Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Does Wolverine Want to be a Father?

• 106 results
    CRACKERMAN92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By CRACKERMAN92

Wolverine is such a great creation.

Krakoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 215

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Krakoa

I don't think Wolverine has neglected his wards as much as the writers have, and when they periodically fall out of the mainstream, so does Wolverine's involvement with them.

gammasan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gammasan55

I think his issue is wanting to stop any of the younger mutants from taking the same path he took in life

Avatar image for lovingdamnation
    Lovingdamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Lovingdamnation

squeezes them in his musk!?
    ewwww...

DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

Wait?  I thought it was pronounce Dakin (Day-kin) not (Dock-kin)

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I was never keen on Jubilee. I just couldn't stand the mall rat look. X-23 is cool, but they really haven't explored that relationship as well as I think they could. If anything, this new Jubilee story might only serve to give less time for X-23.
    You could probably try and rationalize it that it's animal instinct. Hard to be the leader of the pack with no pack. Other than a couple six packs of beer. (Just getting that joke out there before someone else does.)

There was a weird trend for a while in Marvel to have sons of major characters that had serious daddy issues. We had Daken and Son of Hulk. They both have this insane level of hatred toward their fathers that just doesn't seem valid at all.

How could Daken hate Wolverine so much when it wasn't as if he knew he was born? Skaar, how could he hate Hulk so much? Hulk attacked Earth over what happened.

There are some similarities with Batman. Both are would-be loners that seem to adopt a lot of people into his own extended family. Some die. Not that I suddenly expect Wolverine to franchise. His comics do that enough.

I still say that Wolverine and Jean Grey would be prefect for each other. They can have their romance. She will eventually die and he can have his angst filled alone time until her next resurrection. He ages so slowly, he'll be around for her for a long time. An endless cycle of die and revive.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @FoxxFireArt: That was all explained in detail in the Wolverine Origins series (and a tiny bit in the video). It was all Romulus.
    Zghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Zghost

I would love to see a comic with Jubilee Kitty and x-23 having to team up to save Logan.  I think Logan very much like a protective figure and he looks out for the kids in general, like a Wolf guarding cubs.  

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Baddamdog

Interestingly in the X-23 one shot, x-23 was so jealous and troubled by Jubilee and Wolverine's relationship, she started cutting herself

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine is like the cool uncle that seems fated to never get married, but has a ton of nieces and nephews that look up to him and respect him.  Myself, I'll never have kids of my own, but I don't mind guiding a youngster on the right path.  It gives me some way of making another person's life turn out better than my own, helps relieve the loneliness of being such a solo act, and I get to learn more about myself in the process.  Maybe Wolverine is the same way?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

I always saw Wolverine trying to be more like an Uncle.  The kind of guy who was never going to have his own kids, but would always help look after kids in ways that their own real parents couldn't (since their parents were either non-powered humans, dead, or a test tube).

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13  Edited By DMC

hey G-Man, that other girl you remembered, Yukio she was in the recent Psylocke mini-series.

Anyway, about Wolverine. Granted I never read any of these past stories, but I think the answer is simple. It's his "cool" factor.  Out of all the X-Men "elders" I think kids would gravitate more towards Wolverine than anyone else, especially the troubled/tough kids. He's just as troubled and rebellious as they are, more or less.

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MichonneHack27

I've also liked Kitty Pryde the most out of all the ones he looked after. Jubilee's okay, but she's not a favorite of mine. X-23 is more of my favorite. But it is a little sad he's not meant to find true love or a family.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By queenfrost_

Perhaps he can adopt jubilee, x-23 or kitty? LOL

Ice Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ice Zero

Marvel's Avengers are so fatherly nowadays! I mean, first Spider-Man and Mary-Jane had a Daughter, after that Hulk had Sakaar, then Sharon Carter had a miscarriage but she was pregnant with a child from Steve Rogers, now we have this speculation around Stark being a father this year, and Logan who had recently found out about Daken, he is willing to be a father... I gotta say that i would love to see how would be like a child from T'Challa and Ororo...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

LOL @ Babs' face when G-Man said Kitty Pryde became a Ninja.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@Krakoa said:

"I don't think Wolverine has neglected his wards as much as the writers have, and when they periodically fall out of the mainstream, so does Wolverine's involvement with them. "

