Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Does he still get berserker rages?

UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By UltraHeroix

I haven't read the X-books too much lately but have been following the new avengers. I haven't seen him go off on berserker rages for awhile. Does he still have them or has he controlled himself in recent years. I also noticed that he hasn't dominated fights in the avenger books either and wondered if this due to him not having those berserker rages.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think he still does but they are more controlled. He kinda voluntarily lets the animal out when facing a particularly savage or difficult opponent. Like when he was fighting Mr. X in Madripoor he realized Mr. X had telepathy and the only way to beat him was to not think about his actions and just go animal.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By castleking

Wolverine hasnt gone into full Berseker rages in years the Mr. X reference mention only partially put him near it which allowed his mind to prevent mind reading, Logan was still aware of himself and able to think coherent thoughts but that was almost a decade ago.

The latest one i can remember off the top of my head is when Logan fought Betsy i think that was the closest he has been to a berserker rage he was furious and wanted to kill Matsuo once and for all but Besty got in his way and forced him to fight her. It was an awesome battle but i think he was more angry than actually in a rage b/c he heard every  word Betsy said and retracted his claws in mid battle making an abrupt stop and full control of his emotions as he turned his back and walked away....

Wolverine doesnt do to well in team settings he gets written down from his old norm and many writers have admitted they dont know how to write Logan due to his powerset, experience and killing potential so they try to remove him from fights in the most mundane ways which does a deserve to logan.. but, i've grown tired of  the new wolverine representation by  these modern writers and dont buy said comics when he is written sub par.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @castleking said:
    " Wolverine hasnt gone into full Berseker rages in years the Mr. X reference mention only partially put him near it which allowed his mind to prevent mind reading, Logan was still aware of himself and able to think coherent thoughts but that was almost a decade ago.The latest one i can remember off the top of my head is when Logan fought Betsy i think that was the closest he has been to a berserker rage he was furious and wanted to kill Matsuo once and for all but Besty got in his way and forced him to fight her. It was an awesome battle but i think he was more angry than actually in a rage b/c he heard every  word Betsy said and retracted his claws in mid battle making an abrupt stop and full control of his emotions as he turned his back and walked away....Wolverine doesnt do to well in team settings he gets written down from his old norm and many writers have admitted they dont know how to write Logan due to his powerset, experience and killing potential so they try to remove him from fights in the most mundane ways which does a deserve to logan.. but, i've grown to this new wolverine representation by  these modern writers and dont buy said comics when he is written sub par. "
    Flawlessly written.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By castleking
    Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By thegentlemanrogue

Wolverine gets angry a lot, but he doesn't go into a blind b-rage that often. The last time he went into what I would consider a full on, no holds bared, berserker rage was briefly in X-Inferno when he drove back and killed an entire demon army.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By castleking
    @thegentlemanrogue said:
    " Wolverine gets angry a lot, but he doesn't go into a blind b-rage that often. The last time he went into what I would consider a full on, no holds bared, berserker rage was briefly in X-Inferno when he drove back and killed an entire demon army. "
    yeh, i cant believe i forgot that.
    that was when they were surrounded and he had to protect the team from the army. The team stayed on the high ground while wolverine did his think and decimated them. that was when colossus removed the blade embedded in his body after the fight.

do you think Wolverine was in a berseker rage when he fought N'garai demons and  Kierrok within the demon Dimension?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.