gmanfromheck's Witchblade #123 - Crown Heights, Part 3 of 3 review

Avatar image for gmanfromheck

This Was The Conclusion?

The "Crown Heights" storyline comes to a close but things are just beginning for Sara.  In trying to solve the murder and meeting the voodoo Loa,  Marinette Bwa Chech, Sara has more questions than answers.  We also see more on Gretchen Fullmer's character and her crusade to discover what is going on with Detective Pezzini.

As the finale to the three part story, I felt it didn't quite conclude the storyline.  The murder investigation pretty much got the backseat, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  The battle between Marinette Bwa Chech and Witchblade was something to see.  Stjepan Sejic astounds us (as usual) with his combination of visuals and colors.  I really liked the look of the red flames surrounding Marinette.  The colors almost jump off the page.  The story was just so nice to look at.

I think it's safe to say that we could most likely expect to see Marinette again in the future.

Dani also starts planting the seeds for her next storyline.  He decision to accept a position as a dance teacher doesn't mean she's done with the action.

Overall it was a good issue.  I wasn't crazy about the storyline or the voodoo creature but with Sejic's art, it made up for it.  I do like that Ron Marz didn't just give Sara an easy battle.  After the last page, I can't imagine Sara is going to be too happy next issue.  We'll have to wait and see.