Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Can Wolverine's Adamantium "Heal"?

• 47 results
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gunswordfist

?
    loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By loveNwar

Get real...
    What heals are the organs in his body, not "addicional" inputs...

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aronmorales

I see were he's coming from.

hmm...I think that's a "no".
    The adamantium is an additional part of Logan's body, so that doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna heal like everything else.

loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By loveNwar

In fact, not even his bones inside the adamantium should heal by now... these crazy writters forget that bones are living tissue that need to feed, and they would die if kept apart from blood by a metal cover that could not be pierced.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

i never quite understood how his bones worked if they are completly coated with metal how do the important functions take place
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Push
    @Aronmorales said:
    "I see were he's coming from.  hmm...I think that's a "no". The adamantium is an additional part of Logan's body, so that doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna heal like everything else. "

Exactly! Is it sentient? No, so why would it need to heal???
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Moomin123

It's indestructible, so it doesn't heal because it doesn't need to. Plus even if it wasn't indestructible, it's not part of his body o it wouldn't regenerate.
    Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark King

sigh........ some of u guys need to read comics more instead of wiki and comic movies......

logan's skeleton is bonded on a molecular lvl allowing the bones to continue to function without the adamantium impeding it,........ the science of it all was explain decades ago both in logan's comic series and old in marvel presents wolverine/weapon X

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bumnut
    @Dark King said:
    "sigh........ some of u guys need to read comics more instead of wiki and comic movies......  logan's skeleton is bonded on a molecular lvl allowing the bones to continue to function without the adamantium impeding it,........ the science of it all was explain decades ago both in logan's comic series and old in marvel presents wolverine/weapon X "

And the short answer would be.....yes/no?
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aronmorales

I think it's "yes".

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Dark King:
    sorry i just kinda stopped paying attention to wolvie awhile ago
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aronmorales

Huh, Wolverine recently caught mine.
    Forgot how bad he was in MUA.

eVILqUEeVIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eVILqUEeVIL

NO
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Watch Dog
    @Aronmorales: Why would you say that.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By EdwardWindsor

no way its metal that cant be damaged therefore why would it need to repair itself , also a metal cant heal anyways since its not alive only organic material has the abilty to heal

onigamegeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onigamegeek
    @loveNwar: Ah.... wait, the adamantium on his bones only attaches to his bone tissue, not the veins and capillaries that are attached and run through the bones, it still allows his bones to be nourished with blood and nutrients, so the bone claws if the adamantium was ripped off would heal. Remember when magneto took the the adamantium from Wolverine's body, he'll still retained his claws. But probably the only reason why he went trough a de-evolution session is because probably his body was readjusting to not having adamantium attached. Due to one.... because of its indestructibility it doesn't allow much room for bones to adjust to either certain positions, age, wolverine's lifestyle, or shock from beatings wolverine takes in battle, and two, it weighs a whole hell of a lot which hindered his bones even more. Sometimes you gonna tear something part way or completely down to build it back up.

But once the adamantium it damaged, it can't heal back. It was synthetically made, not organic.
    Alibis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alibis

Wolverine is shot in the head by an adamantium bullet, which erases his memory. Wouldn't this then leave a permanent gap in his adamantium plating on his skull?

Now if there was a hole in his head a new bullet could be shot in the same gap in the adamantium, which happened in X2 but he did not lose his memory then.. How is this possible?

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Alibis said:

" Wolverine is shot in the head by an adamantium bullet, which erases his memory. Wouldn't this then leave a permanent gap in his adamantium plating on his skull?  Now if there was a hole in his head a new bullet could be shot in the same gap in the adamantium, which happened in X2 but he did not lose his memory then.. How is this possible? "

chances of hitting the same spot with a bullet is literally billions to one , as for x2 it along with the memory wipe bullet in origins are PIS
    Alibis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alibis
    I know the chances of hitting the exact spot are very slim. But if you are shooting point blank, like the shooters in Origins and X2, they have a lot better chance of hitting dead center on his head.. or near enough for some of the bullet to pass through.

PS:
    What is PIS, I'm new and could be missing something.
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EdwardWindsor

its possible but still tough even pointblank since would have to be exact not to richochet off skull, PIS is plot induced stupidity meaning that the two very different out comes to the same scenario obviously hevnt been thought threw properly.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Satyrquaze

Regardless of PIS, movie Wolverine is running around with a couple holes in his adamantium plating on his skull and also has a couple adamantium bullets bouncing around his cranium.
    Alibis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alibis

I guess I have another question about these scenarios. I thought that adamantium cannot be cut/damaged by other adamantium. If this is the chase, are all of these plot points just randomly added without any thought or rules? It would seem there are discrepancies between movies and rules.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gunswordfist
    @Aronmorales said:
    "Huh, Wolverine recently caught mine. Forgot how bad he was in MUA. "

He's easily the best character in that game???
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Satyrquaze
    @Alibis: 

Depending on who you ask adamantium is the "only" thing that can damage adamantium outside of a pissed off Hulk, Thor on a good day... Sentry... etc...
    Kenjav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kenjav

- I'd say, of course it can't "heal", it's not organic.   
    - Just as sharpened steel can damage a flat piece of steel, I guess it would be the same with adamantium.
    - The whole 'erase his memory with a bullet' thing was incredibly, incredibly dumb. Much more because Stryker specifically sets out to this... I mean... wtf? there's a ton of weird things that can happen from brain trauma, from starting to talk like Yoda, to lose bowel control... it just don't make any damn sense. Well, can't say the movie disappointed me, because I never expected too much, but that bullet thing was just really really stupid. Why don't just say it's a vibranium bullet? Maybe they dind't have the rights to use the concept of vibranium in their movie? Well, it's done.

