Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

On the absolute corruption arc, rebirth volume 4

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I finally got my hands on the latest Witchblade TPB (Rebirth:Volume 4) and I must say that while it was good. I was have a mixed bag of feelings about it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed enough that I'll keep buying but there are a few things that sort of got me pausing on the way to the fridge after finishing it.

First, the Ungod and how he was defeated. I don't know it just wasn't that epic. I was sort of wanting an epic battle with a flesh tentacle abomination to give boners to H.R Giger but instead, Sarah just banishes with lights and a big no. Not a bad way to go about it, thematically wise since it fits with the whole spiritual corruption aspect of the entity but still. That said seeing his pet avatar just get arrested was enjoyable.

My biggest disappointment was the death of Katarina Goodlife, she was awesome. I wish she would have stuck around longer. Her beer loving, medieval antics just seemed rife with potential for fun stories. And with her gone I hope we'll still get the chance to see more of Faerie. Because that was a fun run.

The Mal Tech portion and the eidolon arc that is unfolding is shapping up nicely and I like Muhammad. He definitively has a feel I can get behind as are the rest of his squad. They need more screen time to be develloped.

Cain Jorgenson is definitively my favorite of the new cast and I hope he sticks around. He's got a great personality and his history definitively is something that needs to be explored. Plus if they could let him evolve and improve as a sorcerer that would also be cool.

So basically I just wanted to start a discussion and share some of my thoughts to other witchblade fans here on the vine.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like marz has moved sara back to NY the state not the city though.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Looks like marz has moved sara back to NY the state not the city though.

I buy trades exclusively so I'll have to get the next trade to find out. That said I hope Cain comes along.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.