Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

Gems in the Witchblade.

Hellhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hellhammer

Been a while since I read any witchblade comics and I was wondering what the different gems in it did and what powers do they have(if any).

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

One of the gems was actually the Excalibur Ian Nottingham was wielding. Don't know about others though...one was "bad gem" Kenneth Irons managed to get it close to Sara and then the witchblade kind of went nuts sometimes.

Edit: ok did some digging

In Witchblade #25 after Ian got the witchblade, Sara shoots off one of it's gems, she then gets the withcblade back, and now it's easier to control.

bang
    bang

Then in Witchblade #31, witchblade gets another gem, planted by Kenneth Irons earlier, this gem was some enchanted gem that made witchblade controlling harder than before. I can't seem to find what happened with the gem on her balm, it kind of disappeared.
    new
    new
    gem
    gem

Then in Witchblade #75, when Sara defeats Ian Nottingham who has the "Excalibur", she realizes that it's one part of witchblade and retrieves it. I'm guessing it's the same gem she shot of the witchblade in issue #25.
    whole again
    whole again

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Nahero

ok so the purpose of these gems are not only for balancing the witchblade itself but are created by the witchblade itself to keep whatever freewill it has intact?

Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The Phoenix Child

One of the gems became a storyline in the defunct Top Cow series Archanium

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

O.O I didn`t know that the stones have any meaning . Do you guys know If the stones of the Darkness and Angelus have any meaning too ???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.