Follow

William Stryker

Character » William Stryker appears in 386 issues.

William Stryker was a U.S. soldier who, after learning his child was a mutant, murdered his family and became a religious extremist and founded the Purifiers whose sole mission was to exterminate all mutants.

Origin?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

I missed the New X-Men issues with Styker in it. Has his origin been ret-coned? When he was first introduced in "God Loves, Man Kills," there was absolutely no mention of any ties to Wolverine and Weapon X. (I saw that it's mentioned on his wikipedia page but we know that's not 100% accurate). Yes that's the angle they took in X-2 but when he was in the military, he didn't even know what a mutant was. If he was involved with Weapon X, I'm sure he'd know what a mutant was. Also, the article here makes it sound like his wife and child incident occurred after he was in the military. That's not the case.

Maybe it's just me being too picky. Maybe I'm just questioning this so much because I'm assuming whoever wrote this knew enough about the character to actually write his history.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The one wrote it probably based it on the movie version.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

I think they did retcon it to be similar to the movies (for fans who became X-Men fans after the movie), wouldn't be the first time they did that (Spider-Man's webshooters).
    Post Edited:2007-12-22 20:07:16

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.