comes down to whether adamantium's indestructibility is simply because it is to hard / dense / durable to be cut / broken / et al. by an known means, or whether the metal possesses some special property that actually inhibits the molecular bonds of the metal from being broken (possible, at least by comics logic).

Also, Cyclops is able to "pulverize" adamantium with his optic blasts, but has never done so, which means this may be hyperbole. Aside from him and Hulk, I believe we're left with only cosmic entities that can cause any damage to the metal (unless someone can provide some proof, even just an issue number, where Apocalypse, mentioned earlier, displays this level of strength or power).

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By why so serious

yes, in the ultimate universe hulk ripped wolverine into two.  but some would argue that wolverine's joints were made of normal skeleton in the ultimate universe.  nevertheless................ 

Also hulk has dented adamantium armour with his punches.
    WW Hulk has also broken an adamantium needle.

Avatar image for spiderulkerine91
    Spiderulkerine91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Spiderulkerine91

I can not find a specific forum for this topic so bear with me. What comics should I read that are pertenent to the Dark Rein The List: Wolverine?
    Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Postacrat

Wolverine skeleton is laced completely with pure true adamantium, his skeleton is virtually unbreakable.  If you read the Weapon X paper back you'll see cornelius created a method that allows logan's bonds to function like regular bones despite being coated.  That being said the ill effects of  actual metal being completely bonded to bone does not apply, wolverine can function normally with a completely bonded skeleton.  I don't believe hulk could break it because of he could he would've by now.  What happened in the ultimate universe is something else completely, that wolverine is not the same as 616 universe hell he can survive decapitation.  Wolverine in the 616 can't be decapitated because of his skeleton but if he ever was he would die. So the ultimate universe should not count becuse ultimate adamantium is clearly weaker than 616 adamantium, and Ultimate wolverine's healing factor is clearly stronger than 616 wolverines it's just too many different variables between the realities.
    wolvis bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By wolvis bro

The hilk has only ever broken second rate adam not the pure stuff. 

1. The hulk may rip wolvie apart but back bones, in fact all bones are connected by ligaments, muscle and cartalidge and as we know its wolvies bones that have ada fused to them not his muscles that while are super strong are not infused with ada. 

2. True ada is almost indestructable just like the material that makes thors hammer (forgot the name, a asgardian metal called "uru" or summat like that i think) and virbainium alloy (the stuff that makes captain americas shield), these materials can only be destroyed by items or persons like The Odinforce, the infinity gauntlet and beings with total control over matter like the beyonder (the original one btw who had godlike powers), molicule man (also at full power). 

So as with most comic books it depends on what you have read and what series, but in the most recient cannon the above is true and several excuses have been made or constructed to explain any contradictions. 

SSG335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SSG335
    @why so serious:  Hate to break this to you but Ultimate Universe is Non Canon.If I could count Ultimate Universe I could also count Old Man Logan in which he beats Hulk  
    SSG335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SSG335

@speedlgt said:

" has wolverine ever beat the hulk? or is always just a good fight for him "
    Both Wolverine and Hulk (Canonwise) has beaten each other Twice in a one on one fight so I dont get why people have that Idea that Wolverine has never beaten Hulk.He has done before and he can do it again
    spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By spiderbuck1
    @SSG335: awesome.    Those two are meant for each other.    
    Explosive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Explosive

I thought its beta since it bonded to and it became organic? 

hegemonster515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By hegemonster515
    @aztek the lost: well done, great research
    CapedCrusaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By CapedCrusaider

hulk throw metal man in lava, metal man melt then hulk make new statue

marvelftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By marvelftw

if hulk got sufficiently angry(and i mean really angry) then yeah, he could probably break adamantium.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#76  Edited By Outside_85

Though he needs to be past WWH-levels to do it (like WWH didnt break or bend Logan skull despite repeatedly smashing his huge fist into it), he can probably get mad enough to do so, Worldbreaker is perhaps enough.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By luckydomino1

yeah hulk cant break it its called indestructible for a reason i dont know if he can bend it or dent it who knows

NX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By NX

I think the hulks way stronger than wolverines armor.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By happypup70

um, given the proposed mythology of the hulk he can easily break adamantium if he is angry enough. He is rage personified, He relates to the angry, he exists because of our anger, if adamantium makes the Hulk angry it is not a barrier. He fulfills a desire we all have of breaking through barriers by sheer force of will

Skeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Skeezer

There are also ligaments. And yes wolverin would not be able to move. Wolverine is lame. He is Magneto's hand puppet. Hulk is lame too. Why is Jean grey able to read his mind? Adamtium is the strongest alloy un like magneto and juggernauts helmet. Why did Stan Lee make spider man use web made by him. He used to use cartridges. Thus showing Stan Lee has to fix his mockery of characters. X-Men=rip offs of Superman flight laser vision strength. Gladiator in the Phoenix saga is a total superman rip off. The black bird is a real government aircraft

dakotacooke90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By dakotacooke90

@aztek_the_lost: Wolverine's skeleton is chemically bonded with adamantium, it isn't coated in it, so it doesn't have to be porus

galactus2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By galactus2000

si esta lo suficiente mente enojado seguro

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villelater: Hey man do you know the issue of this past memories? like the one you showed about the statue.

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
    deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not canon but Hulk also rips Wolverine's arm and breaks one of his claws in half in Wolverine vs Marvel Universe.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

herlk 2 stronk for claw man

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Only in non-canon universes can Hulk break adamantium, he can not in 616.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He already broke it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.