Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

How fast is Wolverine?

AveragePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AveragePerson

How fast can he run is it 25-30 mph which is around peak human or  is he faster. 
    How fast can he punch or swipe his claws is it peak human around 40-45 mph or faster.

Avatar image for spiderulkerine91
    Spiderulkerine91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spiderulkerine91

I am not sure but he must be pretty fast considering he has to fight people like Quicksilver Captain America and Deadpool.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By castleking
    @AveragePerson said:

" How fast can he run is it 25-30 mph which is around peak human or  is he faster. How fast can he punch or swipe his claws is it peak human around 40-45 mph or faster. "

he can run pretty fast not sure if he has ever bn measured. he ran through the desert for 5 miles non stop in a feral state by the time he reached jubilee he was foaming at the mouth and was in an animalistic state banting and  growling...... it was implied he was booken taking him a few minutes.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ridiculously. out tracing bullets, human vision, beating trigger pulls before the bullet leaves the chambers,
    moving too fast for a psychics to actually read his mind. and alot and by almost every writer over time.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By castleking
    and yet ppl refuse to acknowledge his speed...
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castleking: 
    agreed. not sure why, or how they missed it if they read his books.
    ive heard PIS calls on it, but the problem is he does this stuff in every series
    and book he's ever been in, which makes it his constant. theres a long winded
    explanation as to why he's so fast and strong, im too lazy to type it right now.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By castleking
    its called hyper reflexes, preprogrammed moves, compressed time frame from his POV...
     also ppl build their concept of the character from crossovers and hero battles that tone down logan instead of being at his best

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theres more to it as well. has to do with both his reinforced skeleton and healing factor, and how
    both nerves and muscle tissue would develop as a result. like take for example the fact that his
    muscles can heal. well he could push the limits of stress on his muscles, rip them and theyd
    heal. but more importantly they would heal stronger the second time. now take that he's been doing
    this for close to 100 years. add in the fact that with that, his skeleton weighs alot more than normal humans.
    he is essentially getting a constant workout just by moving, which resulted in stronger muscles, and helps
    him to be a much faster creature. basically one can keep working it out farther from there, biology wise.
    like i said it gets into a good page long explanation when one go's into detail.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By castleking
    well he was also bathed in a chemical bath to help triple his strength, muscle anatomy in the weapon X compound,......... it was compared to something more then just steroids without the negative side effects causing more muscle density
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @Spiderulkerine91 said:
    "I am not sure but he must be pretty fast considering he has to fight people like Quicksilver Captain America and Deadpool. "

Yeah but The Punisher was able to tag him easily so he can't be that fast...
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By castleking
    @Lantern Prime said:

" @Spiderulkerine91 said:

"I am not sure but he must be pretty fast considering he has to fight people like Quicksilver Captain America and Deadpool. "

Yeah but The Punisher was able to tag him easily so he can't be that fast... "
    sigh...... was logan actually trying to evade frank?   

Wolverine's brain while in a Berserker Rage is still highly functional and operating at a fast and intelligent level for combat:
    1. http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/...rkerragedg2.jpg
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @castleking said:
    "@Lantern Prime said:

" @Spiderulkerine91 said:

Yeah but The Punisher was able to tag him easily so he can't be that fast... "
    sigh...... was logan actually trying to evade frank?   

Wolverine's brain while in a Berserker Rage is still highly functional and operating at a fast and intelligent level for combat:
    1. http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/...rkerragedg2.jpg "

I could scan you the whole fight if you want me to, if I can find it......It was in a Wolverine issue......So yeah he was tryin to evade and attack Frank .......
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Erik

Frank is a joke. His whole comic book career he has done things he should not have been able to do. His fight with Daken is just about the only non PIS writing of Frank I have ever seen. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By castleking
    logan hardly evades gun fire....  -_-

logan's actual speed is above peak ppl like frank shouldnt even be able to pull the trigger if logan blitzed him or tried to evade.
    Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dynamo8

I'm going to say above olympic level athlete, that's pretty fast but too dodge bullets? Maybe. He might evade a couple of shots but eventually he's bound to get 2 or 3 shots in him. But reading Wolverine in most comics he tend to do a more frontal assault because he knows his enemies fighting abilities unless it's someone like Omega Red, Silver Samurai or projectile users.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By castleking

okay i think ppl are seriously confused with logan's actual speed feats and cant separate his characters personality of willing to take bullets rather then dodge them........ can he dodge bullets? yes. does he need to? no. does he have superhuman speed feats? yes. are they above ur average peak humans? yes.

also no one under peak human should be able to actually dodge bullets rather they time their trajectory..... example DD

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    this more or less explains my view on olympic peak humans like batman, nightwing and so on
    Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AveragePerson said:

How fast can he run is it 25-30 mph which is around peak human or  is he faster. How fast can he punch or swipe his claws is it peak human around 40-45 mph or faster.

He has been shown keeping pace (and some cases out pacing) gray wolves, deer, mustang and boar on panel,  so we are looking at a run speed around 35-40 mph minimum. I would say he an likely hit a 60mph sprint like Captain America, but that is speculation.

His combat speed is documented on panel. It takes Wolverine .038 seconds to chamber and throw a punch. There is another instance where he simultaneously punches a group of men who are completely surrounding him, stopping, turning, cambering and throwing a punch at his target before moving on to the next man, and as I said it all happened simultaneously as though attacked them at the same time.
    AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than the Thor :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.