Wolverine & the X-Men #20 Review
Cover - 5/5
- Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?
Art - 4/5
- Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?
Colors/Ink/Lettering - 5/5
- Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening? Can I easily read the lettering?
Layout/Flow - 5/5
- Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?
Story - 4/5
- Weighted Triple. How well did the issue further develop the current story? How well did the issue further develop the characters? Did I enjoy reading the issue?
Verdict - 4.4
- One of my favorite books out right now is Wolverine & the X-Men. This month's issue though didn't impress me like past issue have. The cover this week has Archangel (Angel) up against Mystique over Brazil. I normally like the art in the issue and for the most part this issue was okay, my only gripe is that Beast looks like he was drawn for a Hannah Barbara Cartoon. While the cat look can go many ways this is not one that works well in comics. Overall the issue is pretty basic, Angel is on his first mission to find and bring back New Mutants. We discover that Mystique and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants also want these new "lights". We get a few good battles and in the end we see Shark-Girl make the right decision. We also learn that Kade Kilgore is also recruiting mutants for his Hellfire Club. The only new information comes from Beast telling Angel that he has to take it easy, that the Life Seed that brought him back has a limited amount of energy and when it runs out he will die. It seems like they are setting things up for a nice battle between these different groups, and we will have to wait a few issue to see that that is, as it appears the next issue will involve Murder Circus.