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That would be great X-23 is kind of like a daugther to him 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @queenfrost_ said:
    " Perhaps he can adopt jubilee, x-23 or kitty? LOL "

No Caption Provided
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @xerox-kitty
    Where is that from?
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By queenfrost_
    @xerox-kitty: :O is that recent!?
    Avatar image for comicbikerscott
    comicbikerscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By comicbikerscott

x-23 and daken are family.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Lovingdamnation said:
    " squeezes them in his musk!? ewwww... "
    The segment was great, but that comment of Babs' was by far, the most memorable.  Sounds like it's not just Namor that she's crushing on! :-P
    Woodclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Woodclaw
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I always saw Wolverine trying to be more like an Uncle.  The kind of guy who was never going to have his own kids, but would always help look after kids in ways that their own real parents couldn't (since their parents were either non-powered humans, dead, or a test tube). "
    That's pretty much something I always thought.
    Logan seem to have a knack for helping kids to come out of a dead-end, but not so much for actual upbringing.
    Which one was the best... it's pretty much like asking which was the best Robin for Batman.
    Kitty has outgrown that phase decades ago, but I still think she's the most accomplished and well.rounded character.
    Jubilee. I just loved the dynamic of having a motormouth mall-brat keeping Logan on the right side of sanity and, honstly, she understand Logan like none else. Still I can see that her look wasn't that good and I think that Generation X really ruined the character.
    Marrow and Cannonball were two failed '90s attempt to gave Logan a new sidekick, only Sarh was too psycho and Sam too old.
    X-23 is something I'm still trying to understand the character. She isn't bad, but something about her simply doesn't cut the deal. Plus, guy stop calling her a clone, she isn't, part of her DNA is different.

Overall I think that the only big failure was Amiko, the basic premise was sound, but honestly how could Logan look after her with a life like his own?
    X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By X
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

Poor Amiko. 

No Caption Provided
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @G-Man said:
    " Poor Amiko. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Poor Wolverine.
    ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By ANGEL1993

I thought he was already a father to Daken?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#30  Edited By Outside_85

Think he needs them to feel human, it's been mentioned and showed often enough that he's borderlining on becoming more beast than man, that he has takes these girls (it always girls) under his wings sort of helps him to remain human despite the nightmare thats been his life.  

Like if he was to decend permanently into a beast-man persona, then more likely he would kill the girls in order to get their mothers into heat. (Male lions and polar bears do this for example, both species are loners when it comes to males). So, knowing this, he probably will feel alot more human when he can say he helped these girls to live and grow up, the opposite of what the beast would do.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Son Of Storm: @queenfrost_: It was in the new X-23 ongoing.  Issue 2 or 3 I think.  I can't remember specifically, sorry. 

@Soldier zero: @G-Man: Amiko suffered mainly because she was forgotten by the writers & editorial staff, not by Wolverine ;)  Writers so love to cause more trauma, angst & emotional pain with long forgotten characters.  One day Bird-Brain is gonna come back to wreak psycho avian revenge on the New Mutants ;)
    Avatar image for guardiandevil801
    guardiandevil801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#32  Edited By guardiandevil801

I like him to be on his own because he'scool and better,but i do like him a father figure for other mutants to help and teach them.
    Daywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Daywing

@Soldier zero said:

