Does the Jean Grey School need a class pet?

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkmount1

I'm just thinking-- almost every school, no matter what level of learning, has a class pet. So, why not the Jean Grey? I started thinking about this after seeing my favorite Looney Tunes short, "Punch Trunk" (1953).

No Caption Provided

For some strange reason, I think it would be pretty funny if the Jean Grey School's class pet was, yes, a five-inch tall elephant. I'd chuckle if I saw a comic where every so often, a student or a faculty member takes a moment to feed said elephant a peanut. I'd even get a laugh if the elephant's name was Ringo! But what would probably make people laugh hard is who the elephant occasionally sprays in the face--and of course, Quintin Quire is the first target. Or better yet, the water almost hits Kitty Pryde, only for her to phase...while Wolverine or Quire walks by.

So yeah, let me just ask--what kind of a class pet would you imagine the Jean Grey School would have?

While you're pondering that question and thinking of a reply, enjoy the sounds of Henry Mancini....

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey

Couldn't Krakoa be considered the class pet?

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By SnowyMountain

Krakoa might be more like a mascot than a pet... perhaps a landscape?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

I want a five inch tall elephant.

I'm cool with it give it to Ide "he can be the new Lockhead".

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SnowyMountain
    Lockheed
    Lockheed

I think Lockheed worked because he was sorta cute and really weird. The X-Men need something that cute and weird to serve as a pet/mascot/whatever. A five inch elephant would be cute, but frankly it doesn't quite fit the definition of weird like a miniature dragon.

Aren't there some mutant animals out there that might fit? I think I read that the New Mutants recently returned to the island where Bird-Brain and the Ani-Mates hang out. Maybe something akin to a failed experiment?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.