But no, how could it heal? It's metal, duh.

loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By loveNwar
    @Dark King said:
    " sigh........ some of u guys need to read comics more instead of wiki and comic movies......  logan's skeleton is bonded on a molecular lvl allowing the bones to continue to function without the adamantium impeding it,........ the science of it all was explain decades ago both in logan's comic series and old in marvel presents wolverine/weapon X "
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... if these writters want it, it's possible to even come up with explanations for the craziest stuff in comics ( like perhaps "mass histeria" when Superman takes off his glasses and people see a whole other man there, duh). But you see, at the end of the day, when you put your comics down and THINK... nah!! Some things are too much of a stretch. And for me, metal over bones is just that, something that doesn't have science, it was created to look cool. Sorry.
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aronmorales
    @Watch Dog: What, the MUA comment?
    onigamegeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By onigamegeek
    @Alibis said:

" I guess I have another question about these scenarios. I thought that adamantium cannot be cut/damaged by other adamantium. If this is the chase, are all of these plot points just randomly added without any thought or rules? It would seem there are discrepancies between movies and rules. "

The adamantium on wolverine's body is a different type of adamantium. Proto, True, Secondary, Beta (which is attached to Wolverine's bones), Allotropes, and Carbonadium (it was Russia trying to make their own adamantium.  But yes, admantium can cut adamantium depending upon its type. But we can't pull all to the test due to Proto-Adamantium has never been recreated.

But for some reason it says in the link below that Adamantium Beta that's on Wolverine's bones.... can regenerate... with his bones. WTF?

http://www.comicvine.com/adamantium/18-40759/

Movie's should stick to the rules, but if they did, there'd be no such thing as Hollywood magic. Which isn't exactly magic, it's just an over-usage and expensive method of deception.
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By info nation

Why can't Adamantium have the ability to self-repair? it's different from other Metals!

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

am I the only one who thinks it can because it's not adamantium anymore? It was molecularly bonded to his bones it's like a Bone-adamantium alloy. if you were to take a crayon and dip it in boiling-hot steel and let it cool it wouldn't be JUST Steel it would be both and if you molecularly bonded them together you wouldn't have either but a whole new product, it's the same with his skeleton so I assume it would heal because its organic since it's bonded to his bones.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By loganreme
    @aztek the lost said:
    "why would it need to heal, it's indestructible... "

true
    celostigre225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By celostigre225

Examples of adamantium growing back:
    -After wolverines battle with deadpool when wolverine was shot with 2 adamntium bullets in his head, logans brain along with the adamantium in his skull grew back.
    -Wolverine after recently regaining his healing factor had a sword put through the center of his chest and out the back of his spine by Yashida's son (a little reminder, just below the middle of your chest where your breast meet, theres a bone right there that connects the top of your rib cage), logan then decapitated Yashida's son anc removed the sword from his body and healed without making any complaints showing that the attack affected him, creating the assumption that there were no changes made to him.
    -While attempting to remove an infection put on his heart by Viper, Wolverine sliced through his own rib cage to remove it. It was minutes before he healed but when he did, he did not complain and once again there were no signs of change.
    -During one of his many battles with The Hulk, when the lower half of his body was seperated from his top half in an explosion, the top half of wolverine searched the mountain they were on for the lower half, and reconnected to it when he found it.
    -Before joining forces with deadpool in an animated movie, wolverine sliced off deadpools arm (keep in mind deadpool has the exact same adamantium skeleton and healing factor as wolverine), then deadpool took a comical timeout in the fight to put his arm back together without making any complaint or noticable changes.

mjjoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParkerLuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does anybody remember if his bone claws grew back after Cyber stomped them in half in Wolverine #80? his healing power accounts for that, right?

thejiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. Adamantium explained.

there are different types.

Like true adamantium- which is how its explained. Its true adamantium.

and primary adamantium. Which is a combination of adamantium and vibranium. The materials of Captain americas shield. And finally. BETA ADAMANTIUM. When the adamantium was bonded to wolverine. It also underwent a mutation process allowing it to heal and be completely part of wolverines skeletal structure. Beta adamantium is an organ itself. Thus, the healing.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is taken from wolverine's marvel wiki page, and adds to the comment above

• Adamantium Beta: The only known occurrence of Adamantium Beta was during the Weapon X Project. By the second part of the procedure when they laced his bones with Adamantium there was a reaction with his healing factor that bonded metal and bone. As a result the Adamantium "heals" just as his bones do.
    SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whaaaat?

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this true?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

• Adamantium Beta: The only known occurrence of Adamantium Beta was during the Weapon X Project. By the second part of the procedure when they laced his bones with Adamantium there was a reaction with his healing factor that bonded metal and bone. As a result the Adamantium "heals" just as his bones do.

Is this legit or just, lol well, a wiki?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Is this legit or just, lol well, a wiki?

Yeah I don't think this is legit. When OML got his hand cut off, his hand grew back with bone claws.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: oh that kinda sucks. I guess it doesn’t really need a healing factor since adamantium is so sturdy but how was OML hand cut off? I thought that was practically impossible unless by insane magic or Antarctic vibranium?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jay_z94

@supermanwithatan01: Red Samurai cut it off with this special energy sword. The sword doesn’t have any other notable feats or anti-feats though IIRC so I guess it’s just exceptionally powerful.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: that’s disappointing, especially given how durable adamantium has been for Logan all this time.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: It doesn’t really matter though as the sword has hardly any feats and there’s nothing to compare it to

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

@supermanwithatan01: It doesn’t really matter though as the sword has hardly any feats and there’s nothing to compare it to

ah fair enough!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.