" @xerox-kitty said:
    " I always saw Wolverine trying to be more like an Uncle.  The kind of guy who was never going to have his own kids, but would always help look after kids in ways that their own real parents couldn't (since their parents were either non-powered humans, dead, or a test tube). "
    That's pretty much something I always thought. Logan seem to have a knack for helping kids to come out of a dead-end, but not so much for actual upbringing. Which one was the best... it's pretty much like asking which was the best Robin for Batman.Kitty has outgrown that phase decades ago, but I still think she's the most accomplished and well.rounded character. Jubilee. I just loved the dynamic of having a motormouth mall-brat keeping Logan on the right side of sanity and, honstly, she understand Logan like none else. Still I can see that her look wasn't that good and I think that Generation X really ruined the character. Marrow and Cannonball were two failed '90s attempt to gave Logan a new sidekick, only Sarh was too psycho and Sam too old. X-23 is something I'm still trying to understand the character. She isn't bad, but something about her simply doesn't cut the deal. Plus, guy stop calling her a clone, she isn't, part of her DNA is different. Overall I think that the only big failure was Amiko, the basic premise was sound, but honestly how could Logan look after her with a life like his own? "
    Drinks alcohol: Check 
    Hairy middle age man: Check 
    Totally awesome: Check 
    Yup he's totally Uncle Wolvie xD
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By queenfrost_
    @xerox-kitty: Thanks :) And I hope they bring Amiko back!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ANGEL1993 said:
    " I thought he was already a father to Daken? "
    He is.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Daywing said:
    "  @Soldier zero said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    That's pretty much something I always thought. Logan seem to have a knack for helping kids to come out of a dead-end, but not so much for actual upbringing. Which one was the best... it's pretty much like asking which was the best Robin for Batman.Kitty has outgrown that phase decades ago, but I still think she's the most accomplished and well.rounded character. Jubilee. I just loved the dynamic of having a motormouth mall-brat keeping Logan on the right side of sanity and, honstly, she understand Logan like none else. Still I can see that her look wasn't that good and I think that Generation X really ruined the character. Marrow and Cannonball were two failed '90s attempt to gave Logan a new sidekick, only Sarh was too psycho and Sam too old. X-23 is something I'm still trying to understand the character. She isn't bad, but something about her simply doesn't cut the deal. Plus, guy stop calling her a clone, she isn't, part of her DNA is different. Overall I think that the only big failure was Amiko, the basic premise was sound, but honestly how could Logan look after her with a life like his own? "
    Drinks alcohol: Check Hairy middle age man: Check Totally awesome: Check Yup he's totally Uncle Wolvie xD "
    Yep... That kind of uncle ;)
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

He's like the Batman of Marvel!  (ok technically Moon Knight is the Batman of Marvel..) but still, they are both like loners who "claim" to not like people yet takes in young, troubled kids and try to make them better people, and i wouldn't say his biological clock is ticking....since he's like over 100 it should be clocked out by now...bub

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @ANGEL1993 said:
    " I thought he was already a father to Daken? "
    He is. "
    But only biologically. Perhaps someday we'll see them get over their differences and play catch or something. 

@The Stegman said:
    " ... and i wouldn't say his biological clock is ticking....since he's like over 100 it should be clocked out by now...bub "
    Healing factor.
    darksoul7th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darksoul7th

Hell NO!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @G-Man: completely random question  (actually anyone who reads this feel free to answer) but does Daken actually have adamantium claws currently? or are they just bone?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @The Stegman: I believe they're coated in the metal from the Muramasa Blade.
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I love the relationship he has with kitty pryde and Jubilee and even X-23. I love his relationship with kitty pryde and wish that we saw more with them together in comics now. Because ever since Kitty got back to earth I have not seen them interact and I really want them to and I think that could become a great scene. So, I really happy that he made these father daughter relationships with all these girls. Even with the Wolverine and Jubilee mini series that just came out I think we are still seeing all of these relationships grow. 

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By TDK_1997

I like him more when he is alone.But from his sidekicks i like Kity Pride.

Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

i think he really wants to be a father figure 

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Band Lone

You guys made Wolvy sound like a pedo lol  

i like Wolvy and Jubs :)

Btw is that really how Daken 's name is pronounce? I always thought it was like Day-Ken o___O

Meesho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Meesho

@Zghost said:

" I would love to see a comic with Jubilee Kitty and x-23 having to team up to save Logan."

LOL , I can imagine :D ..

@The Stegman:  He had once but no longer after Wolverine removed them!
    Meesho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Meesho
    @Daywing said:
    Drinks alcohol: Check
    Hairy middle age man: Check
    Totally awesome: Check
    Yup he's totally Uncle Wolvie xD "
    Awesome post: Check
    xD!
    Daywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Daywing
    @xerox-kitty:  
    ;D 
    @Meesho:  
    :D!
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @Band Lone:
    yup thats how it is pronounced i learned that on the watcher yesterday and it surprised me i always thought it was pronounced da-ken
    EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Could you imagine how many kids he could have with his healing factor, they keep saying its impossible to determine his actual age because of it.  Man he could be a great great great great great great grandfather....and that is just creepy, plus I couldn't see him changing a diaper, first time his boys weewee hits the cold air and shoots off on him he's liable to pop his claws.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.