nawfalq's Web of Spider-Man #1 - Kaine In Echoes review

Avatar image for nawfalq
  • nawfalq wrote this review on .
  • nawfalq has written a total of 22 reviews. The last one was for Jade Knight

Not the best Issue #1

When issue #1's are released, I have high-standards. I want great artwork and stories. I assume the publisher feels similarly, because he wants subscribers. This issue was ok. Rather flat. I love Amazing, so I will continue to give this a shot... but only provisionally.

First story, Kaine:  Really psychological, a bit bloodier/graphic than I think it needed to be. Ultimately, it goes nowhere. I think it is supposed to give insight into one of the "Spidey-Foes," but I don't feel it imparted anything to me that I needed to know.

Second story, Spider-Girl: Strangely, the best of the issue. I did not read the other Spider-titles (did anyone??), so this was a little surprising. I expected wretchedness. Instead we see her as a tough-cookie. Liked the little twist with the chain and the crucifix. Nice touch.

Third story, Frog-man: Feels like a Spider-Brain-Trust inside joke that was unleashed without warning on the masses. If it had to be there, I think it could have been shrunk down to about 2 pages. What can be said about this? Why is it?

2 Comments

Avatar image for guyman442
Posted By Guyman442

I disagree with you on the Frog-Man topic, as far as I'm concerned, they could have left that story out completly and charged us $2.99 instead.
Avatar image for nawfalq
Posted By NawfalQ
@Guyman442: yeah, you've got a good point there.